Profile for Natalie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Natalie RSS Feed

Bonds That Break (The Havoc Chronicles Book 3)
Bonds That Break (The Havoc Chronicles Book 3)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfying ending! {some spoilers}, March 4, 2014
I have been patiently waiting for this 3rd and final book. And I was not disappointed. It's hard to write a review without giving away too much but I'll do my best. I warned people of spoilers just in case I can't keep my mouth shut.

It was difficult to lose so many beloved characters throughout the series and the finale brought on more death. It's the literary theme of "out with the old and in with the new," so I understood why it needed to happen. But I don't have to like it. I'm only sort of kidding, Mr. Williams. :)

I thought Madison handled the deaths of her friends realistically as a teenager stretched to her limits would. She has always been an authentic character. About halfway through, I had an idea of what would happen with Rhys and I wasn't disappointed. I knew Madison had to be left someone!

I was surprised with the identity of the Havocs and their conception, and it worked for me. For some people it might not, but I liked the way the author reinvented an old story. It was fascinating to me to make the connections through the names and old myths. I liked how it all unfolded.

Brant Williams is a great storyteller and Madison had a great voice throughout the series. Very real, believable and likeable.

I'm excited to see what else this new author will have for us fans!

Skyline Furniture Diamond Tufted Wingback King Bed in Linen Teal
Skyline Furniture Diamond Tufted Wingback King Bed in Linen Teal

2.0 out of 5 stars Sent the wrong color twice, May 1, 2013
Not much more to say on the subject. Waited 5 weeks for the first bed and they sent wrong color. Had major trouble with Amazon Returns because the bed came in two boxes but only one packing slip. UPS couldn't pick both boxes up without two differing packing slips. Apparently the only way to send it back was to have UPS make two pick ups. (Long story) By the time everyone was on the same page, UPS had come to our house 5 times!

Reordered bed. Waited 5 more weeks and they sent the right headboard with different colored side boards. I would have been happy with either color (teal/blue) but they were different colors and different fabrics. Had same troubles returning this bed as the last one. Ridiculous.

Decided to not reorder. So sad because I really wanted the bed at that price. But too much frustration.

Unbound (The Havoc Chronicles Book 2)
Unbound (The Havoc Chronicles Book 2)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great second book!, October 6, 2012
Did it again! Sometimes second books don't progress the story much or things slow down just a bit, and that does not happen with Unbound. Loved it just as much as the first and am anxiously waiting for the third installment!

The Huaquero
The Huaquero
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Natalie W, May 30, 2012
This review is from: The Huaquero (Kindle Edition)
Fascinating. I've never studied the geography of the Book of Mormon before and I loved learning it in story form. I admit I had to get out a few maps to follow the described areas and countries but it was a fascinating way to learn the differing views on the geographical references in the scriptures. I think the author makes some very good arguments. Very insightful and a great read.

Threads That Bind (The Havoc Chronicles Book 1)
Threads That Bind (The Havoc Chronicles Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, March 6, 2012
I've recently gotten into the "urban fantasy" genre and lately I've been overloaded with mediocre novels that all seem the same.

But this one was different. It is a great book with a dynamic story. Madison, the main character, has a great "voice" and I love her transformation, both physical and emotional.

It's a well paced novel filled with scary monsters and a diverse group of characters that fight them. I'm ready for the second installment!