Profile for K. D. Lougheed > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. D. Lougheed RSS Feed (Nyssa, OR USA)

3M 9211 Cool-Flow N95 Particulate Sanding Respirator, 10-Pack
3M 9211 Cool-Flow N95 Particulate Sanding Respirator, 10-Pack
Price: $18.23
49 used & new from $9.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Stretchy Band Flimsy, May 24, 2014
I have purchased these masks before. I like them because they fit my face and don't fog up my eye-glasses. I even keep them clean between uses when I see that they aren't too dirty. Since I'm paying more for a better grade of mask I would think 3M could provide a higher quality rubber band.
C'mon 3M! People regularly pay more for your products because they're worth it. I had two bands break during the same task. It seems the bands are getting LESS durable than they used to be. Give us the dependability we have come to expect from 3M!

The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook: More than 175 Ultra-Tasty Recipes for Total Health and Weight Loss
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Had To Have the Hard Bound Book, March 26, 2013
First I bought the Kindle edition...Well, trying to prepare meals or just browse the text was no-so-friendly. Really glad to have this hard copy now. The recipes are super tasty! I have lost 20lbs. and my wife and I take turns/together fixing meals. This is our "go to" source for eating and we have lots of kitchen time together. We're now on the same page and loving it!

Chicago Electric Power Tools Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool
Chicago Electric Power Tools Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool
Offered by Sky Forest
Price: $29.95
13 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicago Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool, March 3, 2013
I needed to cut the caulking joint under the bathroom vanity backsplash. This allowed me to remove the countertop from the vanity and slide a different (replacement) top under the tile backsplash. Worked great!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2013 6:54 AM PDT

Cuisinart SPB-7 CUTTING ASSEMBLY Small Appliances
Cuisinart SPB-7 CUTTING ASSEMBLY Small Appliances
Offered by Aza Mart
Price: $14.25
8 used & new from $13.22

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S NOT THE BLADES FAULT! I RUINED IT..., April 28, 2012
I think I figured out why these blades freeze up so soon! This was the third replacement blade for me. Here's my findings: Wash by hand (careful IT'S SHARP) and set it to dry with the blades up rather than pointing down. The rubber O-ring does a good job of keeping the blender contents out of the drive-shaft housing, but it also keeps wash water/detergent trapped when it enters the from the other end; so stand it on the gear head to dry w/ blades up&up. Also you can take it apart to dry the shaft and lube it with non-toxic food grade lube made for appliances. Remember though, that the screw threads that hold the gear-head onto the shaft are left-hand threads... so to loosen it get a rag, use it to grab and hold onto the sharp blades... big pliers will unscrew the gear-head off IF you turn it CLOCKWISE... which is the opposite rotation from what you're familiar with for loosening just about everything else. If you turn it like you're unscrewing a jar lid... that's the WRONG direction.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2013 11:11 AM PDT

Woods 59007 Decora Style 30-15-10-5 Minute Preset Wall Switch Timer, White, 30-Minute
Price: $13.46
22 used & new from $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars IDENTIFY YOUR WIRING BEFORE ORDERING, March 2, 2012
I choose 3 stars because that rating only had 1 review. That puts this info in front of readers/buyers sooner rather than later. I could not use the new timer switch. DIYers need to know what wires are coming into their exising switchbox BEFORE they order. Several other reviewers mentioned needing a neutral wire...fine. People had best take a look at the wires that are hooked to their old switch before they order. You must know if you have 3 wires coming in (Switch Loop) OR 3 wires in AND 3 wires going out (Middle of the Run). The latter will have the neutral wires you need for this new timer switch to operate. You electricians out there may have a better way to explain it. Maybe you'd rather they just call you in the first place... and many folks would probably like to be able to afford your services too.
Best to all,

Fernco Inc. FTS-3 3-Inch Wax Free Toilet Seal
Fernco Inc. FTS-3 3-Inch Wax Free Toilet Seal
Price: $5.87
46 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Waxless Toilet Seal, November 15, 2008
I figured out that Fernco was shorter than the FluidMaster brand waxless seal. That shortness was what I needed since the distance from the top of the floor flange to the first 90 degree elbow was short.

Took extra time to follow the directions on removing ALL the old gunky wax from the previous wax ring. I used a putty knife and then sprayed window cleaner with ammonia in it. Got it CLEAN. Used a cloth rag after paper towels shredded on the rough ceramic surface around the toilet horn. Dried well and warmed the area with a hair dryer. I wanted the adhesive ring to really stick to the horn area. Probably wasn't needed but that's me.

I can tell you that this adhesive is super strong because no sooner had I pushed it down home when I remembered that I hadn't put the floor screws through the floor flange a year ago. DUH! That was the whole reason that I pulled the toilet again this time! So I had to pull the toilet up right away. Brother! Get this, when the two barbed sealing ridges on the Fernco tailpiece caught on a space inside the plastic drainpipe, I thought I'd be yanking the whole thing off the bottom of the toilet. I really had to put my back into it to get the toilet loose! When I did, there was the Fernco still glued TIGHT. Unbelievable! I'll never use another wax ring.

Four Stars because it held my toilet higher than the wax did. Had to shim the base with coins and caulk the gap. No big deal...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2014 12:02 PM PDT