Profile for austin_Larry > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 539

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

austin_Larry RSS Feed (Austin, TX USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Babyganics Bubble Bath, Chamomile Verbena, 20 oz (Pack of 2), Packaging May Vary
Price: $13.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Check ingredients to see if product works for your family, but it does perform well., August 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
An awful long list of ingredients, I feel I need to be a biochemist still. However compared to standard brands I am sure this is probably better.

In terms of our daughter liking it? She throughly did. Nice bubble action for not much soap. So definitively not a minimalist product. But giving 4 stars because better than most. I was hoping for fewer ingredients but at least the product description gives you them all so you can make your own decision. In terms of performance, it does perform well.

Bowflex 7559BOW Caloric and BMI Scale
Bowflex 7559BOW Caloric and BMI Scale
Price: $39.48
15 used & new from $32.97

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a nice basic scale, August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice basic scale. Very attractive, light weight, easy to use and program. Comparing it to a scale I know is accurate this one is as well.

As for the added features? Easy to program, which is a plus. But not much there. They simply look up a BMI and give calories based on your basal metabolic rate plus activity level. Nice but I don't use it much. As a simple, attractive scale, though, recommended.

Victorinox Swiss Army Santoku Knife Bundle, Includes 7.5-Inch Santoku and Swiss Swivel Peeler
Price: $56.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, useful combo of knives. All work well and cover a lot of common and diverse uses., August 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very useful combination. The Santoku is a nice everyday knife. Good strength and cutting ability, for how light it is. Well balanced. I have cut meat and veggies and I was pleased.

The utility knife I have cut cheese, tomatoes, trimmed meat. A handy, light weight knife, with a lot of control being small.

The peeler is NICE. My wife has a recipe she used to have to blanch tomatoes to get the skin off. Totally unnecessary now. Peeler gets the skin straight off. My wife actually likes this best.

HP 8-1401 8-Inch Tablet 16GB (Silver)
HP 8-1401 8-Inch Tablet 16GB (Silver)
Offered by DataVision Computer Video
Price: $149.00
30 used & new from $140.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall very good performance, particularly with video, but the speakers are not very good., July 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a good value tablet and does most of the most important and enjoyable functions any tablet should, very well. The one major shortcoming being speaker quality. However this may not be an issue if you use headphones or stream from a tablet to speakers/TV.

So far I have been very impressed by the quality of the tablet, especially considering price. I also quite enjoy the 'tweener' size. Big enough to enjoy video, games, and social media, but more portable, easier to take out then a 'full size' tablet.

First and most important to me in any tablet is video quality. Some people use social media most, others games, I use tablets a lot for video. HBO Go, Netflix, and YouTube have all worked extremely well, with no hiccups, or delays. Something more expensive tablets on my same home WiFi do have happen to them. The screen is also very good quality. If it is less than some other tablets, it is hard for me to notice.

Games, browsers have all worked well. To me the clear shortcoming are the speakers. The worse speakers I have ever experienced in a tablet. But as I used headphones or stream a lot, this is a reasonable tradeoff for the price.

So if speakers are not a big deal for you, I highly consider this for an Android tablet.

Hoover Air Cordless Series 3.0 Bagless Upright Vacuum, BH50140
Hoover Air Cordless Series 3.0 Bagless Upright Vacuum, BH50140
Price: $264.30
17 used & new from $224.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Can vacuuming be fun? This is about as close as it gets, July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like this product. This takes a product we have all probably had many iterations of and makes it that much better by combining power with lightweight and making it cordless. Having to keep the batteries charged is a small price to pay for the ease and convenience of being able to take this up stairs down stairs into any room without the annoying cord in the way. I am really enjoying that.

But if it wasn't also a good cleaner, then that would be moot. It is powerful, cleans well, and have all the attachments I could want. This really makes cleaning effortless hence I use it more. Highly recommended.

AmazonBasics Lightning Car Charger for iPhone, iPad and iPod (2.1 Amp Output) - Apple certified
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to charge fast, works well, recommended., July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Seems to charge faster than other car chargers we have used. Which is really the main thing. The only negative is that the whole unit often pops out when trying to disengage the phone. You need to make sure it is secure or brace it a little when removing the phone. But it works very well and recommended.

Sharp FPA40UW Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
Sharp FPA40UW Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
Price: $149.99
13 used & new from $78.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall I am pleased with this unit, July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall I am pleased with this unit, but it does have some design flaws. First it is very lightweight, well constructed, and easy to change the filters. Online it seems replacement filters cost around $80 for the set. This is fairly average I'd say with the rated life of 2 years. I don't know if this is how long I will get though.

It is also Energy Star rated. Do not underestimate how important this is. The watts are 5.3 on low, 12 on medium, and 43 on max. Low and medium are virtually noiseless and high is about the level of high on most air purifiers. Our daughter's bedroom has felt fresher and smelled better since using this.

I like air purifiers with an ion feature. That is a plus. The negatives are no way to turn the lights off. We try and get our rooms to as pitch black as possible. So this is annoying for us if we want to use it overnight in a bedroom...which we do. Also no auto sensor to adjust speeds. That one is not a big deal.

Overall I do recommend this and thing total operating costs are reasonable for an air purifier.

Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine)
Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner (Machine)
Price: $129.94
16 used & new from $116.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to our home, July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great addition to our home. This has been a most welcome addition to our home. We still have carpet on our steps and bedrooms. The steps have never been as clean since trying this out. There were some tough stains that this took right out. Also deep stains in the bedroom.

But it shined on the stairs. We have the full size deep cleaners but sometimes they are too much of a hassle to use and maneuver. Really liked the ease, size, and simplicity of this. And virtually nothing to build. It is virtually good to go right out of the box. Highly recommended.

Thermos NSF/ANSI 53 Certified Tritan Water Filtration Bottle, 22-Ounce, Clear
Thermos NSF/ANSI 53 Certified Tritan Water Filtration Bottle, 22-Ounce, Clear
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I have enjoyed the taste and ease of use of this Thermos ..., July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have enjoyed the taste and ease of use of this Thermos bottle after the initial set-up. There are a few steps for set-up but you can scan a QR code for a short YouTube video and the instructions are helpful. So that part was easy.

I am using it at work and the water does taste noticeably better. People have posted the costs of the filters. Not sure how much shipping is from the Thermos site, but hopefully they will be carried here as well. Compared to other bottles that were a little noisy with sucking sounds this one is completely quiet and I enjoy the taste. Recommended.

Verilux VT10WW1 HappyLight Liberty Natural Spectrum Lamp, 5K Energy
Verilux VT10WW1 HappyLight Liberty Natural Spectrum Lamp, 5K Energy
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I use it at work at about the recommended distance of around 18-24 inches, July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This lamp does take some getting used to. You have to build up to 45 mins or an hour. I use it at work at about the recommended distance of around 18-24 inches. I know the vital importance of vitamin D and that many Americans are deficient. While I am not bouncing around with more energy or sleeping markedly better, it hasn't hurt any.

I can see this being a valuable addition for indoor workers not getting a lot of sunshine and for over the winter. Although I plan on using it all year round. It seems to work well and if you have done the science and the output is what you are looking for, then this would be a recommended product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2014 7:58 AM PDT