Profile for Matthew T Atkinson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew T Atkinson RSS Feed (Virginia)

Page: 1 | 2
SlideBelt - Black Buckle with Black Leather (35-36")
SlideBelt - Black Buckle with Black Leather (35-36")
Offered by SlideBelts Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the clicking when you tighten it., March 2, 2013
Great looking belt, but I love the nice high quality clasping mechanism. I love that I can tighten it up easily and quickly add another click if I think I need it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 1:04 PM PDT

CAP Barbell Strength Fitness FID Bench
CAP Barbell Strength Fitness FID Bench
Price: $59.99
31 used & new from $45.48

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price it's great., March 2, 2013
So I have been using this bench for almost two years now. It is a solid bench and when considering its price it gets 5 stars. The build quality is as you would expect for less than $70. It is by no means janky, but you wouldn't see this in a gym. I am 6'4" and weigh 200lbs and this thing fits me fine. The most weight I use on it is while bench pressing two 75lb dumbbells. That might be more than the weight rating, but I haven't had any problems with it. It took a while to put together and either use some loc-tite on the bolts or make sure you tighten them several times in the first few months.

U.S. M1 Garand WWII 1907 Pattern Leather Sling- Genuine Leather & Steel
U.S. M1 Garand WWII 1907 Pattern Leather Sling- Genuine Leather & Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for the buck, January 4, 2013
This sling is made of nice quality leather. It has the smell of a saddle shop. I love it. For the price you can't beat it.

Ultimate Arms Gear Coyote Tan Tactical Military Hunting Universal Sniper Rifle Gun Righty Right Side Butt Stock Buttstock Padded Cheek Rest Ammo Ammunition Holder Cartridges .223 5.56 7.62x39 7.62x54

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly customizable., October 4, 2012
Great little product. The straps are attached by Velcro and can be easily pulled off and the mounting position changed allowing for limitless customization to get the right fit on your rifle. The ammo holder can be pulled off as it is Velcro as well. It holds my .270 ammo snug. I mounted a 1" cheek rest on my rifle's stock and put the cover over it and it is working great. I should point out that the Velcro used is high quality and attaches securely as if it was sewed.

The Rational Optimist: How Prosperity Evolves
The Rational Optimist: How Prosperity Evolves
by Matt Ridley
Price: $19.09
130 used & new from $3.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it until the author lost his mind., August 30, 2012
Book starts off great with seemingly good solid logic. However Ridley goes off the deep end. The guy wants to downplay scientific theory's effect on the industrial revolution as little or none at all. He goes on to suggest science has little influence on technological innovation, that is comes from "tinkering business men instead of thinking boffins, by hard heads and clever fingers". He basically dismisses Issac Newton, his contribution to calculus and its impact on engineers. He makes an attempt at discrediting James Watt's degree in mechanical engineering as having little effect on his improvements to the steam engine.

He gets even more ridiculous, saying that innovation in Silicon Valley comes more from the coffee shops and garages than the Stanford Labs. Then to really make himself look silly he asks "for which scientist would you give credit to the search engine". How about Larry Page and Sergey Brin, who actually developed Google in a Stanford Lab while working on their Ph.Ds. Then they go on to hire a bunch of top Ph.Ds (aka Scientists)to keep on improving the search engine.

It's completely insane and completely wrong. For any part of the book to have credibility I would have to fact check it completely, because if he can miss by so much on the roots of technology and innovation then odds are the book is filled with errors and bad logic. I'm angry I wasted time on this book. I say that with a smile on my face, because I just can't over how off he is and how much I enjoyed the first part of the book. Hopefully my time spent on this review will spare others.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 10:12 AM PDT

21 Jump Street (+ UltraViolet Digital Copy)
21 Jump Street (+ UltraViolet Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Jonah Hill
Price: $8.88
18 used & new from $4.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, July 9, 2012
Hilarious from the start. I was dying after 2 minutes. Ice Cube does a surprisingly good job as a supporting character. Tatum and Hill seem to have good chemistry and give above average performances. Funny movie.

SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Flex Series (Works with Verizon, Sprint, and Unlocked models)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best screen protector, February 17, 2012
I love this screen protector. The protector is not a super thin film. It is slightly raised and has a hint of give to it. It is hard to explain but it feels great.

Don't over apply the solution On the side that touches the screen. It will take longer for the bubbles to go away, which they will.

VIZIO E422VA 42-Inch LCD 1080p HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps, Black
VIZIO E422VA 42-Inch LCD 1080p HDTV with VIZIO Internet Apps, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Internet apps are pretty cool., November 17, 2011
I have the E422VL which is exactly this TV, except the refresh rate is 120hz rather than 60hz. The picture is great on mine, but the best thing about this TV is the internet apps. The coolest thing is something called flingo.org where you are on YouTube at your laptop, use flingit and whatever you have on youtube shows up on your TV, works with Vimeo too. I wish the remote had a qwerty keyboard, but for netflix for example I can search for something on my laptop, add it to the queue, and it's on your TV. Same thing with Youtube (one of the other times you might need a keyboard). I'm still exploring the other functions and the apps, but so far pretty cool.

Apple MacBook Air MC965LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Apple MacBook Air MC965LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION)
45 used & new from $599.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Believe the 7hr battery life, November 13, 2011
You will not get 7hrs of battery life, even with nothing running and screen dimmed so much you can barely see it. It is more like 5hrs if you are not watching video and you have the brightness turned way down (and that is pushing it). I don't know why Apple say's this thing will get 7hrs. Other than that performance is great and the screen resolution to me is what sets this thing apart from other ultra books. The high screen resolution makes it seem like you are working on a 15.4" screen. I would give it 4 stars if Apple hadn't misled me about the battery life. If it can get 7 hrs, as they say, then they ought to tell ya exactly what was running and exactly what was installed at the time they got it. Because it is not easily replicable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2011 6:28 AM PST

Levi's Men's 569 Loose Cargo Pant, Cougar, 32x36
Levi's Men's 569 Loose Cargo Pant, Cougar, 32x36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit, November 4, 2011
These pants fit great, slightly snug, but comfortable, the way normal pants should fit. Material is high quality and should hold up. Because of the nice material these could be used for working outside or going out. They even make it seem like you have an ass, lol. Says my girlfriend.

Page: 1 | 2