Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Steve D. > Reviews

Browse

Steve D.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steve D. RSS Feed

Unstoppable Momentum
Unstoppable Momentum
Price: $10.06
47 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Over All One of His Best!!, May 11, 2013
This review is from: Unstoppable Momentum (Audio CD)
I've been a fan since Joe's second album Surfing With The Alien. I've seen him in concert many times as a solo artist, G3 and with Chickenfoot and have all his albums live and studio. This is album is more of a return to the rocking out style of some of his earlier work and I've been listening to it non stop since I got my hands on it. Mike Keneally is the perfect addition to his band giving the music that little extra kick. I'd have to say if you liked albums like The Extremist, Surfing or Is There Love in Space this one's for you.

In regards to the people who are bashing Joe for not doing something completely different it's his work he puts his name on it he gets to decide what it sounds like. If you doin't like it or wanted something different that's fine but just because you don't like it doesn't mean it sucks. Try having some class and saying something like "this sound isn't my cup of tea" and use the power cosmic of the internet to find something more to your liking.

La Futura
La Futura
Price: $7.80
141 used & new from $2.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The ZZ Top Album I've Been Waiting For., September 11, 2012
This review is from: La Futura (Audio CD)
I'm a rocker for me it's all about the guitar. I've come to expect blues rock from ZZ Top and this album has blues and rock in spades nicely blended together. There ain't no pop; get up and dance music on this album it's all about the blues.

I Gotsa Get Paid opens with a nice blistering guitar, raspy vocals and strong back beat.
Chartreuse lightens up the mood a bit but still rocks with a nice snappy beat, catchy blues riff and nice guitar solo.
Consumption flows well from the previous track and again a nice sizzling bluesy solo in the middle.
Over You is a nice slow ballad perfect for a rocking slow dance with your sweetie where Billy really shines on vocals with a nice slow searing solo in the middle.
Heartache In Blue has a nice slow beat with some great background vocals throughout and a nice catchy riff.
I don't Wanna Lose, Lose, You has a nice catchy chorus you can't help but sing along to and some nice subtle guitar work (I'm surprised I haven't heard this one on the radio yet).
Flying High's opening riff is classic ZZ Top and once again we get a nice catchy chorus where Billy shines again on vocals, a nice riff and great guitar solo (maybe the best on the album) to boot.
It's So Easy Manana slows the pace down again but in a rocking way.
Big Shiny Nine's opening sounds a bit like more recent popish ZZ Top stripped down and fits in nicely with the rest of the songs on this album and definitely shines with a short and sweet drum passage in the middle before a nice guitar outtro.
Have A Little Mercy wraps up the fun with a nice slow tempo leaving you wanting more which I really do.

I gots to admit that everyone sounds great on this album. I really like the way Billy sounds on vocals. I'd have to say in short if you like the earlier ZZ Top sound and were waiting for them to go back to their roots this album is for you. I've already listened to it 3 times today and honestly feel that there isn't a bad song on this album.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 4, 2013 12:33 AM PDT