Profile for JRD > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 78

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JRD "Jess" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Vankara (Book 1; Fantasy) (Vankara Saga)
Vankara (Book 1; Fantasy) (Vankara Saga)
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Superficial story, July 6, 2014
The premise of this book was very interesting and i was hooked into the story within the first few pages. Unfortunately the story, characters and world lacked depth and i found myself bored soon after. I finished the book but would only continue the series if free.

How to School Your Scoundrel (A Princess in Hiding Romance)
How to School Your Scoundrel (A Princess in Hiding Romance)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.81

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, June 22, 2014
Definitely not a story of your usual, run of the mill hero. Somerton is never redeemed to being a truly "good" man but you no longer think him a villain either - only flawed. The chemistry was great, the storyline fast paced and as always the Duke of Olympia a delight. Can't wait for his book next year!

Immortal Ops Box Set Books 1-4 (Shifter Romances)
Immortal Ops Box Set Books 1-4 (Shifter Romances)
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted time, June 17, 2014
I wish I had listened to the bad reviews on this author before buying the box set but i didn't. I am unfortunately one of those people who has to finish a book that I've bought so i suffered through the entire set. The writing was choppy, the characters lacked depth, the love story aspect unbelievable and the erotica angle fell flat. There were times that some of the banter was funny but then it would drag on and i would find myself irritated rather than amused. There was just no real story.

The Last Wicked Scoundrel: A Scoundrels of St. James Novella
The Last Wicked Scoundrel: A Scoundrels of St. James Novella
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissatisfied, February 11, 2014
I have been waiting eagerly for this book for years. I loved the entire series and cast of characters and was so hoping we would get Graves story as well. When I saw this novella I was so excited but was soon disappointed once I began to read. Without giving away spoilers - vital information is kept from Winnie by Graves and company because they are afraid for themselves. They know Winnie is most likely in danger, that her son is in less likely danger (though i think any mother would find this inexcusable if it was kept secret) yet they say nothing because they are more concerned with their own hides. Made me dislike not only Graves but the entire cast of characters i had previously enjoyed so much in previous stories.

Her Ladyship's Companion
Her Ladyship's Companion

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to par, February 11, 2014
This must have been an earlier work of Bourne's, that or an idea that never gelled out or filled in completely. Story was a bit shakey, characters vague and several questions went unanswered by the end. Usually a great fan of Bourne's, so for those of you new to her writing -please read something else of hers first or at least don't let your opinion of her writing be based on this book alone.

The Suitor (Short Story) (Survivor's Club)
The Suitor (Short Story) (Survivor's Club)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Mary Balogh remains charming, August 24, 2013
Short and sweet...felt like more of a preview for the next book but still enjoyable. Recommended for fans of Balogh.

Eureka DCF-10 & DCF-14 Washable & Reusable Filters; Compare With Eureka Part #62731, 62396, DCF10, DCF14 ; Designed & Engineered By Crucial Vacuum
Offered by Crucial Vacuum Inc
Price: $6.99
4 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, March 27, 2012
Works wonderfully in my Eureka vacuum. Was worried that it might not fit but clicked right into place and is a breeze to clean. The price was right as well ;)

Oxysept UltraCare Disinfection Solution Kit
Oxysept UltraCare Disinfection Solution Kit
Offered by AC Lens
Price: $13.19
2 used & new from $13.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to working better, March 27, 2012
I have used other peroxide cleansers for my contacts - but decided to give these a try as my eyes still felt dry at times. My contacts do feel more lubricated when I first put them in thatn with the other cleansers and my eyes feel less dry throughout the day. Not by a large margin - but enough for me to notice, which is good enough for me :)

Similasan Computer Eye Relief Eye Drops, 0.33 Fluid Ounce
Similasan Computer Eye Relief Eye Drops, 0.33 Fluid Ounce
Price: $6.95
44 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels and works great!, March 27, 2012
For people (like me) who have weird allergies to chemicals - this stuff is wonderful! Whenever I put regular drops in my eyes, they either itch or sting for a bit before "calming" down. I can still use the regular drops - but it's the initial discomfort that I wanted to avoid. There is no discomfort with the Similasan drops and my eyes feel better after I use them - every time.

ECOBAGS® Certified Organic Cotton Drawstring Sandwich Sacks - Set of 2
ECOBAGS® Certified Organic Cotton Drawstring Sandwich Sacks - Set of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, March 27, 2012
These work great, clean easily, I feel that I'm helping the environment, saving money in the long run AND my son isn't embarrased by them at school. It's a win all around!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8