Profile for Elizabeth S. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 104

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Elizabeth S. "elizh77" RSS Feed (High Point, NC USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Fisher-Price Easy Link Internet Launch Pad
Fisher-Price Easy Link Internet Launch Pad
Offered by MEGA ToyLand
Price: $9.99
68 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, January 3, 2008
My four and a half year old loves to play on the computer. I had set up some links for him under the Favorites menu, but he always managed to go into areas that I didn't like. He was discovering cartoons that were too old for him, was exposed to too many commerical images, etc. The more savvy he was getting, the more I was really having to buckle down on his Internet usage.

Then my grandmother got him this for Christmas. At first, I was concerned that this would be too young for him, but it's not! He loves having something that's just for him, and it's easy to navigate. The software installs a browser that's just for him, and it doesn't allow him to stray from the character website. There's also a password protection that keeps him in the browser and out of my email, etc. You can also set printing limits. There are little arrow keys on the unit that allow the child to play games instead of having to use the buttons on the keyboard since some games require that instead of the mouse.

It is also simple to install. You simply plug the docking station into a USB port, and then run the software CD. That's it. To start it up, you just click the appropriate link on the shortcut menu, put in the desired character "key," then go.

According to the Fisher Price website, there's more Disney keys on the way, like Cars, Handy Manny, Princess, Higglytown, etc. Of course, my son would love SpongeBob, but I doubt that will happen! But it would be good to see something like another age level up of character keys so that it can grow with him.

Just a note - Target stores have a lot of toys on clearance right now, and I picked up the Bob the Builder/Thomas and Wiggles/Barney keys for $2.98 per pack!

SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis
SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis
DVD ~ Tom Kenny
Offered by Clyde Parks
Price: $7.92
47 used & new from $0.95

4.0 out of 5 stars My 4 year old enjoys this, November 26, 2007
In the eyes of my 4 (almost 5) year old, this is a homerun. Not that he has a high threshold, especially for SpongeBob, but he really enjoyed this "movie." It's pretty typical SpongeBob in terms of the level of silliness, and it seems to be a hit with the target audience of children. If your child likes SpongeBob, then he or she should like this movie.

Plot-wise, SpongeBob finds the missing half of a special Atlantis coin, and when the pieces are joined, a special van arrives to take SpongeBob et al. to Atlantis. David Bowie voices the leader of the Atlantians, and typical SpongeBob hijinks ensue. If you are okay with your children watching SpongeBob, you won't find anything objectionable here.

In my eyes, I prefer SpongeBob in 15 minute doses. This ran for 45 minutes on TV, but that was with commercials. I was surprised this was billed on Nicklodeon as a TV movie when in actuality, it was quite short. I know there are complaints about Atlantis inconsistencies from mentions in past episodes, but come on, let's not take this too seriously.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I *heart* Pedipeds!, November 15, 2007
If you haven't tried Pedipeds, I strongly recommend them! I first balked at the price - who wants to really pay nearly $30 for baby shoes? - but I'm so glad I did. The best part is that my daughter never kicks these shoes off! Unlike other shoes, the velcro strap comes across the feet right near the ankle instead of in the middle of the foot, thus creating a snug and secure fit. They are well made, and the leather is so soft! Her feet are never sweaty or sticky when I take them off. They are also flexible and super light, which is best for baby feet. None of those heavy stiff soles here!

This is my second pair of Pedipeds for my five month old daughter. The product review says that these shoes may fit small, but I haven't found any issues with this for her feet. If anything, they may be a bit narrow, as she still has a lot of growing room in the toes. They come exactly as they look - black patent leather on top, black leather on the bottom.

Pediped Baby Girls Polka Dot Mary Janes Shoes Giselle Brown - FREE SHIPPING
Pediped Baby Girls Polka Dot Mary Janes Shoes Giselle Brown - FREE SHIPPING

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love..., November 14, 2007
I saw these absolutely adorable shoes in a magazine, and even though I intially balked at the price, I splurged. I am sure glad I did!! My 5 month old has been wearing these for about 2 months, and she has yet to kick them off, so I even bought a pair in patent leather black. They are not only cute and stylish, but they are of very good quality. She has plenty of room in her shoes (we have the XS ones), and they aren't hard and heavy like some of the discount baby shoes. She gets complements on this pair all of the time. I highly recommend Pedipeds!

Fun with Dick and Jane
Fun with Dick and Jane
DVD ~ Jim Carrey
310 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, fun, fast paced movie, December 19, 2006
This review is from: Fun with Dick and Jane (DVD)
Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni star as Dick and Jane, a suburban couple leading what appears to be a great life. Dick works for a large corporation (Globodyne), and once he is promoted to Vice President of Communications, Jane quits her job as a travel agent, as she feels horrible that she can't cook dinner and her son is being raised by their nanny and speaks nearly only Spanish. However, all this runs amuck on Dick's first day in his new position as he goes on a Lou Dobbs/Neal Cavuto-type show, and the company tanks under the leadership of a crooked CEO (Alec Baldwin with a rather annoying Southern accent, but I tend to find most fake Southern accents annoying).

As Dick and Jane start to lose their picture-perfect lifestyle, I just kept thinking about how simiar this plot line was to the collapse of Enron (which was intentional, even though this is a remake), and I kept thinking about the people who actually have gone through this kind of collapse. This kind of empathy makes you really like Dick and Jane, and it's not even that bothersome that they become rather bungling-yet-successful robbers. You still find yourselves rooting for them. In the end, the crooked CEO gets his just desserts, and Dick and Jane come out as silent heros.

At 90 minutes, this movie definitely doesn't drag. It's just a fun, quick movie. It does lean towards the forgettable side, but that doesn't matter, I enjoyed myself while I watched it. Jim Carrey does his usual antics, but they aren't too over the top, but I did find myself once wishing he would just get on to the next line. Tea Leoni is perfect for this role but plays a character similar to other characters she's played (think her mom role in The Family Man).

My favorite part of the movie was actually part of the credits. Make sure that you watch the very start of the credits, as they give thanks to some real life individuals and situations that definitely inspired this version of the movie.

Just sit back and enjoy this one. Don't expect a life changing movie. Just enjoy it for what it is- 90 minutes of fun entertainment.

Uniden EXI4246 2.4 GHz Extended Range Compact Cordless with Caller ID/Call Waiting

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, but looks a bit strange on the wall, December 16, 2006
I recently puchased this phone to replace an older Uniden cordless phone. I've been overall pleased with Uniden phones in our home, so I didn't hesitate to buy this one, especially since I was having a difficult time finding a white phone in this price range that didn't have an answering machine.

I'm pleased with the quality of the reception. I've had none of the clicking or static that other reviewers have experienced. The sound is rather clear. For example, my husband called me today from his cell phone in rural upstate Michigan, and the reception from the Uniden phone was excellent. The ring volume and tone is good and is not annoying.

My only complaint about the phone is that although it's made to go on a wall, it does look a bit strange. I bought this phone for my kitchen, and the wall mount is rather high up on the wall (about 6 feet). The phone base is small, so it doesn't cover the entire mount like my old Uniden did. As a result, I can only attach the phone to the top hook on the mount and not both mounting hooks, so I have to make sure that it stays straight manually. Also, it actually sits in the cradle, so the phone base juts out from the wall. It's not a hazard in our house, but it is visually taking some adjustment and could be a problem if your mount is lower on the wall.

Also, my last Uniden phone came with a normal phone cord and a short phone cord for wall mounting. Note that this phone does not come with the short cord.

**UPDATE** - We've now had this phone for about 4 months, and I can't wait to get rid of it. If I talk on it for more than a few minutes, the sound in receiver goes almost all the way out so that I can't hear the other person talking. Then it will come back, go out, etc. We love our other Uniden phone, but we're definitely getting rid of this ASAP.

First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test, 1-Count Boxes (Pack of 2)
First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test, 1-Count Boxes (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The brand I always use!, December 6, 2006
I started using this brand because of the whole "five days sooner" ads. I was pregnant in the spring, and I took advantage of the early testing period, and it showed a very, very faint pink line. As it got closer to my period, subsequent tests showed a darker pink line. Nature took an unfortunate turn a few weeks later, but thankfully, I ended up having to use these tests again in early fall. I experienced the same faint pink lines that grew darker as time went by, and now I'm expecting in June!

These are very simple to use- just take out of the wrapper, put it in the urine stream, then put the protective tip on the end. I have found that positive results don't usually take the entire 5 minute wait unless you are testing very early. I've never had an evaporation line with any negative test from First Response.

I definitely like getting these in multi-pack boxes!! Don't get just one-you will be too tempted to test again regardless of the result.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use; very accurate, December 6, 2006

Disney Pixar Cars Series 1 Original Lizzie 1:55 Scale Die Cast Car
Disney Pixar Cars Series 1 Original Lizzie 1:55 Scale Die Cast Car
Offered by Cool Japan Hobby Market All Item is JAPAN QUALITY
Price: $39.99
14 used & new from $34.84

2.0 out of 5 stars Good toy but watch the price!!, December 6, 2006
These are great little toys, and my three year old is obsessed with them! He's getting most of them for Christmas, but we've already bought him a few. They're die cast, so they are a good weight, but note that some of them have plastic pieces as well.

Even though I like these toys, I'm only giving them two stars. This is a horrible price!! I honestly bought Sally today at my local K-Mart, and it was on sale for $2.89 (normally $3.19). Now I know when items are scarce and in high demand their price goes up, but this is a crazy markup. I understand that this is a third party seller, but Amazon should note with their sellers that there is a difference between mark up for high demand toys and rip offs. I have purchased Chick Hicks ($9.50) and Lizzie ($5.00) off of eBay, but I've been able to find the rest of the cars at my local Targets, Wal-Marts, K-Marts, etc. It takes time and searching, but it beats paying these prices!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2006 11:06 AM PST

Disney Pixar Cars Series 1 Original Sally 1:55 Scale Die Cast Car
Disney Pixar Cars Series 1 Original Sally 1:55 Scale Die Cast Car
Offered by Fun Family Toys
Price: $28.95
9 used & new from $21.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Great cars at rip off prices, December 6, 2006

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2006 12:55 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11