Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Olaf Johnson > Reviews

Browse

Olaf Johnson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 209
Helpful Votes: 1956

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Olaf Johnson RSS Feed (Anchorage, AK 99505)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Haggar Men's Performance Micro Melange Slim Fit Plain Front Slack, Taupe, 32x30
Haggar Men's Performance Micro Melange Slim Fit Plain Front Slack, Taupe, 32x30
Price: $31.93
2 used & new from $31.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Drama Free Slim Fit Water-Resistant/Machine Washable/Non Iron Formal Pants!, June 24, 2016
I already wrote a stellar review for these Haggar Slim Fit Dress Pants a while back when I purchased the newer HC10842 version. I just picked up this older HC10841 version sold here and realized the pants are the same overall with slight differences beyond the color choices specific to each version number. So before you check out my full Original Review below I will add this about these older HC10841 versions for sale in this Amazon Listing:

Thoughts on the HC10841 Slim Fit Dress Pants:

- I am 5'8" tall 155lbs and normally wear 32x32 Dockers Slacks or 33x32 in Slim Fit Levis jeans. I also tend to wear my Haggar Slim Fit Dress Pants in 32 x 30 and in this size I found these older style pants are more slim fitting in the waist and tailored to be narrower in the legs (which results in the effect of shortened hem when worn-especially when sitting down which is great if you like to wear trendy bright colored socks). The fabrics on these Haggar Slim Fits are very dynamic and easy to wear so you won’t feel squeezed in since they have a comfortable soft stretch for all day wear. They DO NOT have the hidden flex waistband feature that is advertised on the Amazon page but I believe the fabric is stretchy enough that you can forgive the lack of such a gimmick since an overall stretch is more comfortable than just a bit of give in the waist. At the end of the day these are slim fitting pants so it is best to try them on at a local store first before buying especially if you never wore slim fit pants before or you are a big guy.

- The HC10841 pockets are also more shallow than the already shallow pockets of the HC10842 pants. Even so they still hold your basic wallet, keys and iPhone 6S-sized mobile phones.These pockets are also slippery if you are not careful to note that what you put into them may slip out when sitting down or taking your hands out.

- The material on this HC10841 is more matte/textured and less shiny/smooth than the HC10842 pants. I would also say it is a slightly beefier fabric weave as well so you can wear these in colder (non-windy 30 to 40 F) weather without long johns and be fine. They do not feel like plastic or paper or cheaply thin pants like other reviewers say. If anything the HC10842 pants are much more closer to a thin synthetic feel than these. At the end of the day these are all nylon polyester synthetic pants and not cotton or wool. So to complain about what the pants is supposed to be is like buying a green automobile and complaining the car you just bought is not red!

- The Dark Navy color is not a true dark navy blue like the Amazon picture shows but more of a heather navy blue (Similar to Polo Ralph Lauren Newport Navy Blue color). I also expect the Taupe Color to not really look anything like the Amazon picture either since Taupe is a darkish sand beige color and not chalk white like the Amazon image shows. I plan on ordering that Taupe color next since I love the fit of these pants and that color suits the upcoming summer season.

Over all for what you are paying these Haggar Pants are a great bargain! Quality Tailoring, Fit and Materials!

ORIGINAL REVIEW FOR THE HC10842/HC10841 Style Slim Fit Dress Pants:

I was looking for slim-fit dark-colored formal pants for my new position at a law firm where my vast collection of Dockers Alpha Slim Khaki pants is considered Friday Casual Wear.

The local department stores (Macy's, Sears, J.C Penny's, Kohls) idea of slim fit formal pants is still too baggy by 2016 standards of slim fit.
On the other hand H&M, Express and many local Metro-sexual boutiques' idea of slim fit is pants so tight they might as well be painted on. Club Monaco, J Crew and Brooks Brothers make fine slim fit business clothing but I didn't want my first pay check to be spent on a couple pair of $300 pants.

I needed a slim-fit tailored like my Docker’s Alpha Khaki but in a dark-colored formal-fabric at a reasonable price. I also wanted a light-weight stretchy fabric for the upcoming humid summer months commuting on foot thru the bowels of midtown Manhattan. The Haggar's Slim Fit filled the bill in all my 'needs' and ‘wants’ categories.

I'm 5'8" tall and 150 lbs with a 31 waist/31 inseam and the 32x30 Haggar Slim Fit Performance fits me perfectly. I get the same fit with a 32x32 Dockers Alpha Slim Khaki or Levi's 511 33x30.

POSITIVES:
-Slim Fit AND just the right tailoring of low waist/low crotch for a great comfortable fit. Other slim fit still have high waist/baggy crotch area
but taper slim towards the ankles. Here Haggard has a nice balance of low waist, slim fit and straight fit so they are not ankle-tight and not baggy in the crotch.

-Lightweight flexible fabric. This is definitely not a winter fabric but perfect for 3-Season wear. However you still can brave the
cold windy winters with a good pair of thick long johns and these pants and will be okay.

-Water Resistant Fabric. Water beads off these pants. I walked thru a rain storm without an umbrella and my feet were soaked but the pants were bone dry. Most formal pants would soak thru these did not.

-Machine Washable and NON-Iron! The come out the washing machine with the crease still present. After an hour of hang drying they are ready to wear. REMEMBER DO NOT MACHINE DRY THIS FABRIC! HANG DRY ONLY!

-Price! At $32 to $35 bucks what you get with these is an absolute bargain. I've owned top quality Brooks Brothers business pants costing hundreds of dollars and these Haggar pants are right up there with them. Even if you get a year or two use out of these Haggars before they fall apart you would have already gotten a deal. No complaints here!

NEGATIVES:
-Target/Walmart/Kmart sells an in-store version Haggar Slim Fit Performance Pants under the Urban Heather collection in a variety of colors. Those store versions, while having the same tags, are vastly inferior in fit (super tight in crotch for the size), material-quality (thinner fabric) and comfort (they are cheap non-stretch cotton) to this original Haggar Slim Fit pants. Not sure why Haggar would do that other than to make money but it adds a bit of confusion to what you may or may not get when ordering online.

-Front Pockets are extremely shallow and can be slippery. Do not put anything of value in the front pockets if you tend to lose stuff easily! Use the back pockets instead. That said I wish the back pockets had buttons to close them them because things can still fall out due to the slippery inner-pocket fabric. For instance I find if I pull my iPhone 6S out my pocket and I have paper money folded up in the same pocket the friction of pulling my phone out usually results in the money coming out. If you are not careful you can easily lose things that way.

-The zipper is very loud on these pants. It makes a fabric-shredding sound. The first couple of times I went to pee I thought I had ripped a hole in the crotch before I realized the zipper was loud.

-Colors choices for the Slim Fit are limited. Dark Grey and Medium Grey look kind of the same. Even the Medium Beige looks kind of like Medium Grey under certain lighting. I would have wanted the blacks, blues, subtle-patterns and more tan colors that other Haggar style pants have.

-The feature of FLEX WAIST BAND is incorrect and not on this Slim Fit pant. The other style Haggars have this but this style definitely does not have the flex adjustable elastic hidden in the waist band. If anything the stretch fabric overall lends to a bit of ‘comfort’ and ‘flexibility’ to someone with a bigger waist trying to squeeze into a smaller size.

-Haggar is just an awful sounding/looking name for a company.

Even with the negatives for the price and quality these pants have a lot to like about them. Just be sure to try on before you buy and DO NOT put your wallet, money, keys or mobile phone in the front pocket or you can lose them if you are not careful!

iPad Mini 4 Case - Arozell Crystal Clear Armor Slim-Fit TPU Case Cover for Rugged, Stylish Protection of Your iPad Mini 4 (2015 Model)
Offered by Arozell
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Light Weight and Bulk Free Gel Case for the iPad Mini 4!, June 14, 2016
Great Light Weight and Bulk Free Gel Case for the iPad Mini 4!

With Tablets the minute you start putting cases on them they tend to increase in weight and bulk quicker than with mobile phones.

When I got my iPad Mini 4 I did not want any thick leather or rubber cases for it since I wanted it to still be pocket-able and thin for my daily subway commute into Manhattan (NYC).
With this slim case you get the benefit of a case where the edges and back are protected in a average drop or during your average day of using a tablet like a normal adult.
The screen is not protected but you can order the tempered crystal glass proctector to keep your Mini screen clear of scrapes and cracks.
What I love about this gel skin case is the buttons around the iPad are all still easy to press. With the cheaper eBay cases that come from China I always found they are rigid and require a lot of finger force to press the buttons. Here the buttons are just as easy to push in as they are without a case.
At the end of the day this case is not for everyone. If you tend to drop your devices or you have your infants and toddlers play on your iPads in the car or at home where it will get dropped a lot then this case is not for you. It won’t save your iPad from constant repeated drops or severe abuse.

Tommy Hilfiger Men's Non Iron Slim Fit Solid Spread Collar Dress Shirt, Frosted Lilac, 15" Neck 32-33" Sleeve

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirts! Much Improved From their older Custom Fit style Shirts!, June 14, 2016
I own this Non-Iron Slim Fit in every color possible and I have been wearing these shirts since they were called Custom Fit years ago. The quality and fit have come a long way since them and I love these Slim Fit Non-Iron shirts!
I was so happy to finally find the Frosted Lilac/Lavender color (after months of tracking down my size) that I had to drop a positive review.

POSITIVES-
1. For your basic Monday to Friday 9 to 5 office life these shirts are easy to wear, wash and press! I ALWAYS recommend an Ice Cold Wash (no bleach or softeners), Line Dry in the shade and a quick Steam Press to get the best life out of formal work shirts. If you do get a ring around the collar or stains then use a stain cleaner like Shout or a Tide Stain Pen instead of a hot water bleach wash.You do not need to press unless you want a crisp crease along the sleeves and to flatten out the collar tips (which tends to curl in after a couple of washes).

2. Slim Fit is actually slim fitting and not what the brand thinks slim fit is. Most Slim Fit shirts from other brands like Michael Kors, Van Husen, Pierre Cardin, Nautica, etc.. are slim in the shoulders, chest and neck but still fit baggy in the belly and armpit regions. Tommy Hilfiger Slim Fit fits like a Slim Fit should-slim throughout the torso and sleeves. The only issue is the neck on Tommy H’s Slim Fits tend to be much smaller than the stated size so I always size up from a 15 neck to a 15.5 neck to be able to breathe as I should during my 9 to 5 day.

3. Colors are awesome! Tommy gives you great color choices that you only see on Brooks Brothers and Thomas Pink brands. There are a couple shades of Blue, the rare and most coveted Frosted Lilac/Lavender color, and at least two Whites that I own alongside a couple of Patterned shirts.

4. Fabric Quality is Impressive as well. The Non-Iron shirts has a silky sheen that feels great when worn and resist staining and wrinkling during wear. The 100% cotton material is a light to mid-weight weave that is very breathable without being tissue paper thin. Great for three season Spring Summer Autumn wear. It is also more stain resistance as well compared to the basic shirts that you have to iron. I have found the collar and cuffs don't have dirt/oil rings around them after wear compared to the regular cotton shirts.

5. These are fast drying shirts when you do a line dry. They will dry in an hour or two (less in the sun) when hung out to dry in a warm room.

NEGATIVES-
Not really much to complain about. I think these shirts are AWESOME but if you MUST nitpick:

1. Collar Point doesn’t keep shape and will curl up if you are not careful. They do have collar stays (the cheap plastic ones) but there is this unnecessary frame-stitching around the collar that leaves a ¼ of an inch gap between where the collar stays’ pockets end and where the point of the collar is (hard for me to explain but if you ever worn a business shirt then you should understand me). The result of this is the collar points tend to curl inwards after a few wash cycles. I remedied this by removing the collar stays completely and just steam pressing the collar flat taking great care not to burn the collar tips and collar stitching. This keeps the collar pointy between the hours of 9 and 4ish. By contrast if you look at a pricier shirts then you will see their shirt collars are stitch-less where the collar stay pockets go all the way to very tip end of the collar!

2. Pricing is all over the map! Here on Amazon you can buy the same shirt from $30 to $70 depending on what size you wear. I bought my all shirts elsewhere where you can buy them anywhere from $19 at a local discount designer store to $42 at your department store like Macy’s or Lords Taylor. Not sure why the pricing is like this for a shirt. You would think these were old rare print comic books or something of collectible value!
3. I realize a lot of big guys can’t wear Slim Fits and usually end up buying these shirts not knowing what they are buying. So if you have a belly or Rugby Player build then stay away from Slim Fits or rather you can just size up from your normal size.
4. Tommy Hilfiger seem to only do some colors and patterns exclusively in Slim Fit and other colors and patterns exclusively in Regular Fit. I’ve seen lots of Regular Fit options that I would have loved to wear but I can’t wear Regular Fit on my slim frame.

Ion Audio iPA77 Tailgater Portable Bluetooth Speaker PA System with Microphone, AM/FM Radio, and USB Charge Port (Current Model)
Price: $119.00
67 used & new from $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Bluetooth Speaker for a Backyard or Boat Party!, June 13, 2016
The is one of the BEST Bluetooth Speaker you can buy today that would work for a backyard or house party. Period!

PROS:
Battery Life is ALL WEEK long! It is so good that I wonder if I open it up if it would be all battery inside. You do not need to plug this thing in once it is fully charged. Our party started at noon and it was full bars all day for the battery until 11:00 pm when it went down by 1 bar. I think it is rated up to 50 hours battery life.
Sound Quality is GREAT! Apart from the average FM/AM signal which varies depending on where you live the Bluetooth and aux in sound is excellent. I have streamed SiriusXM, YouTube and iTunes from my iPad Mini 4 to the Tailgater and it was loud and clear for our large backyard (100 feet by 70 feet) party with 50 guests. The Tailgater’s secret is it uses its own master volume independent of the source volume. This means you can combine the volume of your iPad, or source, with the master volume of the Tailgater for louder sound. The downside of this is when you use the Microphone, which has its own independent volume control, it can get confusing which volume to turn down and which volume to turn up. That said it is not going to give you night club beach rave loudness but enough for a back yard or house party with 30 to 50 guests lounging.
Set Up and Portability is great! This will fit in any car from Smart Car sized to Escalade XLT size. There is no cigarette 12V power cord in the kit so you will want to buy your own or you will want to buy a car that has the three prong outlet. That said the battery life once charge should last you all day sun up to sun down of continuous play or several days of off and on use! The unit also has grip handles on the side as well as a cradle-tray on the top to hold your iPad Mini4 or 8” sized Tablet device. There is no microphone holder so you will have to carry the Mic in your pocket and it is a big Mic!

CONS:
None really but if you want to nitpick:
The Microphone cord is not that long and I wish the Microphone was cordless. This would be cool but the obvious trade off of a wireless Mic system would be shorter battery life. I’m pretty sure you can buy your own Microphone and use so this is a fixable nitpick.
You can use this for Karaoke since the Microphone system has an independent input and volume control to the Music. However you can’t combine the Mic with the FM/AM. The Mic only works with the Bluetooth/Aux-In. This is why I think a wireless Mic would be cool for a Karaoke type set up where you can have your performers not have to stand directly adjacent to the Tailgater.
That said if you Karaoke is that important for what your needs are then you would be better off buying a specific Karaoke device and not this “general” Bluetooth Speaker.
Another nitpick about the Microphone is the volume can get confusing. To use the Mic you need to turn up Mic Volume above half-way, turn down Master Volume to half-way or lower. HOWEVER if you want to do Karaoke or use the Microphone over music at the same time you have to turn up Mic Volume to half way or higher, turn up Master Volume to exactly half way and turn up the volume at the source (your iPad, etc…) to maximum loudness. It took me a while to find a sweet spot for this to work but in the end it was what worked for me.
Basically I wanted to which my daughter a happy birthday on the Microphone while Steve Wonder’s Happy Birthday Song was playing off the Music Source. I wanted the guest to hear both my voice and the music. It worked perfectly!
Price on Amazon is higher than I’ve seen these selling for in local discount stores. I’m sure the Tailgater (even though it is made in China like the rest) is above and beyond those other kits in quality but if money is short you can get these as cheap as $50 in your hood. Also if you don’t need a Microphone then you can get one very cheap.

Stacy Adams Men's Kordell Oxford
Stacy Adams Men's Kordell Oxford
Price: $64.99 - $100.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not your Uncle's Gators! These shoes are for the business crowd!, May 18, 2016
I've been wearing these shoes for a week waiting and looking for any flaw or weakness to appear! Being not really familiar with this brand other than the cheap gaudy patent pleather gators my uncles wore back in the 1990's Zoot Suit resurgence era (just Google "Stacy Adams shoes" and you will get an eye full) I wasn't expecting positives from the Kordell beyond the low price.

Out of the box these shoes smell like factory chemicals. It is really potent and intense but after a few days of wear the smell goes away (or maybe I've gotten used to it and my olfactory receptors just ignore it). In the store I noticed the Kordell Cognac Color has that handmade "finger print" effect where every shoe looks slightly different in terms of the color and hue. For me this is good because it lends a genuine and rich look to the leather. Although you won't smell any hint of leather underneath the chemical odors. So I went thru a couple of pairs before I found the right hue that matched my belt.

So after a week of wearing these shoes I did not encounter any meaningful negatives or reasons not to buy these shoes. In fact I really, really like them. For the price these are great looking, comfortable and durable business shoes. I took one star off because of the factory chemical smell that diminishes after a week or so wearing them.
Here is my take:

POSITIVES:

- Durable leather uppers. Held up well to rain water, minor scuffs and flexing. probably one of the best quality leather shoes I've worn in the sub $80 range.
- Good out soles. I initially thought they were black but under direct sunlight they are a dark brown - which I prefer.
- Comfortable foot bed. Great for walking. I usually insert my own insoles for comfort but below that the soles are a nice flexible shock absorbent rubber. Which may not look as good as leather or wood but is very comfortable.
- I love the closed-tongue oxford style lacing. Most shoes in this budget tend to go cheap on the lacing but here the laces and lacing system is quality.
-Stylish. I've been getting many compliments on these. Compared to Cole Haans and Kenneth Cole and Aston Grey the quality of the design surpasses those brands. In the end you get a clean cut oxford dress shoe nothing more and nothing less. This is a great thing.
-Price - I paid $50 with a sale coupon but the retail of $69 to $79 for these is awesome! You will get better comfort and just as good, if not better, quality than pricier brands like Kenneth Cole, Aldo, Aston Grey, etc...

NEGATIVES:
- These shoes smell like factory chemicals. Not sure if is the glue or leather curing but it is potent smell that remains strong on your nostrils days to weeks after you start wearing these shoes. The first couple of days it was overbearing to be in an enclosed, un-vented space, while wearing these shoes. During the first 6 months of owning these shoes you may want to stay clear of babies, elevators, public buses, airplanes and drive with your car windows down .
- The upper leather is not a flexible as other shoes. While the soles are comfortable and flexible the upper leather is stiff and unyielding. After a week I still haven't broken them in. Oxford style shoes by design (close tongue lacing) are not meant for comfort so I would have wanted the leather to be a little bit more soft and pliant.
- These Kordell shoes are not very breathable. Again oxfords by design (closed tongue lacing) are not the most breathable shoes so I didn't expect Crocs-level of breath-ability here but the stiff rigid leather on these Kordell shoes do not help.
-Because the Kordell's heel and outsole are rubber the heels get dusty easier that wood or leather bottom shoes. After a day or two of dry weather commute into work I find that I have to wipe them off with a damp paper towel to restore the gloss.

Amazon Video
Amazon Video
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, April 27, 2016
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
Very good! Show clear and streams smooth. Don't like that even with Prime you still have to pay for certain movies and shows though.

Penguin Instant Shine Sponge
Penguin Instant Shine Sponge
Offered by Jwongboutique
Price: $11.00

5.0 out of 5 stars New Shoes In An Instant! No Joke!, April 26, 2016
This review is from: Penguin Instant Shine Sponge
I discovered this amazing product while looking to buy new oxford brogue business shoes at my local shoe store. I was actually wearing the very rain/sun faded dusty chestnut brown Gordon Rush oxfords I wanted to replace.

While in the store I decided on a whim to try out the Brown Shine Sponge sample kit that they had out on the sales floor.

Needless to say I walked out the store wearing my same old Gordon Rush oxfords that were now looking brand new and shiny. I also had three of these sponge kits in my shopping bag. My old shoes were so new looking again I didn't even have to buy new shoes!

The sponge also made the dusty heel look black, shiny and new again. The bottom soles and insoles were still good on my old Gordon Rush oxfords so all I need was to restore some shine and color to the vamp and toe cap and quarter sections of my shoes. This $5 Sponge kit did that in seconds. I now keep one at home, one in my car and one at my office.

It's comical that I get complimented on the results of this product and not really the product since my co-workers now think I buy new shoes every day.

The only thing I would criticize is if you shine your shoes hard then you will get more like 60 good shines out of this and not really 100. After 60 days/60 shines of using a single sponge once once a day (I shine my entire shoe front to back thoroughly) it gradually became harder and harder to get a full polish out of the sponge. It slowly dries up as you go along. So it is not a sharp cut off at 100 shines, like the kit states, but more like after 60 or 80 shines it will slowly fade out depending on how you shine. If you just shine the toe cap and part of the vamp then you can get 100 shines easily with 80 being the decline of max shine. If you do the entire shoe from toe cap to back line like me then you will get 80 shines or less with 60 being the decline of max shine.

Good product for $5!

Nuby Two-Handle Flip N' Sip Straw Cup, 8 Ounce, Colors May Vary
Nuby Two-Handle Flip N' Sip Straw Cup, 8 Ounce, Colors May Vary
Price: $5.99
46 used & new from $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Smells like sewage inside after a few hours of holding fresh purified baby water!, April 25, 2016
This was an interesting idea to have a sippy cup where our 10 month old daughter could have the choice to not lift the cup up and just sip from the straw. Also the flip cap is still a good idea for keeping the sipper clean since babies throw everything on the ground.
However, this cup’s success is also its downfall. In the quest for the perfect sippy cup this cup resulted in having way too many parts to clean and the instructions tell us that we cannot sterilize it (nor can you put it in a dishwasher). Also if your baby is eating food whiles sipping from this cup then your will find food gets stuck in the sipper and the straw easily. But getting it out is hard. It is almost like a one way trap door for food particles.
So on top of a days’ worth of Dr Brown bottles (with bottle parts) to wash you also have to dissemble this sippy cup and brush out all the crevices and parts. That is the price you pay for having the ultimate of all sippy cups but what really bothered me was the smell this cup would develop from having fresh baby water inside of it during the course of the day.
It smells like sewer water inside if you leave it sitting around your home or car during the day (in or out of sunlight). That really bothered me. Our Day Care professional told us that she sees this all this time in baby cups that have a certain type of plastic. As an Environmental Science person I understand that smells are a sure sign that bacteria is present. And I now only use this cup for water that is changed daily and I always refrigerate it and do not give it to the baby when she is eating at the same time.
However I won’t be buying another one of these. With all the complications that enter your life alongside a new baby having one more thing to clean and worry about is not cool.

BMW 323i 325i 328i 330i 335i 335Xi Genuine Factory OEM 82110399145 Windshield Sunshade 2006 - 2012
Offered by TheBMWPartsSource
Price: $49.95
5 used & new from $49.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality Kit At a Steep Price! Comes inside a fancy Sleeve Holder Case!, April 8, 2016
My sunshade actually came with a leather pouch that match my car's oyster grey-white leather interior! I wasn't expecting that!

POSITIVES:

Very Cool- Keeps your front passenger area cool when the sun is out.

Hard Rigid Material - It will not lose shape and flop around or fall down in your car.

Folds Up Easy - The hard material is not floppy so when it's time to take it down the kit folds up easy.

Comes With a Matching Leather Case - I guess that is where most of the $50 this kit costs is spent on.

Silver Metallic White/Grey color – does well to reflect away the heat.

NEGATIVES:

-I don't like the 'B M W' logo across the front of it. It just attracts all the wrong attention if some vandal is looking to mess-with or break-into random cars. The underside is black and a felt/suede-like material so you can't really reverse it either.

-There is no option to mount this to your windshield with suction cups or clips so you have to flip down your sun visors every time you put up the shade in order for the shade to stay up. If you are like me a store a lot of stuff on your sun visors (like spare car keys, cash and insurance/registration documents) then you will need to relocate them.
-EXPENSIVE – The price is worth it but there is no way this Made In China kit costs a penny more than $20 USD to manufacture, market, ship and stock. So $50 to $80 retail is insane! And if that markup in price is due to the leather holder sleeve then I would be happier without the sleeve and with the $30 in my pocket.
-Non-Transferable between BMWs. These shades are tailored to one specific model (even models within the same Series) so if you own multiple BMW cars (like most of us enthusiasts) then you have to buy a shade for each car.

BOTTOM LINE: Asking $50 is steep BUT over the last 12 years of owning BMWs I’ve spent $50 on cheap brand Auto Shop shades that didn’t work or didn’t last beyond a season. This BMW kit is quality enough to last more than 12 years. Too bad I can’t transfer it between cars.

Newest Electromagnetic car parking sensor with led display and buzzer
Newest Electromagnetic car parking sensor with led display and buzzer
Offered by RocFly
Price: $15.00
2 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Been using since 2008 on my BMW 330i! Great Kit!, April 8, 2016
I have been using this on my 2001 BMW 330i since 2008 to now (2016) and it has worked great for parking in the tight New York City streets and parking at home where I back into a stone wall. I have a couple of videos showing the kit in action on YouTube from 2009 that you will find if you search for BMW 2001 330i rear parking sensor.
The trick to getting success out of this is in the installation. Once installed properly and you didn’t get a faulty kit it will work flawlessly. The application of this kit is limited. It will not work if you have a metal bumper or large metal components inside your bumper that will contact the sensor strip. Also (and this is usually ignored by people that don’t read) you have to install the strip at certain height FROM the ground and not from the bottom of the bumper for it to work properly. If the sensor strip is too low then it will be overly sensitive. If it is too high then it will most likely only sense taller SUVs or walls that you are reversing into. Also my kit recommended that you wrap as much sensor tape along the bumper - try to go wheel well to wheel well all around the back and rear-side of the bumper. When reversing at an angle especially when parallel parking this will improve the reading of objects behind and to the side of the car. My strip also picked up the curb which saved me from getting rim rash.

That being said you HAVE TO CONSIDER THE HEIGHT AND SHAPE of your bumper before and when you install the sensor tape. Because of this it will NOT work with certain cars if the bumpers are too low or too high from the ground. If your bumper curves a lot then you need to place the strip at the most outer peak of the curve so that the sensor is closest to the space you are reversing into.

To complete installation you also NEED TO INSULATE the sensor tape from water and the metal inside your car’s rear end. I found that duct tape and electrical tape to be non-sufficient against water and heat in the long term. It may not seem like it buy water does get inside your bumper area thru several ways. Also heat from your exhaust system will keep things hot around the sensor tape. I found the BEST INSULATION to be automotive silicone gel paste. It is a gooey black rubbery sticky paste that dries quickly and can be peeled off later on if you need to remove or replace the strip. This is a paste that is used in automobile factories around the insides of door and windows to seal out moisture and water . So it will work the same for the sensor strip. It is also non-conducting so it will also keep magnetic and metallic interference away from the strip.

Now the NEGATIVES!!!!

Really Cheap Wiring for the tap in connections - I opted to snake the wiring thru the trunk lid rubber-tube-firewall and tapped into the actual location of my reverse tail lamp bulbs found inside the trunk lid of most BMWs. The rubber tube flexes and extends whenever opening and closing the trunk and as a result I’ve had issues where the tap in wiring from the kit broke from flexing and un-flexing when I used the trunk. The happened during the cold winter months. I finally just decided to tap into the reverse tail lamp wiring inside the trunk lining-which can be tedious to find. That said the tap-in wiring of this reverse sensor kit is very cheap and thin (like old school speaker wires that you could break with your fingers) relative to the standard quality of automotive wiring.

Over all I think for $15 this is a quality 'enough' kit that will work for years and years when installed properly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20