Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Dru Love > Reviews

Browse

Dru Love's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1051

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dru Love RSS Feed (NYC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Title Wave (A Booktown Mystery)
Title Wave (A Booktown Mystery)
by Lorna Barrett
Price: $17.28
49 used & new from $12.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, June 22, 2016
As always, I love my visits to Stoneham, NH, but this time the gang is onboard the Celtic Lady cruise ship headed to the Bermuda. And what would a Booktown mystery be without Tricia finding a body, and yes even at sea there someone is murdered and when it appears that no one is looking into, our girl is on the case.

I like this book. The mystery was well-developed and I liked that there was a whole ship of people who could have wanted the victim dead and it was fun breaking it down to where there was only one person responsible. Every character played a pivotal role in the telling of this tale and I especially love the interaction between the two sisters. The journey of self-discovery was a good one for Tricia and helped me understand her better as the author gave us a chance to delve into the family dynamics. That was an added bonus for me. All in all, this was a very good read and I especially loved how it ended and I can’t wait to see what the author has in mind with that unexpected arrival.

Berry the Hatchet (A Cranberry Cove Mystery)
Berry the Hatchet (A Cranberry Cove Mystery)

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, June 15, 2016
This is the second book in the series and it was very enjoyable. I love the characters and I liked how the author set up the mystery to keep me glued to the pages from the beginning to the end.

The Calamity Café (A Down South Café Mystery)
The Calamity Café (A Down South Café Mystery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great debut, June 11, 2016
This fresh new drama was well-written with a comfortable tone and a nice even pacing that quickly became a page turner as I had to know what happens next. The author did a great job in presenting the suspects and all the facts that gave way to clues that took me closer to the identity of the killer with some interesting twists that enhanced the telling of this tale. I like how the author set up the mystery making it enticingly appealing with a charismatic cast of characters, engaging dialogue and that small-town feel that made me fall in love with the residents of Winter Garden, Virginia, from Homer to Aunt Bess to Dilly to name a few. This was a very enjoyable read and a welcome addition to the cozy genre and I look forward to more adventures with Amy and her friends in this delightfully charming debut series.

Grilled For Murder (A Country Store Mystery)
Grilled For Murder (A Country Store Mystery)
Offered by Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, June 10, 2016
This was a very enjoyable read. I love the way the author set up the mystery with mini-plots that enhance the telling of this tale. I enjoyed all aspects of this well-written drama and I especially like how it ended for Robbie.

Murder Most Fowl (Local Foods Mystery)
Murder Most Fowl (Local Foods Mystery)
Offered by Penguin Random House Publisher Services
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, June 10, 2016
I love books that are so comfortable in tone and pacing that makes it easy to follow all the action that is happening and that is what I found in this book. This light whodunit immediately pulled me in and kept me engrossed in all the narrative; I especially like how the tasks that Cam does for her farm is woven into the storyline. Expertly written, the author does a great job in setting up the main plot as well as the minor plots that capitalize on the pivotal roles portrayed by the characters. It was fun watching this mystery evolve with the past infringing on the present where secrets are bound to be exposed and a killer’s determination plays into the hand of Cam’s inquisitiveness and their apprehension. This was a terrific read and one of the best in the series and I can’t wait for the next book in this pleasantly appealing series.

Éclair and Present Danger (An Emergency Dessert Squad Mystery)
Éclair and Present Danger (An Emergency Dessert Squad Mystery)

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Debut, June 10, 2016
What a great start to a new series in this well-written drama where I’m introduced to Winnie and her friends in this character-driven whodunit. I love the comfortable tone and the pacing of this story which creating a light-hearted drama with an intriguing mystery, a bit of romance and the building of a professional career. And oh those delectable naming of treats, how sweet it is. The author did a great job in setting this mystery up with a few viable suspects and I liked that the observation of clues wasn’t prevalent, but when it was all said and done, that final clue gave way to the killer’s identity. Boasting a lovable cast of characters (I enjoyed the age range of youth to senior and their interaction), engaging dialogue (especially Winnie’s internal conversation) and a feel-good atmosphere, this was a great read and I look forward to more scrumptious delights in the next book in this fantastically terrific series.

The Trade List (A Hollis Morgan Mystery Book 4)
The Trade List (A Hollis Morgan Mystery Book 4)
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, May 31, 2016
I love it when a story captivates and has me completely engrossed in all that are bound by the pages of a book. What a way to start with a tease here and there and then bam, the plot thickens into a fast-paced and action-packed drama that quickly became a page turner. I liked the tone of the narrative and how each scene blends from one chapter to the other taking me deeper into all the facets in the storytelling. With skilled resources, the author does a great job of taking me along on this ride with enough suspense and intrigue to keep me moving forwards as I had to know what was happening in the mysteries that were unfolding before my eyes. I like Hollis and what she has accomplished in her life and it’s always interesting to see how she handles her role when her personal life invades her professional life. I enjoyed the latest in the series and I hope there are more adventures yet to come in this engagingly appealing series.

Murder at Lambswool Farm (Seaside Knitters Mystery)
Murder at Lambswool Farm (Seaside Knitters Mystery)
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, May 25, 2016
This drama embodies New England charm with a comfortable tone that warms the essence of the pleasantries of life. A new guy in town brings murder and with the Seaside Knitters doing the untangling, all the pieces fall into place and a killer is exposed. Every time I read a book by Sally, her story pulls me in with the friendly atmosphere and the lovable residents of Sea Harbor, Massachusetts. The writing is expertly done and the easy pace makes for a wonderful read. The author does a great job of telling a story that had plenty of suspect with some twisty turns that truly enhanced how this all plays out in the end. This was a great read and as always I can’t wait for my next visit with Nell, Izzy, Ben and the rest of the gang.

Should Have Played Poker (A Carrie Martin and the Mah Jongg Players Mystery)
Should Have Played Poker (A Carrie Martin and the Mah Jongg Players Mystery)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Debut, May 24, 2016
This was a very enjoyable story. I like the set-up with the game of Mah Jongg, a retirement home and a secret that someone didn’t want exposed. This was smoothly paced with enough action to keep me delving into all aspects of this intriguing mystery that I could not put down until I knew who the killer was. The author did a great job of pulling it all together where every character had a role and I liked how it all meshed together with a suspect at every corner but with some surprising twist and turns, the author knocked it out of the park when the killer’s identity was revealed. Good Job! I love that the sleuthing was made easy with the cooperation of the police and the residents of Sunshine Village whose collaboration bought a killer to justice and created a family who will always be there. With a lovable cast of characters, good dialogue and a feel good atmosphere, this was a terrific read and I hope there are more stories with Carrie and her friends.

Rock-a-Bye Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery
Rock-a-Bye Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, May 24, 2016
Carolyn once again delivers an exceptionally delightful drama where all emotions were evoked in the telling of this story. A mother’s love is tested when Tinkie becomes a surrogate, this while trying to find the birth mother and the woman that is bent on destroying Sarah Booth. The author did a great job in pulling in all the characters who played pivotal roles throughout this tale. The narrative was so powerful, I could not put this book down until I knew how this was going to end and as always we learn more and more about the strength of these two women who simply steal every scene in which they take part in. This was an awesome read and I can’t wait to see where we go next. I know what I want. . .Sarah Booth to pick Coleman and Tinkie and Oscar to adopt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20