Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale
Profile for Wyn > Reviews

Browse

Wyn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 186

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wyn RSS Feed (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Forged in Darkfire: An Amber Lee Novella (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 5)
Forged in Darkfire: An Amber Lee Novella (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 5)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Damien isn't quite the whimp I thought he was., February 10, 2016
The story of Damien and Natalie. I didn't like Damien and I'm still not enamored with him but I understand his relationship with Natalie better. Again, Katerina has described a place, in this case Alcatraz, with hauntingly otherworldly terms that have provided paranormal and terror feelings in the reader. Great novella that helps flesh out the characters in the series in ways that brings the reader deeper knowledge and understanding to their (the character\s) actions within the stories of the series.

The Necromancer (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 3)
The Necromancer (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars A whole different kind of Underworld, February 9, 2016
The underworld in a totally different setting. This third book in the series is set in the Underworld but it's an underworld that I didn't even consider which kept me turning pages just as much as the story line did. How would it change and how would Amber react to those changes, and to the Shadow, and to the twists the reveal the different parts and sources of her powers. The author is great at adding different scenery, and sending plot lines in unexpected directions through out the whole series.

Forged in Moonfire: An Amber Lee Novella (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 4)
Forged in Moonfire: An Amber Lee Novella (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome novella, February 4, 2016
Awesome novella. Aaron's emotional and physical experiences with turning into a werewolf the first week was very well done. His meeting with his father and the immediate testing for someone who has only turned once seemed a bit fast but of course no one really knows how it works, or do they. Well written, fast read, good background info and great set up for more of the series

The Rule of Three (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 2)
The Rule of Three (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely better than the first, February 3, 2016
I enjoyed this book more than the first as it was better proofread. The story moves along quickly and smoothly. I wasn't keen when Daniel was introduced in the first book, I didn't believe that he was as good as he seemed, and I was correct. Yeah me! Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Miss Adventure: a romantic comedy
Miss Adventure: a romantic comedy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comedy, December 14, 2015
I laughed so hard, I had to move to another room so I wouldn't wake my husband. It's not a book of jokes, it's a woman's (Lisa) reactions and thoughts as she changes her life from afraid to brave. The brave part involves an outdoor adventurer who is a commitment-phobic so while she is beginning to be physically brave she is also trying to bring him along on her emotional bravery road as well. The part of the emotional bravery that I liked was where she analyses her emotional decisions and decides that telling someone off isn't what she wants as part of her relationship with that person

Midnight Magick: A Romantic Witch Suspense (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 1)
Midnight Magick: A Romantic Witch Suspense (Amber Lee Mysteries Book 1)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Purchased from Amazon.ca Mostly enjoyable, December 11, 2015
I enjoyed parts of this book. Some of the wiccan scenes were quite different from what I am used to but I acknowledge that everyone has their own way. Some of the sex scenes I felt were space fillers and although the story moved from scene to scene, it seemed to bog down in places in the middle. I generally enjoyed the story and although the murderer was revealed, the puppet master wasn't leaving lots of room for exploration in furthering along the series. Looking forward to the second book.

Saving Mossy Point: In the Fifty-First State of Superior (Great Lakes Romances Book 17)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed reading this story in an afternoon, July 3, 2015
I enjoyed reading this story in an afternoon. The main character is my age and like me from a small town which has it's fair share of characters in every shape, size, and personalities. I felt right at home and understood much of the wear and tear that can happen to those involved in small town ways and how important it is to have people who are willing to spend time on volunteer projects so life can continue on to the benefit of the town and the area. I have friends that live in the UP and enjoyed reading about the area in the delightful descriptions the author provided. It was also refreshing to read a story that wasn't filled with sex and murder. I believed that characters and their peculiarities especial how Betty prayed for God's help and protection but still worried continually about how she was going to work things out when the chaos was going to start which is such a common and totally human reaction. Few real people pray and then don't get anxious when the answer doesn't pop up in front of them immediately. Definitely worth reading for all ages.

I received this book free as a participant in a blog tour. I was not obliged to give a favourable review.

Some Things Never Change (Elmo Jenkins - Book Two)
Some Things Never Change (Elmo Jenkins - Book Two)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light read, May 23, 2015
I needed some light reading and I picked the correct book. It was a free Kindle download and worth it. I haven't read the first book in the series but I didn't need it for references, this book stands on it's own. I laughed quite a lot while reading it. It is about a young minister's first position in a mega-church in which he had interned the year before. He has a quirky sense of humour and, although it got old fast, a habit of dealing in puns and metaphors for jokes. There were some good examples of church politics and the typical reactions of a new-to-the-church-political-scene of a young idealistic minister. While learning about having a position in the church administration, Elmo is also learning about what it means to marry a woman. Father Ted has some wise words for him as he realizes that marriage is quite different from dating. All in all a great light read.

Seattle Quake 9.2 (A Jackie Harlan Mystery Book 1)
Seattle Quake 9.2 (A Jackie Harlan Mystery Book 1)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking disaster story,not so much mystery story, April 5, 2015
This story, obviously written before 2000 and republished for 2010 kindles, is rather difficult to review. I downloaded it in April of 2015 because it was listed as a mystery but it didn't read like a mystery at all. In fact I forgot it was a mystery until I went to review it, right after I finished it! Rather than a who-done-it mystery it is a story about ham operators and a few other interrelated people during a major earthquake in Seattle. I think it was suppose be about how one of the characters Christina disappeared and how Jackie Harlan finds her. However, it was really more about the ham operators and the only radio station that is able to get back on the air, a start up station in an attic run by 2 gentlemen. The story of the earthquake was heart rendering, and breath stopping, and detailed. The mystery simply wasn't really there except in the first and last chapters. The story of the earthquake was great, the mystery not. There were many mistakes in language and definitely poor, if any, proof reading. I was totally involved in the earthquake and it's devastation and effect on the characters so didn't really mind the mistake much. If you are hyper critical of proof reading and language mistakes then stay away from the book; if you are interested in disaster interaction then it was a great read.

Mistletoe Kisses: inspirational romance boxed set (Inspy Kisses Box Set Book 3)
Mistletoe Kisses: inspirational romance boxed set (Inspy Kisses Box Set Book 3)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stories, December 28, 2014
These stories are just the right length for holiday reading. If I plan to read longer, I read 2 stories, if I just wanted a break away and some peace I read 1 story. Enjoyed them all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19