Profile for Matthew Coenen > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 244

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew Coenen "Ah. Books." RSS Feed (Renton (Seattle), WA)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sirius Jewelry Mens Earrings Silver Color Rectangle Stainless Steel Huggie Hoop Set, 2pcs
Offered by Sirius Jewelry
Price: $11.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Wanted, December 10, 2014
Unfortunately, the holes in my ears had closed enough that I couldn't just "press" these through. (Thanks, Claire's, for the new ugly starter piercing rings that will be replaced ASAP with these Sirius ones...)

Based on what I could do, though, these hug the earlobe closely. They don't "hang" from the ear or "swing" back and forth. Exactly what I wanted. They're not at all gaudy looking. I can't wait until my 6 weeks are up with the new piercings so I can switch to these.

MPERO Collection 5 Pack of Ultra Clear Screen Protectors for Samsung Galaxy Avant
Offered by Empire Case
Price: $1.49
4 used & new from $1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job. Good Protector., December 10, 2014
As with most any "sticky-based" screen protector, you'll get some bubbles. Just take your time applying. Go slow. And apply gentle pressure over and over (and over) with the included cardboard scraper to press the bubbles out from underneath.

It's a 5-pack, so if you mess up the first time (like I did), you can try again.

Ultimately, a good screen protector for the Galaxy Avant.

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Mini 3200mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, Samsung, HTC and More (Black)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro Mini 3200mAh Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, Samsung, HTC and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $39.99
19 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Small. Portable. Great Device., December 10, 2014
This is the ideal portable charging device. No, it's not as quick/powerful as other models, and it only charges one device at a time...

But, guess what? That's all I needed it for. One device.
And that's why it's priced the way it is.

Small. Compact. A tad heavier than I thought, but no big deal. It even comes with a small mesh carrying case, so you can keep the charger and cord in the same location.

Note: To charge the charger, you WILL need a USB to wall converter.

Galaxy Avant Case, Body Glove Black Dropsuit Case For Samsung© Galaxy Avant
Galaxy Avant Case, Body Glove Black Dropsuit Case For Samsung© Galaxy Avant
Offered by TheCellDeal
Price: $19.60
2 used & new from $16.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Avant Case, December 9, 2014
Case fits snugly. Has a great texture. And effectively (given a few test drops, though not from the top of the Space Needle) protects against everyday drops/bumps/slips/falls.

I still think it's a tad pricey, but worth the purchase.

AERO ARMOR Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy Avant - GREEN
AERO ARMOR Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy Avant - GREEN
Offered by HandHelditems
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Nice, But Poor Fit, December 9, 2014
Merely okay... I actually like the LOOK of this product; I just didn't much care for the fit and feel.

Initially, it had a snug fit round the phone, but as I continued to use the phone -- which puts pressure on the long sides as that's where I hold it -- the top/bottom seal loosened. Eventually (as in only a few days), the case no longer had a tight seal around the entire phone, so I had to take it off and buy another brand.

As for the feel, another reviewer was spot-on. The parts you expect to be more rugged/textured (the green areas) were, in fact, slick.

Logitech Trip One-Touch Smartphone Car Mount - Retail Packaging - Polished Chrome
Price: $29.47
2 used & new from $29.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mount I've Used. Period., November 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is, by far, the BEST mount I've ever used.

It's small. It's simple. It's portable.

How does it work? It comes with two square, very (very) thin magnets that you put on the back of your device OR on the inside of your phone "case" (where you can't see it). The square magnet sticks to the round magnet that you have mounted on your car vent. It's that easy.

My only complaint? It comes with two of the square magnets, so if you get new devices or cases, you need to order an entirely new unit to get more of the magnets.

Dealgadgets Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Retro Old-type Cd Magnetic Tape Image Cd Cassette Recorder Style Design Snap-on Hard Back Case Cover (recorder)
Offered by dealgadgets
Price: $6.98
2 used & new from $6.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money..., November 22, 2014
Nope. I liked the look (fan of old-school). But the case did not fit snugly around the entire phone and kept pulling off. Sometimes, you DO get what you pay for.

Perfect Fitness Pushup Stands
Perfect Fitness Pushup Stands
Price: $12.99
2 used & new from $11.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Simple, November 22, 2014
Inexpensive. Simple. Effective.

Sometimes, when I do a lot of pushups, my wrists end up hurting due to strain (hey, I'm getting old). These allow for a different -- yet still effective in terms of end results -- grip. I can do MORE pushups with these.

They don't rotate like some other brands, but I've used those before and, honestly, I like these better. Why make a basic exercise MORE difficult? These pushup stands don't.

Keepin' it simple. That's the way to go.

Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4640 Wireless Color All-in-One Inkjet Printer with Scanner and Copier
Price: Click here to see our price
35 used & new from $249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Geared Towards the Home User; A Great Printer, Though, October 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The last three printers I've owned have all been Epson. This one -- though rather large -- is great. Mind you, this printer is geared towards the small office and a network of users. It can be set up to require individual user codes, though that feature can be ignored for a home network.

What do I like about this printer? Everything. It's insanely fast. It's loaded with features. Epson Cloud Print is a rather cool app that lets me print from all of my devices (cell phone and Kindle Fire HDX tablet). Auto-duplex is a nice bonus. Dual paper trays? Also nice. I haven't used the auto-sheet feeder for scanning yet, as I'm a mere home user, but the option is a good one, and it's quick for the single sheets I've used so far.

Admittedly, I don't print often, so I don't have tons of experience with the many features of this printer. However, compared to other printers I've owned, this one is by far superior. The ink tanks are HUGE, and I hope I don't have to replace them anytime soon -- they look to be rather pricey (and, unfortunately, no "generic" tanks are available for many Epson printers).

Final judgment? If you're a home user who does NOT print much, opt for a less expensive model.

Memorizing You
Memorizing You
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars More than expected, July 21, 2014
This review is from: Memorizing You (Kindle Edition)
Holy something. That's all I can really say.

I don't think I've been so emotional over a book in a while. Skinner does an amazing job developing his characters and making them fit -- perfectly -- into the era in which the story takes place.

Memorizing You is a wonderful novel focused on the relationship between two young men in an era when being gay is something often kept secret. What's refreshing, though, is that not only did I fall in love with the two main characters, I fell in love with many of the supporting ones. (And developed an intense dislike for others.)

If this were a heterosexual read, I could easily see it being a Lifetime or Hallmark movie. Not because it's suddenly sappy at the very end, but because it's so powerful and meaningful. I know that won't happen, but one can always hope...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 20, 2014 5:57 PM PST