Profile for RenaissanceMan > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 420

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RenaissanceMan RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rose Gold Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver "Take My Heart And Make It Yours" Bracelet and Necklace Jewelry Set
Price: $35.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, High Quality, and delicate, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very pretty, delicate and high quality necklace and bracelet. I have found that Rhodium plating produces a very nice high quality product that lasts for a very long time. The underlying precious metal of silver helps to produce a quality product.

The chain is delicate but fairly strong and the clasp is your standard clasp. Overall, it's high quality fashion jewelry.

The only con I found is that the little heart on the pendant can flip over and the back does not look like the front so if it winds up inside out, it's not as appealing. Just FYI.

The pendant is cute and goes well with a trendy rose gold fashion watch.

Crescent CSWS6 3/8-Inch Drive Socket Wrench Set, 11-Piece
Crescent CSWS6 3/8-Inch Drive Socket Wrench Set, 11-Piece
Price: $16.53
7 used & new from $16.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set from a Great Company, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used Crescent tools all my life. My dad had them and his grandfather had them. I have found them to be high quality and economical. They also have a solid warranty that the company stands behind but you shouldn't need the warranty because these tools will very likely outlive the owner.

Regarding this 3/8 socket set. This is generally the most popular mid-sized set and it comes with the features of the higher end name brands. To me, this is the basic set that you want to have.

IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Tooth Count. The more teeth a ratchet has the less motion you need on it before the teeth reset and catch. This can be very important when you're trying to tighten a bolt in a tight spot. This ratchet has 72 teeth which is very good.
- 6pt vs 12pt. For most home uses, I prefer 12pt sockets because they are easier to get on the bolts without turning too much. 6 sided dies provide for a much more solid contact and prevent rounding of your bolts but for most applications they are overkill.
- Surface Drive. Gets a better grip on more of the surface of the bolts to keep from stripping bolts
- Chrome Vanadium Steel. Strong, highly polished steel that is easy to clean
- Large/standard stamping. These don't have the laser etching found in some of the snapon or craftsman tools but it really doesn't matter. The stamping is very clean and well designed.
- Solid carrying Case. The carrying case is sturdy with nice tough latches

CONS
- The only con to this set is that it doesn't include a shorter extension which would've been nice for a set like this but that's a very fine nit. If you really need a shorter extension it'll cost you a buck or two.

MADE IN TAIWAN
- Some of us, me included, prefer to buy American made tools and I have a ton of American sets but it does cost more. The second best option to me is to buy Taiwan steel. They have very high quality controls and the tools they produce are of great quality and they are cost effective. If I'm not mistaken, Gearwrench is made in Taiwan and a few other high end producers.Taiwan has some great high quality foundries and while not made in America, they are very high quality and cost effective.

COST EFFECTIVE
- You can spend a lot of money on tools and I have some very expensive sets but I would never leave any very expensive set in my vehicle and I'm of the mind that I can carry this set with me and I never have to worry about it being stolen. It's a Crescent set.

Google Nexus9 - Hideaway with Stand - Ruggedized - Black - Black
Google Nexus9 - Hideaway with Stand - Ruggedized - Black - Black
Price: $63.59
3 used & new from $54.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ruggedized protection for industrial or childproofing environments, April 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Hard Candy makes the very best cases. I've relied on them for years to protect the ipads for my kids and this nexus case is no deviation. The plastic is thick and it comes with a screen protector. If you have kids or work in an industrial environment then this case will serve you very well. The kickstand is a nice addition to keep the nexus standing upright and readable.

I have seen a product, not this nexus, in hard candy case be thrown against a wall and the product not be damaged at all. I do not recommend anyone do that with their sensitive electronics but I have seen a product survive very strenuous activity. Definitely give it a shot if you need ruggedized industrial or child protection.

Netgear ProSAFE 8-Port Gigabit Click Switch (GSS108E-100NAS)
Netgear ProSAFE 8-Port Gigabit Click Switch (GSS108E-100NAS)
Price: $69.99
48 used & new from $66.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best under-table hotel conference room table switch out there, April 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is probably the best low profile easily mountable (and unmountable) switch out there for the workroom, conference room, conference setup environment out there. You can easily mount it under a workroom table and it provides 8 ports of gigabit Ethernet and two USB charging ports. The USB ports have 10W maximum per port and 15W maximum total which is enough to charge phones and tablets. The case is made of plastic which is a bit of a departure for Netgear but for a switch like that it should be fine. Be aware that this switch does not have some of the network management features of the GSS116E (which features 16 ports, some management features, metal case, but no USB charging ports).

PROS
- snap mountable and unmountable (you mount the mounting strip with screws and then the switch just snaps into that mounting strip)
- cable management
- USB charging ports
- standard power plug, no big transformer block
- durable construction
- runs cool
- lifetime warranty
- lifetime next day replacement
- lifetime tech support

Overall, this is a very nice product. I use it at home under my desk an it provides Ethernet to a laptop, desktop, printer and mass storage. It fits unobtrusively under the desk and the cord management keeps the cables under control. Great product. I could not recommend it more.

ullu Handcrafted Premium Leather Snap-On Case for iPhone 6 - Retail Packaging - Knight Rider
Price: $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality fashion accessory - limited protection, April 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very trendy, high-end real leather snap on case for the IPhone 6. It's fairly minimalist.
- no protection for the front of the iphone
- decent corner protection, which is what generally gets hit on a fall
- looks good
- protects the back fairly well
- it's not bulky

To me, this is more of a fashion accessory for the iPhone than real protection. I do think that the corners are what generally gets damaged on a fall so this offers some protection. I did like the quality of the product.

Delta Faucet 3564-MPU-DST Ashlyn Two Handle Widespread Lavatory Faucet, Chrome
Delta Faucet 3564-MPU-DST Ashlyn Two Handle Widespread Lavatory Faucet, Chrome
Price: $148.30
4 used & new from $148.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Delta is the best., April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an elegant faucet that can be easily changed by a diy person. The water lines are adjustable so it can fit narrow and wide water faucets. Over the years, I have switched my faucets to delta. They're smooth actuating, high quality, and they last over a decade easily. Their designs are always contemporary and timeless. This Ashlyn is very pretty and trendy and comes in chrome or a dark bronze finish. Either is great and very timeless.

If you're having an issue with your faucet or just want to upgrade, this is a wonderful option. I had mine changed in 20 minutes.

Command Decor 03CBDE Damage-Free Wall Tiles with 2 Chalkboard and 1 Dry Erase, 3-Pack
Price: $64.83

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy, cost-effective way to add a splash of style to an office., April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think these are a great way to quickly change out seasonal decor for a small office. The chalkboard options are nice of you have kids and want to put up something creative that remembers of them. You get three squares. One of the three squares has an extender that mounts it farther from the wall allowing you to overlap the squares. The mounting foundations use standard command strips which makes them very easy to mount and remove. The mounting foundation have built in levels to make sure they're horizontal. Finally, the square faceplates attach magnetically making them super easy to change. If you need to remove the entire fixture, the remove easily withou marring your walls and can be mounted elsewhere. Overall, it's an easy, cost-effective way to add a splash of style to an office.

Skulpt Aim Measures Body Fat Percentage and Muscle Quality
Skulpt Aim Measures Body Fat Percentage and Muscle Quality
Price: $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My High Tech Personal Trainer! Get one if you're serious about getting in shape, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
No, seriously. I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews but I thought I'd give it a try and I'm glad I did. I was worried, it'd be hard to use or that it wouldn't work all the time. This is super easy and works every time. The only problem that I found is that it is brutally honest and told me where my fitness stood - I need some work on my body.

This is how this thing works:
1) Comes nicely packaged from Amazon
2) Unpack the USB cable and plug it in (it doesn't come with a power block so I plugged it into my ankler. It's a standard micro usb plug)
3) Mine came fully charged but you might want to let it charge for a bit
4) Download the app from the app store. I use IOS.
5) Turn on Skulpt (button on left side towards the top, just press and hold)
6) Turn on the App. It'll prompt you to pair
7) Skulpt will give you a code that you enter into the app on the iPhone
8) You create a profile with your height, weight, birthdate, etc.
9) It comes with a little water vial mister that you spray on the sensors on the back of sculpt and then follow the instructions to press the device to your biceps, quads, and abs. When you position the device, press it against your skin and it'll start to read as soon as you apply the right amount of pressure, not too much, the lights change colors to let you know it's working. It's almost instantaneous
10) Follow the instructions to do the three muscle groups.

After you're done, it gives you a muscle quality and a body fat % for each muscle group you measure on your iPhone. This device works in conjunction with an IPhone perfectly. It's the future of health in many ways.

You can measure up to 24 muscles in your body if you want or just 3 to give you a good reading of your overall health (I have a bit of work before I'm ready for summer).

It couldn't be easier. This is not something I'll do everyday but as I progress, I'll likely do this weekly or monthly as I get in shape. It gives you a much better reading than the old style grips at the gym. This is a personal trainer.

NOTE: I used regular tap water for the mister. As I understand it, distilled water doesn't have enough minerals in it to be conductive so I wanted regular old tap water. The device is water resistant but I wouldn't throw it in the wash

OPERATION:
- It has a button on the left side towards the top to turn on, off, and to select.
- It has a rocker button on the right side to navigate up and down into the controls. It's very intuitive
- It has a light all around that lights up when you take your readings to help you get it. The feedback is important
- It has a series of sensors in the back. You can not feel it working but the lights give you a great reading. Those have to be moistened with the mister to get a good reading.

MY PERSONAL TRAINER
- If you're a body builder, this tool will tell you how each of your muscle groups is doing individually and where you need to shed fat.

OVERALL
- This is the future of fitness right here. I'm very impressed and excited about this product. Sometimes I get things like this and wind up just throwing them away after I review them because they don't work. That's not the case here. This is a serious tool for someone who is working to get in shape.
- It's a bit pricey but there is a lot of technology in there.
- The app is very slick and easy to use. If you're an apple or android person, you'll love the usability of this tool

Goodnites Bedtime Pants for Girls, Small/Medium, 44 Count
Goodnites Bedtime Pants for Girls, Small/Medium, 44 Count
Price: $22.97
3 used & new from $19.82

5.0 out of 5 stars For your bigger kids, April 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sometimes I find that when my older daughter travels, I worry that she'll bedwet. I hear it's a common occurrence and when we're in a hotel room or some place like that we reach for these larger sized pullups. There aren't many options in the market out there but I'm glad these exist and that they're very dependable. I just trust Goodnites to prevent accidents. The designs are pretty and the absorbency is great.

GoodNites Bedtime Pants for Boys, Small/Medium, 44 Count
GoodNites Bedtime Pants for Boys, Small/Medium, 44 Count
Price: $22.97
2 used & new from $22.97

5.0 out of 5 stars They're my go to brand, April 14, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
GoodNites are my go to brand for overnight bedwetting protection for slightly larger kids who have outgrown traditional training pants. There comes a point where you just have to change to GoodNites. I used to have blowouts every once in a while with my kid until we changed to GoodNites and now it's a rare occurrence for us to have a problem and usually it involves my kid going to the bathroom and then failing to put the pants on straight - can't blame them for that. I highly recommend these just pay attention to the weight guidance. The designs are trendy too and my kid likes them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20