Profile for Eve > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eve RSS Feed (Thousand Oaks, CA)

City Lights (1931) Charlie Chaplin (IMPORT HIGH QUALITY FOR ALL REGIONS)
City Lights (1931) Charlie Chaplin (IMPORT HIGH QUALITY FOR ALL REGIONS)

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute gem, February 22, 2011
I had a magical experience seeing this for the first time a few years ago in a crowded theater - the audience had come together to celebrate Chaplin and his films, and this is the one they highlighted. I fell under it's spell and was completely enchanted by it... I wanted to own it so I could share it with others. No wonder it's on AFI's list of 100 best films of all time!

Aspire: Discovering Your Purpose Through the Power of Words
Aspire: Discovering Your Purpose Through the Power of Words
by Kevin Hall
Price: $20.02
155 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The WORD is out!, January 5, 2010
Interesting things started happening when I got my hands on a copy of Aspire... I shared a copy with my brother -- he came back for 3 more to give out to friends (one as a peace offering for a friend with whom he'd recently had a falling out). I shared it with another friend -- she wrote to thank me. I brought it to the office -- 2 colleagues said they wanted their own copy. There is a buzz building about this book! It crosses self-help, spiritual and business genres with ease. The word "power" is printed on the cover in the subtitle, but it's more than just ink on the page. For instance, what a unique idea for a book to not merely mention or reference the power other people have in our lives, but this book almost pauses, as if to say, "Go and tell that person what you're learning! Write their name. Honor them and tell them how they've been an example to you of this characteristic. Go ahead... tell them! I'll wait." Kevin Hall shares stories and unlocks these words in such a caring way that the real page turner begins after I put Aspire down -- with just me with my journal -- digging deeper with these new tools to find more power in my own life. Pretty cool. I wholeheartedly recommend Aspire.

The Five Lessons A Millionaire Taught Me: About Life and Wealth
The Five Lessons A Millionaire Taught Me: About Life and Wealth
125 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I would have started living these Lessons years ago!, August 20, 2004
I found that Mr. Evans' storytelling skills make reading a book about money realities much more fun! He shares many life experiences and personal examples about why these Lessons work. This book is an important teaching tool and I hope that more teens and college kids will read it and apply these priciples today so they can have more peace of mind in the future. And while Mr. Evans teaches the basics about money, debt-reduction, saving and much more, my favorite aspect of this book is it's focus on spiritual motivations and helping to change our attitudes towards money.

Light of Christmas
Light of Christmas
Price: $14.66
135 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Add This One To Your Christmas Collection!, October 31, 2002
This review is from: Light of Christmas (Hardcover)
Santa is really a "Wise Man" in this story, and it's a wonderful way to teach your children the true meaning of the season. We'll be opening this one before Christmas morning. I also loved the lush, beautiful illustrations.

The Christmas Box Miracle: My Spiritual Journey of Destiny, Healing and Hope
The Christmas Box Miracle: My Spiritual Journey of Destiny, Healing and Hope
232 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Part..., October 11, 2001
Having heard the author speak in the past of his experiences while writing his first book The Christmas Box, I was happy to finally get a copy of those things he spoke about, plus a more in-depth look behind the scenes of what really happened to bring this work to the world. Even though there are many extraordinary circumstances surrounding the publishing and success of his first book, the real miracle is the healing effect that it has had on millions of readers... my favorite part of The Christmas Box Miracle was reading those individual stories and the letters he's received from people who have found comfort in the story of The Christmas Box. There is an absolute spirit to this new book that is undeniable and overwhelming. After reading it, I believe that there really was another hand guiding this work... I did not come away thinking that only the author believes this. I plan on sharing this book with friends.