Profile for David > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 76

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David RSS Feed (WILTON, CT, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
LEECRAFT RIDGID R4512 Table Saw Zero-Clearance Blade Insert
LEECRAFT RIDGID R4512 Table Saw Zero-Clearance Blade Insert
Offered by Prime Tools
Price: $34.95
2 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, great customer service!, September 7, 2013
I purchased this insert for my R4512 because I was unable to find the one made by Ridgid. I have to say, I am extremely pleased!

It fits perfectly, and it is well cut. The holes are well drilled and easily allow access to the leveling screws. And, using the screw in the back, I was easily able to tighten down the plate so it doesn't wobble. Cutting the slot was likewise easy.

I happened to contact the company to give them my feedback on the product. (They put an insert in the packaging asking for feedback because it is a newer product in their line.) And, Ron Lee (the owner of Leecraft) got back to me very quickly. I was very impressed by the rapid response, and that he was extremely happy to receive feedback on his products. This kind of customer service is rare these days, and deserves to be praised!

Freud  D1090X Ultra Fine 90 Teeth Circular Saw Blade for Wood and Wood Composites,  10-Inch
Freud D1090X Ultra Fine 90 Teeth Circular Saw Blade for Wood and Wood Composites, 10-Inch
Price: $55.08
27 used & new from $44.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth!, July 26, 2013
I just installed this blade on my table saw and I have to say it is SMOOTH! It cut through maple like it was nothing. I did get some burn on the edges, but that is due to my lack of experience, not the blade. When I kept the wood straight, the edges looked like they came out of jointer!

Addendum: I still really like this blade, but I accidentally destroyed it. I broke off some of the carbide teeth. Long story . . . I can't blame Freud for this, as carbide teeth are brittle, and if you drop a blade you are likely to break them.

I wound up replacing it with the 50 tooth combination blade from Diablo. In the end, I decided that 90 teeth was too much drag for using as a rip blade. I would still stand by this blade as a cross cut blade, and I will probably buy another one for use in my miter saw. The edges really did come out smooth, but it is really not intended to be a rip blade, and I was using it improperly for that.

I was trying the blade as a combination blade because of a number of online reviews saying that they used it similarly. But, I can say that is probably a mistake.

Another cause of the burn I was getting may be the kerf of this blade. It's REALLY thin. 0.087 inches. That's thinner than the 0.094 in my splitter was rated for. So, the wood is basically being forced into the fence by the splitter and could be causing some hang up.

Again, inexperience on my part.

Wagner 0282018 1-Gallon Wallpaper Steamer
Wagner 0282018 1-Gallon Wallpaper Steamer
Price: $49.98
49 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOOO much easier than wallpaper remover!!!!I, June 9, 2013
Ok, so I bought this and a Paper Tiger scoring device. And, then I read a bunch of DIY websites which recommended using wall paper stripper, and that you didn't need or want to use a "fancy steamer".

I sprayed enough wallpaper stripper on the walls to consider my bathroom an EPA cleanup site, and began to scrape. Needless to say, it didn't come off in nice neat Youtube friendly strips. Instead it came off in tiny pieces, and I wound up gouging my walls and stripping the paint off the drywall underneath. 5 hours later, I had stripped 3/4 of two walls measuring about 5 x 10 (I have high ceilings!). At 1 AM, I quit for the night. Today, on a lark, I decided to power up the steamer and see if it was any better.

I loaded it with water, and waited for about 25 minutes before seeing any steam (the instructions say 10-12 min!). Suddenly, scalding hot water began spewing out of the hose, followed by a nice head of steam. (No injuries, but lesson learned about overfilling the tank a bit . . .).

Then I began stripping. In 1.5 hours, I finished stripping the bottom quarters of one wall, and did 3/4 of the next wall. Holding the steamer over the paper for 30 seconds made it peel away with minimal scraping and definitely less gouging!

I cannot say that the wallpaper stripper didn't assist this process because I had already saturated the paper the night before, but I can say that the steamer made this job 20x easier!

Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: A Novel (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars it's OK, May 26, 2013
The DaVinci Code, this is not. The plot, while interesting, is far fetched and worse guessable. Plus, the book is not woven with the same degree of "ooooohhhhhhh" revelation of symbology and meaning to be found in iconic masterworks we thought we knew. Having visited many of the sites in the book, it made for a nice travelogue but didn't offer enough description of many of these sites.

Wusthof Gourmet Wood 8-Slot Steak Knife Block
Wusthof Gourmet Wood 8-Slot Steak Knife Block
Offered by Wire Whisk
Price: $19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly balanced!, April 12, 2013
I bought this block because it looked like the slots are large enough for my Wusthof steak knives. These knives are a tad too wide for EVERY OTHER KNIFE BLOCK IN EXISTENCE!!!!!! I was ecstatic when I easily slid the knives into the slots. But, my excitement rapidly turned into disappointment when the fifth knife tipped the block forward under the weight of the handles. I will likely keep the block and replace the front bumpers with some that are tall enough to offset this, but seriously Wusthof?!? You guys make knives, was this one a mystery to you?

Official Licensed Hello Kitty Retractable Umbrella - Dot
Official Licensed Hello Kitty Retractable Umbrella - Dot

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, not the world's highest quality., March 27, 2013
My 4 year old daughter loves Hello Kitty, and this umbrella matches perfectly with her Hello Kitty raincoat and rain boots. It is easy for her to open, and when she wants to close it, it is easy enough for me to close it for her. Instead of a big hard metal tab, it has a little red plastic tab as the closer, so I don't worry about the times she tries to do it herself.

The spokes of the umbrella are a bit thin, and they don't seem particularly hardy. But, it's good enough for a 4 year old's umbrella. I wouldn't look to use it in a wind storm, though.

Bottom line: Cute, not built for a lifetime of use.

The First Years Disney Princess Soft Trainer Seat
The First Years Disney Princess Soft Trainer Seat
Price: $13.99
9 used & new from $10.26

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage!, March 11, 2013
There aren't words to describe how poorly made this thing is. My daughter fell into the toilet on her first use. The cushion balances on a flimsy plastic frame. And, the only princess thing about it is the sticker at the back of the frame.

Skip this one.

Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set
Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set
Price: $24.99
68 used & new from $18.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and Cute, March 11, 2013
This is a VERY well made set. It is well sewn, and the fabric is thick. My son loves it!

Black Pirate Costume Child's for dressup or Halloween! (2T-4T)
Black Pirate Costume Child's for dressup or Halloween! (2T-4T)

2.0 out of 5 stars Halloween quality, not play quality., March 11, 2013
This is really meant to be a Halloween costume. It is thinly made, and the seams are not well stitched. So, don't expect it to hold up to more than an afternoon of play . . .

Pink Parisian Princess Medium
Pink Parisian Princess Medium
Offered by The Ottomus
Price: Click here to see our price
27 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My daugher loves it., March 11, 2013
My 4 year old daughter is in her princess phase and this dress was a very nice gift for her. It is well made, and machine washable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8