Profile for Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 523

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews "Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews" RSS Feed (Texas)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Throttled (Men of Inked Book 3)
Throttled (Men of Inked Book 3)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This series just keeps getting better. I love the Gallos!, July 28, 2014
4.5 Stars

Throttled is the novella about Suzy and City’s wedding. I loved how it was just as sexy as Throttle Me and that we got to see Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas with the Gallo’s as well as the build up to the big event. I loved the interactions with City and his family. I loved how momma Gallo could get all of those alpha sons of hers in line, I need to take notes from her. Izzy cracked me the hell up as well.

I must admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong about my previous opinion of Suzy. If you read my review of Throttle Me I did not have a lot of love for Suzy. In Throttled, she won me over and I loved how she was no longer the judgmental person she had been when we first were introduced to her. And City, holy hell that man for a second there I was worried that he may have lost my love but he quickly redeemed himself. I must say I love a man that isn’t afraid to grovel when he knows he is in trouble big time.

I wish that this would have been a full length novel, because I devoured it quickly and was left wanting more. With each book of this series, I fall more and more in love with it. Lately I have become harder and harder to please when reading. Books that I normally would love I haven’t, but Ms. Bliss has made me crave more and more of the Gallo family. I can’t wait to see what is in store for the rest of the Gallo family and the Men of Inked series.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

For Her Protection: 1 (Personal Protection)
For Her Protection: 1 (Personal Protection)
Price: $5.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Sexy and interesting, July 25, 2014
3.5 Stars

I could have really liked this book, rather than merely enjoyed it. With a handsome owner of a security firm, Connor is the kind of hero that I love. Protective, dominant, but secure enough to not smother the woman he loves. Hot, take your breath away foreplay, enough steam and angry sex to fog up the gym mirrors, and a story about murder and corporate intrigue should make for a hard to put down book. My only problem was it needed a different heroine!

At 24, Charlize has just been named the CEO of her father’s company. Because everyone knows how to run a company at 24. She is trying to be authoritative and commanding respect, but in actuality, I found her to have a chip on her shoulder that no one was following her orders, rather than being thankful she was simply handed a position people work their entire life to earn. She comes into the company, demanding things ,throwing tantrums, and acting like no one I have seen in an actual business setting, and I couldn’t have found her less likeable if I tried.

As a couple, I could not understand the attraction Connor felt. Charlize changed her mood regarding their relationship at will, kept slapping his face as her way of trying to maintain the upper hand, which I found highly annoying, and was basically a shrew to this man that wanted nothing more than to protect her. I understand that the author was trying to show how Charlize was a woman that could take care of herself, but it really went overboard into bitch-territory.

Heroine aside, I did enjoy the story, and by the end I did have a better understanding of Charlize and her need to feel as if she could stand on her own two feet, but by then I was so firmly on Team Connor that it didn’t change my view of the book as a whole. I would certainly give Ms. Bardan’s future books another try as she can write a sexy hero and interesting tale. I just need there to be a woman that I don’t want to throttle or root for the hero to dump.

Last of the Red-Hot Cowboys: Hell's Outlaws
Last of the Red-Hot Cowboys: Hell's Outlaws
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, July 25, 2014
This cowboy story is set in Hell, Texas and centers around a headstrong mayor, Judy, trying to change her town’s gender ratio, wanting to make it more of a family town. Now, with the ratio of 5 males to 1 female, she knows bringing sexy, attractive women to her town’s men will be the only way to achieve this goal. By bringing in this trio of ladies, her “Hell’s Belles” – (Ava, Cameron, and Harper) to be trained by the Outlaws – a group of retired military friends from the same platoon that vowed to return to the “normalcy” of Hell while in combat – will be the only way to achieve this. These women know their way around horses, and poor Trace, Saint and Declan know it and have no hope against her plans.

The constant pull and tug between Ava and Trace, for who will be dominant in every situation between them, keeps the readers constantly on their toes. **Possible Spoiler** The steam when these two get together is oh so undeniable, and the times when they don’t fight the attraction drawing them to each other is oh so steamy!! With lots of action constantly going on in Hell, the book keeps the readers wanting to turn the page. This book shows it is definitely hot in Hell and will keep the reader wanting more!

Review copy provided for a honest review.

Worth the Trade (More Than A Game)
Worth the Trade (More Than A Game)
Price: $3.82

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining characters and lots of smexy fun so it wasn’t a total loss, July 24, 2014
2.5 Stars

Worth the Trade is the second book in Kristina Matthews More Than A Game series and while there were quite a few moments in this book that I really loved, but there were more moments that just fell flat. Thankfully, it contained entertaining characters and lots of smexy fun so it wasn’t a total loss.

Hunter Collins has taken over as managing partner of the San Francisco Goliaths’ baseball team following her father’s death. She’s still coming to terms with him being gone and working to bring a World Series win home for her team. She’s smart, savvy, sassy, and she’s been running the team a lot longer than most people realize. When she picks up the latest acquisition for her team, Marco Santiago at the airport she doesn’t expect to be treated like a piece of meat nor does she expect the instant sign of attraction between them. Honestly, their chemistry and their sexual banter is what saved this book, but just like sex isn’t enough to sustain a relationship that wasn’t enough to save this book.

I love the game of baseball and I have the upmost respect for baseball players who go out and play day in and day out for 162 regular games a year in all kinds of weather conditions. They have to be in top mental and physical shape to make it through a season so I kind of resented that Marco couldn’t hit a baseball because he was distracted by Harper. I’m sorry but I just think this does a disservice to the professional players out there. For the most part I didn’t feel the excitement as this club raced towards the pennant. Overall, I was kind of disappointed in the baseball parts of this book.

While Harper and Marco had no problems expressing themselves physically with each other, they spent very little time actually talking about where they were headed even though they both had feelings for one another. The made assumptions and never shared what they were thinking which given that Marco basically worked for Harper didn’t make sense.

While overall I was disappointed in this story, I really loved these characters and had they been more fully developed and the proper respect paid to the game of baseball Worth The Trade could have been a great story.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack Series)
Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack Series)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I can’t get enough of this series, July 24, 2014
4.5 Stars

Jamie had a crush on Dante since she was a child. Dante is aware of Jamie’s attraction but doesn’t feel the same way about her. Jamie wasn’t going to pant after Dante forever, when she hears something that hurt her, she didn’t let it bring her down. Nope she decided he could kiss her wolf ass and she would find someone new. She was sassy, hilarious and when needed, a bitch. Jamie was also caring, sweet and more understanding of abused animals than anyone could know.

Dante, man he was a workaholic. Being Beta wolf means a lot of responsibility but good lord this man took it to the extreme. Then when Jamie stopped flirting with him and wanting him, he couldn’t stand it. He didn’t like she he was no longer the center of her world, typical male behavior. Pouting, snarly, must make her want me again even if I don’t have time for a relationship right now male actions began. I kind of felt bad for Dante just a tiny bit, but in the end he proves to understand Jamie. When his eyes are opened he is the perfect protector and mate for her.

The rest of the pack is still as funny as ever, especially Taryn and Trey. At one point I thought that Taryn would neuter Trey and it was hilarious. Don’t even get me started on the interactions with the old woman, I was in tears at the come backs that would be said when the old woman started her mess.

I can’t get enough of this series. I love that the females are sassy and don’t take anything from anyone, especially the males. This is only the second book in this series and I am hooked. If you are looking for a hilarious paranormal series then make sure to check out The Phoenix Pack series, you won’t be disappointed.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Live For Me (The Everetts of Tyler Book 3)
Live For Me (The Everetts of Tyler Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, July 24, 2014
I have to admit I’ve been a little bit enamored with this author and The Everetts of Tyler since the first book in this series and after reading Live For Me my feelings haven’t changed in the least. This book contains a lot of suspense, some really bad people, a single mother heroine determined to take care of herself and her child, a doctor whose influential family has been in the headlines a lot recently, a slew of secondary characters that add so much to the story but most of all it contains a sweet love story about a man willing to do whatever it takes to make a woman and her child know they are loved and safe. Be still my heart because as much as I loved the heroes in the first two books in this series, Caleb Everett has pushed them off the top of the heap and he’s standing up there all alone.

Caleb was one of those heroes that everyone loves; he’s protective without being overbearing, he’s patient, he’s kind, and when he decides he wants someone he doesn’t play games. He had his work cut out for him with Haleigh Carlisle and as the story progresses we begin to understand there’s way more to Haleigh than meets the eye. While I admire Haleigh for everything she’s dealt with in her life and for the path she’s chosen, at times I felt like she was her own worst enemy. The thing is, I think she even realized that at one point when she admitted she needed therapy, a lot of therapy. So while she did drive me a wee bit crazy, I was glad to see that growth in her character.

While there is no denying their chemistry but because Haleigh is a single mom and because of some things from her past, this book is more on the sweet side of romance. This couple takes their time getting to know one another, Caleb knows Haleigh has to feel comfortable and needs to trust him and he’s perfectly good with that. So when they do finally get around to the big show, it’s pretty damn spectacular.

The suspense part of this book was in the forefront which also brought back in the police departments of Tyler and Aylesford and Dylan and his crew from the previous books which of course just upped the hotness factor. While the events of those books are mentioned throughout I do want to point out you can read this one without reading the other two books but I think you’ll enjoy it more if you have all of that background information.

While I felt that the romance between Caleb and Haleigh progressed rather rapidly because of the tense situations they were dealing with and the stress it really wasn’t all that surprising. I really appreciated the way both the hero and heroine loved one another despite her past, who is family is, and all the other obstacles that seemed to get in their way. Also, I have to say that the way Caleb accepted and fell in love with Heleigh’s daughter, Georgie, was truly a thing of beauty. You just can’t beat a man who is more than willing to take on the responsibility of raising another man’s child.

Live For Me was entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable; author Hayden Braeburn has me hooked once again and I’m already looking forward to the next book at the last of the Everett’s falls despite the fact she thinks she never will!

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Stranded with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club Novel Book 1)
Stranded with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club Novel Book 1)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A lighthearted read, perfect for a weekend afternoon, July 24, 2014

3.5 Stars

Billionaire Logan Hawkings is cold, cynical businessman who is a part of a secret brotherhood of billionaires. The story starts out with him attending one of their meetings. It is during this meeting that one of his “brothers” tells him about a resort up for sale on a private island in the Bahamas.
Bronte Dawson is vacationing at this resort with her coworker who tagged along. Bronte won this vacation from her local radio station. The resort turns out to be less than luxurious but Bronte is determined to make the most of her good fortune and enjoy her weeklong vacation.

Bronte meets Logan during the evacuation of the island as a hurricane bears down on the island. They’re stranded together in an elevator and are left behind to fend for themselves. Logan starts out rather cold with Bronte but ends up working with her to get out of the elevator. Over the next few days, their relationship blossoms and Logan finds himself enjoying Bronte; her laughter, her outlook on life and her philosophical quotes for any situation and he is smitten. Best of all, she has no idea who he is so he plays along with her assumption that he is one of the managers of the resort.

I enjoyed the story. I found it to be a lighthearted read, perfect for a weekend afternoon. I liked the banter between Logan and Bronte and his fixation on Plato. I also found the little things she did for him extremely sweet and cute. I found it a little hard to believe, some of the things he did just to talk to her and I didn’t like it that she had no idea what to do with herself. She only knew to be a waitress. But fortunately someone sets her straight the story unfolds well. Overall this is an entertaining read and I would love to read about the other “brothers” in the rest of this series. I hope the author mentions Logan and Bronte too so we can see how they settle down together.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Fighting to Forgive (Fighting Series Book 2)
Fighting to Forgive (Fighting Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to future Fighting novels., July 24, 2014
I had a hard time putting this book down once I started reading it. . The JB Salsbury does a great job drawing the reader into the book, the characters and their lifestyle. Some plot lines in this book, like in the last one, are tough to read. That being said, the author does a great tackling such emotional issues.

Blake Daniels is a MMA fighter training for the fight of his career when he stumbles into Layla. Their first meeting does nothing to dissuade her first impressions of the fighter that he’s a player. He continually shows this side to her in the beginning but he also starts to put some of the playboy ways behind him. I loved watching him grow into a better man.

While their verbal sparring sessions weren’t an ideal way to start a relationship but it worked. I loved the banter between the two.
I also liked the secondary characters in the book. They enhanced the main characters without overwhelming the reader. I loved catching up with Jonah and Raven too.

Looking forward to future Fighting novels.

Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever Afters Collection: (Eight Fun, Romantic Novels by Eight Bestselling Authors)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value!, July 23, 2014
4.5 Stars overall

Wow, these authors really hit it out of the park with this boxed set Love, Laughter, & Happily Ever Afters! Reviewed by Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews Kitty Angel, Paige Turner, and Slick Reads there’s not a book in this set less than 4 stars and our reviews are more than happy to recommend this set priced for a limited time at 99 cents. So check out the reviews and then grab up your own set and sit down and enjoy some great contemporary romances perfect for long, summer day of reading!

On Any Give Sundae by Marilyn Brant (reviewed by Kitty Angel) 5 stars (True Gem)

What a good time I had reading “On Any Given Sundae”. Marilyn Brant took two totally opposite people and turned their worlds upside down. Frizzy Lizzy and Roberto have no idea what’s in store for them as they venture into territories unknown, pushed by people that they totally trust, into a relationship that will leave both of them breathless and scared.

Elizabeth loved Roberto Gabinarri for as long as she could remember. It’s been 10 long years since they graduated and he RAN from Wilmington Bay, WI. Small town life was not for him. Give him the big city –fast-paced, fun loving, no attachments – Chicago. But, small town life is the only thing that Lizzy ever knew and she has no desire to leave. All her memories are here, her friends are here and the only family she has left is here. She’s not going anywhere.

Roberto “Rob” Gabinarri has always respected and envied Elizabeth Daniels. She was smart, never treated him differently because of his superstar status as the star quarterback, shy, stutters and so adorable. Coerced into going back to Wilmington Bay, Rob has to make the best of things. But, how does he deal with his mother throwing every available girl his way in hopes that he falls in love, marries and settles down?

Lizzy is also surrounded by a bunch of friends that are so eclectic …Jacques (the French Chef), Gretchen (the German truffle maker) and Nick (our resident homosexual Greek). Uncle Pauly Carrera and Uncle Siegfried Finklehooper just blow this book away with their antics. Rob’s family is just as comical … absolutely LOVED his Italian Mother (hmmm, reminds me of someone I may know) and Miguel, well I don’t know if there are words for Miguel – maybe flamboyant, may be comical, maybe just Miguel.
Well, I think you get the drift of the story. But what you don’t get, if you don’t read “On Any Given Sundae” is the fun of watching them play with the Sundae’s, tease each other, give into their passion and Rob and Lizzy fall in love. You’ll miss the jugglers, the tasting contest, the strawberry Marguerita’s and Rob and Lizzy falling in love. You’ll miss the éclairs, the truffles, the cherry cheesecake and Rob and Lizzy falling in love. And, what a SWEET love that it was.

Finding The Right Girl by Violet Duke (review by Slick Reads (previously published) 4.5 stars (True Gem)
This is one of those reviews that is so hard to write because I absolutely loved Finding The Right Girl but there is only so much I can say so I don’t ruin this story for anyone who hasn’t read it. After reading the emotional trilogy Nice Girl to Love, I expected another journey of sorts in this book but I never expected one that would tear me up yet fill me with such joy and hope. I love this author’s voice, I love the way she weaves real life into her fictional characters, and I applaud her for tackling issues most authors wouldn’t think of using in a romance book.

From the first set of books, I was in love with Brian Sullivan. The man had been through so much and yet still remained optimistic and hopeful. So when he finds himself attracted to a woman who makes him feel alive despite the fact that same woman drives him crazy and offers his daughter advice he’s not sure he wants her to hear, he faces a dilemma of epic proportions.

Tessa Daniels knows she shouldn’t want this man that pushes all of her buttons but she just can’t help it. The more she’s around him and his family, the more she wants that type of life for herself. She’s never had anyone to rely on and letting him in is one of the hardest things she’s ever had to do and considering the life she’s led that’s saying a whole lot.

I really loved watching these two get under each other’s skin and work their way through the land mines that filled their relationship. Finding The Right Girl was an emotional roller coaster and I’ll admit I was a little bit shocked by the revelations made in it, but I wouldn’t have changed a moment of it.

Sweet To You by Jessie Evans (review by Slick Reads) 4.5 stars (True Gem)
One great thing about a boxed set is finding a new to you author who delights you right off the bat and for me that is Jessie Evans. While this is the third book in her Fire and Icing series, it was easy to read as a stand-alone story. This is a sexy yet fun friends to lovers story that captured my attention and my heart right from the start.

Friends since childhood Jamison and Maddie connect on a single’s camping weekend and begin a secret affair. Secret only because Jamison’s brother is marrying Maddie’s sister in a few weeks and they don’t want to take the spotlight off them by announcing their relationship especially since Maddie is a little gun-shy following a somewhat messy divorce and Jamison’s last relationship didn’t end well at all.

It was so easy to like both of these characters; Maddie is witty, kind, a great friend, and uninhibited when she’s had whiskey and Jamison is loyal, persistent, charming, and sexy as all get out especially with Maddie. The great thing was because they had this long history and know each other so well, they are comfortable with each other from the start and while they have moments of doubt with help from their friends they manage to realize what a good thing they have.

Don’t let the title fool you, Sweet to You is a sweet romance but it’s also incredibly sexy and without a doubt Jessie Evans is an author I’ll soon be scooping up and reading her entire backlist!

Unafraid by Melody Grace (review by Paige Turner) 4 stars
I love a good coming of age novel and this book drew me in immediately. A good boy who has his future planned out falls for the town bad girl.

Brittany was born and raised trying to avoid her family’s stereotype. My heart broke for her over and over again. She was really a sweet girl. The family and friends she had definitely had her back. They were there to support her and help her succeed.
At first glance, you may think Hunter is your typical society snob coming from money and power. His family history fits the type but he’s different. He breaks free from his family’s hold and starts to life his life the way he wants.

I thought the author did a great job with both characters. They had chemistry and a connection that kept them fighting for each other. The story was great without a lot of overblown or made up drama. I also liked the secondary characters. They didn’t over shadow the main players. I’m looking forward to read the past and the present books in this series.

Love, Love by Beth Michele (review by Kitty Angel) 4 stars
Well, “Love Love” started off a little slow for me. I was a bit confused as to how the story was going to progress and what the Prologue was alluding to. But, once I got into the story, I realized that it really did set the tone and the pace for the book.
Especially as we are dealing with Gabby’s emotions and her inability to trust or love anyone.

As the story goes forward and we watch Gabby jump into bed with the hottest piece that she’s ever seen, we realize that she is running away from her past and just looking to scratch the itch. Dane is hot, sexy and just what she needs at this point. But, then there is Brad –quirky, fun, superhero Brad. After being stood-up by Dane, Brad comes to her rescue and she has a hell of a good time and doesn’t miss Dane at all. Makes her stop and think about what she’s doing. Then, all the memories start coming back … a name here, a look there, a scent … she can’t stop loving Clarke. It’s up to Brad to get her to see him for what he could mean to her, to get her to let go of her past and move to the future, to assure her that he’s not going anywhere. And, it’s up to Clarke to set her free.

I enjoyed “Love Love” … to a point. There was a side story having to do with her best friend that had me a little baffled as to why. There was lots and lots of angst and tears throughout the book. If it wasn’t Gabby crying, it was Fran. I felt like they consoled each other throughout most of the book which did distract me a little bit. I guess I enjoy seeing strong woman taking charge of their life and moving forward. Two weak women kind of threw me off. The only thing that came to mind is that this side-story is possibly setting up the next book in the series since we were introduced to Brad’s brother towards the end.

But, all in all, the HEA, the way Brad proposed, how Gabby finally came to her senses and admitted her love for Brad, was beautifully written by Ms. Michelle. She painted a beautiful picture of a man willing to go above and beyond and fight the ghost that is haunting the woman he loves to get her to see him for what he is … a romantic, fun, loving man that made this whole story worthwhile.

Tempting Love by Melanie Shawn (review by Paige Turner) 4.5 star
The beginning of the book was a bit cliche for me. The main character Haley was secretly in love with her neighbor, and childhood crush, Eddie. She would watch his daughter so he could date. A term I use loosely. Just when I was about to give up on the book, it took a turn for the better. After years of wanting Eddie, Haley decided to throw caution to the wind. Nothing was going to stop her from her main desire. I loved her take charge attitude in her personal life. She was also a strong and goal orientated woman. Haley shows you can be both a caretaker and have a career. Eddie was a single parent trying to do right by his daughter Emily. Since she was his main concern, he decided he had to put relationships on hold. Unfortunately, Haley kept getting in his way. His revolve could only last so long. Every where he turned she was there.

I thought the author did a great job connecting the reader to Haley and Eddie. Their lust and wanting was palpable. It was a faced paced read without unnecessary drama. The book and relationships in it were realistic. The secondary characters didn’t over take the book, they enhanced it. I know that it’s part of a series but you don’t have to read the others to enjoy the read.

Not Over You by Marquita Valentine (review by Kitty Angel) 4 stars
This story in the Love, Laughter and Happily Ever Afters left me a little bit at a loss. I am sure, if you’ve read the first four books in the series, you would absolutely enjoy this book. Unfortunately, I’m reading it as a stand-alone and feel at a total loss thrown into the middle of a story. But, that said, “Not Over You” had a unique and promising storyline. Makes me wish that I had read the other books to see all that led up to this unusual story.

Summer honestly got on my nerves. I had to keep trying to put myself in her place. How would I feel if everyone I grew up with thought that I was the town whore? How would I react when everyone compares me to my mother who jumped from man to man? How would I live my life after giving up my child for adoption because I didn’t feel that I could raise her and love her the way she should be? Would I live up to the rumors and give the attitude that I really didn’t give a damn or would I pick myself up by the boot-straps, prove everyone wrong and live my live proudly and with the man that I have always loved? Well, throughout this book, Summer chose option number one ….woe-is-me throughout the story. She always counted on Gabriel and, now that she wants to get her daughter back from her sister, she turns to him again – marry me so that I could get my daughter, then divorce me so that you could get on with my life. Selfless or Selfish?

Gabriel is a saint … literally. Summer calls him Angel. He’s a preacher’s son and lives by the good book. In fact, he’s a virgin –determined to not have sex until he is married. Okay, I’ll admit it, this is the first book that I have ever read where the man is a virgin, never having had sex but knows exactly what to do when the time comes? Okay then! He is a wonderful, patient, loving man who has always been there for Summer. But, he has to stop being her knight in shining armor. She’s used and abused him too much in the past and he needs to try to make a life with Elise, the town librarian. That is, until Summer challenges him again and offers him something that he has always wanted with her – marriage.

So, the Saint and the Sinner coming together. As I said, I was a little confused since I really don’t know the history leading up to them finally being together. Gabriel was doing everything in his power to try to get Summer to be less self-depreciating throughout the book. Summer just kept pushing him away and ignoring her feelings. The back and forth between them was a little bit grating. The story, I think, also alluded to some kind of magic being in their past which confused me more. I think reading the series up to this point would have greatly helped me in understanding all that went on between them.

But, this much I have to say … Marquita Valentine did make the story flow. Her writing was spot on and I could picture everything as she described it. She was articulate in describing Summer’s self-hatred and Gabriel’s need to help her. She helped me understand why they were the people they were.

Getting Out of Hand (Sapphire Falls Book 1) by Erin Nicholas (review by Slick Reads) 4.5 stars (True Gem)
I’m a sucker for small town romances, I can’t help it. Honestly I think it comes from my love of watching the Andy Griffith show back when I was a little kid. While I know small town life can be hard with everyone knowing your business, to me there’s just something soothing about it and I am more than ready to head to Sapphire Hills and get to know the town and it’s crazy, intrusive residents. Mason Riley however isn’t so sure he wants to return to the town where he felt like an outsider. Despite his success and notoriety, he has memories of being the geeky kid that didn’t fit in but the chance to turn down the cheerleader turned mayor who wants a huge financial commitment from him not to mention the land he owns, has him returning to the one place he thought he never return. So how come the minute he sees Adrianne Scott it feels like he’s come home? Getting Out of hand has it all; sizzling chemistry, an entertaining cast of characters, and a fun yet full plot making it a spectacular start to a new series by author Erin Nicholas.

Mason, Mason, Mason oh how I love a geeky, yet sexy hero especially one who really has no clue how special he is and that describes Mason perfectly. Sure he knows he’s a genius but he doesn’t realize how sweet and sexy he comes off especially to someone who appreciates his mind as much as his body. It was so fun to watch him waltz back into town all successful but what I loved most was while he still found Hailey just as attractive as back in high school he couldn’t take his eyes off her assistant Adrianne. I truly believe Adrianne was already a little bit in love with Mason before she met him, having done the research on him for their business proposal she admired his work and everything he had accomplished. So when she meets him she knows she’s in trouble because he arouses something in her she hasn’t felt in a long time and he’s business for her, but she is so drawn to him that she can’t stay away.

These two throw sparks off each other from the time they meet and they have several “almost moments” getting interrupted by various town members so when they finally do get together, it’s amazingly explosive and yet, you just know there’s more to them than sex. That’s not to say their relationship was a bed of roses because they had some serious obstacles to overcome but it’s amazing what someone will do for love.

A well rounded story that will have you laughing out loud, feeling a little pent up, and crying both out of frustration and joy don’t miss Getting Out of Hand because I’m sure you’ll fall in love with the town of Sapphire Falls and all of its residents.

Review copy provided for a honest review.

One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons Book 2)
One Sexy Ride (Thompson & Sons Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, July 23, 2014
The latest release in Vivian Arend’s Thompson & Sons series, One Sexy Ride, takes on a more serious feel than its predecessor but it was still a very good story. Len Thompson, middle son and the quiet one has always managed to keep a low profile even around his little sister’s best friend and the woman he’s wanted forever, Janey Watson, until one night changes everything for him. This book packs a punch with some pretty big revelations, a hero who takes his time, a heroine who drives him crazy, and a love that spans way longer than either of them wants to admit; it is sensual and sweet yet hot and sexy.

It was easy to fall for Len because he’s one of those guys that exhibit a quiet strength. He observes, he listens, and he protects. So when he sees Janey in a situation that doesn’t seem safe and acting out of character, he intervenes not knowing how that one night will change his life forever.

Once Len made up his mind that he could be with Janey he went full force and it really made her head spin. Janey was never quiet about her interest in Len so his rapid about face confused her but she wanted to be with him and so she didn’t question it very much. I liked these two together and it was an interesting combination. I loved that Len was comfortable enough with Janey that he could share some very private things with her, things he hadn’t shared with anyone in the past. Janey accepted all parts of Len although his lack of talking did make her crazy more than once.

Despite knowing each other forever and their relationship looking seamless, some big assumptions and no talk led to some even bigger misunderstandings and a whole lot of heartache.

I really enjoyed this book; these two had a pretty deep connection and once Len finally opened up about everything so many things became clearer. Most of all I loved that his family was there to help him when he finally realized what he’d lost.

One Sexy Ride is another fine offering from Vivian Arend and with each book in this series I become more enamored with the Thompson family. I can’t wait to see what she has in store for the last two brothers and is it too much to hope that maybe their Dad might find love again?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20