Profile for Liqmaticus > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Liqmaticus RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE1T0BW
104 used & new from $410.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning on the packaging. Careful when you open., April 12, 2014
The SSD is fine and performance is good, but I wanted to warn others buying this. Open the box very carefully. Samsung has done a terrible job packaging this drive in the box it comes in. The plastic tray the drive sits in does not hold the drive in securely so when I went to open the package the drive just fell out and dropped on the floor. After much testing it looks like it is doing fine, but Samsung needs to completely redesign their packaging. I have read about others having the same problem with this.

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p 15.6-Inch Laptop (59406648) Dusk Black
Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p 15.6-Inch Laptop (59406648) Dusk Black
Offered by J-Tech Digital, Inc
Price: $1,440.50
12 used & new from $1,029.93

2.0 out of 5 stars Good price and performance, but Lenovo cheaps out on parts., April 7, 2014
I sent mine back 30 minutes after I turned it on for the first time. Ordered highest end model direct from Lenovo.com Opened it up and immediately realized the cheap WiFi card that they have installed does NOT support the 5GHz band. You have got to be kidding me. I have three year old laptops that support that. The 2.4Ghz band is way too crowded these days and the 5GHz band is a must especially in a "performance" laptop that Lenovo advertises. The text on the 1920x1080 screen was rather blurry. When I say blurry, it looked liked every black letter was slightly bleeding on a white background. Did a quick search on the problem and others had also noticed this. Then you have the slow and outdated 5400 RPM hard drive. Lenovo should have an SSD option for this "performance" laptop. Ridiculous! Yes, you can put one in yourself, but of course that wont be covered under warranty. I checked with Lenovo on that. The machine will still be under warranty of course. I could even replace the WiFi card, but I am buying a new laptop which should have options so I do not have to add my own parts.

Lets talk about the chassis. I can't believe more people are not complaining about the wrist rest area. In the front of the laptop where you rest your wrists to type the edge is sharp in the front so while I type it scrapes my wrists. Ouch! The trackpad feels cheap and is sunken into the chassis. It should be flush with the rest of the surface of the laptop. Very weird feeling trackpad.

I sent this unit right back to them and it is easily the shortest time I have ever owned a laptop. I use Alienware laptops normally, but wanted something lighter and smaller. Guess what? Going back to the big AW. They may be more money, but they build rock solid quality laptop products.

Bottom line is this. Lenovo really has a great slim design idea here with SLI tech to boot. They need to go back to the drawing board and start making this model with quality materials and top notch parts. I am willing to pay more money for good design and build. You would think Lenovo would realize the crowd they are selling to. Gamers and performance laptop users. The most picky and quality demanding laptop users on the planet. I never say never so maybe in the future I will look at their later revisions of the IdeaPad, but for now they need to brush up on their quality and options.

Light-Matrix Portal
Light-Matrix Portal
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best ambient tracks out there., January 20, 2014
This review is from: Light-Matrix Portal (MP3 Music)
Just an amazing ambient track. I listen to this masterpiece over and over. Completely puts me in a trance. Definitely in my top ten picks of ambient tracks.

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) DDR3 1866MHz (PC3 15000 ) Laptop Memory (CMSX8GX3M2B1866C10)
Price: $96.99
9 used & new from $96.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast 1600MHz memory, but could never get 1866MHz on my Alienware M18x R1., January 20, 2014
Fast stable 1600MHz RAM for my Alienware M18x R1 laptop, but I never could get it to run at 1866MHz even with the M18x R1 A05 unlocked BIOS. Timings on this RAM are a bit faster @ 9.9.9.28 than the Alienware factory Hyundai 1600MHz RAM @ 11.11.11.28.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2014 3:36 AM PDT

Mobile Edge Alienware Orion M18x ScanFast Checkpoint Friendly Backpack
Mobile Edge Alienware Orion M18x ScanFast Checkpoint Friendly Backpack
141 used & new from $89.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost three years of ownership and holding up like new., January 20, 2014
Almost three years of constant travel with this laptop bag and it still looks like new and is holding up perfectly. My Alienware M18x R1 fits nice and snug and the this backpack has plenty of room for the power brick plus my mouse pad and mouse and all the trimmings like a couple of extra USB hard drives, USB sticks, etc. Great quality build for the traveler and their Alienware 18" laptop companion.

Sine Mora
Sine Mora
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Google Play version better., January 8, 2014
This review is from: Sine Mora (App)
This version on the Amazon App Store is version 1.24. The Google Play version is version 1.25 which has many new improvements including NVidia Shield support which is what I am looking for. Google Play from now on. Was attracted to the Amazon App Store because the price of this game is much cheaper here and no tax, but what's the point if it is a version behind without the latest updates.

Set of 5 Professional Laptop, LCD, iPad, iPod Spudgers Non-Mar Nylon and Metal Pry Open Repair Tools for Plastic Cell Phone, Tablet and MP3 Cases
Offered by SpudgerToolCom ships FAST from USA
Price: $12.49
2 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product., November 20, 2013
Excellent product just as described. Use these tools all the time for laptop repairs and upgrades. Great quality product which I could not find locally where I live.

Nexus 7 from Google (7-Inch, 32 GB, Black) by ASUS (2013) Tablet
Nexus 7 from Google (7-Inch, 32 GB, Black) by ASUS (2013) Tablet
152 used & new from $135.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Old Nexus 7 owners who game on this tablet be aware., July 29, 2013
I bought my 32GB model early at a local WalMart last Saturday, July 27th to replace my old Nexus 7. Without thinking I started to install all my games from Google Play and I then had a DUH! moment. This is a Snapdragon S4 Pro SOC platform and ALL my THD (Tegra HD) titles from my old Tegra 3 GPU based Nexus 7 will not work on this new Nexus 7. I know I should have realized this, but I had a geriatric moment when I bought the thing. So I am probably still going to sell my old Nexus 7, and eventually get a NVidia Shield or a Tegra 4 equivalent for my THD gaming needs on Android. I just wish Google had stuck with the Tegra 4, but I am guessing price and timing had something to do with it.

With that said. This is a fantastic tablet and is much snappier than the original. Nova 3 was a very demanding FPS that ran terribly on the original Nexus 7 with enormous frame lag. On the new Nexus 7 Nova 3 runs buttery smooth and is now completely playable. Another favorite title of mine is a game called Horn, but unfortunately that title goes to just a black screen on the new Nexus 7. Hopefully the dev will update this title to work. Which brings up another matter. Some titles are not working on the new Nexus 7 due to compatibility issues which probably just needs the dev to update the list of compatible devices such as Asphalt 7: Heat others have problems because of the new 4.3 OS. So the dust needs to settle. 90% of my purchased apps worked on the new Nexus 7 out of the gate, so that is not too bad.

Midnight Moon
Midnight Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars Steve Roach is a soundscape genius., September 24, 2012
This review is from: Midnight Moon (MP3 Music)
Let me just put it bluntly. Steve Roach is the Mozart of ambient. He is the only artist that can fully take me out of reality with his genius soundscapes. The "Midnight Loom" track alone is worth the entire album price. This is one track that puts me completely somewhere else other than where I am. My other favorite on this album is "Hope". I just wish "Hope" was longer like "Midnight Loom". God has blessed this man with an incredible gift. His talent has brought me incredible peace. Thanks Steve!!!

Akai Professional SynthStation 49 49-Note Keyboard Controller with Drum Pads and Doc
Offered by F1RST CLASS DISTRIBUTION
Price: $299.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, poor execution., August 31, 2012
Pros:

1.) Keys are solid and have good action.
2.) Pitch and modulation wheels feel solid.
3.) iPad dock station charges iPad when the controller is plugged into the wall.
4.) Can use the controller with your favorite DAW via USB.
5.) A/C adapter and USB cable included.

Cons:

1.) Transport control buttons flimsy and cheap.
2.) iPad dock flimsy and cheap.
3.) Entire keyboard is lighter and made of cheaper plastic than the solid built MPK61.
4.) Synthstation app, which is a separate Apple App Store purchase, is the only app so far that allows you to use all the controls on the Synthstation 49. Hopefully this improves if more apps start directly supporting this controller.
5.) Drum pads are over sensitive resulting in cut off samples and it is very hard to get expressive with the drum pads since the touch sensitivity is so touchy. Drum pads work well if you mash on them. Really only good for short patterns, but not live or for long expressive drum pattern sessions.

Bottom line: Avoid unless you absolutely have to have the integrated iPad dock. You would be better off buying an AKAI MPK49 and an iPad MIDI adapter than this. Cheaply built compared to AKAI MPK line like the MPK49 or 61. This is hardly a professional grade controller. Very sad considering I have waited so long for this controller. I would have easily paid more money for this if it had a better quality build.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2012 6:58 PM PDT