Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Sister <3 > Reviews

Browse

Sister <3's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sister <3 RSS Feed

The Care and Keeping of You (American Girl) (American Girl Library)
The Care and Keeping of You (American Girl) (American Girl Library)
by Valorie Lee Schaefer
Price: $8.96
563 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and informative!, January 23, 2011
I got this book when I was 8. I am 21 now and am buying a new one for my 8 year old sister. Recently she has been asking questions about her body and the way that it works. As her sister she knows that she can always come to me or her mother, but I remember being her age, and this book really helped me through those awkward pre-teen years when your changing body can be quite embarrassing to talk about with others. It helped me to become aware of my body and how I should treat it. From the day that I got this book to the present, I have always made sure that I brush my teeth twice a day, wash my face, etc. It really helped me pick up good, healthy habits that have stuck with me and will stick with me for the rest of my life.

I do agree that the book is a bit graphic (the 5 breast stages and how to insert a tampon) but its not graphic to the point of being inappropriate. In my opinion, the diagrams and pictures really help prepare a young girl for what's to come and it makes the book 10x more interesting. American Girl obviously realizes that young girls are extremely curious creatures, so the pictures really let them get a first hand look at those important parts of the body.

I highly recommend this book for every young girl. I am positive that it will help my sister through this crazy and confusing time in her life, and when I have kids of my own I will pass it down to them as well :)