Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Profile for RenaissanceMan > Reviews

Browse

RenaissanceMan's Profile

Customer Reviews: 780
Top Reviewer Ranking: 423

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RenaissanceMan RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Zinus Compack 9-Leg Support Bed Frame, Queen
Zinus Compack 9-Leg Support Bed Frame, Queen
Price: $51.68
14 used & new from $48.06

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 minutes to assemble, super sturdy, very well constructed., May 2, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It literally took me longer to get this frame out of the cardboard box than it did to have me assemble it. It comes in three pieces and two small attachments for the headboard (not included). It was just a matter of folding legs down, opening up the legs. And then Bolt on the three components together with included bolts.

I'm using this as a foundation for a spare bed and I love how the bed frame folds into a very compact form. I also love how the bed frame. Is so sturdy. One of my friends like firm beds and the extra supports on the centerline make this thing extra sturdy.

Look no further, just get this and be done.

The Sea, The Sea; A Severed Head (Everyman's Library (Cloth))
The Sea, The Sea; A Severed Head (Everyman's Library (Cloth))
by Iris Murdoch
Price: $22.74
56 used & new from $15.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Playful at first but dripping with progressive philosophy - in a wonderful edition. Warning: do not approach this work lightly., April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Everyman's Library volume contains two of Iris Murdoch's most well known works, The Sea, The Sea and A Severed Head. Both novels focus on interpersonal relationships that revolve around emotions -- sexual relations and moral choice. Ms. Murdoch was Irish and she was raised as a progressive -- he works channel her upbringing. She studied philosophy at Oxford, so the lady was very intelligent. Personally she was liberal -- she remained married for 40 years but is reported to have had multiple affairs.

Her life experiences, no doubt, were reflected somewhat in her novels which tend to feature lovers having affairs and questions of morality and choice. The Sea, The Sea and A Severed Head are no exceptions. In some respects, the novels are playful but in many other respects, they are very deep, philosophically. Do not approach this lady's work casually..

You can likely find some wonderful in-depth review of her work and a superficial review here would likely not be useful to the buyer. If you're buying this volume, it's likely because you know the author's work very well and you know Everyman's Library. This edition is beautiful. The binding is tight and the cloth hardcover is very durable. The dustjacket is modern and has a portrait of Ms. Murdoch.

Definitely, if you are a student or subscriber to the progressive era, consider adding this excellent volume to your collection. People who know will recognize the work immediately, and they'll understand the profound influence that Ms. Murdoch had on the progressive movement.

Pinemeadow Golf PGX SL Putter (Men's Right Hand)
Pinemeadow Golf PGX SL Putter (Men's Right Hand)
Price: $38.27
2 used & new from $38.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Putter -- medium-heavy weight, great feel, April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As putters go, there are some that give you feedback and others that don't. This one falls into the former category. Everything about this putter is made to give you solid feel:
-- It's muted white color contrasts well with the green so you can see it well.
--The two ball design helps you get a feel for how hard to strike the ball, particularly when you are close to the hole.
--The two ball design allows for the weight to be shifted to the sides, giving you a great weight balance for any offcenter hits.
--The long line across the two balls is nicely visible and helps you get a good line on where you want to hit.
--The club aligns with where the balls will sit so you get good eye view.
-- The inset on the clubface prevents bounce and gives you a nice soft feel.
-- The grip feels nice and sturdy providing good feedback.

In my personal experience, the putter is not as light as a blade, I use an Odyssey in my regular bag, but this club is not as heavy as some of the heavier putters out there. The ball went where I wanted it to go with this putter so it did its job....the putter did it's job better than me. That's a testament to the great golf equipment being produced by these companies. If I missed a shot, the greens were fast that day, I could tell that it was me, not the putter.

From a quality standpoint, this putter is going to be around for the next twenty years. It might need a new grip in a dozen years if you play regularly but other than that, this product is solid.

Ringside Gel Shock Boxing Super Bag Gloves (Large)
Ringside Gel Shock Boxing Super Bag Gloves (Large)
Price: $43.06
8 used & new from $31.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, April 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
FIT -- I'm a mid sized guy who generally wears medium-large and these fit just great. There is enough room in there for a larger hand than mine though so I think true large hands will be fine. They fit snug which I like.

PUNCH FEEL -- My hands are very well padded and in the correct position for punching. I went at the bag for a bit and they are very solid gloves. with really good padding.

GRIP -- Some people complain about this but I don't -- these gloves have the feel of having those elastic bands in the grip when you put them on. I find them very comfortable but some people complain about this. I think it's a tradeoff between having a glove that you can just slip on and spending half an hour prepping before getting in the ring.

CONSTRUCTION -- Single 2" layer of IMF (injection molded foam). It's supposed to last longer than layered foam and I agree. The hands have a nice wide opening to put your hand in and the single large Velcro makes them real easy to don and doff.

LOOK -- Black is cool with the red trim and the white thumb -- looks sharp. Go black on these, you won't regret it.

OVERALL -- Great modern glove with some great features and a great price. I'd definitely get a pair of these.

BLACK+DECKER ICR2020 Vitessa Advanced Steam Iron with Nonstick Cord Reel
BLACK+DECKER ICR2020 Vitessa Advanced Steam Iron with Nonstick Cord Reel
Price: $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Iron but the nonstick was scratched, April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very nice iron. I love the retractable wheel and the clean function. It has a good sized spout to pour water into it.

The one issue and reason that I took off a star is because there were a couple of small scratches on the nonstick surface. It shouldn't affect the usability of the iron but I expected that surface to be pristine for a brand new iron.

Overall though, the right size and the right quality. Love this iron.

Leviton DDS15-BDZ 15 Amp Dual Voltage 120/277VAC Decora Digital Switch and Timer with Bluetooth Technology
Price: $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the future, April 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These Bluetooth switches are awesome. If you have a light that you need to control from your iPhone / Ipad then this is a the perfect product for you. Installation is super easy and the app is very easy to pair and stays paired with the switch. I haven't had any problems. To boot, this product is multipole so you can use it with hall lights that have two switches. I have this installed on a screened porch and in a living room where I watch TV. That way, I can adjust my lighting without having to get up -- yes that's laziness for you.

On a more safety minded side, you can use these to turn on your outside lights when you get home without getting out of your car, so you have a lighted path. So many uses for these things.

Awesome product

Energizer Vision HD 6AA Performance Metal Light, (Batteries Included)
Energizer Vision HD 6AA Performance Metal Light, (Batteries Included)
Price: $26.99
2 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a flashlight for the 2015s, April 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will admit that I have been using flashlights that utilize LEDs and lithium ion rechargeable batteries for quite some time with numerous pros and cons. the biggest con is that the batteries are not easy to find commercially -- easy to find here on Amazon.

What I had been wanting was a quality LED flashlight that took regular batteries. Sometimes you just need a good flashlight that will run on regular batteries and this is the solution. It's machined aluminum which is very nice. It puts out 900 lumen which is on part with the lithium ion rechargeable flashlights out there. It uses 6 regular double A batteries that you just drop in, no adapters necessary.

This also features a bright, low, and off switch which is nice. I have issues with some of the flashlights from overseas that have slow strobe, fast strobe, as well as three light intensities. It's overkill. This flashlight removes those useless strobe settings (well, useless to me).

Overall, great flashlight. I'll let you all know if it eats batteries or if its' efficient. That'll be the other big test.

Zinus Extra Firm 10 Inch Big & Tall Support Plus Spring Mattress, Queen
Zinus Extra Firm 10 Inch Big & Tall Support Plus Spring Mattress, Queen
Offered by Sleep Revolution
Price: $600.00
2 used & new from $259.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra Firm! Welcome to the online world of mattress buying!, April 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a mother with a bad back and this mattress immediately helped her sleep better at night. It is definitely extra firm but it's not hard. The top liner for the mattress is soft and plush but the support is really present from the tight individually wrapped coils.

A FEW THINGS ABOUT THE MATTRESS
- PRICE - One the price is very cost effective. That is very good. You can spend hundreds more and you're not going to get much more. You're really paying for the salesperson at the store. If this mattress were sold at a store, you could expect to pay one to two hundred dollars more...consider that.
- QUALITY & CONSTRUCTION - It's a nice high quality mattress. In the olden days mattresses were designed so that they should be flipped. The vast majority of modern day mattresses are not designed with the intent that the user flip them from time to time. This mattress has a top and a bottom. You will need a bed box spring or a box for this mattress. A box, vs a boxspring, would provide the most support but the entire mattress has to be supported (like all mattresses)
- SHIPPING - Buying a mattress online means that you have to get used to a little secret about shipping mattresses that most buyers have not known about and it might take you for a loop. The mattress arrives tightly rolled up, yes rolled up like a paper towel - top to bottom. This might seem odd to you but understand that the very vast majority of mattresses are shipped this way. They have a giant machine at the factory that rolls them up before shipping - to compress and conserve bulk. Even if you buy a mattress at a fancy store, that mattress was very likely shipped rolled up. It's just that they unroll it and let it come to its natural shape before they bring it to your home. If you're an engineer and understand spring mechanics, you know that this does not hurt the mattress in any way. Springs exhibit fatigue when they do work (when they compress AND expand) , not when they are stored in a compressed or extended position. I used a dolly to carry the mattress to where it was going to be and used a pair of scissors to snip three plastic bands. They whole mattress has a brown fabric cover on it to protect it and then the mattress itself has a plastic cover (don't let children play with the bag). As soon as I snipped the plastic, the mattress started to get into shape. I tore at the plastic cover with my hands and within 10 minutes my mother was laying in it and liking what she was feeling. Within an hour it looked like it had been in that shape forever.
- FIRMNESS -- if you need a firm mattress, this is for you. There is most definitely a difference between a soft and a firm and this one is going to provide you lots of support. The support comes from more springs that they've added to the mattress. The cover is soft thought so you are resting on a mattress.

Overall, you can't go wrong. If you need the top of the mattress cover to be a bit softer but still need the extra firm support, consider getting the 13" version which has about 2-3" of extra foam but the springs (which is really what makes the mattress firm) will still be there to provide you the support you desire.

Good luck, and welcome to the new world of mattress shopping!

Farberware Paring Knife with EdgeKeeper Self-Sharpening Sheath, 3-1/2-Inch
Farberware Paring Knife with EdgeKeeper Self-Sharpening Sheath, 3-1/2-Inch
Price: $6.30
3 used & new from $6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Very. Handy, April 12, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great handy little paring knife that solves a problem I have. I don't have slots in my block and I don't like sharp knives in my drawer. This little knife has a self sharpening sheath so I can just store it safely in a drawer and it self sharpens...well self hones. It's very sharp out of the box and is just the right size. I also find myself taking it on picnics and camping. Just a great all a round little paring knife. Not super expensive and stands well to the dishwasher....yes I know, knives shouldn't go in the dishwasher.

Nature's Guru Organic Tea, Earl Gray, 25 Count (Pack of 12)
Nature's Guru Organic Tea, Earl Gray, 25 Count (Pack of 12)
Offered by Mom's Healthy Market
Price: $13.25
3 used & new from $13.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cup of Earl Grey that I've had in a long time., April 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This truly is premium tea in a bag. I just had my first cup so I thought I'd review. First of all, it comes packaged in a very nice cardboard box that is sealed in plastic. Then, the 25 tea bags are all sealed in a large foil bag. This really does keep the tea fresh. When I cut the large bag open, the distinctive aroma of Earl Grey and Italian Orange jumped out at me.

Unlike cheaper bags that compress the tea, these mesh tea bags are an open prism-like design that allows the water flow over the tea. You can also see the tea leaves clearly and you can tell that its premium tea that has been handled carefully. This careful handling means that you will not wind up with much sediment at the bottom of your teacup -- which in my experience aids in preventing bitterness.

The taste was wonderful. I take my tea plain without any sugar or honey and it was actually naturally sweet a bit which is very nice. I sometimes add a drop of honey but overall, this was just a very pleasant experience.

The best cup of tea I've had in a long time.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20