Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for Just ME > Reviews

Browse

Just ME's Profile

Customer Reviews: 50

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Just ME "Mixed Girl" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Columbia Men's Big & Tall Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0 Fleece Jacket, Black, 5X
Columbia Men's Big & Tall Steens Mountain Full Zip 2.0 Fleece Jacket, Black, 5X

4.0 out of 5 stars My take, April 18, 2016
I am a girl but I felt the female jackets were a bit too tight. However, I miscalculated my size and ordered a size or two too big. But that is okay, I wear it on top of my North Face jacket and combined they make you quite warm in windy conditions where by themselves, you'd still be miserable.

adidas Performance Women's 3 Stripes Pant, Collegiate Navy/Flash Pink S15, 3X-Large
Offered by Doozy Of A Deal LLC
Price: $19.89
6 used & new from $19.89

4.0 out of 5 stars My 2 Cents Worth, April 18, 2016
I am usually a 4x when it comes to my pants but with sweatpants, I can sometimes go down a size. I bought the 3XL and they fit very comfortably. I thought they'd be tight but they weren't. I didn't think the length of the pants would effect me since I am 5'7 and am getting a pair of pants that are smaller than my usual size. But there was still a bit of length. I wear my pants over my stomach so much of the length was mitigated by the time I put on my shoes. But still, sometimes, they would get close enough to the ground. But otherwise, these pants are very comfortable.

Mixed Chicks Morning After Redefining Foam
Mixed Chicks Morning After Redefining Foam
Offered by ienjoybeauty
Price: $17.99
11 used & new from $12.77

2.0 out of 5 stars There is a reason its hard to find this product being used on Youtube, March 13, 2016
I love going to Youtube to get ideas for hair products and Mixed Chicks has been one that many have used. My hair is a mixture of 3C and 4A and the Mixed Chicks products have been okay in my hair, not necessarily the best but its been okay. However, this particular product that you use the next day has been horrible. At first it seems okay when going into your hair but it seems to take the moisture right out of my hair and make it dry. This product might work for hair that is less coarse but for me, its a dud.

Diamond in the Dust (Second Chances Time Travel Romance Series) (Volume 3)
Diamond in the Dust (Second Chances Time Travel Romance Series) (Volume 3)
by Peggy L Henderson
Price: $11.78
12 used & new from $9.41

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it., September 13, 2015
I love reading time travel romance books especially where the hero comes to the present. At first, I disregarded this book as it didn't seem very interesting. But I gave it a chance and am very glad I did. As far as plots go, this book really is no different than any other time travel romance book. I didn't read the books that came before this book and you really don't have to in order to understand the story although I'm sure doing so would provide a much more well-rounded reading experience.

The best thing about this book is how realistic it almost feels. What I mean is that you really do feel like Gabe is from out of time. In other time travel romance books, the hero seems to have little trouble adjusting to modern times. But Gabe struggles with how things have changed and its enjoyable to see. Its an ongoing problem that takes several chapters to overcome. I wish more books would do that. If time travel were possible, this book probably would come the closest to portraying how someone out of time would react to the modern world. And for that, this book is high on my list of favorite time travel books.

Batman: Haunted Knight
Batman: Haunted Knight
by Jeph Loeb
Price: $10.34
158 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed all of the other Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale books and ..., August 30, 2015
This review is from: Batman: Haunted Knight (Paperback)
I enjoyed all of the other Jeph Loeb/Tim Sale books and so I figured why not go ahead and read this? This book is very much about Bruce Wayne than it is about Batman.

In the first tale, Batman is going after Scarecrow but the real story is about Bruce Wayne meeting a woman and falling in love but things aren't as they appear.

The second story features Mad Hatter who kidnaps Babs years before she is Batgirl. In this story, we learn the significance of the story Alice in Wonderland in Bruce Wayne's life.

The last story deals with a Halloween style of A Christmas Story. Batman is visited by 3 spirits in the form of Poison Ivy, Joker, and Death. Again we learn more about Bruce Wayne in this story.

The stories are all enjoyable but I think if each story would have had maybe 10 more pages they could have been stupendous. Especially the last as it sort of felt rushed in the end (had they got rid of the Penguin subplot that would have freed up more space).

This book isn't up there with Spiderman Blue, Superman For All Seasons, or Long Halloween (and Dark Victory). Its an enjoyable book to read because you like those other books.

Supergirl Vol. 6: Crucible (The New 52)
Supergirl Vol. 6: Crucible (The New 52)
by Tony Bedard
Price: $14.08
77 used & new from $8.84

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the Supergirl I Want, August 6, 2015
I personally found this the strongest Supergirl story since Pre-New 52. We finally get a more heroic Kara Zor-El who has finally moved on from the destruction of her homeworld and is now trying to learn to live among humanity going as far as working as a barista. The biggest problem with New 52 Supergirl had been her lack of development. Her solo had started off okay but after a while people got tired of her attitude. She was languishing with the lack of development. Then Tony Bedard comes along and makes her a Red Lantern to finally deal with that anger once and for all. What we get is a more heroic Kara that we now see in this book.

This book takes place sort of during and right after the Doomed crossover. Kara meets a wheelchair bound guy named Michael who saves her life and who she later returns the favor. This eventually leads to my favorite story in this book, a team up between Kara and the Red Hood. After that we get to the Crucible story arc in which Kara is sent to a space school to learn how to better use her powers and ends up teaming up with others to take down some rogue former students. Lastly we get a Future's End tie in which Kara has been turned into a Cyborg Supergirl. I didn't much care for that issue to be honest.

The stories aren't necessarily stellar as much as they are a breath of fresh air. This Supergirl is much more reminiscent of the Supergirl we are familiar with during the Sterling Gates run. Its such a shame when DC finally got it right, they cancel the book. Which leads to the biggest reason that I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5: it ends on a cliffhanger. SPOILERS: On the last page of the Crucible story arc, Supergirl gets injured at her job and bleeds. We don't know what happened and the next story after that is Future's End which doesn't deal with that story at all.

Batman: Second Chances
Batman: Second Chances
by Max Allan Collins
Price: $14.41
73 used & new from $9.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Its average, July 24, 2015
This review is from: Batman: Second Chances (Paperback)
This collects 2 issues that were written before Batman: Year One and then a handful of issues after that ending with 416 and the Batman annual.

Here is a run down on each issue:

402 and 403: This story takes place before DC reboots their universe. It deals with a man dressed as Batman going around killing bad guys. The book will then skip on to 408 as 404-407 is Frank Miller's Batman: Year One.

408 and 409: Dick Grayson is relieved of his duties due to getting injured (I just have to say that Nightwing Year One does a better job of dealing with Dick's departure). Later Batman meets Jason Todd who is trying to steal Batman's tires. So, Batman has sent Jason Todd to a school run by a lady named Ma Gunn who seems to help put kids on the right track but things aren't as they appear to be.

410 and 411: Two Face is in town and this story proves to be Jason Todd's real trial by fire (much like Dick and Tim). Batman discovers a connection between Two Face and Jason Todd that has the potential to destroy everything Jason has worked hard for.

412: Batman and Robin are after a mime who hates noise and will do anything to have quiet from stealing church bells to attempted murder.

413: Batman and Robin are dealing with a supposed ghost at a museum exhibit. Jason provides the critical clue that will save the day.

414: This is arguably the darkest story in the whole bunch. Robin doesn't feature in this story. Its about Batman tracking down a serial killer that leaves women in dumpsters. I don't want to give much more away than that.

415: This is a tie in to the Millenium event. Basically a Manhunter is disguised as Com. Gordon. Its rather awkward and out of place.

416: My favorite issue in this book. This sees Dick Grayson return as Nightwing to confront Batman over the fact that he fired him for getting injured only to replace him later with another younger, Robin. They don't really reconcile in this issue. But we get to see Dick and Jason team up and its nice to see how he handles the situation.

Annual 11: Penguin has been released from jail and has met a woman who he claims has kept on the straight and narrow. However, Batman doesn't believe him. This story is by far the weakest in my opinion (if you don't count the Millenium tie in).

I have mixed feelings on the stories, they were written in the late 1980s immediately after Batman: Year One was completed, however they are so very opposite in tone to that story. The stories are written like they are very 1970s/Bronze Age particularly the stuff written by Max Allan Collins. The Batman I'm more familiar with doesn't quite exist yet. So some things make for awkward experiences if you aren't used to it. Such as seeing Batman lounging on the Commish's couch in his office, Two Face's two colored car, or a very chatty Batman. The stories are overall average at best. This is one of those books you buy if you are lacking in Jason Todd/Robin stories like I am. This will go good with my Death in the Family and my other Robin books.

Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 3: KnightsEnd
Batman: Knightfall, Vol. 3: KnightsEnd
by Doug Moench
Price: $23.11
94 used & new from $15.32

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Prodigal, December 26, 2014
So this book collects Knightsend and Prodigal. We don't see how Batman is healed which from what I hear isn't that good of a story anyways.

Knightsend is about Batman working with Shiva to get his fighting skills back and finally taking down Jean Paul Valley.

Prodigal is about Dick temporarily taking on the role of Batman.

Knightfall vol. 3 is probably my most favorite part of the whole saga for one simple reason. This is the volume I credit with forming the modern Bat-family. Prior to Knightfall, Dick Grayson hasn't really had any involvement with Batman since he had left the role of Robin. In all that time, Batman has lost another Robin and gained a third one. With this book, we finally see Dick come back into the fold. Prodigal has Dick confronting Batman over their relationship the last few years and finally facing the past. Prodigal isn't the best Dick as Batman story (that honor goes to The Black Mirror) but what it does for the Bat mythos makes this a must-read story.

Supergirl Vol. 1: Power
Supergirl Vol. 1: Power
by Jeph Loeb
Price: $12.54
81 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, December 10, 2014
This story directly comes after Jeph Loeb's Superman/Batman: Supergirl. Basically the plot of this book is that someone has been watching Supergirl preparing for a showdown. In the meantime, Supergirl has been getting familiar with the larger DCU meeting the JSA, Teen Titans, Outsiders, and JLA. And in every situation, it results in Supergirl having to get into a fight. Then when the bad guy who has been watching her reveals himself her personality gets split into two.

My biggest criticism of the book is that Supergirl spends so much time fighting that all the heroes either because she is reacts defensively or because the other heroes immediately jump to conclusions and hit first and ask questions later. But outside of that, the plot is pretty standard. Its not the worst story but its not a masterpiece either. Its an enjoyable follow up. If you liked Jeph Loeb's Superman/Batman work then you'll probably enjoy this story as well.

Sleep Master SmartBase Mattress Foundation/Platform Bed Frame/Box Spring Replacement/Quiet Noise-Free/Maximum Under-bed Storage, Twin
Price: $59.99
15 used & new from $59.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, November 20, 2014
Originally this was a great bed frame, assembly wasn't challenging. But 5 months later the bed frame buckled because the welded sections somehow came loose. So I wouldn't recommend this bed frame to anyone.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2014 2:06 PM PST