Profile for Eco-Friendly Interior Designer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eco-Friendly Interior Designer RSS Feed (New York, New York USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
M*A*S*H: The Complete Series + Movie
M*A*S*H: The Complete Series + Movie
DVD ~ Alan Alda
Offered by Phase 3, LLC
Price: $181.99
5 used & new from $181.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best commedy series ever written., June 6, 2014
Characters are so well defined. The dialogue is so well written and Alan Aldo is an absolute delight, as are the other characters.

My Promised Land: The Triumph and Tragedy of Israel
My Promised Land: The Triumph and Tragedy of Israel
by Ari Shavit
Price: $19.64
137 used & new from $4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend the book, June 6, 2014
gives you a clear understanding of the history of Israel vis-à-vis her Palestinian neighbors, in an impartial manner. Well written book.

Kichler Lighting 360000OBB Ceiling Fan 12-Inch Downrod, Oil Brushed Bronze Finish
Offered by Lighting & Locks
Price: $9.00
12 used & new from $6.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Ceiling Fan, April 10, 2014
It's not only very attractive, but also very effective. I use it in lieu of air conditioning and it's certainly cools off my bedroom at night so I don't need to use the air conditioner. Would highly recommend it

Mephisto Women's Rush Walking Shoe,White Calf,10 M US
Mephisto Women's Rush Walking Shoe,White Calf,10 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mephisto shoes, April 10, 2014
I love mephisto shoes and have a number of them. These fit as well as the others and last a very long time. Highly recommend.
Ilse Lehmeier

M*A*S*H TV Season 2
M*A*S*H TV Season 2
DVD ~ Alan Alda
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $15.34
20 used & new from $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT WHAT I EXPECTED, October 27, 2013
This review is from: M*A*S*H TV Season 2 (DVD)
I found that the CDs just contained one and up to three episodes. It seems highly unlikely that in one season they had no more than three episodes.

So all the CDs were a disappointment. When I paid $50 for these CDs I expected quite a bid more than what I received.

Ilse Lehmeier

Do One Green Thing: Saving the Earth Through Simple, Everyday Choices
Do One Green Thing: Saving the Earth Through Simple, Everyday Choices
by Mindy Pennybacker
Price: $14.24
102 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Simple and Concise Must-Read, April 19, 2010
I have been as green as possible for many years, but I always like to check out new books on the subject to get any new tips.

Do One Green Thing Saving the Earth Through Simple, Everyday Choice by Mindy Pennybacker, is a must read if you are interesting in making eco-friendly choices. We get bombarded from everyone lately on how we should make green choices in purchasing products...but it can be confusing to know what exactly to buy Pennybacker removes the mystery and guides us on how to make eco-friendly choices that are both good for the planet and our own health.

The book has lots of illustrations and "Choose It" "Lose It" charts to make decisions a snap. For instance, under storage containers, she has as a "lose it" #7 plastics (the numbers are always found on the bottom of products.) #7 plastics leech toxins and are not recyclable. Instead, opt for a #5 plastic, which is cleaner and won't leech chemicals into food. Even better is glass or stainless.

Throughout the book are guides that make becoming greener easy to do. Pennybacker's philosophy is to go green gradually, step by step. Do not worry that following her many tips will be expensive and will make your current world unrecognizable...on the contrary, may tips will save you money. Furthermore, you may be surprised at how "little" changes make a big, green impact.

Finally, I recommend Harmonious Environment as a companion to Do One Green Thing for great ways to decorate and design your home using green materials.

Highly recommend.

Quantum Wellness: A Practical Guide to Health and Happiness
Quantum Wellness: A Practical Guide to Health and Happiness
by Kathy Freston
Price: $12.61
159 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Body, Mind, Spirit and The Environment, January 6, 2010
Body-mind-spirit, and , most recently--environment (eco-friendly) is the new mantra to living a full and complete and healthy life, as shown in Quantum Wellness and dozens of other new and not so new books. This is a good thing--seeing books on personal transformation extend beyond the self and into caring for the environment and all its inhabitants.

The way we think, feel and act is interconnected with the planet and the animals--with all of life. For example, Kathy Freston supports vegan diets (or at the very least vegetarian) not only because of the health benefits of a meat-free diet, but because eating most meat available in this country means eating animals that have been treated inhumanely. Additionally, raising animals for slaughter takes a toll on the environment.

Freston calls this conscious eating and that means that nobody is harmed by what she puts into her body.

Freston also supports using eco-friendly body care products and household cleaners--good for the environment and you.To name one of many books that support optimal health, veganism/vegetarianism and the green lifestyle is GROWING UP GREEN: BABY AND CHILD CARE.

Quantum Wellness, according to Kathy Freston, is an achievable higher state if being. Freston writes: "Quantum wellness is not about imposing big changes but about leaning into wellness, comfortably, adding things here and there to the thrust and taking baby steps toward the changes we want to achieve."

The quantum leap--or shift to quantum wellness occurs, according to Freston, as a result of many small steps. For example, Freston suggests baby steps to a more healthful diet--not meat eating one day and vegan the next.

According to Freston, there are The Eight Pillars of Wellness:
* Exercise
* Self-work
* Spiritual practice
* Service

As an eco-friendly interior designer and feng shui practitioner, I was delighted to see Freston write about the importance of home in supporting our health. She tells us to remove clutter, resist buying new stuff unless we either love it or truly need it, and to use as little chemicals (cleaning products, personal care products,) as possible. This is very good advice, as the home definitely affects our well-being.

For a complete guide to greening your home (as well as making it beautiful and energetically vibrant) for optimal wellness, read the award winning book, HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT: BEAUTIFY, DETOXIFY & ENERGIZE YOUR LIFE, YOUR HOME & YOUR PLANET.

As previously mentioned, Freston supports veganism for optimal health. Understanding that the transition from omnivore to vegetarian can be difficult and that veganism is almost impossible for many of us to comprehend, she describes her own process and offers many helpful tips for the reader to adapt. According to Freston, living the vegan lifestyle is empowering. The book also contains vegetarian and vegan recipes to help us make the transition in our diets.

Freston covers a lot of ground in Quantum Wellness, including dealing with addictions and fears and questions to ask yourself when you aren't feeling 100%. As an extroverted person, I have a hard time with some of these sections, as I am not inclined to "look inside too often. Some people love to ask themselves questions and ponder...I either meditate or take a hike when I'm feeling sad, mad or whatever and that generally works for me. because of this, I got overwhelmed with all the suggestions of things to do to achieve perfect wellness.

On the other hand, I love that she suggests having some fun everyday.

Overall, a very good and inspirational book.

The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse
The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse
by Debbie Ford
114 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, September 21, 2009
I have been seeing a spiritual teacher for over 20 years now, but I wanted a book to challenge me on a set program. The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse A Breakthrough Program for Connecting with your Soul's Deepest Purpose, by Debbie Ford, does just that.

The book is clear and concise; Ford presents complex ideas simply and very clearly.

The goal of the book is to help the reader reach their highest potential. "Clearing the past, getting honest about the present and envisioning a future unlike anything you've ever imagined," she writes.

Ford isn't recommending we live our live solely inward--if anything, the goal is to seek a balance between our inner and outer worlds.

The first section is all about the 21 day program and includes preparation and the necessary tools.

The next three sections deal with past, present and future.

When we achieve true peace, we also achieve love, compassion and serenity, according to Ford. We detach from past, present and future and live joyfully.

If you decide to embark on this worthy program, consider cleansing the body and your home as well as aids in the spiritual journey. I have found, as a designer, that living in a sanctuary helps me on my spiritual journey, as does eating really healthfully. I recommend: HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT: BEAUTIFY, DETOXIFY & ENERGIZE YOUR LIFE, YOUR HOME & YOUR PLANET and QUANTUM WELLNESS.

Highly recommend.

Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams
Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams
by Mike Dooley
Price: $25.00
85 used & new from $0.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Right On!, September 10, 2009
I just love reading books about the law of attraction, so I grabbed Infinite Possibilities by Mike Dooley. This book is based on Dooley's highly successful audio tapes, published in 2001.

I found this book to be engaging, thoughtful and entertaining. Dooley knows the subject of the law of attraction very well.

According to Dooley, the book is about "learning of your power and responsibilities." It is also about understanding our divine powers.

The key is to learn how to train our thinking to direct our experience, something Dooley assures us that we are capable of doing, as humans are infinite and powerful "fun-loving gladiators of the universe." In other words, we have been around forever, in a different form, in the universe. As gladiators, we created our human form. We are connected to God because God lives within us and throughout the universe.

Change comes from our imagination (infinite and powerful!), our beliefs and expectations. "There is nothing you can't do, nothing you can't have, nothing you can't be," according to Dooley. How we think creates our world and our feelings and emotions can make our dreams a reality. When you desire something, picture the end result very clearly--be specific.

When we want a particular outcome--a job, romance, etc.--we should act as if it already has occurred. If you are seeking a partner, buy 2 tickets for an event, for example. Plan as if it has already occurred.

In the tools and techniques chapter, Dooley recommends visualization, vision boards, scrap books and meditation, among a few other things. All good stuff. As I mentioned, I have read numerous books on the law of attraction. I would also recommend some Feng Shui to add to the power of manifesting--it works. Try my favorites--HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT: BEAUTIFY, DETOXIFY & ENERGIZE YOUR LIFE, YOUR HOME & YOUR PLANET and FENG SHUI TIPS.

There is also a question and answer chapter on frequently asked questions. I love how he writes, act like life is "easy and fun and knowable and it becomes that."

The book concludes with a pep talk on appreciating self as the unique being each and every one of us is.

Highly recommend!

Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1, 40th Anniversary
Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Vol. 1, 40th Anniversary
by Julia Child
Price: $22.60
185 used & new from $8.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Classic, September 1, 2009
I am a decent cook, but I bought Mastering the Art of French Cooking to get even better. What makes this cookbook so great is that Julia Child explains how to cooking methods.

I rarely follow any recipe exactly--I often look at several and make my own. With this cookbook, I am doing the same. No reason to use all the cream and butter. Substiute milk for cream, etc. Cook vegetables less.

This is an invaluable cookbook both for the techniques and the classic French recipes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6