Profile for R. Elba > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Elba RSS Feed

Creative Work Companion
Creative Work Companion

5.0 out of 5 stars Creativity Doesn't Stop with Success - It Starts there!, August 30, 2011
We are going to implement some ideas from Creative Work Companion because it changed the way we see certain aspects of our business. Primarily, we want our front-line employees to be more creative in the way they handle customer problems and sales. They are far too rigid and part of that is our training. We give them canned responses to certain situations and as we read through Creative Work Companion we realized why our customer satisfaction seems to be dropping even though our employees are following our guidelines. The guidelines are good but we aren't giving our people enough freedom to make some simple decisions, to be creative. For example, if a customer is happy with their purchases except for one small thing, it MIGHT make that customer an extremely happy one if our employees were able to offer a partial refund. Our items are general small machines with small attachments included. Yesterday a customer didn't want the attachments. And we sell the attachments separately for other customers if and when their attachments break. So it makes perfect sense for us to be able to give our buyers a partial discount if they don't want the attachments.

That is just one small example but it shows you how a business can become so fixated on "the way it's always been doing things" that creativity is made illegal. Not anymore!

Main Street Gone Wild: How savvy small biz owners can expose themselves on the internet and rake in the cash.
by Eddieographer

5.0 out of 5 stars Being a "Local" Company Doesn't Mean Being Offline, August 30, 2011
So, we believed the lie. We figured, we sell only to local customers so why do we need an Internet presence? Well, for one thing, our LOCAL customers are on the Internet! As Main Street Gone Wild showed us, we are not reaching everybody we should locally because we didn't have any online presence. What if someone drives by our shop, wonders if they might want to know more about us, and tried to locate us on google or a website? We had nothing! We were relying on walk-ins and (ugh!) yellow page ads. The biggest thing in this book is the information on Google Places. We hadn't heard of it before even though we used Google a lot in the past. If you are a small business (or a large one!) you MUST know about Google Places and the other resources taught here!

30 Minute Meals Recipes includes Easy Dinner Recipes, Healthy Dinner Ideas and Simple Recipes that can be made in 30 Minutes or Less for Busy Moms, ... Discover 30 minute meals for busy families!
by C Elias
8 used & new from $127.68

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Thorough Book of SIMPLE Recipes!, July 29, 2011
It is so nice to run across a book such as this. A lot of "easy" and "quick" recipe books are little more than pamphlets. 30 Minutes Meals is a nice-sized collection of recipes for anyone no matter what your tastes might be. Each recipe is intended to help you create simple but overall healthy meal for you and/or your family.

I appreciated how the author, C. Elias, began with several pages discussing the overall methodology, an overview of how we can make healthier choices, and discussed cooking nonstick pans and more. Especially important today is the concept of gluten-free when needed for those with allergies and this book addresses that issue well by including several gluten-free recipes.

Then the fun begins! The first section includes a multitude of Vegetarian dishes all of which take a half-hour or less to make! And we find that these kinds of dishes do not have to be a main course for those of us who are not vegetarians. We often cook dishes like these, such as the Rice Stuffed Mushrooms (which are gluten-free here by the way!) as a side dish to our meat item. Doing more than just spooning a veggie onto the plate next to the meat is a nice bonus to meals and these are all SO fast to prepare in this book that you'll have time to go the extra step if you want to spruce up your family's plates.

The chicken, fish, and soup sections just go on and on with recipes that are quick to make and easy. Let me say that the author obvious has a lot of fun in the kitchen because all of these recipes, and the front and back sections, are each written with a friendly, upbeat tone that makes you want to try each one. This is a book I HIGHLY RECOMMEND for any busy cook who wants to maximize your time in the kitchen!

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 2)
Catching Fire (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 2)
Price: $6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Yea, I just didn't see it in this volume, July 28, 2011
This seemed as though it was filler just to stretch the series into a trilogy. Maybe the first one was SO dynamite that I got spoiled by its newness and uniqueness. But the second of the three books got a little long to wade through at times.

40 Easy Chicken Wings Recipes With Tasty Marinades Plus My Special Bonus Recipe Section: Learn How to Cook, Fry or Bake Your Wings and Prepare Delicious Wings That Your Family and Friends Will Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh this is good! BETTER than good!!!, July 28, 2011
Oh boy, I just can't tell you enough how this is the REAL DEAL!

This writer, Avery Anderson, must have made chicken a top priority in life because the author of this recipe book is a MASTER!

These wing recipes are EASY (if I can do them, and I mean EVERY ONE OF THEM, then they are E-A-S-Y breezy!) and finally someone puts out a Kindle recipe book with a Table of Contents that actually works! Just select whatever tasty-sounding wing recipe you want to make tonight and click that entry in the TOC and it jumps right to it. And right off the bat you know how many people the recipe makes for so you can plan accordingly or adjust accordingly. My sister loaned me her copy of this last week and I made two things already and then I had to get my very own copy of this book! They were SO good and easy - but I love chicken so I'm a push-over for a book with only chicken wing recipes!) with my FAV being the Grilled Chile Wings! I mean come on, listed to some of these names: Peanut Chicken Wings, Mulberry Wings, Peking Chicken Wings, and Jamaican Hot Wings! And there're 36 more just as good!

And you even get a bonus which shocked me because at this price I never expected extras. This is a recipe book that delivers! Now excuse me... I have some wings to prepare...!

Eliminate GERD Symptoms in 2 Easy Steps
Eliminate GERD Symptoms in 2 Easy Steps

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, I never expected THIS!, July 27, 2011
What an amazing book!

This technique is one of the most unique solutions for my problems with GERD I have ever heard of. And yes, I was skeptical but I couldn't believe it could be published if there was not some truth to it so I tried the technique... YES. It actually MIGHT BE THE COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR ME! And this is something you can do quickly and WITHOUT MEDICINE and without all the other garbage such as the little purple pills (Prilosec) that so many of us have had to buy so much of over the years.

101 Tips To Get In Shape: How To Get In Shape Fast, Including Specific Ways To Get In Shape For Women, Football, Boot Camp, Soccer, and Summer

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits all sides of the health equation!, July 27, 2011
I am thrilled to see 101 Tips to Get In Shape. So many books focus on just exercise or just eating or just dieting or just attitude. Sometimes, an over-all, holistic approach is the best and most well-rounded approach and it's the one I needed and wanted.

This book certainly is for women who want to get their bodies in shape, whether for specific sports or just to look better. But it also does this with an emphasis on eating well, introducing us to many aspects of women's health such as therapeutic message, biofeedback, vitamins, minerals, stress relief, and so much more. The tips are all broken down into complete sections that give you in-depth information about how to tap into the areas that can make you and your body and your entire well-being the best it can be!

Finally, the specific body tips related to multiple sporting activities is fantastic! You will learn all sorts of ways to excel and propel yourself to the next level or two of fitness. Highly recommended and ANY woman who wants to feel better and look better!

The Aromatherapy First Aid Kit: The Definitive Guide To The Uses of Essential Oils, The Incredible Benefits Of Aromatherapy & Flower Oils, And Aromatherapy ... Hair Care Treatment And Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars From allergies to dandruff!, June 26, 2011
We got this book for one reason and that is my daughter's and husband's allergies. They are bad and our homeopath suggested that it might be some of the products we use in the home such as shampoo and cleaning products. He has said in the past something about aromatherapy also helping and so when my husband read this Kindle book's description he got it immediately. It's more than we expected from such an inexpensive book. We have a big shopping list now for tomorrow with items we're getting so that we can change out a lot of our grooming and household cleaning products. We had no idea where to start. For example, my husband gets dandruff every once in a while and we never linked it to a mineral deficiency or to an allergy. This book talks about everything! And also we are going to be trying aromatherapy, especially when I read what it can do for my skin!