Profile for Betty L. Dravis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 894

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Betty L. Dravis "BETTY DRAVIS, author/reviewer" RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Busy Bus - A Collection of Short Children's Poems
The Busy Bus - A Collection of Short Children's Poems
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 32 adorable poems to make kids giggle. Educational too..., August 28, 2014
Not only do I enjoy reading children's books to my youngest grand-children, I, myself, like reading them. And I love the illustrations.. I find the best books to be fun, clever and uplifting. And "The Busy Bus" is one of the most special ones I've read in a long time.

The 32 poems in this book cover an amazing range of things kids like to giggle about; from mean teachers to pink pigs, smelly socks to singing, flowers, fish and much more. I like that a single poem with a really cute illustration fits on a single page. Author Marsha Casper Cook planned her lay-out well, just as she did the topics of interest to children. She certainly knows a child's mind.

My very favorite poem is the one about smelly socks; it made me giggle the most. And I really got a kick out of Isabella Pimpinella with her red umbrella. I could name many more, but you will have to read for yourself to truly enjoy this author's talent.

I can't wait to read this to little Maya or Christopher, but if they don't visit soon, I'll send a copy to their mothers so they can read to them.

This author has many children's books on Amazon and since Isabella Pimpinella now has her own series, I already have "Isabella Pimpinella's Magic Potion,". I'm going to read that next. Looks like I'll be on a kiddy-kick for a while trying to keep up with this precocious, lovable character.

Highly recommended...

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 28, 2014

Twinings Chai Latte K-cups for Keurig Brewers, 12 Count
Twinings Chai Latte K-cups for Keurig Brewers, 12 Count
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A feel-good cup of tea! Spicy! Aromatic! Caliming!, August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never tried Chai Latte before, so what better time than now...when we have our new Keurig brewer?

The timing also felt right due to the cooler mornings and evenings, so I brewed a cup last night and again this morning. I really enjoy the brisk, spicy flavor and the calm, content feelings aroused by this Twinings concoction. Not only is it a feel-good cup of tea, it's also delicious and aromatic. Perfectly yummy!

I like other flavors of Twinings teas, also, but this Chai Latte has found another happy home.

Highly recommended for tea-lovers and for an occasional drink for my coffee-addicted friends too.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 27, 2014
Author of "Dream Reachers I and II (c0-author Chase Von)

Avanti Rosefan 4-Piece Towel Set, Ivory
Avanti Rosefan 4-Piece Towel Set, Ivory
Price: $53.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Found a home in guest bath..., August 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I expected thicker towels for this amount of money, but I still like them.

The pattern is beautiful and the colors of pink and ivory are truly eye-catching. I especially like the dainty pattern in the border; this pattern makes the towels look expensive.

This charming set reminds me of the towels my mother used in her Victorian decor, and they look perfectly at home in our guest bathroom.

Thanks, Avanti, for another hit!

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 27, 2014
Author of "1106 Grand Boulevard"

LeapFrog Roll and Go Rocking Horse
LeapFrog Roll and Go Rocking Horse
Price: $14.99
20 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, fun, durable "new friend" for your little ones..., August 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Leap Frog Rocking Horse arrived yesterday and I've already had some fun with it. It talks! It sings! It rocks! It rolls! (Rock n' Roll... LOL.) And it lights up! ... Fun times!

I can't' believe all the imaginative "first phrases" it says. "I'm hungry..." and the chomping noises following "I want a carrot..." are my quick-pick favorites. But hard to choose; you have to hear them for yourself.

I can't wait till the little ones visit to push it along to start them chasing it as the little horse goes through its repertoire of cute sayings and actions. I'm sure our children and grand-children will get many hours of pleasure from their entertaining new friend.

As for me, I like the fact that it's small and easy to store between visits from the little ones in the family. And since it's heavy-duty plastic it's durable and easy to clean; just a few swipes from a "wipey" is all it takes.

I recommend this Roll and Go Rocking Horse for children from ages six months to eighteen months. As other reviewers confirm, I doubt if it will hold the attention of the more active (running and walking) children for long. But a lot depends on the personality of the child, too. Give it a try!

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 22, 2014

Bounce Bursts In-Wash Scent Booster Outdoor Fresh 19.5 Oz
Bounce Bursts In-Wash Scent Booster Outdoor Fresh 19.5 Oz
Price: $9.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, gentle fragrance...like fresh air and sunshine..., August 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Cute little pellets of subdued orange. Very pretty...but do they really smell that good? The answer is YES and I truly like using them. These little bursts have a fragrance of their own but it still reminds me of when I hung my bedding and towels on a clothesline in the sunshine.

No matter that this product smells fresh and clean, I don't like a lot of fragrance so I experimented. I started with fifteen tiny pellets and found it was too much for my taste. I finally settled on 8 pellets, which seems just right for me. Everyone is different, so you should experiment in case the fragrance might be too strong for you.

A bonus to me is that they make the house smell cleaner and fresher while I'm doing the laundry, and for a few hours after. I don't know whether the linens will hold the fragrance for several weeks when stored, as the description says. I have only had them a few days. Other reviewers have reported that the fragrance of Bounce Bursts does, indeed, last for weeks.

If I find it isn't long-lasting I'll come back and add that info to my review. Otherwise, it stands as is.

Love, love, love using this product. And, like many others, I must warn you to keep them out off reach of small children. They look too much like candy.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 21, 2014
Author of "Interviews with Dirty Harry and Other Hollywood Icons"

Prince Lionheart YoMOTO Ride - On Bike, White/Blue
Prince Lionheart YoMOTO Ride - On Bike, White/Blue
Price: $80.00
7 used & new from $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool pre-bike for cool kids..., August 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Several adult members of my family are race-car/MotoCross fans and their toddlers have been exposed to cars and motorcycles on TV shows. I think that contributes to their enthusiasm when first seeing this Prince Lionheart YoMOTO Ride-on bike. The sleek, low-slung, cool shape, accompanied by the design of the blue trim (comes in red too), resembles a racing vehicle. What kid could resist?

Looks aside, this is a sturdy toy that the kids enjoy. Aside from having a bit of trouble placing their feet properly and leaning "the right way" for balance, the kids soon found their "groove" and are now fighting over it. I notice the ones past two years of age have the least difficulty in maneuvering it, so it might be best to wait till your child reaches that age.

Fun aside, on the practical side, it's a great way to learn balance and an easy step towards learning to ride a two-wheel bike. Another practical thing I like is the easy assembly; just snap the handlebars on and your kid is set to go.

Some parents are suggesting a helmet, just in case, so that might be a good idea until your child is used to his new learning toy.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 19, 2014

Neat-Oh Nici Wonderland Doll Miniclara 30cm Dangling Plush with Handbag
Neat-Oh Nici Wonderland Doll Miniclara 30cm Dangling Plush with Handbag
Price: $24.99
5 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks homey on my bookshelf..., August 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I once had a huge doll collection that included Betty Boop and Shirley Temple. When I retired I doled out dolls to each of my granddaughters, only keeping a few Cabbage Patch dolls and one Betty Boop.

I wasn't going to buy anymore dolls, but when I saw Miniclara I couldn't resist. My favorite Aunt's name was Clara, so that cinched the deal.

I like to add some colorful items in front of my books on my bookshelves, so Clara fits right in... the perfect place for her and her Kitty. The kitty came in a cute purse-carrier hanging from Clara's shoulder, so I left it that way. (It is removable in case you bought Clara for a daughter or granddaughter.)

I was a bit disappointed because the pink on the one I received is very pale pink with lavender tutu... not the vibrant pink pictured on the catalog page. But that's not enough to deduct a star. I still love her.

Miniclara's just adorable from the top of her over-sized head to the bottom of her huge feet. I like her sweet smile and the way she feels, too; so soft and plush. She always brings a smile to my face when I see her sitting on the eye-level shelf of one of my bookshelves.

What a fun, eye-catching addition to my home decor.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 17, 2014
Author of "The Toonies Invade Silicon Valley"

DII 100-percent Cotton, Ribbed 13x 19" Everday Basic Placemat Set of 6, Nautical Blue
Price: $24.00
5 used & new from $21.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Love a well-dressed table!, August 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

I just got these in red and when the blue came around, I just HAD to have them. Can't have too many pretty table settings.

Like I said about the red ones: New Designs is a trusted brand...for over 45 years. That's a lot of experience in textiles and it shows in these attractive, quality mats. IMO, you can't beat 100% cotton; machine washable, but I suggest you lay them flat for drying. I haven't tried the dryer, but it might work. I'll wait to see what other reviewers have to say about that. Let them be the guinea pigs. :-)

Another big plus is the large size: 19 x 13 inches! Now I can entertain in casual elegance.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 17, 2014
Author of "Star Struck: Interviews with Dirty Harry and Other Hollywood Icons"

Now Designs Set of 4 Basic Placemats, Chili
Now Designs Set of 4 Basic Placemats, Chili
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely backdrop for well-dressed dining tables..., August 13, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These place-mats are the perfect color for complementing my red-and-white dishes. Not only that, but they are thick and durable...with no frayed edges (as I have found in other brands).

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 13, 2014
Author of "Millennium Babe: The Prophecy"

Blue Microphones Mikey Digital Lightning Recording Microphone for Apple iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch (5th Gen), iPad (4th Gen) and iPad Mini
Price: $96.84
8 used & new from $86.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody loves Mikey!, August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm very impressed with my new Mikey Digital. It's light and compact, an excellent gadget for mobile recording, and I can use it on my iPhone and my iPad.

After finding an app to control Mikey (I chose the free one from Music Studio), it was very easy and the playback is superb. This will give professional sound to your videos or your garage band.

Since I do celebrity interviews, I am excited about using it on my next interview. I'm certain it will make my job much easier.

I recommend this highly.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, August 9, 2014
Author of "Dream Reachers" books (with Chase Von)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20