Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Learn more
Profile for RJ > Reviews

Browse

RJ's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RJ "Chad" RSS Feed (Waltham, MA)

Brand New Original Westinghouse RMT-15 RMT15 Remote control for LD-4080 LD-4070Z VR6025Z TV
Offered by Sourcing Remote
Price: $3.94
11 used & new from $3.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with no setup, May 8, 2015
Works great in replacing the original remote that no longer fully worked. This new remote didn't even require any setup and has been working perfectly since I got it. Very happy with it.

PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - Jet Black
PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - Jet Black
Price: Click here to see our price
115 used & new from $48.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds to the experience and nice privacy option, May 8, 2015
The only thing I regret with these headphones is that I did not get them sooner. While playing games with the TV sound has always been fine, hearing even more distinct and clearer sounds with the headphones on makes it an even better experience. I also watch Netflix when I goto sleep each night, and if my girlfriend is sleeping, or if she is watching something on her Ipad, I wear the headphones and she isn't affected by what I'm watching at all. They are comfortable on the head, and don't take too long to charge, though they need re-charging every few days. Overall VERY happy with them and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Dishonored Greatest Hits - Playstation 3
Dishonored Greatest Hits - Playstation 3
Offered by You Name the Game
Price: $12.99
234 used & new from $2.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Good enough that it has changed my perception of certain game types, October 28, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
To me, Dishonored is a good enough game, that it has changed my perception of certain game types.
I have never gotten into stealth type games, but many times while playing Dishonored I have found myself using stealth tactics and loving it. There are so many different ways to attack each mission and while I'm only a little more than halfway through the game, I already look forward to playing the game again to attack missions in different ways. I've read about three different upcoming downloads that will add new missions and gameplay. Considering how much fun I have had with the game so far, I will buy this added material as soon as it is available (first I heard was in December). The action and story are even interesting enough that my girlfriend enjoys watching it each time I play.
I agree with people that the game somewhat contradicts itself in that it encourages peaceful tactics for the "good" ending, yet some of the super powers and weapons are geared towards chaos or actual killing. Even though I am using some stealth tactics, I have killed plenty and am currently in high chaos standing. The next time I play, I'll try for the peaceful, low chaos game style to see the story and ending unfold from that method.
The game can be very difficult at parts, especially going about undetected and not killing anyone, but like I've said, there are so many ways to tackle each mission. Trying different methods enables some surprise and pleasure with how many different ways you can accomplish things.
Many people have commented on the length of the game, calling it too short. I have played the game for about an hour a day, so about 10 hours so far, and as I mentioned, I'm only a little more than halfway through. So I expect to get about 20 hours on the first playthrough which is very good to me. I am normally picky about games, and have never gotten too much into stealth games, but this game has surprised me in that it has made me look forward to not just shooting my way through the game, but sneaking and utilizing different tactics throughout the game. I'm happy with the graphics and sound, but most importantly, the gameplay. Gameplay is always the most important thing in a game, and I feel that with the amazing variety of ways in going about the game, the gameplay here is incredible. I very highly recommend this game to anyone.
UPDATE: I just finished solving it a second time, and unlike the first time where I solved it with a violent approach, I used a passive, mostly stealth approach this time. I loved both ways, though the stealth approach is definitely more challenging. As I mentioned earlier, the game can be challenging, but in a fun and fair way. Just save often, since when you die, you go back to your last save. This is one of the few games I think is fully worth its original new price, and now that it is going for about half that, anyone that hasn't purchased this yet should do so ASAP. I've been playing games for over 30 years now, and this truly has given me some of the best game play experiences ever.

Vena Sera
Vena Sera
Offered by skyvo-direct-usa
Price: $13.79
49 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the few albums where EVERY song is good!, July 7, 2010
This review is from: Vena Sera (Audio CD)
I don't write many reviews, but I had to write one about this album after being amazed at just how good it is.
For awhile I had three other Chevelle albums (Point #1, This Type of Thinking..., and Wonder What's Next) and liked them a lot.
I took a break from Chevelle for a little while, then came back to them recently by catching myself up with Vena Sera and Sci-Fi Crimes. Sci-Fi Crimes is pretty good in my opinion, having some very good songs and some average songs.
I expected the same out of Vena Sera - some very good songs and some average ones.
Now after having listened to it every day for over three months, I am still surprised at how much I think EVERY song is awesome. Yeah I have favorites like "The Fad", "Saturdays",& "Humanoid" for example, but I love EVERY song. I'm 37 years old, and I can't remember feeling this way about any album in my life. This is now easily my favorite album of all time, and I recommend it big time to anyone that listens to anything close to this type of music.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2012 2:26 AM PDT

MLB 09 The Show - Playstation 3
MLB 09 The Show - Playstation 3
Offered by Media-Recovery
Price: Click here to see our price
249 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 08 vs. 09 - Worth the upgrade?, June 23, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
When 09 first came out, while the reviews for it were great, I still loved 08, and didn't think the small upgrades would be worh the $60.
After some time went by, I kept thinking about the 09 version more and more though.
I could get it a little cheaper now, trade in the 08 version to offset more costs, and make the upgrade, so I did that yesterday.
Its worth it to me because while both versions are great, you do notice small improvements in the gameplay, in the graphics of course, and the added options.
Bottom line, you can upgrade for cheaper than the $60 now, and if you really love baseball (like I do), then the 09 version is worth the upgrade.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Playstation 3
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Playstation 3
Offered by Hitgaming Video Games
Price: $12.99
264 used & new from $0.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., February 18, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I haven't written too many reviews, but I just had to comment on this amazing game. Let me preface it by saying I am an old school gamer (since the Atari 2600 days), and I am VERY picky about what I like. There's just a lot of games that don't do it for me. I mostly play sports games, but also like 3rd person adventures/shooters. Until I played Drake's Fortune, I always said the best game ever in my opinion was Resident Evil 4. I had that for the Gamecube, and it blew me away. I've half heartedly compared every game to Resident Evil 4, and nothing had compared to me.......until Uncharted. As I'm sure you've read elsewhere, the graphics make you pause the game and look around like "WOW", it has a very good story, and is very easy to control. The most important thing to me however, and what I think we look for in all of our games, is it's FUN! The game is just SO much fun, from constantly shooting the increasingly more intelligent enemies, to exploring the incredible places that Drake goes. Riding the jetski's while shooting enemies is fun, swinging from vines up high is fun, and again, finding ways to shoot all of the enemies at times can be a nice,rewarding challenge.
So many people have already bought this game, but if you haven't yet, I couldn't recommend it enough. It has become my single favorite game ever, and I can't wait until Uncharted II comes up, as it's already in the works.

Resident Evil 4 - PC
Resident Evil 4 - PC
Offered by GBA Global
Price: $14.78
50 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOO much fun!, September 5, 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Resident Evil 4 - PC (Video Game)
In my experience, the Gamecube Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games created of all time. But now that I don't have the time to play it at home as much, I wanted a version I could take on the road. So while the Gamecube version is incredible, the PC version is almost the same thing. And what's even better, is that the PC version includes the new extras that Capcom made for the PS2 version, so now there's even more.
And yes, just like the console version, a gamepad is ideal for this game. Come on people, this is an ACTION game. This game is so good that I couldn't care less that no mouse control, and limited keyboard control is available. Maybe I'm biased because I'm so used to using a gamepad, but even before buying the PC version, I had expected to, and had only WANTED to use the gamepad. I already had 2 gamepads for my PC, as they can be used in lots of games. So yes, if you have a PS3/PS2, or Gamecube, get those versions, but if you want to take the game anywhere, the PC version is nearly as good, with the added benefit of being able to play it anywhere on a laptop.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2008 3:29 PM PST

Ultimate Board Game Collection (Valcon) - Sony PSP
Ultimate Board Game Collection (Valcon) - Sony PSP
Offered by Creativsoul Media
Price: $32.75
41 used & new from $1.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it's supposed to be..., August 19, 2007
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I've been looking all over the web for reviews of this game, and there haven't been that many. The game websites trash this collection, yet most of us players say good things about it.
I'll totally agree with most of the players on this one. I bought this because I occasionally wanted to play Chess, and a few other board games when I'm away from home, and that is exactly what this game supplies - some nice board games to play on the road.
Yes the graphics aren't much at all, but the fact that it lets you do jigsaw puzzles of your own pictures, and import your own MP3 tunes on here is a very nice feature. Plus, I don't really care if the graphics are that great when I'm playing board games anyway. Great graphics are nice in other games, but the ones here are just fine for this game.
One of the small downsides is it doesn't come with instructions for the games, so for the ones that you've never played before, you'll have to lookup the instructions online.
Overall, and selling for the cheap price that it goes for, this collection is totally worth it.