Profile for Kevin Johnson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 269

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin Johnson "Kevin on-the-go" RSS Feed (Martinsburg, WV)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
FireSteel Armageddon with Super Scraper and Lanyard
FireSteel Armageddon with Super Scraper and Lanyard
Offered by GearUpNow
Price: $27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice beefy rod for the fire kit., October 28, 2014
Nice beefy rod for the fire kit.

Blackhawk Garra II Plain Edge.
Blackhawk Garra II Plain Edge.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2nd one..... I love 'em!, October 28, 2014
I love this knife! This is my second one. My first got lost or stolen, so I replaced it immediately. I have many popular knives by many popular makers. This is by far my favorite and is my EDC. I was turned on to karambit blades about 12 years ago, they are all I carry now. Anyone that has carried a quality karambit blade knows the benefits. If you've never owned one, you're missing out! I prefer the plain blade over the combo blade. I've just found that I rarely used the serrations, therefore I prefer the full length of the blade be plain, which is more functional for my personal uses.

Ontario 9423BM Ranger RD Hawk II (Black)
Ontario 9423BM Ranger RD Hawk II (Black)
Offered by Makais
Price: $81.99
33 used & new from $81.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a hatchet / tomahawk crossover..... I love it!, October 28, 2014
I agree with the earlier reviewer that said, "Its more of a hatchet, than a tomahawk". It actually is! Thats part of the reason I bought it. I'm ok with "tactic-cool" gear, but I needed something in between hatchet and tomahawk. I wanted a tomahawk that was a "work horse". It works well as a hatchet and I have no doubt it could split a wig as well as it splits wood. The sheath can be worn on a belt and is molle compatible, by way of velcro belt loops. I wish it would have came with "snap" belt loops instead of the hook-n-loop style, other than that, I'm very pleased with the purchase.

Premium Shemagh Head Neck Scarf - Dark Brown/Black
Premium Shemagh Head Neck Scarf - Dark Brown/Black
Offered by Tapp Collections
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin, but not bad., October 28, 2014
Yes it is thin, but I prefer it that way. I have replaced a couple of bandanas in my hiking bag with these. I find them to be much larger and more versatile.

Proforce Sniper Face Veil / Scarf Cotton Camo
Proforce Sniper Face Veil / Scarf Cotton Camo
Offered by Tactical Intent
Price: $12.00
31 used & new from $5.35

2.0 out of 5 stars HIGH price, LOW quality., October 28, 2014
Until now, I have been very pleased with Camocon products, this one.... not so much. Only 2 sides have hems, leaving the other 2 sides to unravel. I bought this daily because it was cotton, thinking it would be soft/absorbant. The camo is printed only on one side. The paint/dye (pretty sure its paint) makes the fabric stiff and "scratchy" on the skin. In its current state, I'd never wear it as a scarf or head wrap. I'm going to give it a wash and see if it softens up, and see how much it unravels. I'll update after it dries.

Sherpak Hood Loops (Pair)
Sherpak Hood Loops (Pair)
Price: $5.95
5 used & new from $5.47

5.0 out of 5 stars In conjunction with the hatch loops (the ones with perpendicular ..., September 18, 2014
This review is from: Sherpak Hood Loops (Pair) (Sports)
In conjunction with the hatch loops (the ones with perpendicular hose on the end) it makes hauling a kayak a snap!

Coghlan's 7890 Sleeping Bag Straps
Coghlan's 7890 Sleeping Bag Straps
Offered by Reiss Innovations, LLC
Price: $5.34
25 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 18, 2014
These things have hundreds of uses!

Portable USB Emergency AA Battery Powered Charger With Flashlight for Cellphone iPhone iPod MP3/MP4 player Black
Offered by kkmoon
Price: $1.60
7 used & new from $1.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for daily hard use, but ok for a weekend trip., September 18, 2014
3 out of 4 worked. I see these as disposable items.

Ultimate Survival Technologies 60-Day Lantern, Orange
Ultimate Survival Technologies 60-Day Lantern, Orange
Price: $53.18
26 used & new from $48.61

4.0 out of 5 stars ALMOST perfect., September 18, 2014
2 things would make this perfect. Addition of a red light (I'd rather have red than SOS) and reversing the lumen selection. Why start out on HIGH, instead of low? You BLAST everyone in the tent when you turn it on. Fix those and you'd have a 5-star product!

Deuter Helmet Holder Black One Size
Deuter Helmet Holder Black One Size
Offered by Tahoe Mountain Sports Co.
Price: $15.00
6 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, September 18, 2014
This review is from: Deuter Helmet Holder (Sports)
I use mine to keep my brain-bucket on my kayak when I'm not doing whitewater.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20