Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoors Gift Guide on HTL
Profile for TechnicalCap > Reviews

TechnicalCap's Profile

Customer Reviews: 57

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TechnicalCap RSS Feed (Midwest)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
DCI Fox Jewelry Box
DCI Fox Jewelry Box
Price: $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 3, 2015
This review is from: DCI Fox Jewelry Box (Misc.)
This is absolutely adorable! It is copper colored and shiny. Very nicely made!

PetcageMart Wrought Iron Bird Cage with Stand, 24 by 18 by 62-Inch, One Complete Set
Price: $169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing cage! Extremely well made., November 22, 2014
After looking for a new cage for my cockatiel I finally decided on this one even though there were few reviews (I depend on reviews for everything!). I wanted something attractive as well as functional. It is going to be in my family room and looks were important to me. I liked the curved corners at the top. It is plenty large enough for my cockatiel and I like the shelf below. I'm going to find a pretty basket with a lid or a decorative box to put on the lower shelf to hold all the bird food. Right now I have a silk plant sitting on it.

I ordered this cage on a Friday and paid for overnight delivery -- it was delivered before 11 am on Saturday. Arrived in perfect condition. The box was heavy but I was able to drag it onto the garage floor. Laid it flat and opened up 3 sides to remove all the pieces. They were packed well and protected with bubble wrap. The directions are so-so but it wasn't difficult for me to put it together by myself. (I'm a 45-year-old woman with very little experience assembling things and I put it together in an hour. The big screws are used for all of it and 4 of the little screws are used for the cup holders and 8 little screws and the 8 nuts are used for the seed guards.) It comes with the little tool to tighten the screws. I was unable to get the wheels all the way in and even tried a rubber mallet. Finally got them in about halfway and they're not coming out. The cage stays in place on a wood floor. The wheels are super nice -- they swivel and roll very smoothly.

The flat top was important to me so the bird can play on the top of his cage. This cage does open up on the top and has a perch which is held in place by the doors. I'm not sure if I'm going to use that or not -- I have a playground to sit on top of it. The opening at the top limits being able to hang toys if you want to open it often. You can hang a few things along the sides around the doors without having to remove them to open them. I went ahead and secured the top and hung the toys where I wanted to. It's nice to have the option to open the top but I'll wait before trying that. (UPDATE: An hour after writing my review I decided to open the top and use the perch. It is awesome!! I removed the swing but left the other toys in place and they actually created a little playground with the top open. I also have a 24" ladder and hung it from one of the doors that is propped open and it extends into the cage. My bird is having a blast with that ladder and the open top!)

The drawer was a little bent in the front and I was able to carefully bend it back into shape. The drawer slides out easily to clean, as does the grate which rests above it. Both are completely removable. A 2-page piece of newspaper fits perfectly into the drawer by folding about 1/4 of it over. That was very nice! My old cage was an odd size and I had to trim the newspaper every time.

The seed guards are great. My cage is sitting against a wall and at first I undecided about using the guards. (You don't have to use them.) I put my bird in the cage and being his normal messy self, he knocked a bunch of seed out so I added the guards after all. They are great and contain the majority of the mess.

The door is nice and large with a great lock. The bird can easily perch in the door opening. The cup holders are very secure and I love the stainless cups. They are a nice quality, not flimsy at all. Each cup swings open to access them. The cage's interior measures 24" across x 18" deep x 29.5" high. The front and back are vertical bars only but both sides have horizontal bars for the bird to climb on if he wants to. There is also an opening for a nest box on the side towards the back. Has one long wood perch for the inside. I added 3 more. The cage is very roomy inside.

I thought the color was going to be white and was pleasantly surprised to see it is more of a hammered silver/white finish. 1/2" bar spacing.

If I could give it 10 stars, I would. I am absolutely thrilled with the cage! It is exactly what I wanted and looks fantastic in my family room and my bird thinks he's living in a castle now!

International Caravan Hand Carved Stool with Cushioned Seat
International Caravan Hand Carved Stool with Cushioned Seat
Offered by Cymax
Price: $84.13
7 used & new from $84.13

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke TWICE without ever being used. Piece of trash. DO NOT BUY!!, October 9, 2014
I purchased this vanity stool in May to sit underneath an antique desk. It looked good and made the desk look complete. A couple times each month I pick it up and move it 2 feet to vacuum underneath the desk. It has never been sat on or used in any way whatsoever. I moved it yesterday to vacuum and this time the leg fell off! It had actually broken/splintered up at the top where the screws go into the leg. I contacted the company (PlumStruck) to see if they could send me a new leg or replace the stool. Their answer was "Because this item carries a 30-day return policy that has expired, we are unable to process your request" and apologized for any inconvenience. Very disappointed in their response. Yes, it's over the 30 days but I think they didn't even bother to read my email or look at the photo. Not even an offer to send me a new leg at my cost. I'm extremely disappointed in PlumStruck and I'm very disappointed in this vanity stool.

Update on April 24, 2015: I was able to glue the broken leg back into place. Wouldn't trust it to be used in any way whatsoever, but again, this is just for decoration. Today I moved the piece again to vacuum and ANOTHER leg broke. This is seriously JUNK. Do not buy it!! This is going in the trash and I'll look for something else.

Brinkmann Electric Charcoal Starter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Brinkmann Electric Charcoal Starter (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Price: $24.99
3 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little starter., December 20, 2013
Works perfectly in my BGE (Big Green Egg) for the price. The BGE brand is way overpriced and this does the job.

Brussel's Ponytail Palm Bonsai
Brussel's Ponytail Palm Bonsai
Price: $36.00
5 used & new from $36.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Unacceptable. Wimpy and half dead. Two in a row???, December 20, 2013
We purchased a live Bonasi from another retailer last spring and love it. When I saw this on Amazon, decided to purchase a Christmas gift for our neighbors. The first one came in losing about 20% of its leaves and very small and wimpy looking. Had to toss it out. Definitely a Charlie Brown look. Called Amazon and they did get another out to us in 2 days free of charge, but it is worse than the first. Time is up now to give prior to Christmas which is a major disappointment. This would have been a great gift if handled properly. (Just posted a PICTURE of this sad bonzai. Please scroll way down on the lower right side for customer pics. Amazon has moved the location for customer photos.)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 2, 2015 7:12 AM PST

Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner, BH50010
Price: $129.99
38 used & new from $115.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it. Should not have waited so long!!!, December 19, 2013
We have wood floors with short-fiber DARK BLACK and DEEP RED design rugs covering it in areas throughout the house. These rugs show ever single bit of hair, dust, pollen, whatever. Over the years have bought 4 different much less expensive rechargeable models to try to easily clean those rugs -- none did too well. This vacuum is different. Suction is amazing. Ease of use is amazing. Beautifully designed, as well.

When the vacuum arrived, as a test after vacuuming with one of the old rechargeable models, I put this one to work on the rugs just finished. It filled ½ the dust cup! Also, the head swivels to get under low couches, coffee tables. The battery lasts quite a long while and uses a cool blue light to indicate state of charge.

If you’re like me and didn't want to spend a lot on a battery vacuum, rethink it. You won’t be sorry! A 5-star purchase.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Device. Great engineering, beautiful design., December 19, 2013
I was amazed at how nicely this is designed. Some people are unhappy about the overhanging top, but there is a reason for that! The awning-shaped top deflects the sound all throughout the room and adds to the bass and overall sound. Bought this for my wife on deal and liked it so much had to go back and buy another at a higher price for my daughter!

Easy setup to bluetooth for our phones and tablets, as well. 5 STARS!

Big Green Egg Electric Starter
Big Green Egg Electric Starter
Offered by KitchensKitchens
Price: $45.99
4 used & new from $34.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last long for the price., October 9, 2013
This review is from: Big Green Egg Electric Starter
Like others, I thought that Big Green Egg name would signify high quality, especially with the high price. Not so. Never used for over 9 minutes at a time while plugged in, but it failed in the second season. Took it apart -- the plastic around the contacts had melted shorting the device out.

Knorr Hollandaise Sauce, .9-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12)
Knorr Hollandaise Sauce, .9-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12)
Offered by Mi Antojito Latino
Price: $19.86
4 used & new from $17.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy For Eggs Benedict, August 24, 2013
I LOVE Eggs Benedict and now I have it weekly due to this sauce. Super easy to make and cooks up good and tasty every time! Thanks, Knorr.

Pilot IMP73X Imposter 17" Wheel Skin for Toyota RAV4 (Pack of 4)
Pilot IMP73X Imposter 17" Wheel Skin for Toyota RAV4 (Pack of 4)
Offered by Car-Accessories
Price: $40.05
6 used & new from $40.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks beautiful and fit perfectly, August 15, 2013
Received my order yesterday of four wheel-skins/hubcabs/wheel-covers (numerous names for these) and they are beautiful. Came well packaged with a beautiful mirror-like finish protected by soft styro sheets and plastic bags. The covers fit my 2008 RAV4 wheels perfectly. There is a plastic foam edge on the wheel (inner) side of the cover that I assume is there to keep them tight and not rattle. Have to wonder how long that will last after being exposed to the elements?

Installation was very easy. Align the air valve with the cutout on the cover and snap them onto the existing steel RAV4 wheel.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6