Profile for Uthor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Uthor RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
15.5' Platform Multi-Purpose Folding Aluminum Ladder w/ 2 Free Plate EN131
15.5' Platform Multi-Purpose Folding Aluminum Ladder w/ 2 Free Plate EN131
Offered by First Web Sales
Price: $109.99
3 used & new from $109.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Two ladders in one, but with compromises, May 18, 2014
I got this ladder to work as a step ladder and extension ladder. It does both jobs, but not as well as two dedicated ladders.

It works best as a step ladder. It feels sturdy and holds my weight (≈175 pounds) like you'd expect. It's just a little heavier than a regular step ladder.

My biggest gripes come from using the ladder as an extension ladder. When climbing it, there is significant flex that is unnerving. Also, the fixed length has become an issue. It is always at the longest length, so can cause problems if you need to access something lower and the ladder overshoots. An actual extension ladder can be adjusted in height to what you need.

Also, since you unfold the ladder, you need a significant amount of horizontal space to extend it all the way. With an actual extension ladder, you can fit it in a smaller space, then extend it upward.

The ladder comes with slightly wider feet, which add some stability. They come separate and have to be attached. I had some trouble getting the feet on as the rubber pieces around them would move around and misalign the holes.

The locking mechanism seems sturdy enough if a little over complicated. I didn't really grasp it from reading the instructions, but there is a lever at the joints that unlocks the system. Trying to move the switch directly is possible, but a huge pain.

I have not tried using it as a scaffold and would be frightened to try. I foresee a lot of flex if using it like that.

If you need a step ladder with occasional extension ladder usage, I'd say this does a passable job. Or if you don't want to buy two ladders. It'll do me for now, but I might grab a real extension ladder if I see a good deal on one.

Asus VS247H-P 23.6-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor
Asus VS247H-P 23.6-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor
Price: Click here to see our price
80 used & new from $115.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, February 14, 2014
For the price, I'm pretty happy with the monitor. The colors look nice, it's bright enough, lots of settings, I play games and movies on it with no issues. Definitely not pro-grade, though. On all black screens, you can see the light from the edges very clearly (the images goes from gray on the sides to black in the center). The stand is really wobbly and not confidence inspiring. It sometimes has trouble turning back on from being put on standby by the PC; sometimes turning it on and off works, sometimes I have to unplug it from the computer and plug it back in (though I'm willing to accept that this is a Windows issue and not a hardware problem).

For casual use, that's all acceptible. For an office where you will be using this 8-10 hours a day or doing image manipulation, I'd go with something upscale with better color reproduction.

The Definitive Collection
The Definitive Collection
Price: $11.49

2.0 out of 5 stars bah, January 8, 2014
I like Great Balls of Fire and wanted to listen to what else Jerry Lee Lewis had to offer. Turns out it's many, many slow, boring, country ballads.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 7:41 PM PST

Ultra: Seven Days
Ultra: Seven Days
by Joshua Luna
Price: $15.78
66 used & new from $2.57

1.0 out of 5 stars Fails the Bechdel test so hard, December 18, 2013
This review is from: Ultra: Seven Days (Paperback)
Wow, this was bad. We have a story following three of the most powerful and well known women on the planet who's jobs are to save people. What do they do every time they get together? Boys. Even when they experience traumatic, life threatening events in the story, their next conversation invariably turns toward boys. All the other conversations are one sided speeches or guys talking about penises. Ultra's one date in the book is the guy speechifying about how awesome she is, she falls immediately "in love", and then is shamed after having sex. There are no natural depictions of the characters' relationships to show why they are friends and/or lovers, just a lot of dialog telling you this is the case. There's some attempt at looking at celebrity culture, but it's very broad and doesn't say anything new. The art itself is fine, nothing special, but there's a bunch of annoying digital blurring going on.

I feel worse for having read this. I was actively angry the whole time.

If you want a realistic look at superheoes, read something else. There's plenty out there. Powers by Bendis is a much better look at the "real" lives of superheroes and law enforcement, features better conversations between the female characters, and doesn't shame anyone for having a sex life.

Koss PORTABLE Replacement Cushions
Koss PORTABLE Replacement Cushions
Price: $3.99
34 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Work with Porta Pro's, October 29, 2013
These work just fine with my Porta Pro's. The back of the packaging also says they work with:
-KSC7

WATERLOO INDUSTRIES #HP2331 3 Draw Plas Port Chest
Offered by AtoZ Online
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for around the house, August 27, 2013
I got this tool box years ago and it's perfect to have around the house. I use it to organize a full set of 1/4" and 3/8" socekts, ratchets, wrenches, screw drivers, and allen wrenches in the drawers, then keep my hammer, saw, pliers, adjustable wrenches, and other miscellaneous junk in the top. I keep everything I could need around the house or for light car work in it barring my power drill and electrical tools.

I love that this box has drawers. I threw some liners in the drawers and everything stays nice and organized unlike in a big open tool box where everything is just jammed in together.

Full, it's a little too heavy to carry with you everywhere. I usually just leave it where it is and grab just the tools I need. But, I can move it to the garage or car if need be. Or if I happen to need something to stand on (it can hold my weight, but I'm not necessarily recommending it be used over a step stool or ladder).

Overall, I feel it's a solid tool box and has been good to me for 5+ years now.

Thomas & Betts RC3105 Carlon Wireless Chime
Thomas & Betts RC3105 Carlon Wireless Chime
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $12.99
25 used & new from $7.43

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, August 6, 2013
I just installed it, so I can't say anything about longevity. It's easy to setup/install and comes with all the mounting hardware, which is nice. There are three different chimes, but none are especially pleasant. The volume is really low, but should do in the small house I have. Pro: cost me $10 at Menards, so I can't complain too much about it.

Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard
Microsoft SideWinder X4 Keyboard
Offered by BetterLifeTech
Price: $82.99
13 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, August 6, 2013
I bought this keyboard for the backlighting, so I don't really use any of the gaming marcos.

The keyboard is fine. The keys don't have a LOT of travel and don't really click loudly, but better than a laptop's keyboard. The backlighting is decently bright; the brightest is visible during the day, but I just leave it on the lowest setting, which is just fine in the dark when you really need it.

The problem I have is the extra width on the side of the keyboard for the marco keys. I'm used to a keyboard at work where the keys end at the edge of the keyboard, so I keep hitting the marco switch key instead of ESC on this one. I also find the keys a little slippery and, with the rounded edges, kinda hard to touch type (getting better, and, admittedly, I don't type a TON at home).

Like I said, I don't really use the macros, but I dug through the software a little bit and there is a decent amount of customization. You can assign different commands to the multimedia keys and do things like turn on and off the Windows Key. I would have loved using this when I still played CS:S a lot.

Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Price: $22.99
212 used & new from $13.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Mouse, August 6, 2013
The mouse is comfortable and cheap. I have no issues using it. I haven't used it enough to wear out the batteries, yet (a few months). I had some issues of it not responding all the time when the reciever was 6-8 ft away on the back side of the computer case, but no more now that I have a desk and the mouse is only a couple of feet away, so I don't know if I'd recommend it for an HTPC sitting 10 ft away.

OEM Motorola SPN5689A Dual Port Universal Wall Charger for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX XT916 / XT913, Admiral / PAX XT603, Atrix 2, DROID RAZR XT912 /HD, Photon 4G, Triumph WX435, Theory WX430, Titanium i1x, i412, XPRT, Droid X2, Clutch + i475
Offered by TopDeals14
Price: $7.99
12 used & new from $7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Fine, August 6, 2013
I stashed a couple of these around the house. They work fine keeping my phone topped up (Galaxy Nexus). It's not included in the description, but I recieved two 3 ft USB cables with the two chargers, which was a nice bonus.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8