Profile for Tenchi Masaki > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tenchi Masaki "Jurai's Heir" RSS Feed (Denham Springs, LA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Selsun Blue Medicated Maximum Strength Dandruff Shampoo, 11 Ounce
Selsun Blue Medicated Maximum Strength Dandruff Shampoo, 11 Ounce
Price: $6.98
26 used & new from $6.98

1.0 out of 5 stars For Selsun Blue In General., April 12, 2015
Luckily I haven't had problems with dandruff in several years; however, because stores like Wal-Mart, Target, and etc. stopped carrying a salon type shampoo that worked wonders on my hair and scalp, I had no choice but to buy something that would not only wash my hair, but leave my scalp feeling fresh and clean. So I started with Head & Shoulders. However, after using Head & Shoulders twice I wasn't satisfied with the strong fragrance and medicated look that it made my hair resemble. Furthermore, I was in desperate need of finding something that would work, so my sister recommended Selsun Blue. First off, the Selsun Blue that I borrowed from my sister doesn't have as much ingredients as Head & Shoulders does, so I took that as a good sign. Secondly, the shampoo didn't have a strong smell (at first anyways.) BUT! when I started to wash my hair, a strong odor resembling Nair (the hair remover), and a perm, and boiled eggs started to overwhelm my nostrils. Moreover, now that my hair is dry the smell of Nair/perm/boiled eggs is still lingering around (even on my hands), and on top of it for an anti-dandruff shampoo it has my hair itching a lot, which is something that I rarely experience. If I had no choice and definitely had to pick between Head & Shoulders and this offensive smelly Selsun Blue, I would choose Head & Shoulders. But since I have a choice, I might just start go all hippy when it comes to my hair. Therefore, if you don't mind your hair smelling like you climbed out of a garbage pile then by all means keep using it; after all I wrote this review to warn people about this product...hopefully it helped in some way.

P.S. - the Selsun Blue I used doesn't expire until 05/2017, so the smell definitely isn't from that.

Private Dancer
Private Dancer
Price: $5.99
136 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Tina Turner's Comeback Album!, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Private Dancer (Audio CD)
Before the praise and success of the 1984 album Private Dancer, Tina Turner hadn't released an album since 1979, and her music career by the early 1980s was at a standstill. As the 1980s approached, Disco was becoming passé, and music in general was changing at a rapid speed, even the Rock genre was becoming more edgier and sharper in style. Since newer and fresher acts were hitting the music scene, forty something year old Tina Turner knew that it was now or never at making a comeback. By 1983, Captiol Records gave Tina the chance that would either forever kill or remake her career forever. Private Dancer is Tina Turner's comeback album! The album earned Tina Turner four Grammy awards for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance for Better Be Good to Me, and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, Record of the Year, and Song of the Year for What's Love Got to Do with It? Also, What's Love Got to Do with It? became a #1 hit single, Better Be Good to Me was a #5 hit single, Private Dancer reached #7, and Show Some Respect climbed the top 40 on the Billboard charts. As of 2014, Private Dancer has sold over five million copies in America alone. The album displays genres of Rock, Pop, and Soul. Private Dancer has not aged one bit, it is upbeat and fun, yet raw and rough; it's a classic album that still sounds fresh to this day. This 1997 edition of the original 1984 album, Private Dancer has been digitally remastered, and although the tracklisting to the album has been altered a bit, Capitol released the rare b-sides, such as Wrote a Letter, Rock 'n Roll Widow, Don't Rush the Good Things, and When I Was Young (only b-side missing is Keep Your Hands Off My Baby,) and also includes three remixes like What's Love Got to Do with It [extended 12" remix,] Better Be Good to Me [extended 12" remix,] and I Can't Stand the Rain [extended 12" Remix.] Personally, Private Dancer is one of my favorite albums ever, it's also a lot superior in style and quality than most generic sounding albums of the 1980s, with the exception of a few artists that didn't fall into using that awful synthesizer that has aged a lot of songs from that decade.

10 Clear 8 Disc DVD Cases
10 Clear 8 Disc DVD Cases
Offered by mediaxpo
Price: $13.87
3 used & new from $13.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cases!!!!!, August 1, 2013
To keep it short and sweet, these ten clear cases that hold eight disc each are great!. Why?...

1. the cases are crystal clear/clean looking.
2. they are extremely sturdy on the outside and in the inside, so they won't and shouldn't break or flop around while the 8 disc are in the holders.
3. the disc easily attach onto the disc holders inside the case so there's no need to worry about any of the disc falling off the disc holders.
4. the outside insert where you place your cover art is flawless and also nicely thick.

However, some people may take points off these clear cases for not having inside inserts for DVD booklets/chapter list, but either way these cases are great!...especially for people who record a lot of movies/TV shows, and or who already own many movies/TV shows.

A+ product!.

Biophilia
Biophilia
Price: $13.92
45 used & new from $7.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Björk's almost back at her zenith on Biophilia!, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Biophilia (Audio CD)
Leave it to the innovative genius of Björk to take music to the next level by making an interactive app; the first app album ever actually.
The Biophilia app allows Björk's fans get closer to her vision while also letting the fans experiment with some of the songs and sounds themselves.

Biophilia for me is Björk's most fulfilling album since Vespertine. Also, the album echoes vocals from Medulla, instruments similar to Vespertine and Volta, and the technology that made Homogenic so groundbreaking.

1. MOON contemplates emotional rebirth, explores lunar cycles, the tides, and human biological rhythms. MOON is a calm, tranquil song that features the harp and some of Björk's famous wailing.

2. THUNDERBOLT is the thirst of miracles - a track forged from arpeggios of lightning. THUNDERBOLT's rhythm mostly comes from Björk's specific vocals and features a choir, and a teslacoil bassline.

3. The spatial aspects of both crystals and music unite our internal and external worlds in CRYSTALLINE. CRYSTALLINE is a really fun song with an epic ending that will blow your mind away. The song features a gameslete and will have you constantly repeating, and dancing.

4. COSMOGONY explores the different myths and theories of how our universe might have come to be. COSMOGONY takes you on a mesmerizing journey through our universe with a bass, choir, and Björk; beautiful and emotionally moving.

5. Breath is a spirit that pervades the cosmos, and the invisible "DARK MATTER" pervades the universe. DARK MATTER is mostly vocals and an organ type instrument. The song echoes something from Medulla and is pretty creepy and slow.

6. HOLLOW is inspired by Bjork's own genetic ancestry. The song is about DNA, ancestors, and biological connection through time. HOLLOW is a song that you will either understand or not. Thanks to Björk's interactive app that I purchased, I absolutely understood what Björk was going for in this song. Each beat represents the flow of blood and cells that are created and regenerated throughout the body; very scientific then again this whole album is.

7. A love song reveals the dangerous relationships between VIRUS and host (between lovers). The sound on VIRUS is definitely a throwback to Björk's past albums Homogenic and Vespertine. It's one of the most memorable tracks on the album, and once again features the gameleste and choir; one of Björk's most beautiful songs ever.

8. To surrender, to forgo, for the love of another you must SACRIFICE. SACRIFICE starts out serene and goes into another epic middle and end; song features a sharpsichord.

9. Geography, geology, geothermal activity become a metaphor for human relationships in MUTUAL CORE. MUTUAL CORE is another highlight on Biophilia that is divided by different rhythms which feature an organ and choir. The song echoes hardcore Björk songs from the past.

10. SOLSTICE celebrates light and the changing seasons produced by the tilt of the earth in its orbit around the sun. SOLSTICE ends the album nicely. The song is similar to Moon and features some of Björk's distinctive wailing and a pendulum.

On Your Own: Basic Math (On Your Own (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.).)
On Your Own: Basic Math (On Your Own (Englewood Cliffs, N.J.).)
by Mary Ann Corley
25 used & new from $40.72

5.0 out of 5 stars EASILY HELPS!!!!!!!, March 7, 2011
This has to be the best book to help a person understand the most fundamental math problems whether in high school or college. On Your Own is such an amazing book, it explains and shows numerous examples of how to do every problem easily. Each chapter starts with a picture example, shows the chapter's objectives, and etc. It doesn't get any simpler than this, it really helps a lot, and doesn't explain in such a complex way that makes you feel lost or confused. Just like in fundamental school, the book teaches you in order. The first & second lesson is whole numbers and fractions that both include addition through division and multi-step problems with key words that help you identify that specific math problem. Decimals and percents are third & fourth, and are presented the same way with examples and easy explanations. Lastly, there's graphs, charts, and tables. This chapter has you read and understand the difference between each them with some more easy examples. For myself, who has always struggled with a learning disability in math, this book has helped me make high grades in high school and college. I highly recommend it over any mechanical and complex high school or college textbook.

Aphrodite
Aphrodite
Price: $15.99
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Put Your Hands Up!, If You Feel This Album!, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Aphrodite (Audio CD)
I'm not as good as past reviewers who gave this album a positive review, but I would like to give my two cent on here. People who love upbeat positive music can always depend on Kylie Minogue. I just love Kylie and her style in music so much, she knows how to create high quality dance music all the time even when people don't agree with her latest release. "Aphrodite" is the long awaited album that Kylie fans have been anticipating for and it's also the perfect album for summer, something that can by played in a club on a hot night. On this album, Kylie goes back to her dance roots and even channels her seventh album "Light Years" on here. The only sad part is that Ms. Minogue never gets the respect and recognition here in The States, she absolutely deserves the recognition and respect by the media and critics alike, with eleven albums to her name she is a force to be wreckin with and so hope this album becomes a massive hit here and everywhere.

Night Ride Home
Night Ride Home
Price: $7.99
109 used & new from $0.68

5.0 out of 5 stars My Introduction to Joni Mitchell, June 29, 2009
This review is from: Night Ride Home (Audio CD)
I've recently been wanting to discover different types of music & artists from legendary female singers and so Joni Mitchell was mentioned to me. I must admit, I knew who she was but never had the pleasure to experience her music until I picked Night Ride Home as my first Joni Mitchell album. Listening to this haunting album, I discovered that her lyrics are extremely deep, dark, poetic, and complex, which is something a true artist/poet can only possess. Overall this is true art from a true poet, absolutely wonderful!. Up next for me is Blue, and Court and Spark.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2013 3:12 PM PDT

The Other Side of Me
The Other Side of Me
Price: $13.98
36 used & new from $0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Other Side of Linda Eder is Beautiful and Inspiring!, October 3, 2008
This review is from: The Other Side of Me (Audio CD)
The Other Side of Me is Linda Eder's first album of new material since 2002's Gold. The Other Side of Me features a mixture of pop and country songs while still displaying Linda Eder's trademark vocals. The sound of this album is a lot like Gold, but because it's more crafted to fit Linda's vocal style, it's more on the side of albums like It's Time, and It's No Secret Anymore. Also, this album is very uplifting and songs, such as Lifted, and They Are the Roses will give you goosebumps, while other inspirational songs like Back to Life, Make Today Beautiful, and Prayer for Love will give people a feeling of hope. Moreover, the more acoustic songs like If You Believe (The Way I Do), If I Could, Both Sides Now (Joni Mitchell cover song), and Ghost are also very nicely done on here. Therefore, The Other Side of Me is definitely one of best albums this year!

Bring Ya to the Brink
Bring Ya to the Brink
Offered by mirmedia_movies_and_music
Price: $4.72
78 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars GIVE IT UP for CYNDI LAUPER!, May 27, 2008
This review is from: Bring Ya to the Brink (Audio CD)
Bring Ya to the Brink is Cyndi Lauper's first studio album of all new material since 2001's Shine. This album would be best explained as a dance album, full of fast upbeat music. The great thing about this album is that the lyrics are solid, the music style is very consistent, and the album is never boring. Also, Cyndi Lauper's strong vocals are not disguised or picked apart by autotune. Only downfall on Bring Ya to the Brink is Lyfe because it doesn't fit well with the rest of the album's music style.

Crayons
Crayons
Offered by mirmedia_movies_and_music
Price: $4.79
75 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Introduction to Donna Summer, May 25, 2008
This review is from: Crayons (Audio CD)
I never had a Donna Summer album before until now. I wasn't born when disco was a phenomenon and I was still a little kid, even in the early 90s. But now that I am all grown, this is Donna's first album that I was interested in getting and now that I'm a fan, I recently bought "Bad Girls", which I love!.

Even though I haven't heard any talk on the radio, TV, and magazines before hand, I did feel the anticipation in the air for this album (or at least the anticipation coming from me.) I think that this is the Donna Summer album that will gain a whole new generation of fans for her. The album is a mixture of rock, pop, r&b, and with a little of hip-hop, throw in the mix of things. Now you may be wondering that with all the different genres of music on here, it would be uneven in style, but it's not, the album is actually very even in everything, also the lyrics displayed on here are very solid and inspiring. What did turn my off from this album was the over-processed vocals from the computer that render her unrecognizable on some tracks. This is the only area of the album that bothers me because so many singers, including: Cher, Janet and Madonna have gone this same route as if it's the only way to compete with others in the business. It took away from some songs when I wished we'd hear more of her voice which we all know is great. Besides from that little downfall, this honestly beats Janet's, Madonna's, and Mariah's albums from this year.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2008 9:09 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5