Profile for BloodDAnna > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 31

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BloodDAnna RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Freezer Recipes: Mix And Freeze- A Collection Of Recipes That Offer The Perfect Freezer Meals. (Quick & Easy Recipes)
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for "healthy", this one isn't it., March 4, 2015
Before you stock up on canned goods to create these dishes please take the time to read the labels, a can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup contains 740 mg of sodium, so 31% of your daily requirement. This is probably the 100th e cookbook I have downloaded that every other recipe starts with a sodium filled can of Cream of Something condensed soup or sugar filled jars of pasta sauce or salsa. One recipe even combined a jar of salsa w/ a can of cream of chicken soup to pour onto chicken....not sure why you would freeze it though.

Violence Begets...
Violence Begets...

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a warm and fuzzy love story, February 25, 2015
I generally stay away from contemporary fiction, I like to escape real life when I read so this isn't a book I would normally read but really did enjoy it. This isn't a warm and fuzzy love story, it's gritty, real and dark. Normally the 2 person perspective story telling thing doesn't work for me but in this book, it's actually pretty helpful.

The main characters are like guys I knew growing up; things going on in their lives that are hidden and just trying to survive till they turn 18 so they can escape. I could seriously see this as a movie, for some reason I kept picturing the actor Ted McGinley as Kevin's dad all Mr Perfect for the public and calmly evil at home.

I noticed in the acknowledgment that the author worked on this for 13 years, please don't wait so long for the next one :)

Clutch: Custom Culture #2
Clutch: Custom Culture #2

3.0 out of 5 stars Story is meh, cover model is hot though, February 13, 2015
If I were still in High School then maybe I would have enjoyed this more, as an adult there really wasn't much appeal for me. This is my first book from this author, I assume this is one in a series since there were way too many characters being introduced along w/ all of their sub-plots. I probably would not download another book from this author based upon this one.

I have to mention something that has me still wondering what a "rod iron bed board" is. Clutch and Taylor are getting friendly in bed and there it is: he uses a ribbon to tie her hands to the rod iron bed board. Am I the only person that was thinking, "WTH is that? Don't you mean wrought iron headboard?" Taylor's bedroom also had a "bed board". That may not bother other people but this story line was not very memorable, the characters were not very interesting and it all seemed very juvenile but HEY! I will probably never forget that Clutch has a rod iron bed board.

EXCALIBUR BLACK LEATHER CARBON & STEEL ARMOR MOTORCYCLE GLOVES SIZE L
EXCALIBUR BLACK LEATHER CARBON & STEEL ARMOR MOTORCYCLE GLOVES SIZE L
Offered by jackets4bikes owned & operated by I2X Gears, Inc.
Price: $49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Better QC might Help!!!, November 20, 2014
After looking for awhile for a new set of gloves I found these and decided to pick these up as I really liked the look of them ( Copy of the Icon Timax ). I was excited when I got them and promptly opened the bag and put them on. At first glance they looked great, But as I put them on I noticed left was a bit larger then the right ( Yes, they do run small as I purchased a large and they fit like a Medium ) I also noticed the stitching coming apart. There was also a hole between the fingers and on the sides of the glove. There was what looked like a cutting mistake on the glove they stitched back together. I suspect all the leather is not "real" either nor do I believe the Carbon fiber to be real. I don't blame jackets4bikes for the Manufacturing but maybe someone should check the Gloves before they ship them and not have these problems in the future. I did send them back but I will be ordering another pair. Hopefully I don't get the "Bad Apple" next time!! Received 2nd Pair of gloves 2 days early. Better construction and fit (Large). Still looked very cool! could have been a 5 star last time around if it had gone like this time.

Low Carb Diet Cookbook: Quick And Easy Low Carb Recipes For Extreme Weight Loss (Low Carb Diet and Weight Loss Recipes)

2.0 out of 5 stars Confusing recipes with missing ingredients, September 10, 2014
I'm curious to see the results when someone tries making Easy Vanilla Danish: 1 egg, 2 oz low fat cream cheese, 25 teaspoons of vanilla and 2 packets of Splenda stirred up "nuked" for 2 minutes. Really? A half cup of vanilla? I envision a sweet brown liquidy substance that makes the microwave smell really nice.

Also, to be Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies the ingredient list should probably not start w/ 1 1/2 cups flour...the average person would assume all purpose flour which is not gluten free and I think the 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup corn syrup make it high in simple carbohydrates.

I was a bit confused by the recipe for Easy Chicken Salad (59 calories per serving) with NO chicken in the recipe at all. Calorically I think the 1/4 cup of fat free yogurt and 10 other ingredients exceed 59 calories.

IMO you should pass this one up if you are looking for Low Carb healthy recipes to try. Most were full of sodium and fat. The recipes were missing ingredients and switched between UK and US measurements ie: 150 grams of leftover cooked roast beef + 2 cups mixed greens + 30 grams unripened soft goat cheese etc
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2014 10:25 AM PDT

The Darkest Secret: A New Adult Romance Novel
The Darkest Secret: A New Adult Romance Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read IMO, July 27, 2014
I don't generally read contemporary fiction but I thought the premise for this sounded interesting and I am really happy that I read it.

Basically, this is the story of the sheltered daughter of a celebrity that completely loses herself with her first serious relationship with a manipulative male and how she comes back from the edge of self destruction. The story alternates between the two main characters' perspectives, one being from Amber that focuses a lot of time replaying the last few years of her life and Jaime, a newly hired security person that becomes her first "friend" since her mental crack up and self imposed isolation in her dad's home.

This story line reminded me a lot of the movie Fear w/ Mark Wahlberg and Reese Witherspoon with a touch of recent celebrity drama mixed in. I think it's a good read for someone trying to get insight into quasi abusive relationships in young adults. How subtle the abuse starts and how quickly it spirals into something twisted and out of control.

The sex in this book is not romantic by nature but more of an example of how Justin uses it to control and manipulate Amber and in turn Amber using Jaime to take back her own sexuality while trying to heal herself.

Some people are really hung up on grammar and editing in these free e-books, if you are one of those people then be warned because there are a few words out of context along with a few sentences that are almost backwards. I'm not going to hold that against the author because IMO, this is a pretty solid read.

My Lady's Champion
My Lady's Champion
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars A few firsts for me, January 15, 2014
I have never read a book where the characters spent so much time jumping to conclusions until this one. One page the main characters are caught up in the throws of passion and the next one of them suspects the other is up to something nefarious. These weren't even mild assumptions, they went from point A to Z in a few sentences so that I felt the need to re-read to make sure I hadn't missed something.

I will also agree with the other review in regards to the heroine. Never have I read a book where I was desperate for the H to punch the h straight in the face to shut her up...until this one. Lady Melissande was not only spoiled but impetuous, mouthy, obnoxious as well as utterly unlikable and seemingly unstable. Hard to buy into any attraction Quinn de Sayerne could have towards her as he didn't seem like a masochist.

Generally I fall in love w/ Harlequin authors but not this time.

Caesar III [Download]
Caesar III [Download]
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A little easy, January 4, 2014
After playing Pharoah and Cleopatra I figured the next step would be Caesar but it seems pedestrian in comparison. The control panel is virtually the same as is the overall concept but I got bored pretty quickly because it just seems way easier. I'm happy I paid like $1.49, I think I paid a buck for the other games at the Goodwill but I don't see myself playing this for nearly the amount of time as I have into the other Impressions games.

A Wish to Build a Dream On
A Wish to Build a Dream On
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Short story but well written, November 24, 2013
This short story was so well written I went to the book store and picked up the book it came from, Mammoth Book of Time Travel Romance. The teaser story after this e-book was only a few chapters revolving around an Irish girl and her Viking captive...it served it's purpose as well and sucked me in so I am looking forward to finishing it.

To be quite honest, while I was reading this I thought it was one of the better FREE e-books I've picked up and once I discovered that the author writes for Harlequin then it all made sense. I was also prompted to pick up a few of the Harlequins she has written while at the book store, one of my guilty pleasures. This was one of those instances where a short story turned me on to a new author so for that reason alone I am happy to have had the opportunity to download it.

Styxx (Dark-Hunter Novels Book 17)
Styxx (Dark-Hunter Novels Book 17)
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Acheron Rehash, October 8, 2013
I wish I would not have pre-ordered and blocked out a weekend planning to savor this book only to find myself skimming over 1/3 because it was a rehash of Acheron from a different perspective. As others have mentioned this book is chock full of Styxx being brutalized mentally, physically and sexually from every being that comes into contact with him save his childhood trainer and lady love. To be quite honest I was desensitized to the brutality early on, several sexual attacks on the hero every other chapter over 800+ pages just deadened me to it...actually I started to get there in the Acheron.

Was pretty bored to tears with Time Untime and feel ripped off paying for a rehash of Acheron's book. My love of the Dark Hunter series has wavered and I probably won't be buying any more hardbacks, I'll just wait till I can score one at the used book store and use trade credit instead of real money.

If you have not purchased Styxx you might wait until the price drops so if you are disappointed at least you didn't pay full price.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4