Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now Tikes
Profile for Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews > Reviews

Guilty Pleasures...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2304
Top Reviewer Ranking: 602

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews "Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews" RSS Feed (Texas)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Incipio Standing Folio Pattern Case for Amazon Fire HD 6 (only fits 4th Generation Fire HD 6), Floral
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $26.18

OtterBox COMMUTER iPhone 6/6s Case - Frustration-Free Packaging - PURPLE AMETHYST (PERIWINKLE PURPLE/LIBERTY PURPLE)
Price: $27.93
11 used & new from $21.65

2.0 out of 5 stars it is more like, November 21, 2015
This is not purple is more like grey-blue

Surrender to Chance [King's Bluff, Wyoming 3] (Siren Publishing Menage Amour)
Surrender to Chance [King's Bluff, Wyoming 3] (Siren Publishing Menage Amour)
Price: $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars A sizzling tale of two brothers and the woman meant for them to share., November 18, 2015
4.5 Stars

Fiona Archer has done it again with a sizzling tale of two brothers and the woman meant for them to share. I love King’s Bluff and am so happy I was able to visit again. Miss Archer describes such a beautiful setting, I always feel as if I’m right there inside the story.

Moving back to her hometown after divorcing a horribly selfish man, Olivia finds herself where she belongs. A new job with the MacKenzie brothers at their lodge becomes much more than a fresh start. Alex and Kane MacKenzie expanded their business empire since taking over the family business after leaving the SEALs. Finding a beautiful sub for these powerful Doms to share makes their life complete. Enemies emerge… Whose side will everyone end up on?

Olivia is an intelligent, independent woman who discovers that she revels in giving up control. I adored Olivia through most of the book. She listened but wasn’t a doormat. At the pivotal point in the story, she collapsed on me. I was sad by that, but knew in my heart that she had her reasons. Miss Archer clearly and fantastically showed those reasons… and all was right with the world again.

Alex and Kane are both ex-SEALS and charming Doms. Alex prefers to stay away from relationships, while Kane is always trying to make things right. They are the perfect team and the perfect men for Olivia. The sex scenes where sizzling hot! The connection between these three was electric. I loved it!

Surrender to Chance is Book 3 in the King’s Bluff, Wyoming series. I highly recommend each book. You won’t be disappointed. Great book… great series by an author I adore!

BANGED: Rock Stars, Bad Boys & Dirty Deeds
BANGED: Rock Stars, Bad Boys & Dirty Deeds
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Rock stars, bad boys, dirty, hot sex, adventure and more..., November 18, 2015
Rock stars, bad boys, dirty, hot sex, adventure and more…these authors offer up something for every reader but be warned there are several stories in this anthology that are merely “piece” of serials with cliffhanger type endings. For 99 cents the few complete books were well worth that price and more, but unfortunately the rest of them left me disappointed and frustrated.

Lust’s Rhythm by Lexxie Couper 5 stars
Holy smokin’ hotness…let us just say that she may be a classically trained musician but she’s got her father’s rock and roll genes running through her. Nick Blackthorne’s daughter Chloe is all grown up and plans to finally get the man she’s thought and dreamed about for the last 4 years and that man despite his rock star career being threatened by both Nick and Chloe’s brother, Josh, Jed is willing to give it all up to pursue the woman who has haunted his dreams. I loved the way these two acted on their 4 years of lusting for one another, the way they shared so much of their lives in between food, snuggles and sex and the way they let their impulsiveness take over their common sense to make it a night to remember. In addition the bit scenes with Josh and Nick via phone was just icing on the cake. I love this family, this series and this book was just perfect.

The Rock Star’s Secret Baby by Zara Keane 3.0 stars
This was a fun story of a two night stand that resulted in a pregnancy. What I enjoyed was the heroine didn’t realize the hero was famous and winds up employed by him. Muireann Byrne determined to make a better life for her and her child accepts a job as a housekeeper before realizing her boss will be the man who fathered her child. I found it interesting the way hard rocker Darko (Damien) Dunne found out about his child and the way he handled it when he did. While I enjoyed the time these two spent together and really enjoyed seeing Damien interact with his son, I really didn’t feel the heat between these two and their relationship got lost in the shuffle of the mystery surrounding the island Damien had bought to build his home on and the strange things happening on the property. However given this was somewhat of a suspense story, I liked that the heroine wasn’t needy or helpless. I was a bit disappointed there wasn’t more to the romance between these two but it was still a somewhat enjoyable story.

Three Nights With A Rock Star (previously published) by Amber Lin & Shari Slade 4 stars
I’m pretty sure I read this book when it was first released and I enjoyed it but it was one where you kind of have to suspend belief to totally enjoy it. A buttoned up woman employed by a church sets out to crash an after party for Half-Life a hard rock group to find out which one of the group or the road crew knocked up her 19 year old sister. I’ll state right off the bat I liked both Hailey and Lock (Keaton) despite them being very different people. I had a very hard time believing Hailey would agree to Lock’s demands and the fact that she so easily infiltrated the group’s celebration which supposedly was taking place in the lobby of a hotel. Despite that I enjoyed the time they spent together and it was obvious they both enjoyed it immensely physically, but evident it went beyond that pretty quickly. I liked the way they both brought out very different sides of each other and the fact that they accept each other even after sharing their baggage. I was also pretty amused who the father of her sister’s baby turned out to be and how that was resolved. A pretty great epilogue rounded out this story which is why it got 4 stars from me.

Forbidden Rock Star by Madelynne Ellis 3.0 stars
Right off the bat I’ll tell you this book ends with a cliffhanger ending. Two bands have the opportunity to become the next big thing after a performance puts them in the sight of a big manager who can make or break them. Paradise Kiss’s lead guitarist, singer and songwriter Nathaniel Darke is in a tough spot; the groups bassist is one of his best friends and between his traumatic brain injury and his addictions he’s holding them back and when he see Bitch Slap’s bassist Loveday Trevaskis play he knows she is what the band needs but that means making a decision he doesn’t want to make. Problem is he doesn’t want her just for her bassist skills, the woman trips his trigger like none other. When she makes it known he does the same for him things get interesting and then very complicated, but sometimes complicated makes sense. These two made some serious hot music together both on their instruments and with their bodies and I loved that they seemed to “get” each other from the start. I really ejoyed this story but would have loved it if it was complete.

Painkiller by Cari Quinn & Taryn Elliott 4.5 stars
Wow is my reaction to this book from two authors I have not only been following since the start but whom never cease to amaze me. Johnny Cage the lead singer of Rebel Rage has had a wild and crazy life, but lately the music coming to him isn’t anything Rebel Rage would touch but he’s finding it not so easy to go solo. On a night he tries an acoustic set that goes bad he meets Evie Pierce and they share one incredible night. Both Johnny and Evie are hiding secrets, but the passion they share is unparalleled. This is a prequel to a new duology for this two, but for me it is a beginning of what promises to be another amazing story from these talented authors. Both characters are intriguing beyond words, both have baggage and both are on a path that might lead to some serious injury. A hot, sexy, and intense evening that will leave you panting and wanting more and an epilogue that sets up the remainder of this story perfectly, I absolutely loved this book! While this is a prequel, it read like a complete story; the characters were well developed and the start of their relationship was volatile and intriguing. Most of all while this was a start, it didn’t leave me frustrated; it set up the next book nicely and left me excited about what is coming next.

Dirty by Ainsley Booth 2 stars
I had a hard time with this “book” because it was actually a very small piece of a serial and honestly not enough to make me want to read the rest of it. A man from a crisis management team trying to get information on a man suspected of some very dastardly deeds tracks down a woman who is known to have spent time with him where this upstanding crisis management type berates her, has dirty thoughts about her and crosses several lines especially when he returns after her concert and has sex with her only to find out she is married to her manager who obviously doesn’t care that she sleeps with anything that walks. Not my thing at all and honestly I could care less what happens to either character.

More Than Music (previously released) by Elizabeth Briggs 5 stars
I am not a fan of reality television but More Than Music which centers on a Voice type show but for bands instead on individuals was an excellent book. Maggie Taylor is a geeky classically trained musician is tapped to fill in for her friend’s band when their bassist walks out the night before they are to audition for The Sound. She has secretly crushed on her friend’s big brother Jared Cross the band’s lead guitarist, vocalist and song writer so she agrees to help them with the audition until they can find a replacement, but contracts require her to be all in and she soon finds she’s the a member of Villain Complex and competing in a reality television show. As the show goes on she and Jared are drawn more and more towards each other something they’ve been warned the show’s producer does not want happening on their show. Jealousy, lies and sabotage all ensue leaving them to try and figure out how to be together and not lose their chance at winning. I enjoyed every minute these two spent alone and even the times they wished they could be together. Watching the four band members come together and work with their “star” mentor and finding their way as they become a band on the rise was exciting and fun. I loved this story so much I can’t wait to read the rest of the books in this series.

Bonus track:
Resistor (previously released) by Madelynn Ellis 2 stars
FYI…this is just a piece of the story between the hero and heroine. You can download the first piece of the story Remastered for free (at the time this was printed), but be aware that even with Remastered and this book Resistor it is still not a complete story.

After I read Remastered I was fairly intrigued by Spook Mortensen the rhythm guitarist for Black Halo and Allegra (Alle) Hutton the mastering engineer hired to work on their songs, so I was excited to read Resistor only to find out it was just another little piece of the story with more to come and my biggest issue was that it wasn’t even very interesting. It was simply more of the same Alle trying to get Spook to have sex with her and him saying he couldn’t/wouldn’t/shouldn’t without any explanation other than something bad had happened in his past. Unfortunately I’m done after this one, I tried reading the first couple of books in Ms. Ellis’s Black Halo series (well, serial) but for me it was just too little substance in each book to make it worthwhile. While I enjoy this author’s storytelling and would gladly read a full length, complete book from her I’m done with these bits and pieces of stories.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

A Mackenzie Clan Gathering (Mackenzies Series)
A Mackenzie Clan Gathering (Mackenzies Series)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Just didn't work for me, November 18, 2015
A Mackenzie Clan Gathering has many different characters and twist in the plot. It was a novel that had potential but it did not hold my interest. There were a lot of characters introduced and a lot of different ideas coming together in this novel. Sometimes it was a bit much, I had a very hard time relating to any of the characters and or following the story line. I could definitely feel the heat and attraction between Ian and Beth, along with the depth of love Ian had for his children. However I could not connect with the secondary characters, and there were a bunch of characters that I didn’t really feel needed and introduction. I liked to see Ian and Beth and how they interacted with their family, and how calming Beth was to Ian. I do see that in many relationships that one can help calm, center and focus the other partner, and she did that very well in this novel. I didn’t understand the urge to help fix parts of Ian; it added a lot of confusion to the story line. Were we reading about a gathering or a therapy session? Overall it was a struggle to keep reading, I had to force myself to stay with this book and not start another.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Rocky Mountain Shelter (Six Pack Ranch Book 8)
Rocky Mountain Shelter (Six Pack Ranch Book 8)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This was truly a fantastic story of love and devotion., November 18, 2015
I have to give author Vivian Arend a huge thumbs up for this book, anytime an author writes a long series it has to be tough coming up with fresh new plots yet in Rocky Mountain Shelter she did just that. There was so much I loved about this book; a good-guy hero with a heart of gold, a heroine who was stronger than she realized, real issues that weren’t tied up in a nice, neat bow and a love that developed over time out of attraction, admiration, trust, and respect. This was truly a fantastic story of love and devotion.

Trevor Coleman has always been a man willing to help anyone and everyone so when the renter of the property next to his triggers his protective instincts he plans to do everything he can to help her. However, he finds that Becky Hall is not interested in his help but he also notices she seems afraid to be around him which worries him and makes him want to know more about her.

It is very hard to write this review without spoilers so I will say that Becky left a situation that was not good, she was helped by a stranger who got her to Rocky Mountain and set her up with a place to live. Once she begins to see that Trevor has no ulterior motives she allows him to help her find a job, make repairs on the home she is renting and help her to navigate life on her own in a world that is pretty strange to her (and no she isn’t from another planet or anything crazy like that). The more time they spend together she begins to notice her libido coming to life something Trevor is very willing to help with.

I loved watching Becky’s metamorphosis as she took control of her life and began to experience so much all with the Coleman clan standing behind her and supporting her every move. The Coleman’s have always been a welcoming bunch, but what they did for Becky was above and beyond including a Coleman who left Rocky Mountain years ago.

Intrigue, togetherness, healing, hope and some really inventive loving made Rocky Mountain Shelter one of Vivian Arend’s best and one of my favorites in this series.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Just One Taste (Masters and Mercenaries: Topped Book 2)
Just One Taste (Masters and Mercenaries: Topped Book 2)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful story with an interesting plot, likable characters, steamy sex scenes, and laugh out loud humor, November 17, 2015
In just One Taste, Lexi Blake returns to her recurrent theme of people creating families from the people around them - and also to her lighthearted way of dealing with some serious issues.

Eric has been in love with Deena for some time, but the wary submissive has major relationship issues and he has to exercise patience to claim her.

They have time to learn each other as they both work at Top, the restaurant owned by Sean Taggart. They are also paired together in classes at Sanctum, the BDSM club operated by Sean's brother Iam. Deena wants to explore the BDSM lifestyle without getting serious, but she is far too attracted to Eric. Can these two find their way to a long term relationship in spite of her past and need to close herself off.

Deena proved to be a strong woman, holding down a job, taking college classes, and emarking on the exploration of BDSM. Her attempts to shut herself off from others stem from a series of bad relationships, particularly her last one.

Eric served in the marines before coming to Top, where he learned to cook. He has plenty of experience as a Dom, but no particular place to recommend him so he is required to take the BDSM classes as well. He doesn't mind as long as Deena is his partner. He is almost too perfect, but as the story unfolds, he reveals his flaws as well, but overall, he is a loving, generous, indulgent Dom who takes great care of his submissive in all ways.

This was a delightful story with an interesting plot, likable characters, steamy sex scenes (including mild BDSM), and laugh out loud humor.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Dare to Seduce (Dare to Love Book 8)
Dare to Seduce (Dare to Love Book 8)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Carly Phillips has a way with words and bringing out the best and worst in each of her characters., November 17, 2015
I love the Dare series and am excited for you all to get to know Max Savage. Now, Lucy, not so much since she just kept rubbing me the wrong way. Yes, this is the DARE series but Lucy Dare just didn’t do it for me until about 80% into the story. As for Max, well he had me at Hello.

Max sat back and ignored his feelings for Lucy for a long time. He fought the attraction then had to fight the guilt of a true mistake. Lucy just wouldn’t let go of the past and kept thinking that everything good in her life would come to an end. There were times in the story that I just wanted to shake her and yell “get over it already!” and really wished that Max would do that to her. But, Max being who he is, took the slow and steady route until her eyes were finally opened to what she was missing out on.

Carly Phillips has a way with words and bringing out the best and worst in each of her characters. Lucy just kept depressing me though … she had her good and bad moments and I hated the way she was thinking. Max was strong but vulnerable and I love that she brought out that side of him in the story. The one thing that disappointed me was Max alluded to how much he was into BDSM before Lucy and how it got him through his rough times but there was just some light bondage in the story. It would have been interesting to see him break her barriers with a night at Paradise but, she finally brought them down in another way that ended them with an HEA.

Secret Santa Baby
Secret Santa Baby
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, entertaining and completely sexy this was a fun holiday story., November 17, 2015
This review is from: Secret Santa Baby (Kindle Edition)
Robin Covington brings on the holiday magic in Secret Santa Baby when best friends finally decide it is time to let the other one know exactly how they feel about the other. Smart, entertaining and completely sexy this was a fun holiday story.

Tessa Stoneman has wanted her best friend and business partner Nicholas Boone since their college days, but the timing wasn't right. She's also worried her on again, off again relationship with their other partner which she ended completely has kept Nick from seeing her because of some bro code. Now that she's severing ties with their company, she's making plans to let Nick know just how she feels but what she doesn't realize is Nick is planning to spread some holiday magic of his own.

I found these two to be so endearing mainly due to the way they've wanted each other for a long time but never acted on it. I loved the way Nick was wooing Tessa even though she didn't know it was him and I appreciated that Tessa went after Nick letting him know she was interested even if they were rudely interrupted.

The heat between them was evident, the feelings sincere and most of all the magic of the holiday made this story even more special. Secret Santa Baby is a perfect story for when you are short on time but need a bit of holiday cheer.

Perfectly Imperfect
Perfectly Imperfect
by Harper Sloan
Price: $13.48
14 used & new from $11.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Imperfect is not only a contemporary romance, it will also a be an inspiration to many., November 17, 2015
This review is from: Perfectly Imperfect (Paperback)
4.5 stars

WOW! Just WOW!!!!

I've had weight issues all of my life, when I was younger I didn't let it bother me. I really was confident because my grandmother always told me <b>"It doesn't matter what size you are, as long as you dress nice, take care of yourself and love yourself, you will be happy."</b> I was never afraid to get out on the dance floor, go out with my friends or shopping. I didn't care if people looked at me funny, because I loved me. I was overweight when I got pregnant and when I had my daughter. Nothing ever made me doubt my worth....UNTIL Social Media became popular and all the trolls started picking on overweight people, making hateful memes/videos, videoing overweight people eating, dancing, swimming then posting them to make fun of and just being mean. Now I find myself not wanting to go out in public as much, I find myself adjusting my clothes and when I am out in public trying to fade into the background or do as much as I can to not draw attention to myself. My self doubt is becoming worse as time goes on.

Reading Perfectly Imperfect came at a great time for me. It made me open up my eyes and realize how I have let others' opinions influence my HAPPY. Perfectly Imperfect is not only a contemporary romance, it will also a be an inspiration to many.

I recommend that anyone who has body image issues, self doubt, has been mentally abused, ridiculed, made to feel like they are worthless and beneath others, as well as anyone who knows someone who has been through the above, to read this book. Perfectly Imperfect will inspire hope, self healing and teach you to love yourself first, so you can accept the love others have for you.

Harper Sloan, THANK YOU for writing a book that made me cry, laugh, hope to find my Kane, look at myself and also gave me the strength to be the me I used be, the me that loved myself.

#iAmWillow #LookingForMyKane