Profile for Christian T. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christian T. "chrishent" RSS Feed

Progold Cable Luber Pen
Progold Cable Luber Pen
Price: $8.68
24 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This tool will save you $$$$!, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Progold Cable Luber Pen (Sports)
I'll admit it: I used to use bike chain lubricant very liberally. As such, not only was I over-lubricating my chain, which attracts more grime to it, but I was also wasting a lot lubricant and tended to end up with little oil puddles on my floor.

Not anymore. This little pen will help you use to correct amount of lubricant not only on your chain, but also on other hard-to-reach spots that require lube, such as pivots on a rear derailleur and the cable guides below the bottom bracket. In short, your little bottle of lubricant will last longer and you will save some $$$!

Park Tool Sprocket Remover / Chain Whip
Park Tool Sprocket Remover / Chain Whip
Offered by CYCLERY.INC
Price: $19.95
41 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, January 17, 2013
I bought this chain whip for changing out sprockets on my fixed gear bike. It's well built and has a long handle for getting the appropriate torque to remove even the most stubborn sprockets. I haven't tried the hex opening at the other end for freewheel removal, but I suspect it'll work just as well.

In short, this is a tool that gets the job done.

Pearl Izumi Elite Thermal Toe Cover, Black, Large/X-Large
Pearl Izumi Elite Thermal Toe Cover, Black, Large/X-Large
Price: $15.43
22 used & new from $11.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Pearl Izumi Toe Covers, September 26, 2011
Bought these in anticipation of the coming cold weather months and based on my previous experience of riding my bike without them. I don't expect to use them for temps below 45 but between 45-58 they've worked out fine so far. I've even rode in some rain and they managed to keep my feet dry, though it was towards the end of a ride for about 20-30 mins. I suspect that in an outright downpour lasting an hour they will eventually relent to the elements

On the size side of things, I ordered the L/XL for size 46 Specialized road shoes. The fit is pretty tight and it takes some effort to pull the covers over some Look delta cleats. Because of this reason I suspect the toe covers will last 1-2 seasons, depending on how often I put them on/off

Overall, this is a solid product from Pearl Izumi. Perfect for early fall/spring type weather but definitely not for riding in hard rain

Vitalogy (Vinyl Edition Remastered)
Vitalogy (Vinyl Edition Remastered)
Price: $22.96
5 used & new from $22.96

5.0 out of 5 stars SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE!, May 13, 2011
I recently decided to go the vinyl route for new music purchases and one of the first LPs that I bought were the Pearl Jam reissues on vinyl, basically because the PJ guys are vinyl freaks (in a good way) so I knew that this release would not disappoint.

I had purchased Vitalogy years ago on CD, but the vinyl version sounds SOOOOO much better! Of course, this can be interpreted as a case of what I like to call "Vinyl Ears", the music-listening equivalent of "Beer Goggles" in which one thinks that everything sounds better on vinyl just because...

Anyway, if you already own Vitalogy on CD or MP3 and are considering upgrading to vinyl, DO IT! You will not regret it. The music is (mostly) amazing and the packaging is absolutely beautiful. The only con I can think of is that this is a double LP, when it should have been just one record. All they needed to do was cut "Aye Davanita" and " Stupid Mop" and the record would have clocked in at 45 mins.

Viva La Vinyl!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2011 9:53 AM PDT

Teeter Hang Ups EZ Up Inversion and Chin Up System with Rack, Gravity Boots and Healthy Back DVD
Price: $159.00
8 used & new from $159.00

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as advertised!, May 13, 2011
I've used this system for a little over a month now and all I can say is that it is as good as advertised! I work out a lot during the week, specifically running, road cycling and weight training, and this system helps me stretch and relax my entire body after a long workout. It also works great if you want to do an upside-down abs workout, though I haven't been doing that as often as I would like to.

The system is relatively simple to set up. Just follow the instructions and you should be alright. My only quibble about the installation is that some of the bolts provided seem to be a little short, which doesn't give you a feeling of safety. Anyway, that can easily be taken care of by buying longer bolts at a hardware store, so no biggie.

As for ease of use, I agree with with some of the other reviews that at first it will be difficult to swing yourself into position and that you will fumble this maneuver a few times, but after a couple of uses, you will have this down pat. Also, be sure to start off by hanging yourself for only a minute or two at first and then increase that over time as your body gets used to being inverted (and your ankles get used to some slight pain). Finally, in order to get the full benefit of the system, your body needs to be COMPLETELY relaxed, which in the beginning can be difficult to do as you are not fully used to being upside-down

In summary, I would recommend this product to anybody that is interested in stretching and relaxing after a long workout, as well as anybody that wants to relieve back pain. Believe me, you will not be disappointed!