Profile for Curtis Caylor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Curtis Caylor RSS Feed (Albuquerque, NM USA)

Working at the Ubuntu Command-Line Prompt (Linux Nitty Gritty)
Working at the Ubuntu Command-Line Prompt (Linux Nitty Gritty)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Old DOS user; Newbie Linux, June 2, 2012
I agree with the previous reviewer; best buck on Linux ever spent.
Keir does a great job at explaining complex Linux stuff.
I'm going to look for some more current books he's written on Linux and buy one.

Hay, it's only a buck ;)

Intel Core i7-3930K Hexa-Core Processor 3.2 Ghz 12 MB Cache LGA 2011 - BX80619I73930K
Offered by Mega Micro Devices Inc.
Price: $623.60
27 used & new from $400.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfulness, March 22, 2012
You might want to order some chocolate and chips with this too, you'll be staying up half the night trying to push it higher with each reboot. I feel like a kid again trying to get one more kilobyte of memory from QEMM.

My eyes hurt from staying up to three o'clock in the morning trying to get a few more MGZ from this great chip. I finally relented at 4.532 GHZ.
That is a 67% increase over stock so I'm really happy. I kept trying to get >4.6 GHZ but kept getting the BSOD.

This thing overclocks like no other chip I've owned. Intel, you did a great job with this.

With two 256 gig Samsung SSDs in raid 0, 32 gigs of RAM, I'm in geek heaven. As another commenter said above, why get the big brother when this overclocks as well as it does? I bought this for about half a grand less.

Be sure to get a good cooling system ordered too because it does not include one. I'm running the Corsair H80 which comes with dual fans, so it's easy to set it up in a push/pull configuration. My CPU temp is running around 32-36 degrees F. Yes, these CPUs are in short supply, but believe me it's worth the wait!

Have fun overclockers!