Profile for Chris Page > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Page "3dsketchbook.com" RSS Feed (UK)

Thinking Animation: Bridging the Gap Between 2D and CG
Thinking Animation: Bridging the Gap Between 2D and CG
by Angie Jones
Price: $25.79
78 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Day Reference Bible for 2D and 3D Artists, September 7, 2006
I thought it was going to be Richard Williams's style book but it wasn't and in fact im kind of pleased. To me it's more like a book full of wise wisdom and tricks of the trade and really explains things in a clear cut way. If only I had this book when I first started out in the whole learning 3D thing 6 years ago this would have been my bible for deciphering most of the terms and understand what they really mean.

I really like the book has point of views from different people and how they approach their work. A really insightful book and helpful for people who have a 2D background and going to a 3D one, as there are so many terms in 3D that you don't find in 2D e.g. a graph editor and tweaking f curves. For those with a 3D background already I think book will help achieve more from their 3D animation.

This book would have really helped me a lot when I was do my dissertation called as it covers nearly every aspect I was talking about and would have saved me time, it was even helpful to see where Angie and Jamie had referenced there information from too.

All in all I think for some people as soon as they see too much text it might put them off as after all animators/creative are visual people. But on the other hand if your passionate enough and want to learn from the best or knowledge that's been past down from animator to animator its a worthy buy and for me its been a worthy buy - a book fully loaded with knowledge and wisdom, what more could you want, its like having the best animator sitting right next to you.