Profile for History Teacher And Jefferson Reader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

History Teacher And Jefferson Reader RSS Feed (Virginia, USA)

Thomas Jefferson
Thomas Jefferson
by R. B. Bernstein
55 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Honest Opinion, October 15, 2003
This review is from: Thomas Jefferson (Hardcover)
Out of fairness, I feel compelled to tell everyone this. As a history teacher and Jefferson reader, I immediately inhale each new book about Thomas Jefferson that comes out, and have just finished R.B. Bernstein's "Thomas Jefferson". Once again I come away thinking that this is another commendable book like the others. However, once again, I still come away thinking that the book by Norman Thomas Remick (West Point:..Thomas Jefferson), though not a full blown biography, is, because of just that, uniquely the only one that ever brought the mind and heart of Thomas Jefferson into clear focus to me. That's my honest opinion. But don't get me wrong. I fully enjoyed Mr. Bernstein's book and I do recommend it to you.

Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done
Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done
by Larry Bossidy
Price: $18.12
1302 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ability To Get Things Done, March 16, 2003
I know men in the ranks who are going to stay in the ranks. Why? I'll tell you why. Simply because they haven't the ability to get things done*. It's as simple as that. Reading the wonderful book, "Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done" by Larry Bossidy, et al, is a good first start --- a must. Then I, as one whose career (and salary) has rocketed, recommend that you do what I did and go on to read *Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends...", and Norman Thomas Remick's "West Point: Character Leadership Education...". As an adjunct to "Execution", the Carnegie book gives great, easy-to-understand practical anecdotes, while the Remick book gives a great, easy-to-understand education on the philosophical values behind the former two books.

A Mind at a Time
A Mind at a Time
by Mel Levine
661 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Grateful For The Book, And The Advice, August 22, 2002
This review is from: A Mind at a Time (Hardcover)
What a great book "A Mind At A Time" by Mel Levine is. I recommend it to everyone. And, I am grateful for the good advice from another reader/teacher (from California, May 27, 2002) who not only sang the praises of "A Mind At A Time" but also recommended "West Point": Character Leadership Education..." by Remick. Having now read both books, I am grateful to Mr. Levine and Mr. Remick, and grateful for the advice.