Profile for Betty L. Dravis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 985

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Betty L. Dravis "BETTY DRAVIS, author/reviewer" RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
iPhone 5/5s Case, ullu Handcrafted Premium Leather SnapOn Case - Mud Slide
iPhone 5/5s Case, ullu Handcrafted Premium Leather SnapOn Case - Mud Slide
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy fit! Practical, protective and pretty!, March 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this elegant little snap-on case, not only because of its classy, go-with-everything look, but because it's practical too. I always fear dropping my expensive phone, but this handcrafted leather case assures a good grip, easing my concern.

I've always been happy to have the ultimate cell-phone and now i have the ultimate case to proudly show it off.

The one I am reviewing is for the iPhone 5/5s in the Mud Slide (rich brown) color. I would have preferred Blue Jeans as that is a cool shade of blue, my favorite color, but this one goes with everything, as I said above, and is very stylish.

Thanks, Ulla for caring enough to make this sophisticated case... and for the screen protector!

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 30, 2015
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee)

Jarrow Formulas Greek Yogurtein, Coconut Cream, 16 Ounce
Jarrow Formulas Greek Yogurtein, Coconut Cream, 16 Ounce
Offered by NutriCelebrity
Price: $22.99
8 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the Vanilla/Coconut flavor and the ingredients! So far, so good..., March 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product caught my attention because of the yogurt. We always make a number of healthy drink mixes with whey, but have never tried the yogurt.

I have found whey to be a good protein supplement, so that plus extra fiber in this product makes it a wise choice.

Lately my energy has been a bit lower, so am also pleased to note this Greek Yogurtein with coconut and other healthy ingredients promotes more energy and muscle and weight maintenance.

Only time will tell if it lives up to its promise, but so far, so good and I do like the flavor. If I show no improvement, I will return and revise.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 27, 2015
Author of "1106 Grand Boulevard"

SmartyPants Adult Complete plus Fiber: Multivitamin, Omega 3, Vitamin D, No Added Sugar, 180 count
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamins! Brain booster! Liver detox! And more... SmartyPants is truly smart supplement!, March 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I always liked the flavor and chewiness of Gummy Bears, so it's no surprise to me that I like this product. But that's not the important issue for me. What's important is the vitamins and other healthy ingredients in SmaryPants, especially the fiber.

I've been counting carbs, so eleven grams per six gummies isn't bad. (One slice of bread is more than that and I have already cut that intake significantly.) Instructions say to start with three per day, then increase to the required six daily after a week. I'm still at the three-stage and all is well. I'm pleased with just knowing I am getting more fiber in my diet, adequate vitamins, iodine, Omega 3 and other nutrients.

It's also reassuring to note that the Choline and fish oil are good nerve and brain boosters and support healthy tissue, while Inositol helps detox the liver. Those supplements are expensive so consider that when checking the price of this product. Since we never knows what's going on inside our bodies, the more secure feeling is worth the price to me.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 27, 2015

InterDesign Ellis Hand Knit 2 Piece Mini Set, Gray/Ivory
InterDesign Ellis Hand Knit 2 Piece Mini Set, Gray/Ivory
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute way of organizing clutter... Yay!, March 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My spare bathroom doesn't have drawers, so not enough room for accumulated little things, so these are perfect for the sink. I set them up the minute they arrived and got rid of some of the clutter. Since the gray one has a little pocket on the side, it's perfect for eye-brow pencils and mascara wands, while the rest of the set is great for extra little medical needs and a few nail polish bottles. I even managed to put my hair-spray bottle in one with room left over for three nail enamels.

I'm very pleased with this hand-knit set; it looks quite stylish sitting there. Sure beats the previous clutter.

This size is good, but I could actually use a few about twice this size. I saw some on Amazon that looked too large, so am going back to see if they have the size I might use along with these.

Highly recommended if you need a bit more organizing. Just thought of it, but if I get the larger size, I would then use these on my desk for pens, extra accessories, like electronic cords, batteries, etc.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 23, 2015

Irish Spring Signature 3 in 1 Body Wash, 15 Ounce
Irish Spring Signature 3 in 1 Body Wash, 15 Ounce
Price: $3.97
6 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Basking in the refreshing minty fragrance... Irish Spring, indeed!, March 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have always liked the refreshing feeling after showering with the Irish Spring soap bars, and will never forget the ads comparing the feeling to a "warm, sunshiny Spring day." The mint fragrance always reminded me of the fragrance after a rain. Love that refreshing, clean scent...

I'm a woman, so was a bit leery of trying this product because it says "for men." I feared it would leave a very heavy fragrance that would turn people away. But not to worry! I showered with it immediately after it arrived... and am very pleased.

Since I appreciate products with multiple uses (cutting down on storage clutter), I just had to try this on my hair too. I have only used it one time but my hair seems as easy to style as usual. I will reserve my judgment on that until I use it a few more times. If I find it is too strong for my aging hair, I will return to update my review. So far, so good... It has passed its first test: My body, face and hair feel good... not dry at all...

I think I love it, but time will tell. Meanwhile, I'm basking in the minty fragrance that to me is like a fine Irish Spring day. No, I don't feel younger than springtime, but I sure smell good...

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 19, 2015
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee

Pocky Biscuit Stick, Matcha Green Tea, 2.47 Ounce (Pack of 10)
Pocky Biscuit Stick, Matcha Green Tea, 2.47 Ounce (Pack of 10)
Price: $23.45
5 used & new from $17.47

4.0 out of 5 stars A light, airy snack alternative... Fun to watch kids share..., March 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My grandkids were visiting when these Pockys arrived, so I opened a pack and let them share. The twelve-year-old liked them best, gobbling them down greedily. The younger ones said they were good, but they preferred their sweeter treats. That's only natural since most of our American-made snacks are bursting with sugar. And the kids are used to Grandma and Mom baking cookies for them.

But it isn't fair to compare these tasty little guys to cookies; after all, they are meant to be a lighter more healthy alternative.

All the adults in the family, me included, enjoy the fun of passing them around and biting into a more airy, crunchy taste treat. And it's actually fun to see the children share... reminiscent of movie nights when we all dig into a huge bowl of popcorn. :-)

There are about forty Pockys per box, which is plenty for the three kids to share for a snack, but with ten boxes in the package I received, there is no shortage for other occasions.

Another reason I like this product is because I like the antioxidants in green tea and the flavor, but am going to try it in chocolate and strawberry also. I think the kids will like those flavors better.

As I said above it's a light, airy snack... but it won't replace my regular salty pretzels or Fritos. It doesn't seem as filling... But it's great for a change.

Recommended for the entire family.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 19, 2015

SPRI Short-Handle Speed Jump Rope
SPRI Short-Handle Speed Jump Rope
Price: $9.37

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a jumper! Cool rope, but not perfect..., March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not a regular exerciser, but felt the need for some light-weight activity. Since I always liked jumping rope, I thought I'd try this. It seems the easiest to start with.

I really like this jump rope; mainly because it's lightweight, yet still strong and kink resistant. It's also easy on the arms, requiring little arm effort for a beginner like me.

What I didn't like was that it was hard for me to adjust it for my height; had to call my daughter to help with that. She needed a Phillips screwdriver and wire-cutters to trim excess rope.

Recommended for those just beginning an exercise regime.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 12, 2015

New Balance Men's NBG2002 Spiked Golf Shoe, White/Grey, 10 D US
New Balance Men's NBG2002 Spiked Golf Shoe, White/Grey, 10 D US
Price: $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice-looking golf cleats! Light-weight and comfy!, March 8, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My son went to the clubhouse to practice his golf game today and wore these shoes for the first time. He said he got many compliments on the style, but what he liked is the light weight of the cleats, the balance it gave him and the comfort.

New Balance is a reputable name brand so we expected to like these golf cleats and weren't disappointed.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 8, 2015

NEET Cable Keeper Cable Manager - Frustration-Free Packaging - Light Blue
NEET Cable Keeper Cable Manager - Frustration-Free Packaging - Light Blue
Price: $12.00
3 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars NEET keeps me neat! Easy to identify my numerous cords..., March 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a number of devices that constantly need charging, so decided to give this a try. I like the idea of color coding because I'm constantly mixing my chargers up. I decided to try the blue one with my Kindle HDX charger because blue is my favorite color and Kindle is my favorite device. :-)

I just applied it to the charger and the cord is longer than this Cable Keeper, but that's okay with me. I like the fact that this will help me identify my cords in my cord drawer, so now I'll go back and order a few more. They do come in eleven different colors, but I won't need that many.

I love it, and think you will too. We all like to make life simpler, and this cool product helps.

Thanks to the manufacturer and to Amazon for making this available.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 6, 2015

Weleda White Mallow Face Cream, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
Weleda White Mallow Face Cream, 1.7 Fluid Ounce
Price: $11.19
20 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped my dry patch after only two uses... Recommending for our new baby too..., March 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Even though this says for baby care, I got this face cream for myself, feeling that the natural ingredients would help clear up a dry, scaly patch on my forehead. This condition was so severe I always kept it covered with bangs.

After trying this product only twice, I'm convinced it will clear up this problem; my skin is already softer, making me less prone to pick at it with my fingernails. I won't be needing bangs much longer, but, truthfully, bangs are the best choice for the shape of my face, so will keep them. :-)

I'll also tell the mother of the latest addition to our family to give this a try. I'm sure our baby's skin will thrive on it.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, March 6, 2015
Author of "1106 Grand Boulevard"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20