Profile for michaelb1968 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 52

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

michaelb1968 RSS Feed (Philadelphia, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Briggs & Stratton 30469 6000-Watt Gas Powered Portable Generator with 1650 Series 342cc Engine and Power Surge Alternator, Engine Oil Included
Price: $779.00
8 used & new from $679.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, reliable choice, June 25, 2015
This is my first generator. I have rented another, and am not an expert, but I will say I couldn't be more thrilled.

I bought it after Hurricane Sandy. I used a 3000 watt Honda and if I could have afforded a Honda, I'd have bought one. That said, I am really happy with this. I bought it after Sandy but used it for the first time recently.

Pros:
- Perfect delivery, easy assembly
- Super simple to start. One half pull does it, move the choke, and you are in business
- Efficient on gas. Goes ~13 hrs on a half load
- Reasonable noise. They are all loud, this is no louder or quieter than others.
- Very powerful and can handle a lot
- Easy to maneuver despite weight

Cons:
- It is big and heavy
- Oil plug in a very awkward spot

All in all, I like it so far. Can't imagine what else I'd need.

Amazon Fire TV Stick
Amazon Fire TV Stick
Price: $39.00

4.0 out of 5 stars One huge flaw, March 19, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Fire TV Stick (Electronics)
Not much to say that hasn't been said in the previous 27k reviews. It blows Chromecast out of the water and is the best platform out there. I own the Fire TV (5 stars) and this.

Unfortunately, I am about to return my 2nd Fire Stick. I bought it for my family room TV, which is wall mounted. I plug it in, connect to the USB port, turn it on, and I get a message saying I can't power it through USB. Whhaaaaaaaaa??????? Seriously? So, I am expected to fish the cable through a wall and try to find an outlet? Ummmm.... no. Major fail.

If an outlet is convenient, it is 5 stars. Otherwise, it is useless.

Seagate Expansion 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBV3000100)
Seagate Expansion 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBV3000100)
Offered by DealsPro1
Price: $114.95
38 used & new from $80.00

2.0 out of 5 stars 26 months and dead, February 2, 2015
Bought Nov 2012, died Jan 2015. Lasted 26 months, making me the proud owner of yet another multi-TB paperweight. Luckily I was able to inch my data off in "3 yards and a cloud of dust" fashion before it was too late. The sad part was it was easily my fastest drive before this, which is why I added the 2nd star.

Seagate, WD, it doesn't matter... nothing is reliable these days. All drives stink. You need to backup your backups or find an online solution. The bigger these drives get, the more fragile they become. Quality across the board is gawdawful.

FYI - The SeaTools tests failed, but Windows 7 told me it was fine. My symptoms were delayed spins, long directory reads, and finally NO directory reads. If any of that starts happening, move your data first, investigate later.

Panasonic 1200W 1.2 Cu. Ft. Countertop/Built-in Microwave with Inverter Technology NN-SD681S Stainless
Price: $173.64
12 used & new from $96.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Okay if it works, but too risky, January 3, 2015
I read the reviews, knew the light was an issue. Still, it looked too good. Despite being an older unit that is discounted for a reason, I bought it. As far as a microwave goes, it was fine. They all work pretty similarly, really, so we buy for looks and size. Unfortunately, this dumped on me just 3 weeks in. Hit Start and nothing... read the reviews here and you will see I am not alone. Quality is a concern. The unit is now in the box awaiting a UPS pickup.

I would avoid this unit. Had this happened outside the return window I'd be freaking.

WD 1TB WD Elements Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive Storage (WDBUZG0010BBK-NESN)
WD 1TB WD Elements Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive Storage (WDBUZG0010BBK-NESN)
Price: $58.00
56 used & new from $45.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked great until it didn't, October 17, 2014
It really worked great until it didn't. It was quiet and fast, no mess. Recognized instantly, no worries, until one day it simply stopped working. It powered up, but wasn't recognized by Windows 7 any longer. I swapped computers, cables, USB ports, etc... nothing. Device Manager couldn't see it. It was alive, but dead.

The good thing is that I called WD and they saw it wasn't registered, so they registered it and gave me a year warranty. I bought it 11 months ago, so it was a gift. They will replace it through a basic RMA process, no questions asked. Their service in this regard is fantastic and that is why I offered an extra star. I will accept the new drive, but the hardware is cheap.

Sadly, the product is pure junk. A flash drive is probably more reliable. This is my 2nd WD portable failure. My files are gone, but they were redundant, so I am not worried. YOU CANNOT COUNT ON PORTABLE DEVICES AS YOUR SOLE BACKUP METHOD!!! Please don't make that error.

I can't recommend these products.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2015 6:40 PM PST

OSD Audio RX550 5.25-inch 2-Way Outdoor 100-Watt Rock Speaker Pair, Slate Grey
OSD Audio RX550 5.25-inch 2-Way Outdoor 100-Watt Rock Speaker Pair, Slate Grey
Price: Click here to see our price
9 used & new from $59.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value, August 4, 2014
Great value. Put around pool paired with Sonos amp. Plenty loud, beautiful sound.

Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers
Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers
Offered by Best 4 Best
Price: $12.49
51 used & new from $8.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Spend more elsewhere, August 4, 2014
Fast ship, cheap price, but a really poor set of speakers. A constant hiss is present when no sound and when in use, they are very tinny with absolutely no bass or fullness. I wasn't expecting much, but I did expect something. Really bad.

UPDATE: Just returned. I couldn't take the constant hum/hiss. May have been defective.

Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII Anti-Glare/Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protectors [3-Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, July 11, 2014
Received on time, but only 1 protector was in package. Went on easily but not perfect. Edges peeled. Never was perfectly smooth. Today got caught on something and corner bent. Was hoping for a little better quality. Also wondering why I received 1 instead of 3?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 12:28 PM PDT

NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender - Wall Plug Version (WN3000RP)
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender - Wall Plug Version (WN3000RP)
Offered by 5 STARS Experience
Price: $34.88
123 used & new from $20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product, May 27, 2014
I am a Netgear fan, but this product is a disaster. It literally goes in and out every couple minutes. My main router is upstairs and I actually get a signal to it from my pool area, but it can be hit or miss. I decided to extend last year and got this unit, which I located at the back of my house near a glass wall of sorts, a mere 30 feet from where we use our phones and iPads. It seemed great at first, but after a couple months it basically stopped working. I have reset and did all the BS they tell you to do. It is terrible. We have an outdoor speaker setup controlled by Sonos, and when you open the app it is hit or miss. One minute you have full bars, then it vanishes. It is defective and clearly I am not crazy or alone.

Sadly, their competition is in the same boat if you do the comp research. There doesn't seem to be a reliable extender product out there for the home. It is very frustrating that the technology isn't there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 8:27 AM PDT

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, December 31, 2013
The HDMI port took a dump on my son's PS3. Since we moved it to his room after the xbox one purchase, we wanted a cheaper alternative to make it run. We chose this cable and, while it *kind of* works, the quality is sub-par. While in menus, the display has a green tint and lines that move. Meanwhile, a different tint of green band moves slowly. When you get to the game itself, the color seems to return to an acceptable level, but nowhere near the quality you'd expect from decent component cables. There is also a noticeable hum caused by the audio. As other reviewers have stated, the construction is flimsy and in no way is representative of what is pictured. I am going to return it, as I feel it is defective.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6