Profile for austin_Larry > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 614

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

austin_Larry RSS Feed (Austin, TX USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Sport
Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Sport
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps give a core, upper body, arms, abs workout. Easy to use and take with you., October 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I prefer full body exercises with my body weight, but a few, simple home items can help as well. I would put this as one of them. Lightweight but sturdy, easy to connect or take apart for travel. It gives a good core exercise and I feel it in my arms as well as my abs. I like it because I feel like I am doing a full body, functional exercise with help from a piece of equipment.

This is why I have a kettle bell and a pull up bar. The pull up bar especially helps do a full body functional (many parts working together) exercise. The one major short coming of this, and I almost dropped it two stars, not even one exercise on the insturctions. You need to go online. It would not have hurt to have at least one exercise listed.

Proctor Silex 25501A Egg Cooker
Proctor Silex 25501A Egg Cooker
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggs are wonderful health food and this is a good way to cook any kind of egg including poached., October 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Eggs are well, extraordinary. The yolks are. They have every nutrient to produce a chick from an embryo. Truly nature's multivitamin. We prefer pastured eggs. They taste and look amazing. You've never seen a yolk look like a pastured yolk. Highly recommend them over organic. Both is fine also.

As to this: I prefer my eggs raw, or soft boiled, or poached. I ONLY have raw egg yolks if the eggs are pastured. Never try this with any other egg. I've had other egg cookers but the poaching tray sets this one apart. Also ease of use and virtually any kind of egg perfect every time. Eggs highly recommend, the Silex as well.

Viva Labs Organic Maca Powder: Gelatinized for Enhanced Bioavailability, Non-GMO, 1lb Bag
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $29.79

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't like the taste but I trust Viva for quality products and you get what they say you get., October 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Trust Viva products, taste isn't for me. But if you are looking for Maca powder this is probably one of the best choices. Everyone has their favorite supplements. I am not exception. I try first to eat whole foods, high quality items. Grass fed beef not CAFO beef for instance. But our soil and food quality has gone down so much I do believe that smart supplementation can help.

If you like or want to try Maca powder then I would recommend Viva. It made foods taste off to me. But if you have enough stuff in a smoothie lets say and you can't taste it. Or if you actually like the taste then it might be a 4 or 5 product to you. I am giving it 4 stars because taste is personal and as I said I think Viva is a good company with quality products.

Koss SP540 Full Size Dynamic Headphones, Black with Silver Accents
Koss SP540 Full Size Dynamic Headphones, Black with Silver Accents
Price: $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars At first I thought Koss had a bunt single at best with the SP540, but they ended up hitting a home run, October 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Koss Portapro is my favorite sub $100 headphones ever. A true classic that is hard to be even after decades. Koss just got it right. At first I wasn't so sure they had anything right about the SP540. It was an on-ear headphone which I prefer but it felt odd, too light, too loose, too dis-connected to my head. It also did not sound particularly good at first. Worse than my Portapros.

So why five stars? Things changed. And after a short time I started to thoroughly enjoy almost everything about the SP540. Most important the sound. I don't think break in periods last as long as some folks do, But these definitely needed some break in. They were flat, and dull and muted at first. But then after a couple of hours they started to sound, good, full, balanced, rich. They are very well balanced to me: mids, lows, highs, voice, just very pleasing.

Then I noticed that I started to really like them on the ear. The lightness and looseness makes for an enjoyable extended listening period. They also have a good balance of decent passive noise cancellation but you can also hear just a bit. Good for a work environment. Also very little sound leakage.

The cord is not very long but this makes for good sport and commute use. It is detachable so if you needed a longer cord at work you could use one. All in all one of the better if not best sub $200 headphones I have used lately. Definitely recommended. Don't get discouraged if you need a break in period though to get them to shine.

Paderno World Cuisine Mandolin Vegetable Slicer
Paderno World Cuisine Mandolin Vegetable Slicer
Price: $39.95

4.0 out of 5 stars A great time saver, nice addition to any home of regular vegetable users, October 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Use the cap and you should be alright. Most mandolin slicers are very sharp. And this is a good thing. As long as you are careful. Definitely use the supplied spiked holder when using this slicer. Nice touches like a box to hold the removable blades. Easy to use almost right out of the box and this can be a huge time saver.

We basically eat meat and veggies now. I cut a lot of veggies for salads, stews, crock pot, etc. This is a big time save and worth the cost it sells for our household easily.

McAfee Total Protection  2015 3 PCs
McAfee Total Protection 2015 3 PCs
Price: $38.23
11 used & new from $27.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Best McAfee to date, October 20, 2014
This review is from: McAfee Total Protection 2015 3 PCs
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Best McAfee to date. I like Norton, a lot. I have the 2014 Norton and it was better than any previous McAfee. The interface was better for me, more intuitive, more features that I liked and it seemed to not slow the computer down as much.

While I still like the Norton interface better, this McAfee has the best interface and best for me seems to slow the system down less than previous versions. I tend to stick with one or the other because trusted and tested virus protection is even better. If you haven't given McAfee a try lately, it seems like they are upping their game. Recommended.

Bell Automotive 22-1-39000-8 Pistol Grip Tire Inflator
Bell Automotive 22-1-39000-8 Pistol Grip Tire Inflator
Offered by BLINQ
Price: $13.99
2 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does work, perfect for our car with a connection in trunk. Useful light and for general inflating, October 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Works for tires (toping off, which is most common occurrence, large inflating would be time consuming), general product inflating, and a light. Handy to have. This is nice for the occasional tire inflating but it has many more uses. Nice to have when camping if the battery inflater goes out, and a nice light. Also nice touch to have attachments in base.

Case Logic Griffith Park Plus Backpack (BOGP-115)
Case Logic Griffith Park Plus Backpack (BOGP-115)
Price: $69.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, lots of organizing, not great extra room if laptop put in., October 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very comfortable backpack, with secure spaces for tablets and small laptop. There are also numerous side pockets and organizing pouches spread throughout. The shoulder pads are very comfortable and there is a chest strap to distribute loading.

Really my only complaint is not a lot of room if laptop is kept. But with just a tablet it made a wonderful carry on, vacation backpack. Recommended.

The Make Ahead Cook
The Make Ahead Cook
by Editors at America's Test Kitchen
Price: $17.97
47 used & new from $13.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of variety, very useful and creative. Tips only ATK provides., September 20, 2014
This review is from: The Make Ahead Cook (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very useful, creative, well-researched book. America's Test Kitchen makes some of my most helpful and used books. Why? They test. This book is one of the most useful because we want home cooked meals and with little ones and two jobs we need to plan ahead.

The book starts going over storage containers, wraps, kitchen discoveries, prep time savers, storage 101. This is clear, concise, good pictures.

Then on to the recipes. Something for everyone. We are grain free, low sugar. But still many roasts, stews, vegetarian items, and sauces. I particularly liked the sauces as they do freeze well. Onion braised beef brisket, with a four substitution was great. Lots of different chilis. This book will be useful for years. We won't dent the recipes in one year. Highly recommended.

DermaQOL - Shampoo
DermaQOL - Shampoo
Offered by Preferred Supplements
Price: $13.80
7 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, improves hair quality, much better for your hair than the average shampoo, September 17, 2014
My favorite shampoo I've ever used. I bought this to get away from harmful, chemical filled shampoos. This has a good ingredient list and you don't need that much. It lathers up very well. I think it has helped my hair. Pleased and recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20