Profile for Gail Cooke > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 467

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gail Cooke RSS Feed (TX, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (COMMUNITY FORUM 04)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Tensmate 12 Mode Combo Massager for Pain Relief & Muscle Performance FDA Approved with Belt, Gloves & Socks TENS+EMS
Offered by DimpleChild
Price: $64.99

4.0 out of 5 stars SMALL MASSAGER = BIG RELIEF, June 29, 2015
As a child I well remember my mom plugging in a heating pad, placing it on my back, and telling me not to move. The difference between that and this Massager is tantamount to the difference between cooking over an open fire and in an electric oven. Glad to say I've outgrown that electric heating pad - sorry to say that from time to time my back still gives out on me. So, what a pleasure it is to have this portable massager that I can take with me do appreciate the small size as I can place it on the exact spot that needs help.

Granted at first I had a bit of trouble with the directions but once that was overcome everything was fine.

Disclosure: This item was provided.

Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer, Hazelnut Table-Top Pump Bottle, 625ml, 21.1 Ounce (Pack of 3)
Price: $26.16
2 used & new from $26.16

5.0 out of 5 stars TASTY ADDITION TO COFFEE, June 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There's so much to like about this coffee creamer - first of all the taste. While the description suggests several pumps one pump (and I drink from a large coffee mug) is plenty for me. It gives my coffee just a hint of hazelnut, and after all you want to enjoy the coffee, not mask the taste.

It nice to have a creamer that can sit on our counter and does not need to be refrigerated. Thank you, Nestle! And. gracias for only 25 calories in one pump.

I should have started counting but did not so can only imagine how many cups of coffee this 21.1 oz. container of creamer will serve - multi, for sure!

Several times I have noticed guests going back for another pump or two simply because they love the Hazelnut flavor - cannot blame them for that! There is nothing artificial about the flavor - simply good tasting freshness.

Very happy to recommend.

Avene Cleanance Expert Emulsion 40ml
Avene Cleanance Expert Emulsion 40ml
Offered by Boxofcolor Europe
Price: $20.90
3 used & new from $20.90

5.0 out of 5 stars CLEANER THAN CLEAN, June 27, 2015
While I've not had any major problems with my complexion with the coming of hot summer months I felt my face needed more than the usual soaping, and this lovely emulsion did the trick.

Of course, my skin felt cleaner than clean without any dryness, but after a week or so pores had perceptibly decreased in size and there were absolutely no signs of any blemishes.

I'm now a believer in going one step further to cleanse and protect my skin.

EmaxDesign® Makeup Brushes Professional 11 Piece Makeup Brush Set Bamboo Handle Foundation Blending Blush Eyeliner Face Liquid Powder Cream Cosmetics Brushes Tool Kit With Breathable Bag
Offered by Emax-Design INC.
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH - EVERY PENNY!, June 26, 2015
Considering the really, really reasonable price I received exactly what I expected and more. The brush handles are attractive and easy to manipulate. The brushes themselves are soft and easy on your skin - everything from the wee eyeliner brush to the kabuki powder brush. Truthfully, there are so many in this kit that I've shared with a friend.

Love the cute orange drawstring tote that they came in.

Now, as long as you're not expecting a really high end set of brushes (read expensive) you'll be delighted. The set would make appreciated graduation or birthday gifts for teens - plenty of brushes so they can experiment with makeup and its application.

Disclosure: This item was provided.

uni-ball Air Rollerball Pen, 3-Pack, Black (1926808)
uni-ball Air Rollerball Pen, 3-Pack, Black (1926808)
Price: $11.85

4.0 out of 5 stars YES AND NO, June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First of all I very much like the distribution of the ink - the way it flows when I write. I also like the depth of the color. What I don't like is the length of time it takes it to dry and the fact that when writing in my spiral notebook the ink bleeds through the page and I'm not able to use the other side of the page. The same goes for my diary.

I like the sleek feel of the pen and will continue to use it, but unfortunately the bulk of my writing is done in a spiral or diary form.

The Fixer
The Fixer
by Joseph Finder
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $28.07
32 used & new from $22.96

5.0 out of 5 stars NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN THIS TALE, June 24, 2015
This review is from: The Fixer (Audio CD)
Caveat first: I’m a huge fan of Joseph Finder’s books, for me his titles are always crisp, fast-paced, timely and totally absorbing. That experience is enhanced by a terrific narration by Steven Kearney (who also read Finder’s Suspicion).

What grabbed me in the beginning was a protagonist, Rick Hoffman, a fellow with whom many of us can identify. He’s not a sharp, muscled private eye but an every day guy who was just laid off from work. Now, it wasn’t work that he particularly enjoyed, but he did need the paycheck. He was writing pieces for a Boston city magazine - articles glorifying the rich and famous. What to do?

His elderly father has been left speechless after a stroke and is now confined to a nursing home. Well, his dad’s house is now empty and Rick needs a roof so he decides to move in. He sees that the house could use a little help, minor renovations. What he finds while improving the space is anything but minor - it’s major, $3 million in cash in a crawl space.

Of course, Rick needs a bit of cash so he spends some of it and begins trying to find out where it came from. His father, of course, is unable to tell him anything. Rick does know that his dad had once been a pretty powerful attorney with some big time clients. But even for a first-rate lawyer 3 million is a bit much in attorney’s fees.

It’s not too long before some pretty shady folks come looking for the cash and Rick.

Never a dull moment in a Finder suspense tale - enjoy!

- Gail Cooke

enKo Products® [12000mAh] Car Jump Starter Power Bank With Battery and Charging System Monitor for Car, Motorboat, Motorcycle , Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop, LED light, SOS
Offered by Pioneer Marketing Products
Price: $58.95
2 used & new from $58.95

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT PRICE SAFETY AND PEACE OF MIND?, June 23, 2015
This item could not have come at a more convenient time. The all service gas station upon which I've depended is no more. If my car needed a jump start the operator would just hop into his pick-up and come over. It saddens me that he's gone, but as I began to look for another all-service gas station in my area I found that they seem to be a vanishing breed. So, with a mite of hesitation since I'm I've never jump started a car before I agreed to test this. Hallelujah!

The instructions are cogent and easy to follow. Before I knew it I was ready not only to jump start my car but also recharge other devices. How comforting to know that I can also recharge my iPhone if need be!

The power bank fits easily into my glove box and that's where it will stay. No more worrying for me when I'm driving out of town. Couldn't put a price tag on the comfort and security I feel thanks to this Power Bank.

Ensure Active Light Nutrition Shake, Milk Chocolate, 8 oz, 24 Count
Ensure Active Light Nutrition Shake, Milk Chocolate, 8 oz, 24 Count
Price: $41.82

3.0 out of 5 stars IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO OPEN, June 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When our primary caregiver suggested that we might benefit from a nutrition drink several years ago he didn't mention a brand so we simply chose one. We've been quite happy with that drink - until we tried Ensure. Our regular drink has a heaviness to it - they do offer another version but that has well over twice as many calories as Ensure Light.

Further, Ensure Light has zero Cholesterol - the other does not. Each bases its Primary Daily Values on a 2,000 calorie diet and Ensure comes out ahead for what we want.

However, and this is a big, huge however - the cap on Ensure is impossible for me to remove. I tried a small test, and after trying six bottles I could not open one. I banged the lids on counter edges and tapped the lids with a hammer - no luck. The Mr. was able to open four of the six and opened the last two with the help of a screwdriver.

Sorry to say that while I'd love to stay with Ensure it doesn't do me any good if I can't open the bottles.

[Top Rated Waterproof Speaker] Ayfee Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker, Rugged IPX6 NFC Bluetooth Waterproof Speakers with 7W Powerful Drive/Passive Bass Radiator for Outdoors and Shower (Light Blue)
Offered by AyfeeDirect
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 HOURS OF PLEASURE ON A SINGLE CHARGE, June 22, 2015
Don't let its size fool you - this speaker is small but it is also powerful. Great bass notes and vocals are crystal clear.

Yes, it is waterproof - love to use the metal hook to hang it in the shower. At last my vocalizing has the big band accompaniment it has always needed! ;-)

The speaker comes in an attractive gift box along with cable and instruction manual. Its built in 1700mAh rechargeable battery gives me up to 8 hours of play on a single charge. It comes in a variety of colors (I opted for blue). The price is certainly reasonable for all the pleasure and convenience it provides.

Happy to recommend.

Disclosure: This item was provided.

Hynes Eagle Simple Designer High Density Canvas Large Vintage Backpack Off to College (Brown)
Offered by Hynes Eagle
Price: $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP OF THE LINE BACKPACK, June 21, 2015
This backpack is a very popular item at our house as it easily suits the Mr., me and son or daughter or granddaughter. We have it in brown, which is a beautiful toasty shade. The canvas is nice and thick. The large interior is suitable for all you need for an overnight or a camping trip. Side pockets sometimes carry our meds, at other times cell phone and accessories, pens, pencils, notebooks, maps, cameras, binoculars or makeup for daughter, whatever you wish.

The large front pack easily accommodates an iPad, a curling iron and more. The straps fit easily over shoulders so its never a burden to carry. It has replaced my carry-on for plane flights.

Quite a reasonable price for a bag of this quality!

Happy to recommend.