Profile for Gail Cooke > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 431

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gail Cooke RSS Feed (TX, USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (COMMUNITY FORUM 04)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AquaAudio Cube - Mini Ultra Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speakers with Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Beach, Outdoor etc. | For All Devices with Bluetooth Capability + Siri Compatible - 6 Hours Playtime / with Built-in Mic for use as a Powerful Handsfree Speakerphone (Blue)
Offered by F&W Trading LLC
Price: $22.95
2 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars SINGING AND LISTENING IN THE SHOWER, November 22, 2014
Wanted to give this a good trial run so we've been using it for almost two months. I absolutely love singing in the shower.....and, I'm tone deaf so the music I make is horrific for others but lovely to me. The shower has always been the one place I could sing my heart out but never had any accompaniment until now. What fun!

The sound (the Cube, not my voice) is excellent and had no problems connecting. Very much like the fact that I can easily take it from shower to tub if desired. The suction cup pops right off and easily adheres to the next surface

I've not tried the phone as yet (probably because I'm too busy vocalizing). However, that will soon come. Meanwhile, thoroughly the Aqua Audio Cube in blue to match bathroom decor. Another plus - it's available in several colors.

Disclosure: This item was provided.

OnlyTM Unique Innovative 18 seconds Car Case Car Cover, waterproof, cotton, automobiles all weather S-Series for Sedan fast & easy to operate (S-50 Length 195'' to 200'', applicable models: Acura RLX 2013, Acura TL 2012/2010/2009, Audi A6 2013, BMW 5 2014/2011, BMW 5 GT 2014/2013/2011/2010, BMW 5 Touring 2012-2014, BMW 6 2011, BMW M5 2014/2012, BMW M6 2012, Cadillac CTS 2014, Chrysler 300 2012-2014, Honda Accord 2008-2014, Hyundai Azera 2011, Hyundai Genesis 2014, Hyundai Rohens 2013/2008, Jaguar XF 2008-2015, Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2015, Jaguar XJ 2004, Kia Cadenza 2013/2012/2010, Lexus ES 2014/2012, Lexus LS 2004-2005, Maserati Ghibli 2013, Maserati quattroporte 2011/2009/2008/2006/2004, Mercedes-Benz CLS 2011/2007-2009, Benz CLS AMG 2011/2009, Benz S-Class 2004, Renault Talisman 2013/2012, Ssangyong Chairman 2002, Tesla Model S 2014, Toyota Crown 2010-2012, etc.)
Offered by ONLY ME
Price: $157.88
2 used & new from $101.50

5.0 out of 5 stars GIVES FULL PROTECTION AND IS DURABLE, November 21, 2014
Well, we don't live in Buffalo (sending good, warming thoughts to all the folks there), but we're ready for whatever comes with this car cover.

First off, my initial thought was I'd have to find someone to help me put it on - not necessary. Just followed the directions and my wheels were protected. (A handy manual with both pictorial and written directions accompanies the cover.)

Couldn't wait to test it so with the help of a hose did - it is completely waterproof, and there was no difficulty in removing the wet portion from my car. The fabric is cotton, but very tough so we're looking forward to years of use. (Just hope our car lasts as long as this cover!)

Disclosure: The item was provided.

Skin Ritual - USDA Certified Organic Unrefined Shea Butter - 16 fl oz
Skin Ritual - USDA Certified Organic Unrefined Shea Butter - 16 fl oz
Offered by Skin Ritual
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPER SOOTHING, SMOOTHING SHEA BUTTER!, November 20, 2014
When I think of all the lotions/potions I've bought over the years simply because they contained Shea Butter it does boggle my mind! So, to have this pound tub of USDA Organic Shea Butter is luxury indeed!

I do share it with the Mr. as he has dry spots on his feet since day one that have responded to nothing. Some of the attempts lasted perhaps a day or two but this Shea Butter actually moistened the skin.

Since winter is upon us I'm loving it on my skin before bedtime. Am also testing it on a chin wrinkle that suddenly appeared quite uninvited. (Will let you know the results.)

Both of us are pleased that there is absolutely no "perfumery" scent - simply a clean, good subtle aroma.

Obviously, the size of the tub is very generous, and we find the price to be reasonable. So, while this butter was sent over we will be buying in the future.

Thank you, Skin Ritual!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2014 4:25 PM PST

iPhone 6 Battery Case, 1byone iPhone 6 Battery Charger Case (4.7 Inches) [Gold] - 3100mAh External Protective iPhone 6 Charger Case / iPhone 6 Charging Case Extended Backup Battery Pack Cover Case Fit with Any Version of Apple iPhone 6 (a.k.a iPhone 6 Battery Pack / iPhone 6 Power Case / iPhone 6 USB Juice Bank / iPhone 6 Battery Charger) [One Year Warranty]
Offered by 1byone
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A BEAUTY!, November 19, 2014
I was sitting in a waiting room (so aptly named!) the other day where the lady in charge was quite proud of the fact that a board was available for folks to recharge their phones. Surely hope I didn't look smug with this golden retriever by my side quietly charging my phone. (And, yes, when one lady's name was called she did run out forgetting her phone was on the board.)

Now, this gold case not only charges my phone but also protects it from bumps and scratches. It fits easily on without adding noticeable bulk. It is 4" by 7" so slips easily into pocket or purse.

The package includes a Power Pack, USB power cable, 2 frames, User's manual and Audio jack cable.

Plus, all of this comes with a one year warranty. Sign me happy.

Disclosure the item was provided.

The Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
The Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi
by Chiara Frugoni
Price: $59.78
29 used & new from $55.32

5.0 out of 5 stars A VOLUME TO TREASURE, November 18, 2014
If you've visited the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi or dreamed of doing so here is a book for you. 324 pages graced with 335 color illustrations take you on an unhurried, personal tour of this famous place. Commentary by noted art historian Malafarina who has written extensively on Italian art enriches your experience. Words are inadequate to describe the art works housed in the Basilica - they are all treasures by some of the greatest artists of the 13th and 14th centuries, including Giotto and Cimabue. It is a revelation in this book to view details of their works of art which are often overlooked when seen while in a crowd of people. Suffice it to say this is a volume to be perused at your leisure and enjoyed again and again.

As you may know the Basilica was begun in 1228 and is built in the side of a hill. It is made up of two churches known as the Upper Church and the Lower Church and a crypt holding the remains of St. Francis who was born and died in Assisi. The Upper Church is perhaps best known for a sequence of enormous frescoes that celebrate the life and teachings of St. Francis - but, see for yourself in this glorious volume.

The Lower Church has been expanded over the years by the addition of several chapels honoring other saints. There may be found magnificent works of art, including those by Simone Martini and Pietro Lorenzetti.

Also the mother church of the Franciscan order of monks the Basilica is one of the most significant places of Christian pilgrimage in Italy. How fortunate we are to be able to visit or revisit via this beautiful volume.

- Gail Cooke

Mr. Coffee Smart Wifi-Enabled WeMo 10-Cup Optimal Brew Coffeemaker, BVMC-PSTX91WE
Price: $139.05

5.0 out of 5 stars CHEERS FOR MR. COFFEE SMART!, November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have a Bosch coffee maker that we've had for I'm guessing at 10 years. Never gave us a bit of trouble and we love it, but do believe we're going to love Mr. Coffee Smart just a wee bit more. For one reason we've just had our first freeze and it's really cold. In the past we took turns shivering to the kitchen to make breakfast coffee as it takes a while for the house to heat up. Now, we can simply set the time we want the coffee to brew and simply go and enjoy it - what luxury.

It is a large unit and does take up quite a bit of counter space in a small kitchen, but our Bosch was also large and it simply became a part of the kitchen. Never had to hide it when guests arrived and we'll never have to hide Mr. Coffee as both are handsome devices.

True, 10 cups is a lot (read that too much) for the two of us, but we never know when friends might drop by. Our Bosch is also a 10 cup and to our knowledge they never made a smaller model. Why that is we have no idea.

We also like the Brew Button for manual operation when we wish.

Sign us contented coffee drinkers.

The iSuperfine Armband. Sporty Armband for iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c + Its Own Case. The Best Soft New Black for Running Luxury Armband for Your Apple Phone. For Girls and Guys. Latest Stylish Design. Best Lifetime Guarantee. No Questions Asked
Offered by iSuperfine
Price: $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY TO WEAR - EASY TO READ, November 15, 2014
This is one of those "how did I ever get along without it" items. So great to have my iPhone with me without having to search in purse or pocket.

I don't work out at a gym but I am a walker and love having this with me. The fit is also perfect when wearing a sweater as I am now and it fits comfortably over that as well as a light jacket. People have stopped me on my walk asking where I got this armband and I'm happy to tell them.

Oftimes I'll just wear it around the house as it beats hurrying to find it when it rings.

Quite simply: life is better with an ISF Armband!

Disclosure: This item was provided.

The Hoont™ Bright Outdoor LED Solar Spotlight / Solar Powered Outdoor Light for Landscape, Garden, Driveway, Pathway, Yard, Lawn, Etc. / Solar Energy Exterior Lighting; Auto-on at Night and Auto-off by Day / Installs Easily; Just Stick into Ground / Solar Light Great for Accents, Security Lighting, Decorative, Pool Area, Etc.
Offered by The Hoont
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $22.02

5.0 out of 5 stars super solar spotlight, November 13, 2014
We have been wanting more light by the steps leading to the front door of our villa. There is a porch light by the door but that doesn't shed enough light to be helpful to anyone on the sidewalk. We took a few estimates on wiring and that seemed out of our budget....this light is the perfect answer!

We have placed it in a front bed that shines directly on the steps, which is all we wanted - simply to alert visitors that steps were there.

We're not concerned that the light doesn't last all night because obviously we don't have callers in the wee small hours.

It receives plenty of sunlight where its situated, and we're especially pleased that it is an all weather light so we don't have to take it up to protect it from rain, sleet or snow.

Glad to recommend.

Disclosure: Item was provided.

AquaFlow® 2 Function - Waterfall and Water Spray - Luxury Large 8" Shower Head / ABS Material with Chrome Finish / Enjoy an Invigorating & Luxurious Spa-like Experience - LIFETIME WARRANTY
Offered by F&W Trading LLC
Price: $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars PURE PLEASURE, November 12, 2014
I'd never really given much thought to a shower head until this lovely one appeared on our doorstep. In the past a shower head was simply a utilitarian object that spouted water on command - this from AquaFlow is pure pleasure.

The shower head that came with our villa is approximately 3 inches in diameter, while this one is 8 inches. Need I say how much more comfortable and luxurious that is? No more wiggling my head around under the spikey shower spray when washing hair - just stand there and enjoy.

Since a trip to Africa to stand under a beautiful jungle waterfall doesn't seem to be in the cards I'm more than thoroughly enjoying the waterfall feature of this shower head.

Easy to install I'm happy to recommend it.

Disclosure: Item was provided.

Havana Storm (Dirk Pitt Adventure)
Havana Storm (Dirk Pitt Adventure)
by Clive Cussler
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $25.89
34 used & new from $20.61

5.0 out of 5 stars ACTION AND ADVENTURE ABOUND!, November 12, 2014
Just the name Cussler on the cover lets us know that action abounds beginning with the first page or in this case first few words. And, speaking of which those words are spoken by the estimable Scott Brick, an actor/writer who has umpteen film stage, television and radio appearances to his credit. That experience is evident as he delivers a gripping narration of this adventure thriller again featuring the intelligent, charismatic do-gooder Dirk Pitt, chief of the National Underwater Marine Agency.

This time out he's investigating a toxic outbreak in the Caribbean Sea that may ultimately place the U.S. in danger. As if that weren't dangerous enough he soon finds himself embroiled in something even more lethal - a power struggle for control of Cuba. The villain here is General Alberto Gutier who is financing his attempted takeover via bogus deep sea mining.

Now, stir in with this Dirk and Summer, Dirk senior's offspring, who are up against it in Mexico trying to find an ancient Aztec codex.

As is his wont Cussler delivers magnificent descriptions of undersea work, and once again shows that he is one of the most imaginative writers to be found. Enjoy!

- Gail Cooke