Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on PlasmaCar
Profile for Olaf Johnson > Reviews

Olaf Johnson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 184

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Olaf Johnson RSS Feed (Anchorage, AK 99505)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Patagonia Down Sweater - Men's Feather Grey w/ Forge Grey 2X-Large
Patagonia Down Sweater - Men's Feather Grey w/ Forge Grey 2X-Large
Offered by Brandfarms
Price: $209.00
3 used & new from $209.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Tailored for 2015 Style with Better Quality Zippers & Fabrics!, November 14, 2015
This is a very warm coat for the weight & price. It will keep you warm down to the 25F to 32F. It is windproof but not water/snow/storm proof. With that said lets get on with the most important thing you will read before making a choice to buy this item. Sizing!

I've been buying these down sweater jackets every other year since 2009. The Fall 2011 to Spring 2014 down sweater jackets of the past fit much bigger than the Fall 2014 to the current Fall 2015 line does.

I'm 5'9" 155lbs and in 2009/2011/2013 style years I found the Patagonia Size Small fit me exact (like a normal men's medium 38R chest ) This year style the size medium fits the same way.

So for Fall 2015 I purchased the Patagonia Size Medium get a correct 38R fit. My only complain is that while torso is tailored to fit better with a tapered fit that narrows from the armpit to the hemline, which I love, the sleeves are completely untailored and baggy for the size. There is more fabric around the triceps area than I would like. You can see this in the Patagonia website pictures for this product as worn on the model.

Other changes are the zippers for this year's (2014-now) style is much beefier and more durable. The DWR-treatment and crispy-factor is much better on the outer shell. In the past the thin zippers would always snag on everything and the wispy outer fabric would stain and tear easily-which is why I HAD TO replace my down sweater jackets every other year. However, this year's zippers are much improved and the outer fabric so far seems more resistant to dirt (specifically oil and grease from your skin and hair) and tearing.

I also loved that they bought back the internal chest pockets in this year style and returned the "dual" cinch toggles on the hemline that you could now cinch from inside the hand pockets (yeah it boggled my mind why Patagonia used a one sided hem cinch toggle the last couple of years).

Buffalo by David Bitton Men's Multiple Logo Belt, White, Large
Buffalo by David Bitton Men's Multiple Logo Belt, White, Large
Price: $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Belt has quality control issues but still a great looking and well made belt!, October 10, 2015
Great looking belt but has some quality control issues.

For some reason the marked size LARGE in this belt fits like a normal medium (32/33 waist). So keep that in mind when ordering online.

I was able to try on several sizes in my local store and one quite a few of them the white cover/paint was literally rubbing and peeling off from my trying it on. I did the fold test to see how the leather performed under bending stress. The "leather" material is thick and firm It did not crease or make the V but I got U's so that means it is a quality "leather" material underneath the white paint/color. It took me a few belts before I found one that did not have paint peeling issues.

Design wise this belt looks 1000x better in person. The buckle and notch end detailing is really remarkable and unique. The white color is also bleached white bright and clean looking instead of that vintage ivory white you may get with other white belts from Kenneth Cole and Express.

Over all I am very happy with this belt. The white has stayed on in the two weeks I've been wearing it and I do not have much of an issue with it getting dirty or stained from dark blue denim dyes off my jeans. The surface of the belt maybe treated to prevent staining.

For some reason Amazon has this under the Tommy Hilfiger Men's Accessories but it is NOT a Tommy Hilfiger Belt just an FYI.
Comment Comment | Permalink

John Varvatos Men's Redding Fashion Sneaker
John Varvatos Men's Redding Fashion Sneaker

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy these if you drive!!!!, September 10, 2015
Great looking shoes although over priced with a huge flaw. My right foot heel, where the white-cream colored faux leather band wraps around, worn through from rubbing on the floor mat in my car. A hole formed after a few trips. You could see my socks. I had to throw them out. Good thing I got them for $19.99 on sale at Nordstrom rack. They are also NOT made in the USA as the logo on the sole, and hefty retail price, suggests.
Rather these are made in China and not worth your money.

One star because they look great when brand new.

Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer
Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer
Offered by Prime Deals 24-7
Price: $309.87
24 used & new from $297.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Washer for baby clothes but use a wrench to tighten connectors!, August 20, 2015
This is great, quiet machine that washes relatively quick and offers lots of easy-to-use user options for how you want your clothing to be washed. It is narrow and fits thru our 19 inch wide linen closet door where we store it.

MEASUREMENT NOTE: The machine is around 17" wide but the outlet drain hose does stick out the side and extra inch and half (so you have to add about 2 inches to the over width). The good thing here is that you have the option to switch the outlet drain hose to either the left or right side of the machine. You will also have to acknowledge that the inlet hose sticks up at the back and adds an extra 3 to 4 inches to the height (see the pictures I posted up).

We had big leakage out the back and at the inlet connector during the first wash but once a proper wrench was used to tighten connectors with thread seal tape there was no more leakage. We are only using this for our newborn clothes and burp clothes. This is a slight and most delicate machine so if you plan on washing heavy denim jeans, winter coats and shoes or you are using it every day then dont expect a long life out of this machine.

The added BONUS is the spin cycle takes about 80% to 90% of the water out the clothes so you dont really need to buy a Dryer if you can spare 8 hours for line dry. Again we are only washing baby clothes so if you are washing heavy fabrics expect different results.

Over all for the price this is a great product..
Comment Comment | Permalink

Dockers Men's Alpha On The Go Pant, Light Buff, 32x32
Dockers Men's Alpha On The Go Pant, Light Buff, 32x32
Price: $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These James Bond Alpha pants are NOT your father's Khakis!, August 15, 2015
When I tried these on at my local Macy's I thought they would be GREAT hiking pants!

They have a stretchy durable water repelling/quick drying fabric, with hidden cargo pockets, hidden draw cords, and zippered back pockets.

NOTE: Some of the other colors in this same style on the Docker's website are 100% non-stretch cotton. Only the colors here on Amazon are of the thin stretchy fabric. I think this is why some buyers who were expecting thick canvas cotton Khakis negatively reviewed these.

However once I bought them I realized they were too nice looking to get dirty on the trail so I've been wearing them around town all summer.
I got all three colors but the Light Buff is my most worn and favourite of the lot. Simply because it goes with more of the lighter pastel colors that I wear during the summer. The army green and blue grey colors can work in the Fall, post-Labour Day, season.

I can't really review these because if you like the traditional rigid cotton Khaki's that fit baggy and loose then you won't like these pants at all. If you wear a lot of slim/skinny jeans and you normally hate Khakis then you would love these.

The sad thing is Dockers tend to release a great item and never release them again. So I am back here to buy another one of these in all the colors.
Reason being is the thinness of the fabric makes me suspicious that these Alphas On The Go won't last long especially since I'm wearing them every chance I get. They fit really great.

Just remember DO NOT wash these like you do your regular cotton Khakis (hot water/fabric softeners/bleach/hot dry)!!!!

Use only ice cold wash with powdered detergents. Don't use fabric softeners and do either a cool tumble dry of a hang line dry to get the best life span out of the fabric.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2015 9:34 PM PDT

G Star Men's Dash III Avery Fashion Sneaker,White Canvas,11 M US
G Star Men's Dash III Avery Fashion Sneaker,White Canvas,11 M US
Offered by Addicted Wear

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes once you ditch the crappy laces and get all white cotton laces!, August 15, 2015
Comfortable compared to other brands that do the same styles (Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, Penguin).
I ended up buying two pairs because I like the look of these and the wear really well with tapered and skinny slim jeans.

A bonus I found is that they are easy to clean and the white canvas and rubber rand doesn't get dirty as easily as one would think.

My only gripe is these Avery Dash III come with the worst shoe laces ever. They are like a waxed nylon fabric, really long, thin and in a dirty white shade beige color that do not match the look and color of the shoes. I ended up getting all white cotton laces from a local shoe store and they look sharp.

I'm also not sure why these are still selling for over $60 online when most local shops sell these between $20 and $40 on sale.

I'm actually looking for the leather versions of these right now so I can have something for the North East Fall/Winter wardrobe.

Under Armour Men's Tottenham Hotspur 14/15 Home Replica Shorts Small Cadet
Under Armour Men's Tottenham Hotspur 14/15 Home Replica Shorts Small Cadet

5.0 out of 5 stars These are fitted so size up for a normal fit or expect a slim fit., August 8, 2015
Geat shorts from last year season. I'm 5'8" tall 150lbs with a 32" waist and the size L fits me fine. I could have fit a medium perfectly if I intended for a slim fit or to use these for playing the sport. But the large fits great for basic lounge wear shorts. The best way to describe the fit of these is the size large would be the same fit and cut as Nike/Adidas Basketball style shorts in a medium. Though the inseam is still much shorter (slightly above the knee) the leg openings are wide.

Mademoiselle Chambon
Mademoiselle Chambon
Price: $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film., August 1, 2015
Really great movie that does romance in a subtle grown up fashion. This story is similar to Bridges of Madison County in that it shows both sides of extramarital romance; the deep rooted attraction to a stranger versus the responsibility of family. M.Chambon doesn't explain a whole lot in it's story. The romance happens and we see the characters reaction after words.

DKNY Jeans Men's Mini Ripstop Trouser Short, Frost Gray, 32
DKNY Jeans Men's Mini Ripstop Trouser Short, Frost Gray, 32
Price: $15.76
2 used & new from $15.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slim fit & light weight material, July 14, 2015
I just tossed out a bunch of old cargo shorts to buy clean looking trouser shorts and these are the best so far. The inseam is perfect at 10 inches but because they wear slim it doesn't seem long at all. The leg openings are also not wide but has a hint of that tapered looked. The "Frost Grey" color is also just right for the summer and doesn't make the mistake of looking too 'smoot gray' (dark). The pockets could be deeper but are deep enough for basic wallets and keys without looking puffy.
For the price these are a great buy.

Sebago Men's Captain Oxford,Tan Burnished,9.5 M US
Sebago Men's Captain Oxford,Tan Burnished,9.5 M US
Price: $32.63
5 used & new from $32.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and comfort but sizing is way off and not too breathable!, July 12, 2015
Very comfortable and fit is excellent. I normally wear assize 10.5 to 11 USA men's and the size 10 in this fits loose so I inserted an extra insole to fill it out. Ideally I could size down to a 9.5 USA mens for an exact fit. In fact I may do that because these shoes are not that breathable and the extra insoles seems to make my feet sweat more than I'd like.

The leather quality and stitching is really great! In fact Tommy Hilfiger makes an identical shoe called the Tommy Hilfiger Men's Dathan Fashion Sneaker that is sub par to these Captain Oxfords. Tommy uses thinner (or faux) leather and cheap stitching. Both shoes were in the same store I bought my Captain's in so I got a first hand experience comparing the two shoes.

That said these loafers are great for quality and comfort but the sizing is way off and don't expect them to be too breathable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19