Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day
Profile for LaVikinga > Reviews

Browse

LaVikinga's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LaVikinga RSS Feed

VenusDesigns Women High Waist Faux Leather Legging-S-BlackMatt
VenusDesigns Women High Waist Faux Leather Legging-S-BlackMatt
Offered by KSJK
Price: $16.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely give these a try. You'll be pleasantly surprised (Read all the reviews for size advice, first.), February 5, 2015
MUCH better quality than I expected for the price I paid!
While they looked tiny when I opened the package, I was pleasantly surprised how easily they were to get into and well they looked. I gave myself a "wow, that's me?" when I looked in the mirror.
To help those of you dithering about which size to purchase, these are my stats: 5'10", 157lbs, 25.5" waist, 36.5" hips, I'm all legs--with extremely large, hard-to-fit muscular calves. I generally wear a size 4 to 6 long in pants (I need at least a 34" inseam with flats).
Fearing the Small would be too short in the crotch & inseam, I purchased these in Medium. The length hits just a bit above my ankle, but not high enough to look odd. Because I opted to go up a size, I found the Medium to be a bit loose in the thighs/crotch. The waist was loose enough to gap slightly. They tend to slide down when I bend, squat, or walk rapidly. I'm blaming that on my calf size. (Half way through my first wearing I had to emergency safety pin the waist to keep them from sliding off my waist.)
If I not for my height requirements, I would've opted for the Small for a snugger, make-him-sweat fit.
That being said, these smooth out my lumpy thighs & jiggly backside and make me feel rather sexy. You will definitely need no-show seamless panties with these.

Refresh Women's Lydia-01 Wedge Fashion Sandals,11 B(M) US,Camel Pu
Refresh Women's Lydia-01 Wedge Fashion Sandals,11 B(M) US,Camel Pu

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short, yet too big., December 24, 2014
Very lightweight sandals, but unfortunately they run quite small. Noticeably so that I immediately wondered if I had been sent the wrong sized shoes when I removed them from the box. Even the BOX is smaller than a normal shoe box.
The length is well over a half size too short; however, the leather band is so loose my foot slips from side to side and towards the front--I can slip two fingers between the top of my foot and the leather. It's like the parts from two different size shoes were mistakenly cobbled together.
These might work if one wears a 10.5 and has a thicker foot.

Pwr+ Extended 3ah Capacity Battery for Irobot Roomba 400 405 410 415 416 418 4000 4100 4105 4110 4130 4150 4170 4188 4210 4220 4225 4230 4232 4260 4296 / Discovery / Create / Dirt Dog / Schedular Models
Offered by RaptorTek
Price: $32.90
3 used & new from $29.90

4.0 out of 5 stars It was great while it lasted (but C/S is great!), October 15, 2012
I had great hopes for this replacement battery. Once it arrived, I allowed it 24 hours on the charger before installing into my Roomba (400 series). The Roomba was run until it was out of "juice." Over the next 5 weeks the Roomba was used daily on hardwood floors. As the recharge time was extremely rapid, I could use the Roomba again within hours if I needed some emergency spot cleaning.

While having some quick remodeling done around the house, the Roomba was taken off the charger and the charger unplugged for 5 days. Thinking this was not an "extended period of time," the battery was left in the unit. I must say after plugging the equipment back in, I was pretty disappointed to realize even 3 days on the charger has not made a bit of difference. The battery seems to be completely dead. The Roomba will glow red and sing its sad little "I'm tired" song only when it's on the charger. Once it's removed, it's dead, Jim. No light, no musical tones.

I've sent an email to Pwr+ and am hoping to hear from someone soon. I'll be sure to edit my review with any updates.

Update--11/09/2012, Pwr+ was quick on the ball with their offer to replace the battery at no cost. I simply returned the malfunctioning battery to them via USPS (they promised to reimburse $5.00, toward my shipping costs) and a new battery was promptly mailed to me. After allowing it to fully charge for 24 hours as directed, it's now installed & my little Roomba is back to life creating hate and discontent among the cats & dogs and getting those dusty corners clean. Thanks, Pwr+ for a great customer service.

I've amended my rating to 4 stars. Couldn't go for 5 due to the failure of the first battery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 3:05 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Only Purchase if you have glue & like puzzles., September 7, 2012
Thank goodness for Amazon's fabulous return policy!
After 2 weeks of ownership, I figured I was one of the lucky ones and scored a "good" charger. On the 16th day of gentle use I picked up the charger to pack for a trip and was stunned to have the electric prong attachment simply fall apart into 3 pieces. It was then that I realized the design of the changeable prong attachment was completely different from the original adaptable charger that came with my Mac.

This charger is nothing more than some shabby bits of plastic. It took me a few minutes to puzzle out reassembly, but the parts refused to snap securely together & remain in place. It falls apart at the slightest touch.

Being desperate to recharge my laptop, I had to resort using rubber bands both vertically & horizontally to keep the darned thing together until a proper charger was purchased and this utter waste of metal and plastic returned to Amazon for a refund.

Buyer beware. Heed the one star reviews and give this piece of FOD wide berth.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wusthof Gourmet 3-Inch Paring Knife
Wusthof Gourmet 3-Inch Paring Knife
Offered by Cookware & More
Price: $16.95
35 used & new from $14.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved it until it broke, November 1, 2009
Great little paring knife for those with smaller hands. Tang extends 3/4 of the way into the handle and it maintains its edge well.
I purchased this on sale (but not @ as low a price as being currently offered @ Amazon) through [...] back in May 2009. It accidentally went through the dishwasher once -- hubby did the dishes-- and was knocked off the kitchen counter onto a wood floor early in the summer with no apparent damage.
Was using it this week to peel and dice a raw potato when the handle broke clean through at the last "rivet". Although it was sold with a limited lifetime warranty, I haven't been able to find the paperwork in order to return it.
I realize it is not a high end knife, but I'm still disappointed that it broke in a little over 5 months of gentle use.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Im a very happy "Lab Rat" for my plastic surgeon, February 22, 2008
I had a bilateral arm lift at Thanksgiving 2007. At one of my post-op visits my surgeon asked me if I would be willing to test the Kelo-cote, doing only one arm for 45 days or so. We selected my left arm which was also the arm that looked "worse". I used kelo-cote each day applying it after my shower. I experienced a definite difference within 7 days and was dumbfounded.
My son, who is an amateur photographer, recorded the progress in healing taking photos of my arms every seven days. By the end of 30 days I was telling my co-workers, my primary care doc, even my dermatologist how fantastic and dramatic the difference was. My dermo was so impressed he contacted the company rep to order it for his patients.
My plastic surgeon is just amazed at the results and I am now applying Kelo-cote to both arms for the next 45 days. I highly recommend it. A little goes a long way and I am going to order additional tubes to use on some of my older scars. It's worth every darned penny.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2014 11:24 AM PDT