Profile for Tamara Dwyer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tamara Dwyer "TK Dwyer" RSS Feed (Austin TX)

Page: 1 | 2
The Cautious Canine-How to Help Dogs Conquer Their Fears
The Cautious Canine-How to Help Dogs Conquer Their Fears
by Patricia B. McConnell
Price: $6.95
99 used & new from $2.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't meet expectations, but maybe I expected too much, February 7, 2015
Almost a pamphlet. No super cool information that one couldn't intuit fairly quickly, no groundbreaking real help with my rescue who won't come out from under the coffee table. Comfort the dog and give her treats when she comes out and faces her fears. Great. I was already doing that. (By contrast, I read the same author's booklet on separation anxiety, and learned a lot for my first pup.)

Women's Amethyst Allure Black And Purple Paisley Print Tunic Top - Medium
Women's Amethyst Allure Black And Purple Paisley Print Tunic Top - Medium
Offered by Universal Direct Brands
Price: $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun colorful boho tunic with slimming lines, February 7, 2015
Boyfriend said "WOW, nice." right off when I tried it on. The long lines are slimming. The colors and fabric are great. Soft and well-constructed. Fits well in the shoulders, flares to lots of swing around the hips. Arms are a 3/4 length which I prefer, the sleeves won't be dragging. I'm 5'4", and it is good and long, almost a mini-dress length and short enough to wear with tights.

DJT Lady Scoop Neck Long Sleeve Stretchy Irregular Hem Casual Top Blouse Green
DJT Lady Scoop Neck Long Sleeve Stretchy Irregular Hem Casual Top Blouse Green
Offered by DJ Trading
Price: $22.99
2 used & new from $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun and comfy, good cut, but mediocre quality overall, February 5, 2015
The sweatshirt fabric is soft and comfortable. Great with leggings. The cut of the hemline is slimming at the upper thighs, the shoulders fit well and lots of swing aroung the hips, and the length is good on my 5"4" height. Downsides: The design is not printed on the back. Glued on rhinestones are falling off after one wash. Mine had poorly finished arm hems, fixable but a lack of finish detail I asociate with buying seconds at Ross or Marshalls.

Hue Women's Curvy Fit Jeans Leggings, Black, Medium
Hue Women's Curvy Fit Jeans Leggings, Black, Medium
Price: $44.00
2 used & new from $44.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, thick fabric, hard to slip on and off, February 5, 2015
I ordered a medium based on measurements and the medium fits. True to size, only after I get them on. I reported them as somewhat small for lack of waistband stretch. Getting the waistband up over my hips and thighs is a huge challenge. Once on, they look like form fitting skin tight jeans. Look great. Comfort? Meh. After 12 hours I feel like I am wearing an ankle-length girdle. These leggings don't have the stretch and comfort I associate with cotton tights or leggings. Come summer, in 100+ degree heat, they will be unbearably hot. On the plus side, they are wonderfully designed. Ever have tights which are sky high in front and dip low in the back? (I'm looking at you, American Apparel.) On these, the waist to crotch measurement in the back is very accomodating of a curvy figure.

Lee Women's Relaxed Fit Plain Front Pant, Black Grace Herringbone, 8 Medium
Lee Women's Relaxed Fit Plain Front Pant, Black Grace Herringbone, 8 Medium
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Fit perfect out of the package - stretched to a saggy mes, October 7, 2014
When the package arrived and I tried them on, I celebrated. Wow! Lightweight, bit of stretch, hug my curves, not too big at my lower back, wow. I thought I had scored big.

Then I wore them. By the end of the day, saggy butt and knees, like bad yoga pants. Washing in cold water and hang to dry did not return them to a shape. Too bad, I liked them a lot for five hours.

Orphan Black, Season 2 [HD]
Orphan Black, Season 2 [HD]
DVD
Price: $25.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as perfectly plotted as Season One - spoiler free, June 1, 2014
You did see Season One, right? Every twist and turn was a surprise, a roller coaster reveal. But it made sense, there was internal logic to why characters took actions at key points.

It is meandering now. Every week I'm saying "now why would he (or she) make that choice?" "Oh, to further the plot and set up the next scene." Writers get time pressure, and I get disappointed. Still watching, still amazed at Tatiana Maslany's multiple characters and her subtle mastery of blinks and motions, the little things that make individuals different.

"When will they reach the end? Hope this doesn't drag out to nonsense like Lost" my wise and impatient partner says. The story is suitable for a miniseries, not an endless ten season NCIS-type run.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2014 6:04 AM PDT

Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek
Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible story of real life eighth grader with guts and charm, May 30, 2014
Maya reads and follows advice from a 1950s teenage popularity guide, working on a topic a month while attending 8th grade in Brownsville. I enjoyed the hell out of the story of her year, just the right mix of goofiness, sadness, and triumph.

Panache Women's Underwired Sports Bra, Black, 32FF
Panache Women's Underwired Sports Bra, Black, 32FF
Price: $68.00
7 used & new from $68.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Quickly becoming the only bra I'll wear - a true 18-hour bra, February 6, 2014
I have other Panache bras. I have other sports bras. This bra is my the one I want to wear all the time. Bought one, bought another a week later. Provides good shaping, modesty, coverage, and smooth cups. No Bounce, which is just as important walking up stairs at the office as on the treadmill. T-shirts drape nicely over the bra, the padded straps, silicone-encased underwire and secure sides keep me comfortable all day no matter what I do or how I move.

Alba BotanicaTM Even Advanced Natural Moisturizer Sea Moss SPF 15 -- 2 fl oz
Alba BotanicaTM Even Advanced Natural Moisturizer Sea Moss SPF 15 -- 2 fl oz
Offered by Health and Beauty Supplies
Price: $11.46
54 used & new from $6.45

1.0 out of 5 stars Burns my eyes, June 3, 2013
Use on my chin and tip of my nose only. Hours after I apply this sunscreen if I rub my face or it gets near my eyes, it burns horribly.

Shock Absorber Women's Ultimate-Run Sports Bra #5044
Shock Absorber Women's Ultimate-Run Sports Bra #5044
Price: $49.48 - $79.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Size 30 is six inches too small per my tape measure, October 18, 2012
I have a 29 inch band. I wear a 30 inch bra. The band on this size 30 bra is slightly less than 18 inches out-of-the-box and stretches to 24 inches. I did manage to fasten it once, out of curiosity mixed with determination, but the band was pulled so tight that it couldn't be considered a fit. Returned.

Page: 1 | 2