Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Papa Jim > Reviews

Browse

Papa Jim's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Papa Jim "gone fishing" RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY USA)

Panasonic ErgoFit In-Ear Earbud Headphones RP-HJE120-A (Blue) Dynamic Crystal Clear Sound, Ergonomic Comfort-Fit, No Mic, Best for iPhone
Price: $6.93
103 used & new from $3.00

6,056 of 6,219 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Shocked by how good these are., January 25, 2012
I have a self appointed mission of finding inexpensive headphones that sound better than average. I have been on this quest for years as I am always never without my mp3 player or radio. I am rough on headphones and go through them fairly regularly. So I am always trying to find inexpensive headphones that sound better than my previous set (Skullcandy Ink'd). This time, after carefully reading reviews, I purchased 3 different headphones at once, all in the same price range (Under $15.00): The Panasonic RP-HJE120-A (Blue), The Skullcandy Jib, and The 2XL Spoke (Bounty Hunter Collection).

My conclusions were that the 2XL Spoke were adequate, but a distant third place. While the 2XL had definitively better bass than the Skullcandy Ink'd, the 2XL's mids and highs were only adequate. The Skullcandy Jib completely blew the Scullcandy Ink'd away, with much better bass, mids and highs, I thought I found what I had been looking for, that my quest had ended. But there was still the Panasonic RP-HJE120 to listen to. I must say I had little expectation for these after listening to the Skullcandy Jib's. But what was this? Immediately the Panasonic's sounded impressive. After listening to them for a while, I listened to the Jib's again. I honestly preferred the cleaner sound of the Panasonic RP-HJE120, and the Ergo design was a plus, the fit was just so comfortable.

So there you have my layman's evaluation of these three headsets and my hands down recommendation for the Panasonic RP-HJE120 (I got the Blue, however, I very much doubt that your color choice will affect the sound).

I hope this helped.
Comment Comments (87) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 24, 2016 12:19 PM PDT

2XL 2X-002B Spoke Bounty Hunter In-Ear Headphones -Orange/Black/White Camo) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing to write home about, but ok for the price., January 23, 2012
I was not really impressed with their sound, but I was satisfied enough for the $10.99 that I paid for them. I have had worse earphones, and do have much better, but not in this price range. Better bass than my Skull Candy Ink'd, but the mids and highs are just ok. They do fit in my ears ok, and I have small ear openings, so they are comfortable enough, and they do block out exterior noise, so that's a definite plus. Overall for an inexpensive pair of headphones, I'd buy them again.

Philips Norelco G370 All-in-1 7-Piece Grooming Kit
Philips Norelco G370 All-in-1 7-Piece Grooming Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat the value for the price., December 24, 2011
I am on a fixed budget, so I read reviews carefully before making any purchase. I was originally looking to purchase the Wahl 79524-3001 Home Barber 30 Piece Kit, but after reading the reviews for the Wahl, one of the reviwers led me to this Philips Norelco G370 which was a fraction of the price of the Wahl, and easier to use. I have owned a Wahl clipper and have been happy with it, but it ended up being "borrowed" by my daughter and her boyfriend. So it was a leap for me to put faith in the G370, but I am so grateful that I did. After initially charging it as per the instructions, I effortlessly trimmed my beard. Satisfied with that, I proceeded to shave my head (I previously had to wait for my daughter to do it for me). Much to my surprise, the G370 was simple to use, mostly because of it's comfortable size, and the fact that it cut my hair so smoothly. This unit paid for itself with the very first use, how can I not be more than pleased? As a bonus, I was able to purchase a digital bathroom scale by using the savings from purchasing this instead of the Wahl I was originally looking to purchase, now THAT is value. So I have no qualms recommending this product to you, as a matter of fact, I'll go so far as calling it a real bargain.

Haier HLT71 7-Inch Handheld LCD TV (2009 Model)
Haier HLT71 7-Inch Handheld LCD TV (2009 Model)
2 used & new from $85.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than I Expected, February 3, 2009
I purchased the Haier HLT71 7-Inch Portable LCD TV because I wanted something to be compatible with the upcoming government mandated digital switch. Primarily, I didn't want to spend a fortune on something I used for brief periods of viewing while out or just running certain errands. I was surprised by the large, clear display and many adjustment options, and the self explanatory buttons on TV and remote. My only recommendation is to use a better antenna than the one that comes with the unit. A set of very inexpensive rabbit ear antennas (99 cent store) worked exceptionally well for this purpose. Auto scan pulls in both analog and digital signals well (I live in a major city). I highly recommend this, it's hard to beat at any price.