Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for K. Foreman > Reviews

Browse

K. Foreman's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Foreman RSS Feed (Troy, MI)

Insteon 2475F FanLinc Insteon Dual-Band Ceiling Fan and Light Controller
Insteon 2475F FanLinc Insteon Dual-Band Ceiling Fan and Light Controller
Price: $69.99
6 used & new from $69.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So close to be being perfect, with one semi-major flaw., August 11, 2012
I have been waiting for a product like this to come out for about 4 years, and so when Smarthome announced the FanLinc, I was ecstatic. I have been controlling my fans via relay switches, which give me no ability to control fan speeds, and I also had to run separate lines for the motor + light. This was obviously not ideal.

The FanLinc allows you to control both the motor and the light with one line wire, and the product comes very close at achieving perfection.

INSTALLATION: If you have ever installed a fan before, or have a little bit of electrical experience (you can install a lightswitch), then you should not have a problem installing the FanLinc. Smarthome did a good job labeling their wires, and the included instructions are easy to understand. If your fan already has a control board for controlling it via a handheld remote, your install will be even easier. You simply have to swap out the previous control module with the fanlinc, all wires should line up to be the same. The only thing you want to be sure of is that you have enough space for the FanLinc to fit. It's not too big, and if your fan already has a control module, then it should support your Fan without any issues. Overall the install took about 15 minutes, and there were no hiccups or issues I had to resolve. PROTIP: Link the fanlinc to whatever you want to control it with BEFORE re-assembling everything. The set button is on the unit itself, so don't put everything back together before you link it. Smarthome thoughtfully makes sure the fan motor does not turn on when you first boot up the fanlinc, so you don't have to worry about your fan starting to spin while it is disassembled.

USAGE: The FanLinc has been extremely reliable for about 3 months now. It has never once missed a command. With it's Dual-Band tech (wireless + PLC), it does a great job at staying in communication with the rest of INSTEON network. I have been very impressed with its reliability.

However, there is one major flaw. On my fan, the high speed setting works great, but medium and low speeds are too slow. It's almost as there is an exponential power curve with the 3 settings. You would expect to get around 33% air flow at low speeds, 66% at medium, and 100% at high, but I would rate it like 10%/25%/100%. This essentially makes low unusable, leaving me with just medium and high (or 25%/100%). Also, when setting low or medium, it does not power the fan at 100% for a short period of time to get the fan up to speed quickly. If you set the fanlinc on low, it takes about 1 minute to get up to speed, which is pretty pathetic for the "low" setting. Most fans will ramp up the power for a short period of time to get to the speed quickly, and then maintain a low power setting.

I will say that the fan produces NO audible hum or noise while being controlled via the fanlinc, so you can rest easy there. It is silent in operation.

As others have noted, there is a really annoying red LED status light that can shine through your fan canopy, which is visible in low-light. Simply place a piece of electrical tap over this LED to prevent this issue.

OVERALL: Other than the fan speed issue, the FanLinc is a fantastic product, allowing you to control both the motor and light (with dimming) separately with one power line. It produces no hum on the motor, and you can control (realistically 2 speed settings) very reliably. If Smarthome fixes the power issue and ramp up power, this would be the perfect product in its category.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2015 9:30 AM PST

Twinlab CellMins Potassium and Magnesium, 180 Capsules (Pack of 2)
Twinlab CellMins Potassium and Magnesium, 180 Capsules (Pack of 2)
Offered by PharmaFrag
Price: $42.89
9 used & new from $42.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a ketogenic (Atkins-style) diet supplement., March 30, 2012
I just recently started a ketogenic diet (a diet that is very low in carbs), which has a diuretic effect. This flushes out your body's store of potassium and magnesium. I needed a high-quality potassium and magnesium supplement. This product has both minerals!

Unfortunately, due to US law, the actual amount of potassium and magnesium in these capsules is pretty low (150mg of Potassium and 200mg of Magnesium). I take 6 pills daily to get an adequate amount of each mineral on my diet. Considering you get 360 pills, this is a pretty decent deal.

These do come packaged in a glass bottle, which is a little disconcerting to have during shipping, although my first shipment arrived unscathed.

Potassium and magnesium are important electrolytes that manage muscle contraction and other bodily functions. They're also very important for your cardiovascular health, as they promote a regular heart rhythm and blood flow. Getting an adequate amount of both minerals is very important.

Glass bottles aside, this is a high-quality dietary supplement that I would recommend.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2015 6:13 AM PST

Boss Tech Products Knit Touchscreen Gloves with Conductive Fingertips for Use with All Touchscreen Electronic Devices - Black
Offered by CELLCASE
Price: $5.99
16 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Conductivity works great. Keeping your hands warm... not as much., January 31, 2012
When looking for conductivity gloves, I look for 3 main features: Great conductivity, warmth, and good dexterity within the fingers. These gloves hit two out of the three (great conductivity and dexterity with the fingers).

First, I must say, the conductive fingertips work absolutely perfect. No issues with any type of conductive device. Better yet, these are one of the only pairs of gloves to include the conductivity material around the ENTIRE fingertip. This is very important, as you often touch your screens with the sides of your finger, not just the the tip.

Second, the thinness of the gloves allow for high dexterity, making texting and precise navigation doable. These gloves run a bit small, but that actually helps them hug your fingers very nicely, giving you no bulky padding to cause erroneous taps. However, if you have larger hands, these might be a bit small, exposing some of your wrist.

However, the main reason you wear a glove is to keep your hands warm, and unfortunately, these gloves fall a bit short in that department. I live in Michigan, and our winter climate averages around 32*F. These gloves definitely do not keep my hands warm while driving. They DO keep them significantly warmer than if I had not warn any gloves, but they fall noticeably short compared to some thicker alternatives. They insulate about as well as your average thin knit glove. I will say the material Boss Tech used though is quite soft. They feel great while wearing them.

As far as aesthetics are concerned, these aren't very masculine looking gloves due to the silver fingertips. I've gotten a few comments (not very positive) on their aesthetics while wearing them, but that isn't necessarily a fault with the gloves, so I won't knock any points off for this.

Overall, I am pleased with the conductivity and dexterity of the gloves, but I really wish they insulated a bit more. These ARE knit gloves, so don't expect any waterproofing, but if you live in 35*F and above climates, these should be perfect.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 8:59 PM PST

Skagen Men's SK696XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch
Skagen Men's SK696XLTBLB Titanium Black Dial Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic watch that is just the right size, weight, and feature set., October 31, 2010
I went looking for a new watch about 2 months ago, and since that time, I have tried out about 30 different kinds of watches. I started with bulky/heavy watches with lots of dials and features. While they looked "cool", they were definitely too heavy and too bulky. They always got in the way and irritated my skin/arm hair if you wore them for awhile.

I then decided to find a watch that was thin, light, and had the only features I truly needed. After some research, I found the Skagen line of thin watches. I am sure glad that I did.

I was a little skeptical of purchasing this specific watch, because the preview image made it look a little big. In person, it looks much smaller and fit's very nicely on my small-ish arm. The entire watch is also very dark black, which the preview image made it look a little gray-ish. I can assure you, both the band and the case of the watch is very dark black. It looks very nice in person.

My previous watch was decently light at around 8.2 ounces. This watch rolls in around ~1.1 ounces. It is incredibly light; I almost forget I am wearing it. The leather band is very comfortable, and surprisingly accommodates very small wrists as well as large wrists. My girlfriend tried on the watch as well, and it fit quite nicely around her wrist as well. So if you have a small wrist like me, you do not have to worry about the watch fitting snug.

My previous watches had all sorts of dials and controls on them, but I found that I never once used them. The only real piece of information other than the time that I want my watch to show is the date/day. Thankfully, this watch shows both. It is even multi-lingual. You can set the watch to show the weekday in English or Spanish.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the watch. It is extremely thin, light, and comfortable, and has stripped down all the unnecessary features most of us never use. I highly recommend this watch.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2013 10:25 PM PDT