Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Olaf Johnson > Reviews

Browse

Olaf Johnson's Profile

Customer Reviews: 181

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Olaf Johnson RSS Feed (Anchorage, AK 99505)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer
Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer
26 used & new from $235.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Washer for baby clothes but use a wrench to tighten connectors!, August 20, 2015
We had big leakage out the back and at the inlet connector during the first wash but once a proper wrench was used to tighten connectors with thread seal tape there was no more leakage. We are only using this for our newborn clothes and burp clothes. This is a slight and most delicate machine so if you plan on washing heavy denim jeans, winter coats and shoes or you are using it every day then dont expect a long life out of this machine.

The added BONUS is the spin cycle takes about 80% to 90% of the water out the clothes so you dont really need a drier if you can spare 8 hours for line dry. Again we are only washing baby clothes so if you are washing heavy fabrics expect different results.

Over all for the price this is a great product..

Dockers Men's Alpha On The Go Pant, Light Buff, 32x32
Dockers Men's Alpha On The Go Pant, Light Buff, 32x32
Price: $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars These James Bond Alpha pants are NOT your father's Khakis!, August 15, 2015
When I tried these on at my local Macy's I thought they would be GREAT hiking pants!

They have a stretchy durable water repelling/quick drying fabric, with hidden cargo pockets, hidden draw cords, and zippered back pockets.

NOTE: Some of the other colors in this same style on the Docker's website are 100% non-stretch cotton. Only the colors here on Amazon are of the thin stretchy fabric. I think this is why some buyers who were expecting thick canvas cotton Khakis negatively reviewed these.

However once I bought them I realized they were too nice looking to get dirty on the trail so I've been wearing them around town all summer.
I got all three colors but the Light Buff is my most worn and favourite of the lot. Simply because it goes with more of the lighter pastel colors that I wear during the summer. The army green and blue grey colors can work in the Fall, post-Labour Day, season.

I can't really review these because if you like the traditional rigid cotton Khaki's that fit baggy and loose then you won't like these pants at all. If you wear a lot of slim/skinny jeans and you normally hate Khakis then you would love these.

The sad thing is Dockers tend to release a great item and never release them again. So I am back here to buy another one of these in all the colors.
Reason being is the thinness of the fabric makes me suspicious that these Alphas On The Go won't last long especially since I'm wearing them every chance I get. They fit really great.

Just remember DO NOT wash these like you do your regular cotton Khakis (hot water/fabric softeners/bleach/hot dry)!!!!

Use only ice cold wash with powdered detergents. Don't use fabric softeners and do either a cool tumble dry of a hang line dry to get the best life span out of the fabric.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2015 9:34 PM PDT

G Star Men's Dash III Avery Fashion Sneaker,White Canvas,11 M US
G Star Men's Dash III Avery Fashion Sneaker,White Canvas,11 M US
Offered by DesignerStudioStore
Price: $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes once you ditch the crappy laces and get all white cotton laces!, August 15, 2015
Comfortable compared to other brands that do the same styles (Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, Penguin).
I ended up buying two pairs because I like the look of these and the wear really well with tapered and skinny slim jeans.

A bonus I found is that they are easy to clean and the white canvas and rubber rand doesn't get dirty as easily as one would think.

My only gripe is these Avery Dash III come with the worst shoe laces ever. They are like a waxed nylon fabric, really long, thin and in a dirty white shade beige color that do not match the look and color of the shoes. I ended up getting all white cotton laces from a local shoe store and they look sharp.

I'm also not sure why these are still selling for over $60 online when most local shops sell these between $20 and $40 on sale.

I'm actually looking for the leather versions of these right now so I can have something for the North East Fall/Winter wardrobe.

Under Armour Men's Tottenham Hotspur 14/15 Home Replica Shorts Small Cadet
Under Armour Men's Tottenham Hotspur 14/15 Home Replica Shorts Small Cadet
Offered by Soccerest
Price: $31.00
2 used & new from $24.46

5.0 out of 5 stars These are fitted so size up for a normal fit or expect a slim fit., August 8, 2015
Geat shorts from last year season. I'm 5'8" tall 150lbs with a 32" waist and the size L fits me fine. I could have fit a medium perfectly if I intended for a slim fit or to use these for playing the sport. But the large fits great for basic lounge wear shorts. The best way to describe the fit of these is the size large would be the same fit and cut as Nike/Adidas Basketball style shorts in a medium. Though the inseam is still much shorter (slightly above the knee) the leg openings are wide.

Mademoiselle Chambon
Mademoiselle Chambon
DVD
Price: $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film., August 1, 2015
Really great movie that does romance in a subtle grown up fashion. This story is similar to Bridges of Madison County in that it shows both sides of extramarital romance; the deep rooted attraction to a stranger versus the responsibility of family. M.Chambon doesn't explain a whole lot in it's story. The romance happens and we see the characters reaction after words.

DKNY Jeans Men's Mini Ripstop Trouser Short, Frost Gray, 32
DKNY Jeans Men's Mini Ripstop Trouser Short, Frost Gray, 32
Price: $17.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slim fit & light weight material, July 14, 2015
I just tossed out a bunch of old cargo shorts to buy clean looking trouser shorts and these are the best so far. The inseam is perfect at 10 inches but because they wear slim it doesn't seem long at all. The leg openings are also not wide but has a hint of that tapered looked. The "Frost Grey" color is also just right for the summer and doesn't make the mistake of looking too 'smoot gray' (dark). The pockets could be deeper but are deep enough for basic wallets and keys without looking puffy.
For the price these are a great buy.

Sebago Men's Captain Oxford,Tan Burnished,9.5 M US
Sebago Men's Captain Oxford,Tan Burnished,9.5 M US
Offered by ShoesontheWeb
Price: $52.56
7 used & new from $52.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and comfort but sizing is way off and not too breathable!, July 12, 2015
Very comfortable and fit is excellent. I normally wear assize 10.5 to 11 USA men's and the size 10 in this fits loose so I inserted an extra insole to fill it out. Ideally I could size down to a 9.5 USA mens for an exact fit. In fact I may do that because these shoes are not that breathable and the extra insoles seems to make my feet sweat more than I'd like.

The leather quality and stitching is really great! In fact Tommy Hilfiger makes an identical shoe called the Tommy Hilfiger Men's Dathan Fashion Sneaker that is sub par to these Captain Oxfords. Tommy uses thinner (or faux) leather and cheap stitching. Both shoes were in the same store I bought my Captain's in so I got a first hand experience comparing the two shoes.

That said these loafers are great for quality and comfort but the sizing is way off and don't expect them to be too breathable.

Levis Men's Stan Buck Fashion Sneaker, Charcoal/Brown, 10 M US
Levis Men's Stan Buck Fashion Sneaker, Charcoal/Brown, 10 M US
Price: $30.04
6 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes! Way better than Converse!, July 12, 2015
Saw these at a local discount store and tried them on. I wasn't too sure what to make of them at first since they basically look like imitation Converse Chuck Taylors. However, the price at $20 and initial fit and comfort is what sold me. After two weeks on wearing them during July
around NYC I've found these to be better for fit, comfort, quality, and price than any Converse sneakers I've owned in the past.

In fact these Levi's Stan Bucks reminded me of the original MADE IN USA Chuck Taylors that sold for $20-$30 back in the 1980s/1990s before Nike took over Converse raised prices of shoes and moved manufacturing to China.

The quality is much better. Stitching is precise, the fabric and rubber are put together very well (no glue smears or loose threads). I also find the rubber soles and toe rand doesn't get dirty or wear down as quickly as Converse.

With regards to price: for $20 to $30 these shoes are a steal. I honestly feel Levi's could sell these for $70 to $100 and at that price it would be a bargain.

The comfort is way better than Converse Chucks. I can walk all day in these with or without socks and I have cool dry feet even on the hottest day. The foot bed is actually a foot bed with arch support and not a flat canvas sheet-glues-to- rubber outsole combo that Converse employs on their Chucks. So you don't have that bare feet feeling with these Levi's that you normally get from wearing Chucks. Also the rubber toe rand cap is tailored wider than Chucks so there should be no hard rubbing against your toes.

Fit is also exact for the size and Levi's include half sizes for a better fit. Converse tends to fit big with little access to half sizes for many shoes. Here it is easy to get an exact fit.

At the end of the day you can't go wrong for the price. In fact I am so impressed I came online to buy at least another pair of these which is why I am here.

Quality HID Xenon Low Beam Headlight Replacement Bulbs by Kensun - (Pack of two bulbs) - D2S - 5000K
Offered by Kensun
Price: $28.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality lamps! Amazing price!, June 13, 2015
Very good quality lamps! I just replaced the original Philips DS2 in my 2001 BMW 330i.
I believe those were the original factory bulbs that came with the car and they lasted 15 years.
I was looking to get the same Philips DS2 that cost much more than these Kensun bulbs but the
Amazon reviews were better on these bulbs. So my choice was based on reviews before the price.

After two weeks of usage I am pleased to say that these 5000k Kensun's are a great replacement to the factory standard.
They appear brighter on the road than the slight-yellowish 4000k factory HIDs. The bulbs themselves look pure white in the lens
with a slight-blue tint. My car is topaz blue so it is a great match.
I've had them in my car for two weeks and I have had no issues what so ever. The BMW E46 Xenon HID low
beam replacement is really easy, requiring no tools at all, and foolproof, requiring absolutely no technical skills or knowledge.
The BMW and Luxury car dealerships charge over $1,000 to replace bulbs and diagnose lighting issues. Do it yourself in mere minutes with these Kensun bulbs and save yourself the money, hassle and time.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Only works on 9/2001+ facelift BMW E46 3 series, June 11, 2015
7/25/2015 EDIT: This ONLY works with the newer 9/2001 E46/ 3 Series BMW cars and I assume the later years after 2001 BMW vehicles. The seller offers NO refunds but refuse to properly list what cars this part will work with. I would have NOT made this purchase had I known this information. Even with the correct 9/2001 module I could not get it coded for my car. It is easier to get your insurance company to replace your windshield at the BMW dealership instead of Safelite (which uses aftermarket windshields) so that you can get this part for free as it already comes attached to the BMW OEM windshields.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: If you have an older 1999 to 2001 pre facelift 3 series then you need to upgrade the rain sensor module. This only fits the newer rain sensor modules. Other than that shipping was quick and professional. Everything arrived as described. This is only the hard plastic purple sensor lens and not the actual hardware sensor module so as long as you install it correctly and your sensor works then it will work

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19