Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Profile for M. B. Taylor > Reviews

Browse

M. B. Taylor's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. B. Taylor RSS Feed (San Diego, CA)

Carolina Custom Cage 18D, African Zebrawood front panel
Carolina Custom Cage 18D, African Zebrawood front panel

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, September 30, 2015
I received the habitat today and have already put it together. It was very well packaged and arrived safely. The instructions for assembly were fairly easy to follow -- perhaps because I've put together a lot of flat pack bookcases lately. All in all I'm very pleased and hope the tortoise will be, too.

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
by Catherynne M. Valente
Price: $5.22
190 used & new from $0.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Strap on your dictionary, folks, you're in for a wild ride!, November 2, 2012
I just finished reading this to my nine-year old daughter (I read her a chapter a night while she showers and prepares for bed). She loved it, and I adored it. The language reminded me of one of my favorite children's books, The Phantom Tollbooth and, of course, of Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass, with some Neil Gaiman thrown in. The best part is that while the book reminded me of these great works, it did not copy them.

Another reviewer complained that the language was a bit high-brow: what young reader, for example, would know the word "exeunt"? My dear, that's what dictionaries are for! I kept one at-hand, and every time I came across a word I knew she wouldn't know, I would look it up and read the definition aloud. My daughter can now tell you, with confidence, what "widdershins" and "dubious" mean.

I highly recommend this book to anyone, and suggest that they read it aloud to younger readers rather than just handing it off. You will help them expand their vocabulary while introducing them to a fantastic storyline.

Sudoku Puzzles for Kids
Sudoku Puzzles for Kids

2.0 out of 5 stars I understand Sudoku, but I don't get this..., November 12, 2011
Am I missing something? I downloaded this ebook to the Kindle, and it is literally just a list of numbers. One page, multiple lines, series of numbers. I can't click on anything, I can't expand anything... If you look at the screen shot from "look inside", above, you'll see the same list. So... how is this Sudoku? Is it just an error?

Sweet Maria's Italian Cookie Tray: A Cookbook
Sweet Maria's Italian Cookie Tray: A Cookbook
by Maria Bruscino Sanchez
Price: $11.54
112 used & new from $1.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Italian Bakery at Home, October 25, 2008
Having grown up in Connecticut amid its wonderful Italian bakeries, I was thrilled to find this cookbook. The fact that the author owns an Italian bakery in Waterbury was enough of a recommendation for me. So far, I have made seven of the cookie recipes, and have enjoyed them all. The only problem I had was running out of pine nuts for the Pignoli cookies. I'll buy twice as many, next time!
One reviewer complained about the lack of photos in the book, so I am posting my own.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2016 6:53 PM PST

Snow Falling on Cedars: A Novel
Snow Falling on Cedars: A Novel
by David Guterson
Price: $9.97
1868 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it, but had a concern, January 27, 2000
I was looking for SOMETHING to read, and saw the movie previews for Snow Falling on Cedars. Thought, what the heck. The previews look good. And actually, I enjoyed the book. We get rich characters and scenery. I felt like heading down to the docks after reading some of the fishing scenes. The main character did something I found annoying (can't reveal it -- that might spoil the book) but the main character doesn't have to be infallible. My one concern was the author's inexplicable preoccupation with the male sex organ, specifically, in mentioning it several times when it was unneccessary. For that reason, and the descriptions of sex, I wouldn't recommend this book for teens.