Profile for Betty L. Dravis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1029

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Betty L. Dravis "BETTY DRAVIS, author/reviewer" RSS Feed (Silicon Valley, CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Qiyun (TM) Handmade 3D Bling Crystal Rose Flower Leaf Statement Collar Necklace Earring Set
Offered by Qiyun Wigs
Price: $2.32
2 used & new from $2.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the necklace for use with simple outfit... Showy but classy..., May 28, 2015
This is one of my new favorite necklaces. It's perfect for when I wear something simple and basic but need a bit of show in gold... I love the gold color, the huge rhinestones and the pretty colored flowers... Just the right amount of color for me.

I deducted one star because the rhinestone was missing from one of the earrings. That's not a huge problem for me because I like larger ear-rings anyway and found it easy to match it with earrings from my collection. However, it could be a problem for others, so needed to emphasize the damage.

I really love this necklace.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, May 28, 2015

Probelle All Natural Fungal Nail Treatment, Clear, .5 Fluid Ounce
Probelle All Natural Fungal Nail Treatment, Clear, .5 Fluid Ounce
Price: $15.00
4 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, helpful product. It works on my mild fungus..., May 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I stubbed my big toe about five years ago and my Dr. said I would lose the toenail. Although I never lost it, the nail did get a fungus that he treated with some expensive medicine. It cleared it up, but every once in awhile the skin around and beneath the nail tip gets dry, flaky and turns white.

When I saw this product, I decided to give it a try.

I have only used it a few days and it seems to be working. The nail and surrounding skin already show much improvement.

I recommend this for mild fungus, but if it gets out of hand, be sure to see your doctor. Funguses (fungi?) can get spread rapidly.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, May 28, 2015

Chinese Antique Vintage Twisted Flower Floral Collar Bib Necklace Earrings Set
Chinese Antique Vintage Twisted Flower Floral Collar Bib Necklace Earrings Set
Offered by Island Market Express
Price: $6.82
6 used & new from $3.90

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it! Granddaughter loves it! Guess who gets to keep it?, May 27, 2015
This a bright, colorful necklace, sturdy and well-made. It's not my favorite because it's a bit gaudier than it looks, but all in all it's a good bargain and would enhance certain outfits I have.

I have other necklaces from this company that I like better, but my granddaughter loves this one best. Guess what Grandma ended up giving her. She's happy as can be. I guess I won't be enhancing my outfits with this one, after all... but I have plenty more, as i said. :-)

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, May 26, 2015
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee"

Eye Mask Sleep by Smarter Rest with Comfortable Adjustable Strap - Best Sleep for Men & Women Without Puffy Eyes & Dark Circles - Great for Travel, Nap, Meditation - Bonus Memory Foam Ear Plugs, Silk Carry Pouch & Free Ebook - Money Back Guarantee
Offered by SmarterRest
Price: $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy at home and when traveling..., May 26, 2015
I have always wanted to try a sleep mask and finally decided to take the leap. I really like the sleep mask for several reasons: 1. It's soft and fits snugly without being too tight; 2. no light creeps in; 3. it's well-made...

But what I like best about this product is that it really does help me fall asleep quicker. I took it with me to our vacation hotel over the holiday weekend and it was even more helpful there. I found that the bright city lights crept in through the drapes, making it harder to fall asleep there than at home.

I recommend this Smarter Rest Sleep Mask for all who have trouble falling asleep.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, May 26, 2015
Author of "1106 Grand Boulevard"

The AquaAudio™ Cubo - Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with Strong Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Beach, Outdoor etc. / Optimized Buttons for Easy Control / Amazingly Powerful & Crystal Clear Sound / Compatible with All Devices with Bluetooth Capability + Siri Compatible - 10 hours Playtime Rechargeable Battery / with Built-in Mic for use as a Powerful Hands-free Speakerphone [100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - WE GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE IT!] (Silver)
Offered by F&W Trading LLC
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $15.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Now I can watch movies on my digital reader without missing a word of dialogue!, May 24, 2015
This is a quality speaker; best sound I have ever had.

With age I have become a bit hearing-impaired so could never watch movies on my e-reader. I missed a lot of the words actors were speaking, especially whispered scenes and when music in background. Thus, I always relied on my TV and captions.

After pairing this Blueetooth speaker to my digital reader, I was very surprised and happy with the louder, clearer sound. Wow! What a difference.

I did not get this for use in the shower, so please read other reviews to learn about how well it works there. I don't mind the large suction on this speaker. Actually, I use that as a stand for placing this on my desk or table and like the look; it looks like a modern little robot setting there. :-) Very nice-looking, in fact.

I highly recommend this. I loooooove it!

Frankincense Essential Oil By Scential Health 15ml (.5oz) 100% Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil With No Fillers, Bases or Additives AND ZERO Carrier Oils
Offered by HealthBiz Direct Inc.
Price: $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Scential Health oil. Extremely healing..., May 24, 2015
Of all the essential oils, frankincense is my favorite.. My daughter told me about it and brought me a mixture she had made, prepared by adding three or four drops to an ounce of her expensive moisturizer from Nieman-Marcus. She knew my neck had been aching from too much typing and craning my neck to read on the computer monitor.

She told me to put a dab at the base of my neck at the nerve center and to gently rub it vertically and horizontally (like making a cross). I did as instructed and couldn't believe it relieved my neck pain within minutes. It relieves it for up to three days before I apply again... when needed.

I went on to read about the benefits of frankincense from various sources, so when I was offered this bottle in exchange for an honest review, I grabbed it... After receiving it, I tried it on kinks in my legs, hip pain and other aches and pains that come with age... or over-exercise.

Another wonderful benefit is the one most often touted: It helps with breathing. To get this benefit, I either rub a drop of pure oil on my wrist or simply place the opened bottle on my nightstand while napping or sleeping. It really does help my breathing.

I could go on and on about other benefits I've heard about... but never tried. I suggest you read all the Amazon reviews to learn more.

I highly recommend this product and really like the Scential Health brand.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, May 23, 2015
Author of "Six-Pack of Blood" (co-author Barbara Watkins)

AeraMax Baby DB5 HEPA Air Purifier for the Baby Room with Odor Reducing 4-Stage Purification
Price: $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, clean air! Ah-hhh... Helps my allergies!, May 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My babies are grown now with babies of their own. They will enjoy the fringe benefit of having Grandma's house smelling fresh and the air being purer when they visit. But I ordered this super filter with 4-stage purification system to help my own breathing problems. I have allergies which are very irritating, causing me to tire easier when walking or even doing simple household chores.

I'm pleased to note that this system is certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. And I have noticed that since using this filter, I have reduced my use of doctor-prescribed inhalants. That alone saves money... :-)

AeraMax claims that this filter removes 99.97% of airborne particles. I have no way of measuring that, but going by my lessening allergy attacks, I believe it! Health is the biggest benefit, but I'm also pleased that it reduces odors; like when cooking cabbage, using garlic and other rather unpleasant smells.

I like its many helpful features: self-monitoring fan speed, child-safe panel, filter change indicator, etc. Please refer to the Amazon product page for full details.

Highly recommended; one of best on the market.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, May 23, 2015
Author of "The Search for Bobby McGee"

Peppermint Essential Oil By Scential Health 15ml (.5oz) 100% Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil With No Fillers, Bases or Additives AND ZERO Carrier Oils
Offered by HealthBiz Direct Inc.
Price: $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Essential Oils. Peppermint is one my favorite aromas., May 23, 2015
This is a helpful product. Ever since I was a kid chewing peppermint gum, I have loved the scent of peppermint. I have found several uses for this product.

The first is simply an aromatic benefit. I place a drop on a cotton ball and place it on a counter or desk top to give an entire room a delightful fragrance. If you prefer, you can simply leave the lid open or rub a few drops on your wrist, thus carrying the pleasant aroma with you throughout your home.

Second, and most important, I find that a dab beneath the nose helps clear sinuses and aid breathing.

There are many more uses for this special, fragrant oil, but you can discover them on your own. We are each individuals with unique preferences.

All essential oils are good and this is one of my favorites.

I recommend all the fragrances and especially the brand. Scential Health are the best.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, May 22, 2015

Pawnbroker: A Thriller
Pawnbroker: A Thriller
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A thriller beyond compare!, May 23, 2015
This is an incredible piece of writing... with so many twists and turns it made my head spin. I couldn't read fast enough to satisfy my sense of adventure. A real thrill a minute.

I loved the main characters... and even the minor ones who got involved in this diabolical plot. The evil characters didn't care who they hurt which made me fear for everyone. They put the Pawnbroker and everyone around him in dire jeopardy.

The trouble starts when the Pawnbroker shoots and kills a man who draws a gun on him, intent on robbing him... or so it appears. The sheriff trumps up murder charges against him because they think he has something they want. Turns out the robber was a cop.

Why was a cop in the pawn shop with a drawn gun then? Why is the county sheriff so cruel and vindictive? What is wrong with all the officers? What is it they think the pawnbroker has and why is it so important?

Why is he forced to hire a big-shot attorney from a neighboring town? How does the attorney's female investigator turn out to be his best friend? And when his wife suddenly changes, what is wrong with her? What is he forced to do to her?

This unique plot involves so many interesting, good and evil characters, the questions will come to you hot and heavy... just as I present them in this review. You will die to know the answers, but never fear because this prolific author takes you on a wild ride but leaves no loose ends as he deftly delivers a more than satisfying ending.

I am in awe of author Jerry Hatchett and can't wait to read more of his works.

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, May 21, 2015
Author of "Six-Pack of Fear" (co-author Barbara Watkins)

Nerf Super Soaker Zombie Strike Splatterblast Blaster
Nerf Super Soaker Zombie Strike Splatterblast Blaster
Price: $16.88
11 used & new from $16.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun! Latest colors! Grandson loves it!, May 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This fun toy is super large, much larger than photo indicates. And grandson Devon loves it! He goes around bragging that he killed fifty monsters with only one filling. That's believable because this Super Soaker holds up to thirty-five ounces of water and has four streams. But I counted only thirty make-believe zombies... Don't blame the kid for exaggerating because he's super excited about this colorful new toy... and his Dad always prevaricates about how many fish he catches. :-)

I'm excited, too, because it can hit those zombies from thirty feet away, and it lights up for night-time attacks. What more could a kid want in this type of action?

Devon now calls himself a super-hero and also boasts of saving helpless families. Good lesson in pride of self...

Thanks, Hasbro. Awesome toy!

Reviewed by Betty Dravis, May 22, 2015
Author of "The Toonies Invade Silicon Valley"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20