Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Kids Halloween
Profile for B. Harris > Reviews

B. Harris' Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Harris RSS Feed

Asus VH232H 23-Inch Full-HD LCD Monitor with Integrated Speakers
Asus VH232H 23-Inch Full-HD LCD Monitor with Integrated Speakers
4 used & new from $86.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, August 22, 2010
I bought this monitor after reading other reviews on different websites, purchased it from Amazon because I had a gift card and because Amazon doesn't have a strict policy for dead pixels. This monitor is perfect, I upgraded from a 19" monitor and this was definitely worth the upgrade.

I got this monitor on the 26th of July, this monitor came with no defective pixels and had nothing wrong with it, and if I were to buy another monitor this would be it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2013 5:52 PM PST

Assassin's Creed II - Greatest Hits edition - Playstation 3
Assassin's Creed II - Greatest Hits edition - Playstation 3
Offered by MOST WANTED
Price: $15.59
271 used & new from $1.76

2.0 out of 5 stars Assassins Creed 2, March 4, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game because I was extremely bored, and needed something to do.

First I'll list the things that weren't so great about the game. The first thing that comes to mind was the freeze I encountered while trying to reach the top of a View Point. It was at a point in the game where I didn't have the 'extended jump' unlocked for my character. I didn't read anything about the game and had no idea there was such a feature in the game that allowed you to jump higher while scaling buildings. After about 10 minutes of fiddling around with this building and trying to climb to the top I saw a small structure with a pointed top which could possibly get me high enough to jump and reach the higher part of the View Point tower, so when I decided to jump onto it the game froze suddenly when I fell off the tip of this structure. I had to get up, reset my Playstation by hand because I couldn't access the dashboard.

There are a few other small things in the game, that may effect enjoyment and gameplay for certain people. One was when you killed a guard with the hidden blade on a roof top that was patrolling near the edge of the roof would cause your character to slide down with the body off of the building unless you quickly react and move off of the body in time, sometimes it will leave you hanging on the side of a building or possibly fall to your death.

There was also a problem I had with jumping to a platform that is behind you (you'll only really ever have to do this in Assassin Tomb's) there's only one direction you can hold your analog stick in to get Ezio to jump backwards. This direction would be either Left or Right, depending on the camera angle and a position of a wall/stopping point. Holding the stick up or down would only make Ezio attempt to climb up or down, obviously. So when you're holding it in the desired direction you'd assume the game would have some type of trail for your character to follow in a way, but that's not always the case. When you do something like this you can either end up jumping the complete opposite direction, towards your screen, or just completely miss the jump because of the fixed camera angles in certain areas. This can be extremely annoying in the Assassin Tomb's when you're trying to finish something within a time limit. Sometimes you'll also be near a eagle jump and you'll initiate the eagle jump to a haystack or even water.

There's also something with the height difference in the game, almost like everything on the Z axis (not sure if Z is the correct axis) has no depth. You can be atop a building and push circle randomly and tackle a thief about 200 feet below you with a weird camera angle. Another small issue I had was a tree, a single tree in the last town you unlock, when you're climbing through a mission you get stuck by this tree because the root of the tree is through the bottom of the wall, even though you're above the root and there is nothing blocking your way you can't get past it unless you go another way. The area was pretty open but you may run into something similar while playing, this goes hand in hand with the height difference problem I experienced.

The Game:

With Assassin's Creed 2 you have a lot more you can do, although it may get repetitive after a while it is still something you can do and possibly enjoy. I did all of the side missions in this game (every race, every beat-em-up, delivery, feathers, etc) and I have to say that they were pretty boring but gave you something to do while you progressed through the story. The most enjoyable thing about the game in my opinion was that you get your own city and you can upgrade it. I loved that you can upgrade your own town and get items for a cheaper price depending on what you've upgraded. Although the city is awesome and all, it's VERY easy to max everything out and that may be alright for some people but I wish I could of done something with all the money I was earning. The money in this game mostly comes from your city, and when you upgrade it you earn more cash. You earn money every 20 minutes, and is collected a cheat behind your sister. It has a limit making it unable to continue earning cash after a certain amount so you'll need to go back and collect that money when it's full or at a convenient time.

As I said earlier, making money in this game is so easy it makes it almost completely worthless. After you've upgraded your city entirely (which I did very early in the game) the only way to increase your chest that fills with money is to get a higher completion which includes getting feathers, finishing missions, etc. The game itself is also extremely easy, I never, not even once died from a fight with guards. The only times I died were because I fell off of a building/ledge related to a game bug. The reason I didn't die during any guard fights was because you can now carry around medicine, I believe you start out with a small pouch that can hold around 5 or so and can be upgraded to 15 if I remember correctly. Using these will restore quite a large amount of health and pretty much make you unstoppable the entire game, they are also dirt cheap. When you get further in the game you unlock new weapons, items that can be bought from a merchant.

As you get more weapons your city's value also expands earning you more cash, a bigger chest to hold cash, and more animations to kill people with. This is also the case with paintings and any other collectibles you can store in your city, they increase your cash flow and the chests maximum cash.

You can find more information all over, no point in telling you anything you can easily find by reading one of your favorite review sites.

I ended up trading this game in for $29.50 because there's nothing to do after you beat it, and it wasn't really worth a replay to me. I unlocked everything and completed the game to 100%, I did get all of the feathers it was a tough job and it gives you the most useless item in the game. I purchased this for $39.99, I'd say this game was worth the $10.49.

The game has some bugs/issues that I encountered and really made me dislike the game at some points. Only died to bugs, this game is for a casual gamer. If you're looking for a moderately or even slightly challenging game I'd recommend getting something else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2010 4:14 PM PST

High Speed HDMI Cable for Sony PS3 Plasma LCD HDTV High Definition Video - GOLD-PLATED - 10 feet
Offered by Cmple
Price: $4.89
11 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, February 5, 2010
This cable cost me a total of $5.19 after s&h and it was well worth it. I received it within 4 or 5 days, delivery was fast for paying directly from my bank account and the quality of the cable is amazing. Running it with my PS3 in 1080p, 720p (tested 1080i and 720i but I don't use them regularly) all look and sound perfect. I recommend getting this if you're considering buying a HDMI cable.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2012 9:33 AM PDT