Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale
Profile for LaVikinga > Reviews

Browse

LaVikinga's Profile

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LaVikinga RSS Feed

1.0 out of 5 stars If the price seems too good to be true..., January 15, 2016
I encourage you to compare photos between this offering and one directly from the UD website or familiar sites such as Sephora, etc. There are enough subtle differences in the font style of the printed color names and on the brush as well as the brush itself to give me pause. Even more alarming is the difference in shape and size of the eye shadows themselves. They are NOT the same!
Please note Urban Decay palettes are manufactured in CALIFORNIA. If you're thinking about purchasing a UD palette and it states CHINA, please reconsider your purchase as the odds of it being counterfeit are almost 100%. A helpful link concerning this can be found on the MakeUp Talk dot com site. Search for Urban Decay Fakes (The link may or may not be modded out of existence: http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/115900-counterfeit-urban-decay/ )

Kurt Adler 6-Piece Glass Twist Icicle Ornaments, 7.5-Inch
Kurt Adler 6-Piece Glass Twist Icicle Ornaments, 7.5-Inch
Offered by JAF GIFTS
Price: $6.29
7 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect thing to add sparkle to the tree w/o worrying about choking your cat with tinsel., January 3, 2016
These icicles are beautifully delicate and extra long with a wonderful amount of sparkle & shimmer. I purchased three sets and upon hanging them on the tree, realized I should have purchased at least twice the amount. (I wish I could make wind chimes out of them as they produced the most lovely tinkling sounds when they struck each other as I hung a few from my fingers while decorating the tree.)

2015 New Evening Gowns with Embroidery Design Size 12
2015 New Evening Gowns with Embroidery Design Size 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Strut like a peacock in this gown!, January 2, 2016
Ladies, THIS is a stunning gown! I'm 5'10" and in bare feet it touched the ground with an extra inch to spare. In a pair of lower kitten heels, it's the perfect length. The only complaints I could possibly have would be the few threads here and there on the embroidery which need to be clipped off.
Had a frustrating time with the initial threading of the fabric laces at the back of the dress, but once it was finally laced, all was good. The holidays have been fattening for me, so currently I have a 39 inch bust with a 28 inch waist & 39 inch hips. I ordered the size 12 to make sure it fit my bust (use the measurement chart provided at the left hand side of page and not the Amazon standard chart).
Once laced up, I breathed a sigh of relief. There was only an inch of space between one side of the dress to the other. My boobs fit! Unfortunately, the waistline was way too large despite tightening the laces all the way. Because the modesty panel behind the lacing is almost 4 inches wide I've opted to go down a size in order to fit my waist. I'm confident it will fit perfectly.
The dress comes very well lined and boned at the top. Most women should find enough support to go bra-free.
The gown has to be one of the loveliest ones I have found for almost half a C Note. If you're on the fence, just get it. Amazon is great about returns, but I truly doubt you'll want to return it. It's sparkly without being gaudy.
Be sure to measure yourself accurately, AND use the sizing guideline the vendor has provided.

Rbenxia Women Girl Sexy Lace Eyemask Eye Mask for Halloween Masquerade Party Black
Offered by Rbenxia
Price: $5.18

4.0 out of 5 stars The "Eyes" have it!, October 22, 2015
Once on, the mask doesn't quite fit like in the photograph (making me wonder if an image of the actual mask has been superimposed over the models face); however, it IS very well made and worth the few dollars I spent for it. Slightly stiff which is good, and it will need a touch up with a cool iron before I wear it to make the bottom edges lie flat against the cheek as in the photo.
The only issue is the size of the eye holes. Because I have ENORMOUS eyes with very long top & bottom lashes, I had to carefully remove sections of lace around the eye holes in order for it to fit properly & not impede my view. The alteration was very easy and I touched up the snipped areas with clear nail polish to prevent any possible fraying & loose threads. Very happy with the results!

VenusDesigns Women High Waist Faux Leather Legging-S-BlackMatt
VenusDesigns Women High Waist Faux Leather Legging-S-BlackMatt
Offered by VenusDesigns
Price: $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely give these a try. You'll be pleasantly surprised (Read all the reviews for size advice, first.), February 5, 2015
MUCH better quality than I expected for the price I paid!
While they looked tiny when I opened the package, I was pleasantly surprised how easily they were to get into and well they looked. I gave myself a "wow, that's me?" when I looked in the mirror.
To help those of you dithering about which size to purchase, these are my stats: 5'10", 157lbs, 25.5" waist, 36.5" hips, I'm all legs--with extremely large, hard-to-fit muscular calves. I generally wear a size 4 to 6 long in pants (I need at least a 34" inseam with flats).
Fearing the Small would be too short in the crotch & inseam, I purchased these in Medium. The length hits just a bit above my ankle, but not high enough to look odd. Because I opted to go up a size, I found the Medium to be a bit loose in the thighs/crotch. The waist was loose enough to gap slightly. They tend to slide down when I bend, squat, or walk rapidly. I'm blaming that on my calf size. (Half way through my first wearing I had to emergency safety pin the waist to keep them from sliding off my waist.)
If I not for my height requirements, I would've opted for the Small for a snugger, make-him-sweat fit.
That being said, these smooth out my lumpy thighs & jiggly backside and make me feel rather sexy. You will definitely need no-show seamless panties with these.

Refresh Women's Lydia-01 Wedge Fashion Sandals,11 B(M) US,Camel Pu
Refresh Women's Lydia-01 Wedge Fashion Sandals,11 B(M) US,Camel Pu
Offered by Shoe Center

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short, yet too big., December 24, 2014
Very lightweight sandals, but unfortunately they run quite small. Noticeably so that I immediately wondered if I had been sent the wrong sized shoes when I removed them from the box. Even the BOX is smaller than a normal shoe box.
The length is well over a half size too short; however, the leather band is so loose my foot slips from side to side and towards the front--I can slip two fingers between the top of my foot and the leather. It's like the parts from two different size shoes were mistakenly cobbled together.
These might work if one wears a 10.5 and has a thicker foot.

Pwr+ High-Capacity Battery for Irobot-Roomba 400 405 410 415 416 418 4000 4100 4105 4110 4130 4150 4170 4188 4210 4220 4225 4230 4232 4260 4296 400-Discovery-Create Dirt-Dog-Schedular
Offered by PWR+
Price: $32.90
3 used & new from $26.32

4.0 out of 5 stars It was great while it lasted (but C/S is great!), October 15, 2012
I had great hopes for this replacement battery. Once it arrived, I allowed it 24 hours on the charger before installing into my Roomba (400 series). The Roomba was run until it was out of "juice." Over the next 5 weeks the Roomba was used daily on hardwood floors. As the recharge time was extremely rapid, I could use the Roomba again within hours if I needed some emergency spot cleaning.

While having some quick remodeling done around the house, the Roomba was taken off the charger and the charger unplugged for 5 days. Thinking this was not an "extended period of time," the battery was left in the unit. I must say after plugging the equipment back in, I was pretty disappointed to realize even 3 days on the charger has not made a bit of difference. The battery seems to be completely dead. The Roomba will glow red and sing its sad little "I'm tired" song only when it's on the charger. Once it's removed, it's dead, Jim. No light, no musical tones.

I've sent an email to Pwr+ and am hoping to hear from someone soon. I'll be sure to edit my review with any updates.

Update--11/09/2012, Pwr+ was quick on the ball with their offer to replace the battery at no cost. I simply returned the malfunctioning battery to them via USPS (they promised to reimburse $5.00, toward my shipping costs) and a new battery was promptly mailed to me. After allowing it to fully charge for 24 hours as directed, it's now installed & my little Roomba is back to life creating hate and discontent among the cats & dogs and getting those dusty corners clean. Thanks, Pwr+ for a great customer service.

I've amended my rating to 4 stars. Couldn't go for 5 due to the failure of the first battery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 15, 2012 3:05 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Only Purchase if you have glue & like puzzles., September 7, 2012
Thank goodness for Amazon's fabulous return policy!
After 2 weeks of ownership, I figured I was one of the lucky ones and scored a "good" charger. On the 16th day of gentle use I picked up the charger to pack for a trip and was stunned to have the electric prong attachment simply fall apart into 3 pieces. It was then that I realized the design of the changeable prong attachment was completely different from the original adaptable charger that came with my Mac.

This charger is nothing more than some shabby bits of plastic. It took me a few minutes to puzzle out reassembly, but the parts refused to snap securely together & remain in place. It falls apart at the slightest touch.

Being desperate to recharge my laptop, I had to resort using rubber bands both vertically & horizontally to keep the darned thing together until a proper charger was purchased and this utter waste of metal and plastic returned to Amazon for a refund.

Buyer beware. Heed the one star reviews and give this piece of FOD wide berth.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wusthof Gourmet 3-Inch Paring Knife
Wusthof Gourmet 3-Inch Paring Knife
Price: $16.95
81 used & new from $16.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved it until it broke, November 1, 2009
Great little paring knife for those with smaller hands. Tang extends 3/4 of the way into the handle and it maintains its edge well.
I purchased this on sale (but not @ as low a price as being currently offered @ Amazon) through [...] back in May 2009. It accidentally went through the dishwasher once -- hubby did the dishes-- and was knocked off the kitchen counter onto a wood floor early in the summer with no apparent damage.
Was using it this week to peel and dice a raw potato when the handle broke clean through at the last "rivet". Although it was sold with a limited lifetime warranty, I haven't been able to find the paperwork in order to return it.
I realize it is not a high end knife, but I'm still disappointed that it broke in a little over 5 months of gentle use.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Im a very happy "Lab Rat" for my plastic surgeon, February 22, 2008
I had a bilateral arm lift at Thanksgiving 2007. At one of my post-op visits my surgeon asked me if I would be willing to test the Kelo-cote, doing only one arm for 45 days or so. We selected my left arm which was also the arm that looked "worse". I used kelo-cote each day applying it after my shower. I experienced a definite difference within 7 days and was dumbfounded.
My son, who is an amateur photographer, recorded the progress in healing taking photos of my arms every seven days. By the end of 30 days I was telling my co-workers, my primary care doc, even my dermatologist how fantastic and dramatic the difference was. My dermo was so impressed he contacted the company rep to order it for his patients.
My plastic surgeon is just amazed at the results and I am now applying Kelo-cote to both arms for the next 45 days. I highly recommend it. A little goes a long way and I am going to order additional tubes to use on some of my older scars. It's worth every darned penny.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2014 11:24 AM PDT