Profile for Olaf Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 159

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Olaf Johnson RSS Feed (Anchorage, AK 99505)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
ZAGG Cover Fit Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for Samsung 12.2 Inch Galaxy Note Pro or Tab Pro-Black
Offered by Bravo Sales!
Price: $57.99
12 used & new from $36.02

1.0 out of 5 stars Falls apart after a few months and rubs/damages your tablet., January 4, 2015
Damages your tablet after a few months of use. I originally lauded this keyboard for great battery life, ease of use and being super lightweight/portable. After week one I needed to exchange my original purchase because the space bar key and other keys stopped working. The second Zagg worked fine for a few months until last week I noticed the rubber nubs that protect the tablet all came off from regular usage. I didn't mind that but today I notice my tablet had permanent rub marks along the sides and edges where the Zagg's hard plastic spring holders grip the tablet when the case is closed. Not cool at all. I was so mad I tossed the entire thing in the trash! $99 wasted and worse even my $799 tablet is now permanently maimed.

Under Armour Men's Tottenham Hotspur Track Jacket Small Black
Under Armour Men's Tottenham Hotspur Track Jacket Small Black
Offered by Soccerest
Price: $71.00
3 used & new from $71.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jacket for any Spurs fan!, January 4, 2015
A very stylish and tailored fitting Jacket! I've been a life long fan of the club and Under Armour (UA) has procured some of the best-fitting top-quality kit for Spurs.
In the past with Puma, kappa and Umbro I would always need to size down from a Medium to Small but with UA I can get a Medium which fits slim and neat. With UA you get great quality zippers and not one loose thread on a top class weave.

Only complaint I have is the UA retail price is high relative to other brand name kit by Nike, Adidas and Puma. I paid $50 on sale off Amazon which is what this jacket, or any basic polyester club training jacket, should be worth.

It's not a weatherproof jacket in any regard and you are not doing any real 'training' or work out in this jacket. It is not made with any fancy cooling or stretch materials (only polyester) so there is no need for it to be priced above $70.

Get it on sale and you will be very happy!

In Your Eyes
In Your Eyes
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Original Movie I've seen in my lifetime! Great!, December 26, 2014
This was a brilliant film. It starts out a little hokey. Lots of jump around imagery and stoic explanatory dialogue but it settles into really great film.
I went into this with no idea what to expect and I think that is the best way to approach it. I had no idea Josh Whedon, one of my favorite writer/director of recent, was involved in this until seeing the credits roll down.

Great movie!

Diesel Men's Safado Regular Slim Straight-Leg Jean 0604B, Denim, 32x32
Diesel Men's Safado Regular Slim Straight-Leg Jean 0604B, Denim, 32x32
Price: $129.00
2 used & new from $129.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big in waist! Too long in inseam! Too baggy in calf and over priced for quality, December 23, 2014
I was urged to do a wardrobe makeover by my fiance and ended up buying three pairs of these in the faded worn, dark blue, and light blue denim. I am coming from a post-college adult life decade of wearing nothing but Levis 527 jeans. I needed slimmer fitting jeans that could work formally (in dark denim) as well as casually.

I also bought David Bitton Buffalo Evan X, G Star Attacc, G Star Nattacc and Marc Ecko 710/711 jeans.

The Diesel Safado Jeans were the most expensive and most disappointing of the lot. My biggest grip with the Safado jeans is the pockets are all really small! Front pocket barely fits a wallet or an iPhone 5s inside. I also found the crotch and seat extra snug for the size while the leg and calf is baggy for straight fit jeans.

Funny enough both the G Star Attacc/3301 straight-slim jeans and Marc Ecko 711/710 skinny-slim jeans fit exactly like the Safado jeans fit on the model in the Amazon stock images. Safado jeans do not fit that slim straight and streamlined as the stock picture shows!

I normally wear a 32/32 in jeans and found the 32/32 Safados to actually measure 33/33.5 under a tape measure. So I spent $50 to professionally tailor the extra hem to 32 inseam on all three of my purchases. Not cool because they still fit baggy in the calf area even though the legs and crotch are slim fitting.

Sadly I can't really return them post tailoring so I'm stuck with them.

Negatives aside the Safado's denim weave and dark dye is good quality. Much better than Levis but not nearly as brilliant as the G Star denim weaves and washes.

These Safados are not worth the money. If you really need name brand on your butt then spend your money but smart consumers look elsewhere!

EDIT: A buddy of mine told me you can get Diesel Safado jeans at TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Burlington outlets for $50 to $70. Also Nordstorms sells this brand and perhaps this style for sub $100 prices. So there you go.

Diesel Men's Safado Regular Slim Straight Leg Jean 0823K, Denim, 30x30
Diesel Men's Safado Regular Slim Straight Leg Jean 0823K, Denim, 30x30
Price: $182.88
2 used & new from $182.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and fits bigger/longer than expected, December 23, 2014

Diesel Men's Safado Regular Straight-Leg Jean 0817C, Denim, 30x32
Diesel Men's Safado Regular Straight-Leg Jean 0817C, Denim, 30x32

2.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and Fits bigger/longer than expected!, December 22, 2014

Ecko Unltd. Mens 711 Camo Slim Fit Jeans
Ecko Unltd. Mens 711 Camo Slim Fit Jeans
Offered by Tags Weekly
Price: $41.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 711 are the PERFECTJeans!, December 22, 2014
Got these in the light grey Camo for $16 at Burlington Coat Factory. At first I was skeptical with the quality and fit but they have quickly become my favourite jeans!
To think I almost spent $80 on David Bitton Buffalo Six X Camos before accidentally discovering the 711s on the rack.

Fit and comfort is excellent for slim fit jeans! These fit nice slim but not too skinny at all. I'm usually a 32" waist by 30" inseam but I found the 32/32 fit me perfect. If I would have wanted a neater slim fit then 32/30 would've worked but I like extra length on my slim jeans.

The front pockets on these are very deep and big. They go down to the knee caps. I love it. I went back and bought two more pairs in dark indigo denim and light faded blue denim.

Dockers Men's Feather Edged Belt, Tan, 34
Dockers Men's Feather Edged Belt, Tan, 34
Price: $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great belt for looks and versatility! So good I purchased two pairs!, December 22, 2014
This Dockers Feather Edge belt was so impressive once I put it on I immediately went back to buy a second one. I normally wear 32" pants and I have previously found a perfect fit in size 36 belts from Dockers/Levis. However for this belt I had to size down to size 34 to get the same perfect fit (where the center hole, 3rd from the end, is notched).

This belt fits on the big size in my experience compared to the other four to five belts I own from Dockers/Levis. So if you normally size up two sizes for your Dockers belt you may only want to size up one size for this particular belt.

I paid $9.99 at my local Burlington/Marshalls/TJMaxx which is a bargain considering this belt offers the uncanny ability to match a broad range of medium brown to light tan shoes and accessories (see my customer product pictures). I always have a hard time finding the perfect tan belt and this belt was exactly what I needed.

Overall quality is indeed that of $20 belt but if worn well and cared for this belt will easily last a couple of years. While it is not armageddon-proof bridled leather, this belt is still a fairly thick leather belt with brilliant stitching detail durable enough for office wear.

My favorite part of this belt is the nickle silver buckle. It is solid good quality and the elongated shape gives it a unique and rich look. You rarely see a buckle this shape.

By comparison I was at my local Macy's Department Store yesterday and I tried on the Ryan Seacrest tan belts and this Dockers belt is thicker and MUCH BETTER quality than Ryan's $50 tan belts. I also tried on the top shelf Allen Edmonds belts and this Dockers belt matches Allen Edmonds for looks and style but Allen's $120 belts are geniune quality belts.

Said and done this Dockers Feather Edge belt is a great buy for those expecting about 1 to 3 years out of daily work week wear from a belt. The only concern I have right now are the dual leather loops. On one of the belts I purchased the second loop tilts so it doesn't look like a perfect 11 (see picture with denim jeans). This is not a biggie for me because I may just cut the extra loop off since I'm not a fan of the dual loops to begin with.

However for $10 to $20 this belt is more than worth it!

Note: the stock picture on Amazon show a darker brown belt. That dark color may be a camera flaw or a belt from last season stock because the ones I've seen in the stores this year are all light brown/dark tan or black. So you may be getting a lighter color belt than it appears if you order from Amazon.

I put up some product pictures of my own so you all can see how the color looks next to a dark brown belt, how it matches a wide spectrum of brown to tan shoes and how the size 34 fits on my 32" waist. I also put a picture wearing denim jeans with this belt since it works well either with business/formal attire or with casual clothing.

G-Star Men's Jeans Nattacc Straight Lexicon Denim
G-Star Men's Jeans Nattacc Straight Lexicon Denim
Offered by OXALLA US
Price: $139.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jeans! Thick Durable Denim Fabric That Will Last A Lifetime!, December 20, 2014
I had to write a review for these little known G-Star Nattacc jeans that are a modified version to the popular Attacc jeans that G-Star sells in tons of colors.

They no longer sell Nattaccs anywhere at the G-Star shops but they do list it online at the main website where you could order them for full retail price. However I believe the only other place available was online here at Amazon at a much better price.

I was however lucky enough to try on a pair before ordering online. A local New York outlet retailer only had these in a 33 waist by 34 length so I worked out my size. Normally I'm a 32 x 30 but I realized that the 32x32 fit my 5'8" tall/158lbs frame perfectly. The waist, seat and crotch were a bit tight at first but these jeans do stretch to conform to your body after a few wears.

The picture on amazon show pretty much how these will look on you. They are not boot-fit/baggy and they are not skinny fit. They have a messy-straight fit that I like. Similar to Levi's 514 or Diesel Safado jeans. They also fit exactly like the straight fit G-Star Attacc jeans. If you want a baggy fit then order a size up and if you want a neat-skinny straight fit, where the hem falls on the top of your shoes/boots, then order a size down and an inch shorter on your normal inseam.

A final note to consider when buying Nattacs, or any G-Star denim, is that the Steel Denim/Lexicon/Medium/Dark Aged color are of the heavier weave 12oz denim. This means in winter time, as I have found, your legs will be warm without the need for long johns but summer time or hot weather beach wear will not work that well with these.

There is a lighter colored, Light/Medium Aged, Nattac that use a lighter weight denim weave which will be more warm weather friendly.

Definitely worth the money!

Woolrich Men's Arctic Parka Coat
Woolrich Men's Arctic Parka Coat
Price: $239.40 - $449.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Big Heavy Parka That Will Keep You Warm For the Value!, December 14, 2014
All the Canada Goose Parkas were sold out (as usual) so I tried this one on for a week before returning it. I'm 5'8" tall/160 lbs and I was swimming in the size small. It measured something like 26 inches across the chest between the armpits, 23 inches down the sleeves from armpits to cuff, and 35/36 inches long down the rear spine from bottom of hood to hem.

Said and done this Parka was designed for big body men over 6 foot tall and 200+ lbs.

If you get a good fit the quality will make you happy but I couldn't wear this coat comfortably at all. It was just too cumbersome for any sort of active moving around.

For those wondering this parka is similar to the Canada Goose Langford in style but much more heavier because of the bulky 550 down fill (the lower that number is the heavier the coat will be) compared to the 650 down fill of the CG Langford.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16