Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now May4th
Profile for David Zampino > Reviews

Browse

David Zampino's Profile

Customer Reviews: 709

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Zampino "21st Century Hobbit" RSS Feed (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Invicta Men's 21657 Specialty Analog Display Swiss Quartz Silver-Tone Watch
Invicta Men's 21657 Specialty Analog Display Swiss Quartz Silver-Tone Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars I own another Invicta timepiece . . ., January 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
. . . which I like very much. I have mixed feelings about this one.

On the positive side, it is certainly a handsome sports watch. It is stylish; it keeps excellent time, is easy to read, and seems quite durable.

On the other hand, the band was problematic. It was not adjustable and way too large (and I'm a pretty big guy!) I will need to go to a jeweler to have several links removed -- either that, or wear it on the outside of my overcoat!

If you're going to invest money in a quality timepiece, it would be nice to have it fit.

The Little Prince Coloring Book: Beautiful images for you to color and enjoy...
The Little Prince Coloring Book: Beautiful images for you to color and enjoy...
by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Price: $11.69
60 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful . . ., January 20, 2016
. . . coloring book for teens and adults to enjoy!

"The Little Prince" is a delightful tale in its own right -- and now the reader has the opportunity to use his/her imagination. This book was a birthday gift for my teen daughter (along with a nice set of good colored pencils) and she loved it.

I suspect that you will too!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars I have used similar products in the past . . ., January 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
. . . with a certain amount of efficacy, and so far, I like these capsules very much. They tend to dissolve more quickly than the tablets that I have used in the past, and this is a product I would likely purchase.

This being said, these compounds do NOT seem to work for everyone. And, at least for me, they tend to work gradually over time rather than providing immediate relief.

My arthritic knees like them -- I hope that yours do too!

At-A-Glance Monthly Planner 2016, Collection, Wire Bound, 8.38 x 11 Inches Page Size, Beige (YP1070716)
Price: $19.51
23 used & new from $11.66

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a very nice . . ., December 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
. . . even better than average Monthly Planner. The 13 month feature is a benefit (I would prefer 16 months, for those of us in education -- but I quibble). The quality of the cover and the binding is much higher than the average binder one would find in most stores, unless one chooses to pay a LOT of money.

I really liked this product; my wife really liked this product -- and this is something I can see myself purchasing year after year.

Recommended!

Le Petit Prince: French Edition
Le Petit Prince: French Edition
by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Price: $12.16
86 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW . . ., December 23, 2015
. . . what a classic!

I was first introduced to this story in middle-school. I'll freely admit that I was not the best French student -- and even though I passed my graduate reading exam in French for an MA, my French is still not that strong.

Fine. Read the book in English, if your French isn't that good! (Preferably the FIRST English edition, not the "updated" version!)

This is a beautiful and poignant story which will resonate with all but the hardest of hearts. I wish to visit Asteroid B-612!

Honor Flight
Honor Flight
DVD ~ Bert Brach
Price: $9.98
24 used & new from $4.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! . . ., December 23, 2015
This review is from: Honor Flight (DVD)
. . . this film had me in tears!

I live in the Milwaukee, WI area, so I was familiar with the entire "Honor Flight" project. My wife and I and one of my daughters participated in a "homecoming" celebration at the local airport -- and even the film did not do that experience justice.

This is the greatest honor to Our Greatest Generation that I can think of. We screened this film at my church -- and one of the viewers was a participant in the actual Honor Flight displayed in the movie!

I have already given three copies of this movie as gifts.

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Noel
Noel
Price: $7.09
399 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not particularly to my own tastes . . ., December 23, 2015
This review is from: Noel (Audio CD)
. . . but my wife loved it!

Being an amateur musician myself, and being married to a professional musician, I can appreciate talent, even when I don't care for the style.

Christmas
Christmas
Offered by SourceMedia
Price: $5.52
289 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my taste . . ., December 23, 2015
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
. . . but my wife loved it!

As I said . . . not my taste, but as a trained musician, married to a professional musician, I recognize a quality voice when I hear it!

Planet Narnia: The Seven Heavens in the Imagination of C. S. Lewis
Planet Narnia: The Seven Heavens in the Imagination of C. S. Lewis
by Michael Ward
Price: $35.84
60 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If Michael Ward is wrong in his analysis . . ., November 5, 2015
. . . he is brilliantly wrong -- and worth reading anyway!

I've been reading Lewis for 40+ years. I've read "The Chronicles of Narnia" more times than I can count (running into many dozens). I've read the "Space" Trilogy many times. I teach Lewis on the University level.

And this is the single best piece of literary -- and spiritual -- analysis of Lewis's writings that I have ever seen. Ward successfully identifies the seven mythical "planets" of old and their influence on "The Chronicles"; the "Space Trilogy" and other works in a manner that is nothing short of brilliant.

This book is not a particularly "easy read" for the casual reader. But if you are really "into" Lewis and can tackle some pretty deep analysis -- give this book a try.

EXTREMELY Highly Recommended!

Dickies D74031 Insulated Split Cowhide Double Palm Glove
Dickies D74031 Insulated Split Cowhide Double Palm Glove
Price: $14.19
2 used & new from $14.19

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not one for wearing gloves . . ., November 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
. . . unless I have to -- but I live in Wisconsin, and it gets COLD during the winter!

I love these gloves! They are comfortable and warm and are reinforced in all the right places for anything from shoveling snow to hauling wood. I have a feeling that I'll probably be purchasing another couple of pairs for my kids . . .

Highly recommended!