Profile for Betty L. Dravis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1065

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Betty L. Dravis "BETTY DRAVIS, author/reviewer" RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
George Foreman GFO3320GM Indoor/Outdoor Gun Metal Electric Grill, Silver
George Foreman GFO3320GM Indoor/Outdoor Gun Metal Electric Grill, Silver
Price: $114.69
12 used & new from $80.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty food with less mess! Perfect for us in our later years!, July 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Now that we are getting older we no longer go to the trouble of preparing our meals outdoors the "rough" way. We wait for the kids to come over to deal with the bbq coals, the fire, cleaning the grill and all that "hard" stuff. :-)

We admit we miss the "tang" of the grilled burgers at times, but our new George Foreman grill serves up some mighty tasty food... without the mess.

As you must have surmised, I love this grill and wouldn't trade it for the world. The convenience of having it in my kitchen is priceless to me. So we have to tilt the pan a bit to clean the grill, and wish the grill were removable, but that's nothing compared to the previous fuss of working with our old-fashioned grill.

Now don't take me wrong, I love getting outdoors for barbecues with the kids when they are here; wouldn't trade those memories. I am speaking only of convenience for when one reaches a "certain" age. :-)

This grill with the ceramic grill plates and easy timer is adequate for our needs at this time in our lives. And it's quick and efficient.

Like other reviewers, I felt the stand was a bit wobbly (too light for the heavy lid), so we removed the legs and now use it on a wrought iron table that fits very nicely at the end of our counter. If you decide to do this, be sure the table you use is fireproof...

One more note: When cooking fish that can smell-up the house, it's nice to be able to take this outside for those special occasions.

All in all, this grill is so perfect for our needs that I will not delete a star because of the "leg problem."

I appreciate receiving this as a gift in exchange for an honest review.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 27, 2015
Author of "Six-Pack of Blood" (with Barbara Watkins)

Winkine Women's Serpentine Faux Leather Fashionable Punk Travel Backpack Shoulder Bag
Offered by EM Store
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful as purse or backpack! Love the modernistic nail-head design..., July 25, 2015
I love this backpack; perfect size for me. Not too large, not too small... But what I like best about it is that I can also use it for a purse, thus getting double use from it.

It's very up-to-date with the popular nail-head design; not gaudy with too may nail-heads like some products I see. I think it's classy looking for a casual, everyday look.

On top of that, it's well-made inside and out... The lining and extra pockets make it very convenient, so I won't lose smaller items. All my friends think it's real leather; it's that good! I, personally, prefer faux leather because it's easier upkeep.

This is my second product from Winkine and I am very pleased.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 25, 2015
Author of "1106 Grand Boulevard"

Selfie Stick, The Memory Journalists® Best Selfie Stick, Bluetooth Remote Shutter Extendable Pole Monopod for iphone 6 Plus 6 5s 5c 5 Android, Take a Selfie Photo and Video, Photo Booth with Selfie Sticks
Offered by PTP Direct
Price: $49.99
3 used & new from $16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the advanced features of this selfie stick!, July 23, 2015
I am very pleased with the features on this new selfie stick much better than my previous one. I like both of them but this one has a remote release button that enables me to snap a selfie from the handle rather than necessitating a timer. The camera is easily attached and secured to the stick and recharging is simple.

I also enjoy the sturdier, easy-to-lengthen wand. This Bluetooth selfie stick is very well-made...

I love it and am having fun taking more photos to share with my Social Media friends.

End note: I received this fine product in exchange for an honest review, and this is my honest opinion.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 23, 2015
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee"

Dove Deodorant, Clinical Powder Soft 1.7 ounce
Dove Deodorant, Clinical Powder Soft 1.7 ounce
Price: $5.47
4 used & new from $5.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and Long-lasting!, July 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a super refreshing deodorant, like nothing I have used before. It's a firm base like the others, but with a few twists of the bottom you are treated to sprinkles of clinical powder which is super absorbing and fragrant. It reminds me of the talcum powder I used to sprinkle on my babies when they were newborns. However, it is not messy like powder...

I really like this Dove product and it keeps me dry much longer than others i have used.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 23, 2015
Author of "Six-Pack of Fear" (with Barbara Watkins)

Winkine Women's Classic Fashion Large Tote handbag with Shoulder Strap
Winkine Women's Classic Fashion Large Tote handbag with Shoulder Strap
Offered by EM Store
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, love this stylish handbag! Big WOW..., July 22, 2015
All I can say is WOW, what a beautiful and convenient handbag. I absolutely looooove, love, love it! The style is so "in" and the size is perfect for me. I have always taken a lot of "necessities" when venturing out and about, and now with my trusty Kindle always with me, this size is even more appreciated. And before I forget, it is very well-made inside and out; the lining is attractive and there are many little pockets for holding your smaller items like lipsticks, cell phones, etc. Very convenient and well-designed...

I carried it with me when shopping yesterday and got a lot of compliments. When asked where I got it, I told them to check Winkine on Amazon.

I received this very chic purse in exchange for an honest review and HONESTLY, I love it! Pardon the gushing, but I just can't help myself. You know women and their purses and shoes. :-)

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 22, 2015
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee"

Graco Sure Foot Step Stool, Green
Graco Sure Foot Step Stool, Green
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $13.48
11 used & new from $8.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect height for my needs... and it's cute too., July 22, 2015
I had a hard time finding a foot stool the proper height for use when I'm at my computer. I had been getting cramped upper legs due to pressure from sitting so long. After using this stool for only a day, I notice a lot of relief. I placed it under the desk and use it from time to time in order to change leg positions which is important when sitting so long at computer.

I tried step stools but most were much taller than this one; even an inch makes a difference... I also thought about children's step-stools but the step was too narrow for adult feet.

Absolutely delighted with this... and it's pretty too. Love that fun shade of green. :-)

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes, White Tea Extract and Peach Willow Bark, (Pack of 3)
Price: $17.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Skin-care at its finest! Burt's Bees can't be beat!, July 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Burt's Bees does it again! I'm very pleased with this product because it's convenient, easy to use and each sheet is larger than expected. This extra size makes it possible for me to not ony cleanse my face but my front and back neck areas also. Due to typing so much, my neck tends to get still and sore. You'd be surprised how refreshing these cleansing towelettes are.

As for the exfoliating towelettes, they certainly do a good job getting the deeper grit that somehow develops on our skin. My skin feels better already and I've only used them two days. I feel CLEAN...

So they take a little getting used to as you learn how to best remove just one at a time, but that is a minor inconvenience for a product that makes me feel so refreshed.

Scents have never bothered me, but since my daughter visits often and has sensitive skin, I thoroughly appreciate that these are odor-free. This makes it possible for me to leave a package on the bathroom sink for all guests to use. How convenient and thoughtful is that? :-)

Thanks, Burt's Bees for another helpful addition to my skin-care regimen.

I received these free for an honest review, and I will definitely keep myself supplied with them. Awesome sauce, as my daughter would say.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 22, 2015
Author of "1106 Grand Boulevard"

ImogenStudio QCP-A200 White Edition +Cam Pro WiFi Video Monitoring Camera with Free Lifetime 1-Day Cloud Storage
Price: $59.99
10 used & new from $39.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind! Love the video streaming and ease of installation!, July 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We live in a relatively safe community, but with undesirable elements creeping into the suburbs at alarming rates, we have long thought of getting video surveillance. We have always used services of an alarm system for emergencies, but when I was offered this updated Cam Pro Wireless Video, I couldn't believe my good fortune.

My daughter who lives in another city has this system and when some teenagers started ringing their doorbell late at night, they knew right away who the culprits were. They easily solved that problem by alerting their parents. But it came in even more handy when someone threw a rock, breaking their side window, next to the street.

I was surprised at the ease of installation and quality of the video produced. The greatest thing about this is that even when we are out of town we will know immediately when something is wrong... due to the live stream. Wow! Unbelievable!

Needless to say, I love this product, even though I pray we never find anything alarming or threatening by using it. Better safe than sorry...

Highly recommended for the peace of mind it gives.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 20, 2015

Playskool Heroes Star Wars Galactic Heroes Millennium Falcon and Figures
Playskool Heroes Star Wars Galactic Heroes Millennium Falcon and Figures
Price: $39.88
3 used & new from $39.88

5.0 out of 5 stars For Star Wars fans of all ages! Awesome for display or play..., July 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't resist anything STAR WARS and this Millennium Falcon set is no exception. My kids of all ages (right on down through my great-grandkids) love Star Wars. While some collect various products for display, others are still of an age to play with them.

I am excited to receive this imaginative set for display and for the grand-kids to play with when they are visiting. This arrived yesterday and since it required a sharp knife to open various "ties," I am glad I got to open it when kids weren't here. Now today being Sunday, a few of the little ones are visiting Grandma and entertaining themselves with the ship and tiny figures of Hans, Chewbacca and R2-D2.

Am loving the giggles and "hoots and hollers" of the kids as they interact with each other, simulating Star Wars action.

I received this in exchange for an honest review and I honestly love it. Whether collecting or still at "playing" age, I recommend you grab this special product.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 19, 2015
Author of "The Toonies Invade Silicon Valley"

Five Star Extra Tall Locker Shelf, Holds 100 lbs., Fits 12 Width Lockers, Locker Accessories, Teal (73325)
Price: $14.45
2 used & new from $14.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, Five Star, for this Five-Star SpaceSaver!, July 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this cute and colorful little rack. My school locker years are behind me, but I use mine on upper shelf of my closet to organize my hats. I plan to get more to use for folded sweaters on closet shelves ... and for organizing shoes on floor of closet.

This sturdy little shelf can be used for a multitude of things. My next project is to buy a few for my office, my Girl Cave, to hold some of my excess paperwork which has a tendency to get out of hand. Anything that helps de-clutter my desk is fine with me. :-)

I have had a few separaters in the past, but none were attractive and sturdy like these.

Thanks Five Star... for a Five-Star Space-Saver..

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 17, 2015
Author of "Six-Pack of Fear" (co-author Barbara Watkins)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20