Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Nicky > Reviews

Browse

Nicky's Profile

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nicky RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Corsair XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1333 MHz (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory (CMX6GX3M3A1333C9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stable, reliable and fast, August 7, 2011
Have had this for a few months. Possible to overclock this to 1800. Very easily overclockable to 1600!
Showed up in Windows Experience Index at 7.9 (Maximum for Windows 7), after overclocking and in triple configuration.
These DIMMs are cold to the touch for my desktop on an antec HAF X. Definitely recommended.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports Ethernet, 3D, 4K and Audio Return

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted, July 5, 2011
I bought 2 of these in December. They looked, good sturdy cables. One I needed right away to connect a laptop to my HDTV. The other was a spare. Stopped working in 6 months. I'd think the cables should be good for a couple of years. Haven't contacted support yet.

Bosch 4821 Evolution All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade - 21" (Pack of 1)
Bosch 4821 Evolution All-Season Bracketless Wiper Blade - 21" (Pack of 1)
Offered by oh!Dreamy
Price: $9.99
46 used & new from $8.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet, smooth, wipe well, May 4, 2011
1. They're quiet, not a peep out of them
2. They move smoothly over the windshield
3. Don't leave streaks

I recommend using rainx windshield treatment for wipers that last long and stay quiet.

Culligan FM-15A Advanced Faucet Filter Kit
Culligan FM-15A Advanced Faucet Filter Kit
Price: $22.42
54 used & new from $9.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs as advertised, May 4, 2011
Good filter. Neutralized the bad smell and taste of water.
Does not leak. I've tried Pur and Brita. Brita was notorious. I still have it lying around because it broke while trying to install it. Pur indicated filter change was required every 2 weeks.
Not this one. Water stream is constant. Needs a filter change every 3 months.

Definitely recommended.

Update:
This developed cracks and started leaking in Nov 2014. It lasted over two years. Not bad.

XMatrix Cover for Samsung Vibrant T959 & Galaxy S 4G T959V, Black/Black
XMatrix Cover for Samsung Vibrant T959 & Galaxy S 4G T959V, Black/Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case ruined by the design on the back, April 13, 2011
PROS:
This case is made of a material harder than silicone but softer and more malleable than plastic. This makes it just perfect.
It's soft enough to put it on, but hard enough to not make it come off the phone easily. Protects the phone from scratches and dust very well. All the holes/inputs are exposed the way they should be. In short, other than to remove the battery, you won't have to remove this case once your put it.

CONS:
The design on the back is just ugly. I'd prefer they didn't have any design there. I took off one star because they ruined an otherwise perfect case.

If the design doesn't bother you too much, definitely recommended.

OtterBox Impact Case for Google Nexus One
OtterBox Impact Case for Google Nexus One

1.0 out of 5 stars Not made specifically for the N1, April 13, 2011
I did not find the case matching the description. It fit loose. Came off easily when the phone was in my pocket.
Returned.

NOT recommended.

Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 Ports and Windowed Side Panel (RC-942-KKN1)
Price: $179.92
80 used & new from $138.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy case with lots of room and excellent cable management, April 13, 2011
PROS

- Huge! When put under my desk, it leaves little room between it's top and the desk's bottom.
- Sturdy construction
- LOTS of cable management options. On that note, use the 'I don't know what to do with this weird 8 pin connector' wire to extend your PSU's 8 pin motherboard connector so that it can go all the way around, from the back side, making it invisible after assembling is complete. I wanted to do it, but my PSU's cable was short. Then I found this connector and it made sense. I didn't find any documentation for this.
- Front facing ports are awesome! 2x USB2, 2xUSB3, 1xfirewire, 1xeSata.
- LOT of Large sized quiet fans. I didn't measure but I suspect they're 220-240mm fans.
- Air flow seems perfect on paper.
- Excellent hard drive mounts

CONS
- removable filters for fans are for name sake. To actually remove them you will have to remove a whole bunch of stuff. I don't see the point. In fact one of my filters was not completely flat so it kept rubbing against the fan. I had to take it out and flatten it. I realized this after the entire assembly was complete. Man... I was so pissed!
- The biggest gripe I have is that there none of the fans blow air directly towards the CPU. I mean HOW?! Combine that with a stock cooler and you have yourself a problem. To compensate the stock cooler's fan spins faster, and therefore louder. I'd love to have a funnel or something that channels fresh air directly at the CPU. After a high end graphics card, this is the component that needs the most fresh air.
- transparent side with no LEDs to light it up is... well stupid. I don't care much about LED fans, but hey, if you have a transparent side to show off the workmanship, at least light it up!
- Documentation receives the clueless award of all time.

BOTTOMLINE: Other than the no fresh air for CPU flaw, the rest I can live with. The PROs outweigh the cons. A great case overall, definitely recommended. Just make sure you get a good CPU cooler which will direct air towards the back of the case.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2013 11:21 AM PST

XtremeGUARD T-Mobile Samsung VIBRANT T959 Screen Protector (Ultra CLEAR)(XTREMEGUARD Non-Retail Packaging)
Offered by Prestige Solutions
Price: $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen guard, need for water is stupid., April 13, 2011
Whoever makes a screen guard that needs water to apply to an ELECTRONIC DEVICE?
I know it's just a small amount, but come on!

That said, I tried it without any water and it fit perfectly fine. No bubbles, no weird artifacts or anything.
You won't even know it's there. This is much much better than some of those $8 guards out there. Definitely recommended.

Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office All-in-One Printer (4204B019)
Canon PIXMA MX340 Wireless Office All-in-One Printer (4204B019)
12 used & new from $55.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice AIO, needs some improvements, December 4, 2010
Pros: Wireless!
Not too loud while printing
Nice print quality
Doesn't have a gazillion cartridges
not too $$
Printer tray opens automatically before printing instead of throwing a message or being dumb and crumpling paper.
Scanner quality is nice
Save to USB drive option
Maintains a stable wireless connection (Yet to see a situation where I had to reset/power cycle it).

Cons: First time use is a little tricky. Especially for people who haven't set up a wireless printer before.
Documentation is bad.
I haven't had a wireless AIO before, so don't know about others, but scanning on this thing is weird.
You place the sheet you need to scan, then select where the scanned image should be stored, press Scan and then press Black/Color. It took me a while to figure this out.
The LCD display is not back-lit. I mean seriously! Come on! I know this isn't on the expensive side, but I think in 2010, back-lit displays should be considered minimum expectation. (If you want a neat color display get the one that costs some $30 more, other features are common).
Crappy software. Network scan tool sucks!

Other thoughts: Great once you set it up and works without having to change things around each time. Definitely not grandma usable. Your illiterate parents could use it if you set it up for them. LOL

Get this if you want wireless printing with occasional scanning without having to spend big $$. Skip if you need to scan a lot and print less. The scan and save over network feature is so slow I grew a beard, and I was only 2 when I began! :(

D-Link DIR-601 Wireless-N 150 Home Router
D-Link DIR-601 Wireless-N 150 Home Router
Offered by Platinum Micro, Inc.
Price: $23.58
109 used & new from $4.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for your buck, December 4, 2010
Pros: Wireless N router for $30!
Easy to set up and use
Stable connection
Small and light

Cons: The signal could have been a little better. It's not too bad, but it definitely could have been better.
Signal seriously drops through multiple doors and rooms.

Other thoughts:
Going by it's strengths and weakness I'd say this router is perfect for either 2 or so small rooms or open rooms.
You'd probably have problems in a multi-level home.

I took this out of the country and it worked great. PPPoE tested and works flawlessly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3