Profile for E. J. Russel > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. J. Russel RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kingston Digital 32GB DataTraveler 101 G2 USB 2.0 Drive - Purple (DT101G2/32GBZ)
Price: Click here to see our price
68 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars High Performance!, August 31, 2011
This little flash drive is great! I bought it with the thought that I could transport movies and tv shows more easily on a flash drive than on a large, external hard drive. With 32 GB, it doesn't have the capacity of an external hard drive, but it holds plenty of movie files for its size. I've only had it for a few days, but so far none of my files have disappeared--which has happened to me with some other flash drives. If I have any problems, I will come back and update my review. So far so good!

Important info: I have used this with a mac running 10.6.8 and a Western Digital TV Live Plus HD Media Player. It works well with both.

Doc Johnson Waterproof Pocket Rocket Vibrator 2 Pack
Doc Johnson Waterproof Pocket Rocket Vibrator 2 Pack
Offered by Joy Hollywood
Price: $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst product ever, March 9, 2011
Both products don't even work. Before you ask whether I tried different batteries--yes, I did. I will never buy any Doc Johnson products again, nor will I ever buy anything from the SexToys merchant.

Tetra 26445 Aquatic Reptile Heater, 100 Watt
Tetra 26445 Aquatic Reptile Heater, 100 Watt
Price: $16.99
15 used & new from $12.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for a Very Specific and Limited Purpose, March 11, 2010
This heater works well for my 11 year old eastern painted turtle. I have her housed in a 40 gallon tank on a window sill facing East (she likes to watch the sun rise). What is important to understand about reptiles is that they thrive on sunlight as their primary source of heat, and any reptile in captivity should have access to real sunlight and intense artificial light for a substantial amount of time every day. A lamp that emits UVA and UVB rays should be the primary source of heat in your reptile's habitat, and any other heat source, such as an aquatic heater for a turtle, should only be a secondary source of heat.

I use the water heater in the winter months to keep the water in my turtle's tank from getting too cold at night, once I have turned off her heat lamp. I chose this particular heater over traditional aquarium heaters because it is housed in a plastic cage, and my turtle is very destructive. I have been using the heater since November and she hasn't managed to take it apart yet!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 9:19 AM PDT

Reef Men's Leather Smoothy Sandal, Brown, 8 M US
Reef Men's Leather Smoothy Sandal, Brown, 8 M US
Offered by What's Hot
Price: $34.13
7 used & new from $34.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, Stylish and Durable, October 22, 2009
These flip flops are divine. The name isn't misleading at all--the footbed is as smooth as can be. The straps are short enough that your feet don't really "flip" or "flop" when walking, and durable enough that they don't stretch. I have been complaining about stretching issues with reefs for years, but these don't have that problem. Overall a great buy.

Note: I wear a woman's size 10 and bought these in a man's size 8. They fit great.

Disappearing Civil Liberties Mug - Watch Your Rights Vanish
Disappearing Civil Liberties Mug - Watch Your Rights Vanish
Offered by The Unemployed Philosophers Guild
Price: $13.95
3 used & new from $11.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious but NOT DISHWASHER OR MICROWAVE SAFE, October 22, 2009
What a great idea! I love these disappearing mugs! I have one that shows what the world will look like once the polar ice caps melt. I bought this one for my lawyer boyfriend, but like most lawyers he was stubborn and didn't believe the instructions on the box that say explicitly not to put this mug in the dishwasher. He also put it in the microwave. I'm not sure which process actually ruined the mug, but the combination was more than fatal. All of the writing came off and now it's just a boring white mug. The bottom line? Be gentle with these mugs!

Bolle Slap Sunglasses (Cram, TLB Dark)
Bolle Slap Sunglasses (Cram, TLB Dark)

3.0 out of 5 stars THESE ARE ENORMOUS, October 22, 2009
This review is from: Bolle Slap Sunglasses (Eyewear)
Beware, fellow online shoppers. These sunglasses are enormous! I'm a fairly average sized person with an average sized head (I wear a size 7 hat) and these things cover more than half of my face. It would be helpful if amazon supplied a picture of them on a model or a mannequin.

Also, I understand that some large, bug-eyed sunglasses are fashionable, or at least they were last summer, so if that's the look you're going for, you'll probably appreciate these.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and Activity Friendly, October 22, 2009
I wear these sunglasses driving, sailing, sunbathing, power walking, and doing just about anything else I care to do on a sunny day. They don't slip when you sweat, thanks to non-slip rubber ridges at the nose pieces, and they wrap around your head gently but firmly so they don't fall off if you move your head quickly in any direction--even down! The lenses also don't seem to scratch as easily as some other brands, (Oakley, ahem) which is nice. I highly recommend them. Also, it appears that they've been tagged for men, but I'm a woman and they look great on me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2010 10:21 AM PST

Pentel Twist Erase EXPRESS Automatic Pencil, 0.7mm Lead Size, Yellow Barrel, Box of 12 (QE417G)
Price: $20.44
2 used & new from $20.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mechanical Pencils I've Ever Used, October 22, 2009
I've been using mechanical pencils since I could write. I've used them all: BIC, Paper Mate, Pilot, Uni Ball, Zebra, Vivo, and of course Pentel. Most mechanical pencils have at least one of three common issues: (1) the grip is too high on the barrel; (2) the lead jams if you try to put too many pieces in at once; or (3) the eraser doesn't last long enough. These yellow Pentel Twist Erase mechanical pencils have none of the issues I've just discussed. First, the grip is low enough on the barrel that you can actually hold the pencil at the grip and write accurately. Second, you can put at least 10 leads inside the pencil and it doesn't jam. Third, they have an impressively long eraser. I erase compulsively, and I've only been using two of these pencils since I bought them in July (it's a pack of 12), and the erasers are barely any shorter than they were when I took them out of the box.

The long and short of it is that these pencils are GREAT. They're also yellow, which makes them even better.

Neon Green Rubberized Snap-On Cover Hard Case Cell Phone Protector + LCD Screen Protector + Rapid Car Charger for LG enV Touch VX11000 [Accessory Export Brand]

4.0 out of 5 stars High Utility and Great Looks, October 22, 2009
I just got my LG EnV Touch hard cover today. It was easy to install and looks great. I also like the screen protectors (1 for each screen) and the car charger. Altogether this is a great value. The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because it isn't neon green at all. I actually like this color better than the one pictured--this is more of an emerald--but people should know what they're buying.

Ritchie® Navigation Ritchiesport Compass
Ritchie® Navigation Ritchiesport Compass
Price: $27.27 - $42.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, August 15, 2009
I bought this for my car. As soon as I installed it on my dashboard, the compass refused to point North. Apparently something metal in my car threw it out of whack. All I can say is, if you're looking to buy this compass and you have anything metal near where you plan to install it, don't bother! There are plenty of other auto/marine compasses on the market to choose from that work a heck of a lot better than this one!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2014 5:25 PM PST