Profile for AverageReviewer > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 658

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AverageReviewer RSS Feed

Price: $39.97
22 used & new from $39.97

5.0 out of 5 stars The four year old gives it three thumbs up, August 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It took me about 10 minutes to assemble this thing just from looking at the box. I didn't follow the instructions which were very clear and well laid out. My 8 year old helped me put the finishing touches on it. Everything was easy snap and go.

My 8 year old and my 4 year old loved this my little pony castle. I asked them and they said that they loved that it had a lot of rooms and that they loved the slide and the garage at the top of the castle.

Overall, it's your typical dollhouse only for my little pony which is a cartoon series that has a lot of episodes out there. I would say this is appropriate for 4-9. My girls love it.

It comes with a limited edition pony that you can't get elsewhere which my 8 year old immediately identified and a few playthings. What else can I say.

Kobi Electric K3L5 17-watt (75-Watt) Multi Voltage 277v R30 LED 4100K White Indoor Flood Light Bulb, Non-Dimmable
Price: $26.92
4 used & new from $21.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice White Light, August 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First of all there are some pros to this bulb that are not readily apparent to a home consumer but which are worth noting. This is a multi-voltage bulb that can run from 90 to 277 volts where most US home applications are 115 but many commercial buildings run at 277. The people who know know. The plus for the regular consumer is that this bulb appears to be very well constructed and very tough and I expect it to last a long time.

The other plus is that if your have wild fluctuations in the voltage where you live like in a rural area with a coop at the end of a very long line, this kind of bulb can take more variation than normal bulbs.

I will say that this is a 4100K bulb which means that the light is fairly white but more akin to daylight. If you don't know what I'm talking about....let me explain a bit. Daylight is actually fairly white and to an extent even bluish but we can't really tell because our eyes adjust. By contrast most incandescent light bulbs that we grew up with have an orange cast to them. You can't tell the orange cast because our eyes filter that out. That said, when you turn on this bulb at night especially if you have regular bulbs that run at 3500k then you'll definitely tell the difference....the light of this bulb will be cooler and whiter. It's not bluish per se like some of the first generation of led bulbs which really produced a blue caste but you will be able to tell the difference.

The other huge advantage is that this bulb burns pennies on the dollar as compared to regular flood lights. I can't say enough great things about this bulb. It's over my kitchen sink right now.

Oh -- one final thing. It's not dimmable. That's not a big deal for me in the application I'm using it for but I thought I'd share that as well.

Mackie CR4 4-Inch Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors (Set of 2)
Mackie CR4 4-Inch Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors (Set of 2)
Offered by Proaudiostar
Price: $149.99
2 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Liberate your music with these MusicMonitors, August 18, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First of all a note on monitors for the non-experts like me out there. Monitors are special speakers that are designed for music professionals who are either musicians or for people who generate music on computers. The intent with monitors is to faithfully reproduce the sounds of instruments with as little distortion as possible and without adding anything to the sound. There are special consideration to the design of power supplies, amplifiers, speakers, enclosures, tuning ports etc that designers of musicmonitors take into account when they build musicmonitors. By contrast many commercial brands of speakers are "hot" which means that they are geared for the consumer of music vs to the producer of the music. Some of those speakers enhance the bass or the treble or the midrange for the consumer -- some people call those tunings as "hot." I know that there are other differences out there. As a point, some people claim that monitors are nothing more than regular speakers and that at best monitors might be more robust from an enclosure standpoint and from an amp standpoint....a working musician's speaker....so another way that people classify these things is to say that a monitor is built for the needs of the music professional where as a speaker is built to the needs of the music consumer.

Do you need music monitors? If you're a musician or a creator of multimedia music the answer is yes and you already know the answer is yes. To you the question is how many thousands of dollars do you want to spend for musicmonitors and whether you're going to be kicking them around stage with your boots or throwing them onto the back of a pickup for the next concert or whether they're going to be discerning enough for that orchestra you're recording in a studio. If you're a consumer then picking a monitor vs a regular speaker depends on what type of audiophile you are. Some friends of mine hate monitors because they claim the bass isn't deep enough or they claim that they just don't sound the way they want them to sound. Other friends insist that only monitors faithfully reproduce the music they love to listen to.

There's also a misconception that monitors don't produce deep bass or other sounds. That is just plainly not true. A drum will sound like a drum through a monitor (and I guess it will also sound like a drum through a set of speakers) and I get phenomenal bass from these monitors btw. These Mackies will rattle the walls in my study if I turn them up with their 50 watts.

So on these monitors....50watts of power with very low distortion from a specially designed monitor amp, you can put the volume knob speaker on the left or right. You have RCA speaker inputs, front 1/8 mini jack, 1/4 jacks in the back. It comes with accessories too. the speaker wire to connect the speaker, rca to 1/8 jack and an 1/8 to 1/8 jack for the front as well as the power cord. So pretty much everything you need to get up and going with a computer setup.

Ok on sound.....wow. These things blow the vast majority of computer speakers away. The ported wood cabinet, the ferrofluid tweeter, the polypropelyene coated 4" woofer really add up to impressive BIG Music Liberating sound. At the moment, I'm listening to instrumental music and I can say this is the clearest sounding set of computer/shelf monitors out there.

The price is also really attractive here for a monitor out there which can easily cost quite a bit more than these. This is a steal for monitors --- even low end Bose monitors are 2x as much and these sound better to me (others may disagree) . For the price and for the sound you get, these are really hard to beat. If you're creating multimedia music, you owe it to yourself to get a set of these. If you're looking to upgrade your computer speakers then these are the bomb and will blow plastic enclosure teeny speakers away. These will liberate your music!

MIC Holster Black 17,18,19,22,23,24,26,27,31,32,34,35
MIC Holster Black 17,18,19,22,23,24,26,27,31,32,34,35
Offered by BlitzBusters
Price: $22.99
3 used & new from $18.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have one of these, July 30, 2014
This is a must have for any firearm you have especially guns with no external safeties. I putt his on my glock and you can load and unload the firearm without removing the safety device which to me is very nice. Very study, it won't fall off.

Word of caution, I hear that if you don't remove this item correctly, you can crack the little holster so be sure to follow directions. It's made of kydex so it's very sturdy

Ka-Bar 2-1245-1 Black Tanto Knife
Ka-Bar 2-1245-1 Black Tanto Knife
Price: $59.99
40 used & new from $58.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive Knife, July 30, 2014
This is really just a toy that never gets used but I like to have a couple of kabars around in case the end of the world arrives. I've got to say that this tanto blade is impressive. Sharp, straight. If I had to hike through a south american jungle or go to war, this is probably the knife I'd carry. Full tang. Comes sharp, Easy to sharpen. This is great.

Would I pick it over the traditional KBar? No but I'm a traditionalist. I have both and I find this tanto to be more impressive than the regular Kbar but that's just me.

Permethrin SFR 32 oz Bottle
Permethrin SFR 32 oz Bottle
Offered by Innova Supply Inc.
Price: $22.35
15 used & new from $22.35

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is awesome!, July 30, 2014
This review is from: Permethrin SFR 32 oz Bottle
I've always looked at labels when I buy insecticides and I have found that permethrin is by far the best for certain insects like mosquitoes.

It's natural but highly toxic to insects, cats, and fish as I recall. So don't use this next to a waterway. don't spray Mr. Jinx and follow all other directions. The very nice thing about permethrin is that it lingers for weeks so if you spray for mosquitoes, it'll kill the ones that are around and keep killing the ones that come and land on treated surfaces.

Follow the directions closely, this stuff is fantastic.

1911 Aluminum Barrel Bushing Removal Wrench
1911 Aluminum Barrel Bushing Removal Wrench
Offered by Squirrel Daddy
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best bushing wrench I know own., July 30, 2014
Very sturdy. I like this little metal tool, I think it'll last forever. The aluminium is not as tough as the steel so I don't worry too much about scratching but, I do find that I use a polymer one for my pride and joy 1911 but for my combat field guns this thing is pretty nifty.

In reality, you should be able to strip your 1911 with just your fingers but this little contraption does seem to save my fingertips some pain so I use it.

The New American Bible Revised Edition, Large Print Edition
The New American Bible Revised Edition, Large Print Edition
by Confraternity of Christian Doctrine
Edition: Leather Bound
Price: $43.81
35 used & new from $25.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice updated bible, July 30, 2014
This is a large print bible. I'm used to bibles that have references in the margins but this one does not. That said the words are printed a bit bigger. NABRE is the new revised NAB but I don't think the church readings have caught up yet. I think the psalms and old testament on this are new. The old testament had already been reviewed. I think it's approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops so it's a good bible.

I think people argue over revisions of these works a lot. Overall, it's nice to have a fully revised catholic bible on hand.

AllerMates EpiPen & Allergy Medicine Carrying Case [Squares Pattern]
AllerMates EpiPen & Allergy Medicine Carrying Case [Squares Pattern]
Offered by Etailz
Price: $15.63
5 used & new from $15.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Right., July 30, 2014
Perfect for 2 kids epi pens. This comes with everything you need for your kid to carry around her 2 epi pens. It's padded, has a space for a card to tell the emergency responder what medical condition the child has. It's not water proof or stiff. It's more of a carry container.

Remington Products CI97M1A Ultimate Stylist Teardrop Wand
Remington Products CI97M1A Ultimate Stylist Teardrop Wand
Offered by Portlight
Price: $37.35
2 used & new from $37.35

5.0 out of 5 stars It gets hot., July 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a ceramic wand and my girls tell me it gets very hot which apparently is needed if you want to do some of the more complex hair styles out there. The quality seems to be very good. I made the mistake of touching it one day and I can tell you it gets hot.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20