Profile for Betty L. Dravis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1048

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Betty L. Dravis "BETTY DRAVIS, author/reviewer" RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Foxnovo® FP10 10400mAh Lithium Polymer Ultra-thin Aluminum Alloy Dual-Port Backup External Battery Chargers Power Bank Charger for iPhone 6, 5S 5, 4S 4, iPod, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad 4 3 2, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 4 Note 3 Tab 2, Sony, HTC, Blackberry and Most USB Devices (Silver)
Offered by Foxnovo Store
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fastest charger I ever had... Pure genius!, July 6, 2015
This Foxnovo battery for charging iPad and iPhone is a vast improvement over others; the fastest I ever had. And it will charge two devices at the same time. The cord that came with it has three different product plugs... a real plus to me.

This simplifies my life and is very convenient.

Pure genius... Bravo!

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 6, 2015
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee"

Afraid Of Love
Afraid Of Love
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars New fan of Author Nancy Silk! Very enjoyable read..., July 6, 2015
This review is from: Afraid Of Love (Kindle Edition)
I found this book to be quite gripping and well-written. Since so many digital books I buy are poorly written, this pleased me very much and I look forward to reading more of this author's works.

"Afraid of Love" is the story of a young Canadian woman who struggles with male relationships due to a traumatic experience she suffered when younger. She had moved from the ranch life to Winnipeg where she roomed with a nurse friend and pursued her interest in writing and art.

However, due to circumstances that occur, Paula decides to return home to face her fears and mend family relationships, knowing this is the only way she can ever have a loving and productive relationship with a man. While there she meets a wealthy rancher named Richard who finds her irreverent nature and feistiness irresistible. Slowly but surely, Richard wins her over... And that's where the fun begins... leading to her ultimate healing.

The pacing in this dramatic love story is spot on and the characters and setting so well drawn that I felt like I was there with these likable people.

Kudos to author Nancy Silk.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 6, 2015
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2015 4:55 PM PDT

NeilMed Ear Spin Safe, 0.0625 Pound
NeilMed Ear Spin Safe, 0.0625 Pound
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Gentle and well-made! Not for me..., July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have never had a wax build-up problem but wanted to try these to see how they compared to Q-Tips. Happy to report that all four got a bit of wax, but only a tad more than Q-Tips. Based on those results, I can't recommend this product over Q-Tips.

I do like the way they are made, the soft rubber making them pliable enough so no harm can come to the ears if used as recommended.

I do admit I'm not the ideal subject for this product because I have never had ear problems, so I do recommend you try for yourself.

I hope this helps you decide.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 4, 2015
Author of "Six-Pack of Fear" (co-author Barbara Watkins)

Fisher-Price Animal Friends Learning Table
Fisher-Price Animal Friends Learning Table
Price: $26.53
9 used & new from $18.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute! Fun! Granddaughter loves it!, July 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This learning table arrived yesterday and we unpacked it last night in order to be ready for our latest one-year-old granddaugher when she arrived with her family to spend the Fourth with us. My favorite feature next to the colorful learning "tools" is the adorable giraffe. Since we left the legs off because Isla is not walking yet, I placed the giraffe leg on the floor beside the table to see what she would do. Sure enough, she crawled over to it first... Must be the colors and animal appearance that attracted her.

After that, a child's natural curiosity got the best of her and she started examining all aspects of the table's various "games." The huge smile on her face was priceless!

I think this learning table is fun, eye-catching and educational.. It looks great in the toy room I have set aside for when the kiddies visit Grammy. :-)

Thanks, Fisher Price for being there when my children grew up and for making such quality products that you are still around. You certainly stand the test of time.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, July 4, 2015
Author of "The Toonies Invade Silicon Valley"

Rhodium Gun Color Plated Sterling Silver Black and White Cubic Zirconia Oval Stud Earrings

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and elegant! For dress or casual..., June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Very pleased with these lovely earrings. The stones really sparkle and are just the right size; not too large, not too small. They are equally at home with my little black dress or my jeans.

I have tons of earrings, but generally favor three pairs: my 14K gold hoops, my large silver "gypsy" hoops and my black mobe pearls. Now I have a fourth to favor. Will get lots of use from these pretty and elegant earrings.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 30, 2015
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee"

Set of 10 - Leonard Nimoy Star Trek Spock Collectible Million Dollar Bill
Set of 10 - Leonard Nimoy Star Trek Spock Collectible Million Dollar Bill
Offered by American Art Classics
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for Trekkies..., June 30, 2015
My granddaughter, like millions around the world, loved Leonard Nimoy, the irrepressible Dr. Spock of Star Trek fame. I got this faux money with his photo on it as a tribute to this beloved actor and to add to her growing collection of Star Trek memorabilia.

She called today, expressing profound thanks and letting me know she is going to frame them for a special wall of her home. I had a hunch she would do that. :-)

This would make a fine gift for any Trekkie in your family. They will thank you for the thoughtful gift.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 30, 2015
Author of "Millennium Babe: The Prophecy"

Hidden Wings:: Overcoming Childhood Trauma
Hidden Wings:: Overcoming Childhood Trauma
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sad story with happy outcome! Best to the author!, June 30, 2015
I truly enjoyed reading this story by author Candy O'Donnell. She has a rough start in life and I appreciate her opening her heart to cleanse her soul and let others know the trauma she has had to overcome.

I find her a very strong woman and feel her story will help other women who have been in similar circumstances overcome their own trials.

It was good for her--body and soul--to write about this. I know it was a cleansing experience for her and pray she is well to this day.

Very interesting reading. Could use a few tweaks, but that is not the point of books like this, in my opinion.

Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Sq Ft
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil, 200 Sq Ft
Price: $10.03

5.0 out of 5 stars My family has used it sincee 1947! Stands the test of time!, June 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product stands the test of time. My mother used it from its inception back in 1947, the year I graduated high school And that is a long, long time ago. :-) I started using it when I married in 1952 and now my grown kids all use it too.

I use it for everything from lining oven broiler and other pans, storing food in refrigherator and freezer, and a myriad of other uses that most people are familiar with. I especially appreciate this product when it comes to family get-togethers. There's nothing like corn-on-the-cob or baked potatoes wrapped in foil and left to slow-cook while meat is at other side of the grill.

I could go on and on about other uses, such as wrapping damp toothbrushes in it when going on trips, etc. but I think your get the idea that I absolutely swear by Reynolds Aluminum Wrap. Much better and stronger than the competition, I might add...

Very highly recommended.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 30, 2015
Author of "Six-Pack of Fear" (co-author Barbara Watkins)

Darkness the Color of Snow: A Novel
Darkness the Color of Snow: A Novel
by Thomas Cobb
Price: $19.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Cobb hooked me from beginning! What a story..., June 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. I'm pleased to read this book by Thomas Cobb. I read it with great interest since Cobb is the author of "Crazy Heart," which was adapted into a 2009 Academy Award-winning film starring Jeff Bridges, After reading this book, I'm a fan for life, vowing to watch the film "Crazy Heart" and read Cobb's other books.

"Darkness the Color of Snow" hooked me on this author.

In this latest book, a young police officer, Ronny Forbert, has the misfortune of conducting a traffic stop which results in the drunk driver's death and places Forbert in an incriminating spotlight. Small-town complications result in bringing discredit to Forbert. His police chief believes in him, but they are fighting against the small-town mentality and the powerful, self-centered men protecting the car's other young passengers, all whom had been drinking and smoking pot.

The characters are so believable and well-written that when the situation escalates, causing unendurable torment for Forbert, my heart went out to him and I "hated" the bad guys causing the trouble.

This story has an extremely gripping opening and the author manages to heighten my suspense through the entire book. Cobb has written an epic story that progresses naturally... It flows, is well-paced, exciting and has a believable ending.

What more could a reader want? IMO, Thomas Cobb is a masterful writer, and I highly recommend all his works.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 27, 2015

Philips Norelco S7720/90 7700 Shaver, Frustration Free Packaging
Philips Norelco S7720/90 7700 Shaver, Frustration Free Packaging
Price: $199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars State-of-the-art technology, complete with beard attachment..., June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an absolutely perfect shaver, especially for my grandson who has been growing a beard for several years. It was way too long, so this is my not-so-subtle hint for him to shave it off. He thinks this shaver is the ultimate in shavers and particularly likes the special beard attachment.

This is state-of-the-art technology, incorporating all the latest features. It seems a little expensive, but I haven't shopped around so can't compare.

I received this sturdy Philips Norelco shaver for an honest review and this is my true opinion. I love it and if it encourages my grandson to ditch the Duck look, it would be worth any price... His features are too handsome to be hidden by all that facial hair. :-)

Very highly recommended.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 25, 2015
Author of "Six-Pack of Blood" series (co-author Barbara Watkins)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20