Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Dusty Yefsky > Reviews

Browse

Dusty Yefsky's Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dusty Yefsky ""Geo"" RSS Feed (Ocean County, NJ, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Dictator: A novel (Ancient Rome Trilogy)
Dictator: A novel (Ancient Rome Trilogy)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This Trilogy on the life of the eminent Orator and Statesman, Marcus Tullius Cicero stands as a Triumphal witness of Roman Repub, January 21, 2016
Five stars for these extraordinary novels written by Robert Harris, Imperium, Conspirita and Dictator are a fascinating look at the fall of the Roman Republic. I felt as though I was standing in the antechamber of the Senate of Rome hearing and seeing all of the famous and infamous denizens of that once noble assembly. My reading has taken me on a journey through time, over th course of my seventy years to many books about ancient Rome. . Colleen McCullough has been my favorite author of these times with her books about the last century BC. From Gaius Marius to Antony and Cleopatra suicides and the enthronement of Augustus Caesar as Emperor gave me a broad outline of that tumultuous era. However, Cicero was usually a side character, not really given much time except for some law case victories he had. These books opened my eyes to the brilliance of this man and his ideas. His Secretary, Tiro was a masterstroke for Mr Harris to use as his narrator. We don't see in these books the Shakespearean view of Julius Caesar or Marc Antony, we see and feel the gritty underbelly of Roman power. I'll probably add more to this review as time goes by. I just finished reading Dictator, this afternoon. I must digest what I read and give a more concise one, then. But I want to make one comment about how these books remind me of our present situation in our own country. Is our country on the verge of going the way of republican Rome? Are we on the edge of dictatorship? Will we succumb under the weight of our own callous disregard for the rule of law? JUST THINGS TO PONDER. These three books are most highly recommended for older teens to senior adults.

Imperium: A Novel of Ancient Rome
Imperium: A Novel of Ancient Rome
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cicero, from legal advocate to Consul-elect., December 14, 2015
This book by Robert Harris tells the story of Marcus Tullius Cicero from his early days in the law courts of the Forum Romanum to his election to Consul. I found this to be a entertaining story of the late Roman Republic and the characters that inhabited the halls of power in the great city of Roma. We meet all the famous ones of the time, Pompey, Crassus, JULIUS CAESAR, Catulus, Hortensius and many others. However, the tale is told through the eyes of his private secretary, Tiro, who when he was nearly 100 years old wrote the best biography of Cicero ( later destroyed in the sack of Rome ).Mr.Harris is quite good in developing plot and characterizations. I felt like I was along for the ride as Cicero's career took a variety of twists and turns. I will anxiously await the further adventures of Cicero and Tiro in the next installments. 5 stars is applicable, here.

Coverlet Latex-Free Adhesive Dressings Strips - 1 inch X 3 Inches,100 / Box
Coverlet Latex-Free Adhesive Dressings Strips - 1 inch X 3 Inches,100 / Box
Offered by Prime Health Wellness
Price: $8.03
19 used & new from $4.15

3.0 out of 5 stars Major find in the Adhesive dressings market. ( It doesn't take much to make me happy. ) Higher rating pending purchase., August 25, 2015
I am really excited to find these bandaids sold in the USA. My wife and I travel up to Canada every few years to visit relatives in the greater Toronto area and we were shown the product "Elastoplast" dressings in the Drug marts . I bought 3 boxes and brought them back home, this week, because we were running low. My daughter has been sent some in the past by us and she would like to get them. Now we know the Beiersdorf makes both Elastoplast and Coverlet products. The products sound identical. This would be a major find as this will keep us from spending many dollars going to Canada to buy them.

The Hyperion Cantos 4-Book Bundle: Hyperion, The Fall of Hyperion, Endymion, The Rise of Endymion
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The absolutely best science fiction I've ever read., June 10, 2015
I'm 70 years old and have read many different science fiction/ fantasy books since my teen years. This, by far, is the most riveting story I've read
, in this genre. Dan Simmons is a very creative and cohesive writer who can manage a huge story with many diverse characters and bring them all together to a coherent conclusion. I just finished the series, tonight and am." blown away".
If I could, I would give this series a.ten star rating and highly recommend it to teens/young adults to seniors like.myself. Thanks again, Dan Simmons for many happy reading hours.

The Dovekeepers: A Novel
The Dovekeepers: A Novel
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific mini series based on The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. Highly recommended, March 31, 2015
I am watching the mini-series, right now and I am very impressed with the story, so far. My wife and I went to the Holy Land two years ago and visited Masada with our tour. I've heard of the historic siege but didn't realize the scope of the tragedy. We walked the perimeter on the walls overlooking the Dead Sea and wondered what life would have been like for the 900 people who lived on top of this mountain. I bought the works of Flavius Josephus on KINDLE to get some background information about them. As I watch the last scenes of the first episode the Sam Neill character is revealed to Josephus, himself. How ironic! The women playing the lead parts in the story are excellent. I'm not sure of their names as I turned it on ten minutes after it started, but they tell.a.very compelling story. I'm.going to read the book asap Alice Hoffman is an awesome writer. I give the series 5 stars, ill come.back to rate the book,soon.

Plastic Surgery Simulator
Plastic Surgery Simulator
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars it doesnt live up to the expectations of my ideas of photoshopping., June 21, 2014
This review is from: Plastic Surgery Simulator (App)
This product does not perform. Don't.buy it. I.can't figure out how to download pics to.do.a.makeover. It's pathetic. I never give bad reviews, hardly. However, this product does.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2015 3:19 AM PDT

James Hilton, Collected Novels: So Well Remembered, Random Harvest, and We Are Not Alone
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love James Hilton's writings., June 17, 2014
I am watching Random Harvest om TCM. Ronald Colman and Greer Garson head up an all star cast. I havent read the book since high school. I intend to re-read it presently.

Cash - Ultimate Gospel (Retail Version)
Cash - Ultimate Gospel (Retail Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't help lovin' JR Cash singin' Gospel, March 31, 2014
I bought this as an LP many years ago and still find that the music is well worth buying again for my Kindle. Johnny was in his prime when these songs were recorded. His voice was strong and quite musical. He really sung the "message". He is missed!

American IV: The Man Comes Around
American IV: The Man Comes Around
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Before you "cash" in your chips, spend some cash for Cash., March 31, 2014
I've been a big fan of Johnny Cash for many years. However, I was mostly familiar with his gospel music recordings. These "American" label albums ( The Man Comes Around, Unchained & Ain't no Grave ) are very special. Even though he was not in good voice on the later albums, he still resonated with that deep baritone growl. There are too many favorites to pick out I purchased these as down-loads on my Kindle Fire and have played them on my PC as well. Johnny was an American Icon for Country & Gospel music. Spend some cash for JR Cash.

Byzantium
Byzantium
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BRIGHT GLEAMS THE ANCIENT CITY OF BYZANTIUM, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Byzantium (Kindle Edition)
This was a very interesting and absorbing story about a religious pilgrimage from Ireland to Constantinople ( and many other places in between). I highly enjoyed this story. It evidently based on historical incidences. Aidan is a remarkable and very human priest. Many of his thoughts we've all had, at times. Stephen R. Lawhead is a wonderful writer who has written many books.that take place in the Dark-ages. He has a way of getting the Gospel out to the masses without being overbearing. I recommend this book to young adults and older folks like me. 5 blazing stars for a.terrific read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3