Profile for Jimmy B > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jimmy B RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Waiters Corkscrew by HiCoup - Premium Rosewood Handle All-in-one Corkscrew, Bottle Opener and Foil Cutter
Offered by HiCoup
Price: $19.85
2 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, March 16, 2015
Works great! Tool has all the torque you need for tall corks!

Garden Hose Nozzle / Hand Sprayer - Heavy Duty 10 Pattern Metal Watering Nozzle - High Pressure - Pistol Grip Front Trigger - Flow Control Setting Knob - Suitable for Car Wash, Cleaning, Watering Lawn and Garden - Ideal for Washing Dogs & Pets
Offered by Equinox International
Price: $29.95

Swiss Watch International 21 MM Black Genuine Alligator Strap 21ABT01M
Swiss Watch International 21 MM Black Genuine Alligator Strap 21ABT01M

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Strap, March 13, 2013
Was looking around for a leather "alligator patterned" strap because real alligator seemed too expensive, until I found this band. It looks great on my watch (wanted all black since factory band had white stitching and was a tad long with the quick-release clasp). This band is probably a "medium" to "medium-long" in length. I have a 7 1/2-inch wrist, and it's secured in the last hole but still looks fantastic.

Pros:
1) Thick cushy band with tan underside. Lovely alligator pattern. Very classy look.
2) Made in America!
3) Has quick release pins built in to the band--a very nice feature if you've never used it.
4) Price can't be beat.

Cons:
1) Still more expensive than other non-alligator leather bands.
2) Packaging rather cheap (just a plastic sleeve).

I wouldn't hesitate to buy other SWI's straps, especially at this price point. And no one will know the different between this strap and those from more well-known brands.

Stuhrling Original Men's 170.33152 Classic Delphi Helix Automatic Skeleton Silver Dial Watch
Price: $136.00
4 used & new from $136.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Dress Watch--Incredible Value, February 13, 2013
Bought this watch on a whim (Amazon Daily Deal over the holidays). It was the best impulse decision I've made. Beautiful timepiece, clockwork and gears exposed in all their glory (well, let's face it, it's not the most decorated movement--but at this price, who cares!). The blue is a lovely shade and really showcases the silver patterned face and stainless steel case. This is now my go-to dress watch when I'm wearing blacks or blues.

Pros:
--Excellent dress watch
--Pretty accurate for an automatic!
--Capable of being wound

Cons:
--Crown is slippery and hard to pull out
--Leather strap not made for smaller wrists
--Lume mostly non-existent

Would highly recommend this watch for someone needing a dress watch that will attract attention.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Raymond Weil Women's 9440-STG-97081 Parsifal Diamond Accented 18k Gold-Plated and Stainless Steel Watch
4 used & new from $1,174.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant and Stylish Timepiece, December 12, 2012
Bought this from Amazon (Daily Deal) as a Christmas present for my wife. Arrived next day in a very impressive, large RW box (actually a box inside a box). Once wrapped, it will be impossible to tell there's a watch under all that packaging. Yes, the battery was dead (pretty sure this is an older, discontinued model, that must have been on a shelf for a while) and I've ready in other reviews that this happens. But $15 and a new battery later, I have an exquisite luxury watch that I can't wait to give my wife. And she won't have to change the battery again for a couple years.

--THE DISPLAY: Absolutely gorgeous mother of pearl (MOP) that is hard to fully appreciate without seeing in person. The light reflects in a myriad ways, mostly purplish hues, off the MOP dial The gold on the bezel, crown and band is light in color and adds elegance to the watch without distraction. The diamonds really pop in the gold settings. While not luminescent, the oblong triangle-shaped hands are thick and complement the rest of the gold well. I'm glad there is no second hand--it would only distract.

--THE CASE: This appears to be a very solid watch. It's thin but weighty and its smooth disk shape is very stylish. The dial window gently curves to form a small dome. Again, the bezel's color complements the rest of the watch and the notched pattern looks much better than the pictures, throwing off light from the 18K gold plate.

--THE CROWN: The blue sapphire jewel set into the crown adds a very elegant touch. It sits high enough to let light threw it, making a very nice statement.

--THE BRACELET: Again appears to be the highest quality. The gold plating doesn't extend around the whole way, but very few people will see the bottom side anyway. The links have high-quality screw fasteners (not pins) and the "RW" logo adorns the clasp.

Overall, this is the best purchase I've made in a long while (hopefully my wife will agree). And don't let your heart stop if the watch is dead on arrival--a new battery is all it probably needs.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2012 8:14 AM PST

Invicta Men's 12802 Specialty Collection White Dial Nylon Watch Set with Four Interchangeable Straps

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic--Exceeded Expectations!, November 20, 2012
Bought three as a daily deal and was somewhat skeptical about what I was actually getting for the price. Well, I am impressed (at least by the appearance). I'm not a watch snob, typically wearing a Timex Ironman or my grandfather's gold watch) but this watch is really eye-catching. The first thing I noticed was the size. This is not a Timex-sized watch--it takes up a good piece of your wrist. Very hefty with a handsome glossy stainless steel case that does not look cheap. The bands are very thick with chunky hardware. They are thick, trendy-looking and extremely easy to change out. I'll have to see if it is as durable as it looks, but right now I am sorry I didn't order more, especially since I am keeping one of them for myself.

BlackVue DR400G-HD Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder GPS 16GB +Worldwide Express
BlackVue DR400G-HD Car Black Box/Car DVR Recorder GPS 16GB +Worldwide Express
3 used & new from $375.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera/Software but Gets HOT, August 13, 2012
So far, I've been very pleased with this purchase, with ONE caveat (see bottom of review). Before this purchase, I had an Itronics ITB-70G Car Black Box Dash Camera, purchased in March. It functioned perfectly until dying in July. There was no warranty that I could find and the Korean company seems to have disappeared, so end of story.

I was reluctant to purchase a new one, considering the short life span of the Itronics, but really like the features on the BlackVue and hadn't read anything bad when I pulled the trigger.

Pros:

--The camera is small and unobtrusive. I've mounted mine just below the headliner and hard-wired it with cable that runs up the A pillar.

--HD looks very crisp. License plates are usually readable.

--Can handle up to 32GB micro SD card to maximize amount of footage (10 hours of full HD, 36+ hours on lowest resolution).

--Records in 1-minute segments that are categorized as 1) normal driving; 2) parking mode (when movement sensed); and 3) an incident happened strong enough to trigger the G sensor. When it goes into parking mode, the camera is still on but it doesn't transfer the images onto the card, thus saving SD card space (a great feature). Since it records in a loop and erases footage when there is too much data on the card, you can tell it to save the incident data/parking movement footage.

--Software program is great. Uses Google maps to track the location and has a myriad of settings, including different G sensor setting for the parking mode and driving mode (so every pothole doesn't trigger the sensor).

Cons:

--Gets REALLY hot. Almost too hard to touch camera after shutting down. Can't imagine what this does to SD card, which must sizzle inside this camera.

--Uses micro SD cards (Itronics ITB-70G used normal sized one).

--Recommends reformatting the SD card weekly.

--Lots of lights on camera. Big LED on end, blinking record button, GPS light. The default setting also includes an audible voice telling you when the unit is turning on, turning off parking mode, formatting the disk, etc. Luckily, most of these can be turned off with the software.

--Camera is a little difficult to release from base in car.

The caveat (for me anyway): I don't feel comfortable leaving this unit on in my parked car on really hot days (which is 3-4 months of the year here). I've read --after I bought this camera -- that the performance of these BlackVue cameras will suffer under extreme heat and maybe even fail. On the few days I've left this camera on in the hot sun I haven't had a problem, but I don't feel like risking it. And, in truth, this camera is rated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit which a car parked in direct sun might exceed. I wanted a plug-in-and-forget-it unit, but instead I will only use the BlackVue certain times of the year and long trips.

UPDATE: October 10, 2012--I am pretty sure the BlackVue, which I had running night and day, killed my 3-year-old car battery. Even though I had it running through a device to kill power when the battery got low, my car, on two occasions, would not start in the morning. Took the battery to Sears and they said it was toast. My guess is that the constant draining (from the BlackVue) and recharging of the car battery eventually took its toll. I have rewired the unit to only operate when the ignition is on and have had no problems. And at least I can pretty much "leave it and forget it" now since the heat is no longer an issue. But beware of leaving this camera on when the ignition is off.

Only other issue: Had the camera freeze up on me once, but I chalk that one up to not having reformatted the SD card. Otherwise it has worked flawlessly. Still merits 4 starts in my book.

Apple AIP4HOC Shell Holster Combo with Kickstand for Apple iPhone 4 - Non-Retail Packaging - Black
Offered by JCB Park
Price: $6.01
23 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect iPhone 4S Case (and cheap!), November 2, 2011
I have the Sprint iPhone 4S and love this case. Fits like a glove and "clicks" in place on the holster. Started with a "bumper" type iPhone case that likely offers better protection than this case, but looked hideous and didn't have a belt clip. This case maintains the integrity of the phone's looks and still offers decent protection.

Highs:
--Great design
--Looks complement iPhone 4S
--"Kickstand" for viewing
--Belt clip swivels for horizonal or vertical wearing
--Affordable

Lows:
--Won't protect as well as other padded cases
--Thieves will know you have an iPhone 4.

So good and well-priced, I have another on order in case this one wears out some day.

iBert Safe-T Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat
iBert Safe-T Front Mounted Child Bicycle Seat
Offered by BicycleSourceUS
Price: $99.95
6 used & new from $83.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware: Can Make Biking Difficult/Unsafe, October 7, 2010
I was pleasantly surprised with the simplicity of this seat and its easy mounting bracket. Took seconds to hook up. Unfortunately, it was very hard to ride the bike after the seat was in place. I had to shimmy into place on the bike seat and my knees would hit the iBert as I pedaled. Made it very treacherous to stop and extricate yourself from under the iBert. Also didn't work for my wife. We have pretty standard path/pavement bikes--mine's a Raleigh C30 and hers a Giant--so I'm not sure how this seat works for others. It has been returned and we are happy with our cheapy rear-mounted child seat.

Monster Cable HTS 800 Home Theater PowerCenter with Clean Power Stage 1
Monster Cable HTS 800 Home Theater PowerCenter with Clean Power Stage 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture Perfect, December 14, 2009
I can't speak highly enough of this device. Recently purchased 47-inch LG LED television and, upon setting it all up, was completely devastated to see a solid horizontal line creeping up the screen on most digital (Cox) cable channels. Was less pronounced when particular energy-saving florescent light was off, so I knew it must be electrical interference. Long story short, this power center completely cured the problem and all channels are crystal clear--no background noise what so ever. Also have connected cable line though the power center and have piece of mind against power surges. For the price, this product is a no-brainer.

Page: 1 | 2