Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for S. Hamilton > Reviews

Browse

S. Hamilton's Profile

Customer Reviews: 320

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Hamilton RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer(pack of 3)
Misto Brushed Aluminum Olive Oil Sprayer(pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Price was good sprayer was ok., October 24, 2015
Good price 3 Misto sprayers for $12.00 but doesn't hold more than a little oil and you spend a lot of time pumping. Had hoped that the spraying would be more the consistency of say "Pam" so while the price was great I wouldn't order it again.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
DVD

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh...., September 17, 2015
This review is from: Gone Girl (Amazon Video)
Tedious and predictable. I was disappointed as this rather than being a great movie or suspenseful reminded me more of a cheesy Lifetime movie.

Bonavita 1.8L Cup Stainless Steel Thermal Carafe BVTHSS01
Bonavita 1.8L Cup Stainless Steel Thermal Carafe BVTHSS01
Offered by BIGFLY
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $26.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Improvement over the original Bonavita glass lined Thermal Carafe, September 17, 2015
Excellent Improvement over the original glass lined Bonavita stainless steel thermal carafe! I love this carafe it keeps the coffee warm for approximately two hours by which time we've drunk the coffee. It is lined with steel rather than thermos glass which makes it unbreakable.
The original carafe blew up in my face when I tried to rinse out the carafe while the lining was still too warm. I definitely recommend this carafe over the original which I hope is no longer made. My only complaint is that being aware of the design flaws inherent in the original it seems like the manufacturer should have recalled the original and sent people the replacement rather than having to pay another $35.00 for a safe replacement after buying a very expensive coffee maker.

BulkSupplements CLEAN Whey Protein Powder Isolate 90% (1 Kilogram)
BulkSupplements CLEAN Whey Protein Powder Isolate 90% (1 Kilogram)
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $24.96
3 used & new from $24.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product Great Value, August 12, 2015
Clean, not chalky or grainy. Doesn't leave an after taste. I was very pleased and will definitely buy again. Excellent product and good value.

Catastrophe Season 1
Catastrophe Season 1
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating..., July 4, 2015
Can't wait for MORE episodes

1x BambooMN Brand - Chasen (Tea Whisk) + Chashaku (Hooked Bamboo Scoop) for preparing Matcha + Tea Spoon
Offered by BambooMN
Price: $11.88
4 used & new from $11.88

3.0 out of 5 stars Made in China it's ok for the price., June 28, 2015
I noticed some reviewers mentioned the hand of the chasen splitting, cramming bamboo tines into the cup etc. So here's a few words about technique.
Place the chasen in a bowl of hot water before each use. This helps to soften the bamboo tines, making the chasen flexible and springy for effective whisking action.
Rinse the chasen thoroughly in warm water after each use to rinse off any remaining matcha foam.
The life of a chasen can be extended by storing it in a relatively humid environment. A dry environment might cause the chasen to split along the handle, which is expected over time from a standard quality chasen.
An "Everyday" Bamboo Matcha Whisk should have an effective whisking action for about 200 bowls of matcha.
Someone else asked about the number of tines that the chasen has...traditionally there should be 80.

Premium Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder Uji Kyoto Japan By Tealux - 4oz / 112g
Premium Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder Uji Kyoto Japan By Tealux - 4oz / 112g
Offered by Tealux Shop
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing taste...I love this matcha., June 28, 2015
Bought this several months ago for a recipe and it sat unopened and unused in my refrigerator. Recently my doctor advised taking away the one cup of coffee I drank each morning as with medication my BP continued to climb. I'm not a "breakfast" person (yes I know it's the most important meal of the day...) so I decided to break out the Matcha green tea powder and try it. Yes I know it also has a small amount of caffeine. I love food and drink "ceremony" but actually at the crack of dawn all I wanted was something quick and palatable.
OMG this is wonderful! I have the bowl, whisk, etc. but really do I need all this when all I wanted was a warm drink to start my day?
I took a glass measuring cup with 1/2 c water and 1/2 c organic light coconut milk heated it in the microwave to less than 175 degrees (I'd read that water heated to more than 175 kills the benefit of this delicate tea and gives it a bitter taste). The final step is adding 1 tsp of Matcha to the warm coconut milk and water in the frother...giving it a couple of pumps to mix and froth it and presto a perfectly delicious Matcha Tea Latte in less than 1 minute 30 seconds.
If I was trying to enjoy the meditative elements and drank it in the evening...I'd get out the bamboo whisk, bowl, etc. but this works for me...love the fresh sort of spinach/grassy taste, smells lovely...I'd rather "meditate" while I drink it. Actually I'm more interested in drinking matcha for it's purported benefits in terms of containing a high level of antioxidants,(5 times as many antioxidants as any other food – the highest rated by the ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) method, increasing metabolism, high level of L-Theanine which is beneficial in the production of dopamine and serotonin (credited with enhanced mood, improved memory, and promotion of better concentration, detoxification, boost to the immune system and finally lowering LDL (bad cholesterol) and increasing HDL (good cholesterol). Had I read any of that...not really as I said I bought this to make a green tea flavored cake! But whatever I love matcha!
I lost 10 pounds of "water weight" in three days despite being on a diuretic along with 3 different BP medications taken twice daily and a statin for cholesterol the only thing I changed was I started drinking matcha and I feel about 100x better. If it's a placebo effect...which I doubt I'm fine with whatever is giving me relief. I love the fresh taste of matcha doesn't have that tannin taste or regular tea or cloying taste of most herbal teas so I wasn't expecting to be a fan and unlike other teas it doesn't need sugar, milk or lemon to make it palatable to me.
And the color is gorgeous! I've noticed that in recent years that while many readers are appreciative of others reviews there are also a few haters out there who want to endless argue and write unbelievably rude comments to reviews...if you are one of those people please write your own review as I am merely sharing MY opinion, MY result and finally with a caveat what has been written on the purported benefits of matcha. All I am saying is I love the taste, the color and while something has improved something...if it's not the addition of matcha...I don't really care as long as I enjoy the matcha...I would definitely recommend Tealux Premium Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder based on the foil package I received as it's delicious.

Gabbeh [VHS]
Gabbeh [VHS]
VHS
13 used & new from $1.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly beautiful film., June 25, 2015
This review is from: Gabbeh [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Excellent cinematography...captures the incredible colors in nature and beauty and simple elegance of patterns between the weaving of Gabbeh rugs and the weavers lives. Unforgettable and stunning...it's a movie that once you experienced it visually you never look at the colors of nature in exactly the same way.

Affresh W10282479 Dishwasher Cleaner, 6 Tablets
Affresh W10282479 Dishwasher Cleaner, 6 Tablets
Price: $5.99
45 used & new from $5.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, April 13, 2015
Nothing special. I have an LG stainless dishwasher that's approximately 5 years old. Works perfectly but I figured it was maybe time for a cleaning with something more than vinegar. Turns out this was nothing special pouring white vinegar into the dishwasher works as well if maybe not pretty.
So while I have nothing negative...I'm going back to tossing in a cup of white vinegar and running my dishwasher through a cycle empty a couple of times a year.

Grindz Tablets, 3 Single Use Coffee Grinder Cleaner Tablets
Grindz Tablets, 3 Single Use Coffee Grinder Cleaner Tablets
Offered by Urnex Brands
Price: $9.50
6 used & new from $9.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning a Cuisinart Burr Coffee Grinder, April 13, 2015
I've had a Cuisinart burr coffee grinder for years and occasionally I'd attempt to clean by wiping out the interior of the hopper thoroughly with a damp paper towel to remove coffee oil, using a toothbrush to dislodge any loose particles in the burr and then using a vacuum or compressed air (as you'd clean a computer keyboard with) dislodge anything remaining...finally after several year I tried grinding some rice in it to remove the lingering taste after grinding flavored coffee. Turns out these Grindz tablets are a much faster solution less dusty solution than ride to get rid of flavored coffee residue but they won't substitute for cleaning the hopper or accumulated coffee oils. According to coffee mavens one of the recommendations when changing from one coffee to another in a burr grinder is to run a small amount of beans through to remove the residue of the earlier blend.
Apparently all this fiddling works well as I've had my Cuisinart Burr Coffee Grinder for 15 years without a problem...I generally vary the grind between medium and fine (I'm guessing but I think coarse grinding may contribute to things being stuck) as well as the amount of coffee I'm grinding generally between 4 and 6-8 cups. All of that said, I was happy with the ease of cleaning with the Grindz Tablets and took an equal amount of beans to run through afterwards which seem to take care of any residual taste. I have read that regular use of grinder cleaning pellets might result in more dust in the long term and therefore a great dependency on grinder cleaning tablets...but so far the jury is out for me. In the meantime...I'll stick with a damp paper towel to remove coffee oil from the hopper and an occasional brushing and once over with a hand vacuum...grinding a few beans to toss when I change types of beans. Since that's worked for 15 years without Grindz tablets I'm saving the remaining 2 packets for times when I throw caution to the winds and grind a flavored coffee that lingers on and on in which case this seems like a fairly simple solution.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20