Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for betty l. dravis > Reviews

Browse

betty l. dravis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 1201

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

betty l. dravis "BETTY DRAVIS, author/reviewer" RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Emergency First Aid Kit with Resuscitation CPR Mask OSHA compliant Adhesive Bandages Wound Dressings and more For Car Home Travel Backpacking Hiking
Offered by Maqtek
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for medicine cabinet or for your survival kit..., June 28, 2016
This is an exceptional first-aid kit, complete with all the basics and a CPR mask for resuscitation. That's a huge, potential life-saving addition.

One can't be prepared for all emergencies, but it is nice to have as much on hand as possible.

This comes with a well-designed, sturdy carry case too.

I'm very pleased to receive this in exchange for my honest review. Highly recommended.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee"

Closet Organizer - Fabric Storage Basket Cubes Bins - 6 Blue Cubeicals Containers Drawers
Offered by Home-Complete
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful way to get organized! Love my storage cubes!, June 18, 2016
I love these organizers. I have a set of tan ones and couldn't wait to get the blue so I could color-coordinate storage in my bedroom. I have already filled four of them; two with shoes, two with hats. I adore shoes and hats, but never managed to have enough closet space for my collections. Now I no longer have that worry; I actually got eight baseball caps in one cube...and can fit a few more in. :-)

I don't know if they are all like this, but the color I received is not as bright as the product page depicts. It's actually almost navy blue. But I love them just as they are.

I'm glad they are so sturdy and am feeling great to get organized. What a wonderful feeling!

I highly recommend these for storing many things...from sewing items, toys and office supplies to survival necessities, for those of you who are into survival. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 18, 2016
Author of "Star Struck: Interviews with Dirty Harry and Other Hollywood Icons"

SABRE Runner Personal Alarm - 130 dB, 1,000 Foot Range - with Adjustable/Reflective Wrist Strap Designed for Walking & Running Outdoors
Offered by Fine Edge Trading
Price: $17.69
2 used & new from $17.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind for walkers, runners, joggers, hikers... Be careful out there..., June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I no longer hike, but do take short walks. Because of aging, I feel vulnerable, even within sight of neighbors' homes. This personal alarm gives me a measure of peace...and protection. It will also come in handy for young and old alike, in case you suddenly feel ill, have chest pains and/or any number of emergency situations.

When seeing this alarm, I thought mostly of my daughter who is very athletic, taking long, strenuous hikes and walks almost daily. This could be a life-saver for her, not only from potential human attackers but animals, as well. Not only does it make her feel more secure, but also I can rest easier, with less worry for her safety.

I, like other reviewers, must point out that this alarm is extremely loud, so if you are under threat for any reason and you have the chance, cover your ears. But a little noise is nothing compared to what could happen at the hands of an attacker. I also caution you to remove the plastic over the battery; no good having this if it doesn't work because of overlooking that small detail. :-) It's always a good idea to test it when you first get it.

I like many features of this SABRE personal alarm: the long-distance the sound travels, the ease of use (simply pull the ring), the wrist strap (that can also be secured to a purse, a stroller, backpack or even at your waist).

Since attackers don't like attention drawn to themselves, they will most likely run when this is activated. If not, the startle effect could give you a few extra seconds to grab your pepper spray or any other safety device you might have... And hopefully, the noise will bring help from anyone who hears your distress call.

Highly recommended for peace of mind in today's often-violent world.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 17, 2016

Sleep Innovations Shea 10" Memory Foam Mattress, Queen
Sleep Innovations Shea 10" Memory Foam Mattress, Queen
Price: $399.99
2 used & new from $399.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Just call me "Rip Van Betty." I relish a good night's sleep!, June 13, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having tried a more firm memory-foam mattress, and finding it a bit more firm than I like, I was excited to receive this medium-to-firm one. I could hardly wait the required time for this unique bed to "fill out" before trying it.

Yep, as expected, the medium-firmness of this Sleep Innovations mattress is perfect for me. l appreciate that it conforms to my body, yet allows that tiny bit of softness (movement) I can sink into and snooze to my heart's delight. Makes it easier when changing positions. I tend to sleep on my left side when falling asleep, then turn onto my right side sometime during the night. This is accomplished with ease, much more so than when I slept on the ultra-firm mattress.

Hope this makes sense to everyone; it is hard to put into words, but that little bit of added flexibility makes all the difference to me.

I've only had this mattress a few weeks and already consider it one of my most treasured possessions because a good night's sleep is necessary for good health. Just call me Rip Van Betty... I love my sleep time! :-)

Highly recommended for quality, comfort and well-being.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 20, 2016
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee"

Closet Organizer - Fabric Storage Basket Cubes Bins - 8 Beige Cubeicals Containers Drawers
Offered by Home-Complete
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Organization at it's best! Love these cubes!, June 12, 2016
At first I was a bit disappointed because I thought these wonderful organizers were stackable, so when I tried to stack them and they collapsed in on each other, I was disappointed. When I went back to the Amazon page and took a thorough look at the ones stacked and realized they were in a wooden frame, it dawned on me I couldn't use them the way I had thought. My "ah-ha" moment.

But that is not the fault of the maker; they are designed to break back down and be refoldable, which is very practical for storage when not in use.

I can't begin to tell you all the uses I have already found for these natural-toned organizers that blend in with all color schemes. Besides the usual uses as storage for toys, shoes, sewing needs, and even holiday decorations, I'm using two of them, side-by-side, facing outward to store my smaller hats--like baseball caps and fedoras--and placing my large-brimmed hats on top.

The best thing about thes cubes, besides their sturdiness, is that I love the feeling accompanying a simple act like organizing. I organized my shoe and hat collection last night, and today I feel great.

I do wish they had another handle on the other side to make it easier for lifting these when carrying from one place to another, but realize that would not be convenient for those who place them in an organized framework. This is no big deal because none of my stored items are heavy... Just a thought...

I appreciate receiving these handy cubes in exchange for an honest review. Thanks...

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 12, 2016
Author of "Six-Pack of Blood" (co-author Barbara Watkins)

Crafted Home Decorative Elkton Natural Square Coffee Table, 35.5" Length by 35.5" Width by 18.5" Height, Tan

5.0 out of 5 stars Original! Work of Art! Simply awesome..., June 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Words can't describe the beauty of this coffee table. It's a work of art! The intricate, artistically woven strands of abaca form a circular pattern of swirling tans and browns that's bound to be the center of attention in your home. It's the most unique coffee table I've ever seen.The one-inch mahagony trim at bottom (with matching legs) is the perfect finishing touch.

I love, love, love this table and am basking in the compliments from my family and friends.

Anyone who receives this will be fortunate, indeed.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 12, 2016
Author of "Six-Pack of Fear" (co-author Barbara Watkins)

. This This beautifully crafted table features twisted abaca in a smooth woven intricate design with elegant mahogany accents.

DII Home Essential 100% Cotton Culinary Grade, Machine Washable, Basic Dishtowel, Set of 4 - Red
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb qualty, extra-large and come in several colors. Red trim is perfect for my kitchen., June 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
i love these towels because they are attractive, absorbent, and the white with red stripes matches the color scheme of my kitchen. I hung a few of them today and they look very nice.

I also appreciate the larger size of these 100% cotton towels. The quality is superb; no loose threads, and the red trim is professionally spaced.

Since they come in other colors, why not grab a few sets for your own kitchen? I recommend them highly.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June11, 2016
Author of "1106 Grand Boulevard"

Yookat Sunflower Windproof Umbrellas Auto Folding Travel Compact Umbrella/ Auto Folding Umbrella/ Auto Open and Close Umbrella(Yellow)
Offered by Yookat
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This umbrella arrived yesterday and is just as pretty as the picture..., June 7, 2016
This umbrella arrived yesterday and it is just as pretty as I thought it would be. I love sunflowers and the color yellow. However this is an orangish-yellow, but that works for me too. :-)

In moving, I misplaced the two umbrellas I had, so when I saw this I just HAD to have it. I would have wanted it, regardless, because it's the prettiest one I've ever seen. In addition to using it in rainy conditions (which we don't have enough of in Sunny California), I will also use it for Facebook photo ops. I'm a filmmaker, so don't be surprised it you see different actors sporting it in future movies. And me flirting with it on Facebook... Selfies, you know. :-)

I love the button release on the handle that makes it easy to pop open and closed, and the little velcro tab that helps secure it when rolled between uses.

It's very sturdy material and should be wind resistant... Time will tell on that point.

Everyone needs a touch of cheer on gloomy, rainy days and this cheerful umbrella will undoubtedly be a conversation piece with my friends.

Highly recommended.

End note: I got this umbrella in exchange for an honest review... and I am being honest. Love it!

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 7, 2016.
Authoir of "The Search for Bobby McGee"

Venum Whey Protein - 4lbs - Chocolate
Venum Whey Protein - 4lbs - Chocolate
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dr. said less carbs & more protein! Perfect "whey" to get them!, June 6, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As I have aged, I know I need more protein. My appetite for meat has decreased, so what better way to get good quality protein than a rich chocolate whey drink. I'm very pleased with this particular protein because it's easy to mix and tastes so good... not chalky at all, like other protein drinks are.

There are 52 scoops in the container, so it doesn't matter whether it's half full or not. That's probably due to settling after filling. This will last one person almost two months. That is roughly $1.05 per serving; not bad for the health benefits to our muscles.

Another huge plus to me is that it's made in America, and I trust our country's products most.

Highly recommended for young and old.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 6, 2016
Author of "Millennium Babe: The Prophecy"

Accuweight Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale, 400lb/180kg, Gray
Accuweight Digital Body Weight Bathroom Scale, 400lb/180kg, Gray
Offered by My tronics
Price: $49.99
8 used & new from $15.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with design, width and accuracy! Awesome!, June 5, 2016
This is a lovely bathroom scale with clean, elegant lines, but best of all it is wider than average, thus making it the best choice for senior citizens who might be prone to falling. On top of that, it is accurate.

My previous scale was seven pounds lighter than my Doctor's scales, so I always had to remember to add the seven pounds. I compared this one to my doctor's and it is spot on.

I really like it a lot, so can recommend it highly.

End Note: I received this wonderful scale free in exchange for an honest review.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, June 5, 2016