Profile for Mister Murse > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mister Murse RSS Feed

DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet
DRY PAK DP-44 Alligator Waterproof Wallet
Price: $7.99
46 used & new from $2.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, June 14, 2013
I had very little expectations for this cheap thing but it worked exactly as it should. We recently took a trip to the US Virgin Islands and were in the water everyday and this things held my cash, ID, and credit cards and kept everything perfectly dry everytime. I'm glad I bought two because I'm so happy with how it worked but the first one held up so well that the 2nd one is going into storage until I should ever need it.

Dicapac WP-ONE Point & Shoot Digital Camera Waterproof Case
Dicapac WP-ONE Point & Shoot Digital Camera Waterproof Case
Offered by Quality Photo
Price: $14.25
25 used & new from $12.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed!, June 14, 2013
We recently used this for our trip to the US Virgin Islands. It worked exactly as intended, which allowed us to take some pretty cool underwater photos while snorkeling. And there were plenty of fish around us to take pictures of, especially since we had bits of cat treats to feed them =) But back to the Dicapac; we used it with a Sony HX-5V withOUT the extension lens. We found although we couldn't zoom in because the lens length was too long for the Dicapac space on this model Dicapac, it worked well enough to take underwater pictures. We did test it with the lens extension but it almost always created a tunnel-vision look on the pictures, so we figured we'd sacrafice the zoom capability to not have that tunnel-vision look. Overall, worked exactly as intended and withstood 6 days of snorkeling in the Virgin Islands.

Vet's Best Hairball Relief Digestive Aid, 60 Chewable Tablets
Vet's Best Hairball Relief Digestive Aid, 60 Chewable Tablets
Price: $4.99
16 used & new from $3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Cat LOVES These Things!, January 22, 2013
Like the title says, our 7 year old Maine Coon absolutely LOVES these things! I shake up the bottle and he knows what's coming and he get so crazy excited! Even more than his real cat treats. We've been using them for a few weeks and things seem to be getting better hairball wise, but he still coughs up some hairballs every now and then. We'll be able to make a better judgement on its results with more time, but he sure does love 'em!

Cooler Master NotePal U2 - Laptop Cooling Pad with 2 Movable Fans (Frustration-Free Packaging)

4.0 out of 5 stars Used with 15" MacBook Pro, January 21, 2013
This laptop cooler is great and the removable fan feature truly let's you customize it the way you want it. It looks cool, feels sturdy, and it's been getting the job done for me for a few weeks now. As for sizing, depending on what you prefer, I like how the footprint of the cooler is smaller than the 15" MacBook Pro so I don't see any of the cooler sticking out on the sides. The laptop has probably a 1/4" overhang on both the left and right sides. As for 'issues' with the cooler, I will say though a few days after I got it one of the fans was making a pretty loud noise. I'm not sure why but it seems to have resolved itself because they purr smoothly now. Also, the angle at which the laptop sits is a tad steep for my liking, as the MacBook Pro tends to slip downwards so I do find myself sticking random things under the front portion to decrease the angle a bit. Other than those things, it does what it's supposed to do and I'm pretty happy with it.

Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" Laptop - 500 GB HARDRIVE - i7 QUAD-CORE - MC721LL/A
Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" Laptop - 500 GB HARDRIVE - i7 QUAD-CORE - MC721LL/A
44 used & new from $850.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Hard To Give A Complete Review Of A Notebook, July 2, 2011
There are many different factors to consider when writing a review of a notebook, but I'm just going to go with the topics hardware and software.

First, the exterior/hardware. This is the first thing that you see when unboxing so it only felt right to start here. Of course when you open it you're in the awe of actually owning an Apple machine. The aluminum unibody is extremely attractive, clean, and just stunning. Then more time sets in, and if you're like me, you begin to inspect it, wondering if it really is as perfect as you first thought it to be. Upon inspection of this machine (my 1st of two, BTW) I noticed there were some flaws. First, I noticed when the lid was closed, there was a gap on the right side (the drive side) compared to the left. Upon further inspection, eyeballing at an angle I find hard to describe, I can see an imperfection in the form of the aluminum, as if it was bent. Secondly, after some use, I also noticed two of the backlighting on the keys, keys 'B' and '7' were noticeably dimmer than their counterparts. Lastly, upon inspecting the powercord, it looks like there are some imperfections in the sheathing...I don't know from what or how, but just another thing to make my mind boggle. For a machine of this price and from a company like Apple where form and function are supposedly equal, I personally could not 'suck it up' and live with these things, but I'm sure there are those out there who would...to each is own. But other than those things, it definitely is a striking machine that leaves an impression.

Second, the software. Being this is my first time owning an Apple and working with OS X, I have to say I am pleased right from the get go. It truly is simple to use. I don't know how else to explain it, but I've been using Windows for years, and after a short time, a couple weeks on a Mac, I feel quite oriented with it. Setting up things seem much less painful on a Mac, as the system often recognizes things in advance, ie setting up an internet connection. For the experienced, not impressive by any means, but for those who have trouble fathoming wireless anything, it works like it's supposed to without needing to be "experienced." I'm sitting here trying to think of a more compelling example to share, but all I can really tell you is that things work in a straight forward way. Recalling my Windows experiences, there are often multiple sidesteps that would be taken to finally reach a certain destination, but here its a straight shot.

Personal experience: As stated above, due to the hardware issues/imperfections, I bought a second MacBook Pro and returned the first one. I truly love my second one, as all the hardware imperfections are no longer there...the lid is even all the way around, the backlights work on all the keys, the power cord doesn't have any weird marks. I'm happy. I will say though, I don't know if Amazon was trying to be slick or if it's common practice, but the box this 2nd one came in I noticed had been opened before and a new clear piece of tape was placed over it. I'm not entirely sure what that means? I will also say too that the first one ran much cooler, as this one seems a bit warmer...(uh oh, did I make things worse for myself?) Not hot enough where I feel like I'm getting burned, but noticeably warmer...but I have read things about 'thermal paste' on these MBPs being excessively used, so I'm not sure...have to look further into that. But all in all, this is what I initially expected, form and function are top notch, as they should be to match the cost.

MBP #1: 3 stars
MBP #2: 4/4.5 stars (Would be 5 stars if it operated at the same cooler temperature as the first one)
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 30, 2011 9:07 PM PDT

Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) 1333mhz PC3-10666 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM Laptop Memory Kit CMSO8GX3M2A1333C9
Price: $74.99
63 used & new from $66.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works With 2011 MacBook Pro 15", July 2, 2011
As the title says, I recently purchased a 2011 MacBook Pro 15" and wanted to upgrade the RAM and went with this set. Works perfectly, and my MBP is extremely quick. Does what it's supposed to do, as expected.

Joby GP2-D1EN GorillaPod Flexible Tripod for Digital SLR Cameras with Bubble Level

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, July 2, 2011
Something so simple, yet so extremely useful! We've all been in those situations where we just need something to hold up the camera at that perfect angle to get the picture we want...with us in it, of course, and this takes care of that. Seems sturdy, have used it around the house to test and put it to work outside at a picnic in the park...works great! I chose this size because of some reviews I read about the GP1 possibly being too weak and not being able to hold up some cameras...this one (GP2) is larger/thicker than initially expected; definitely not something I would carry in a pants pocket, but I'm happy that it works and works well. Something the misses could carry in a purse if she happens to have one, or easily throw in any bag/pack that you might have along with you.

WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
WD Elements 2 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive
Offered by eSave SuperStore
Price: $199.95
21 used & new from $69.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Storage, July 2, 2011
This does what it's supposed to do...store stuff. And it does it in a clean, simple, attractive black case. I've used mine as a sole Time Machine backup, partitioned in 2 for our two Macs, connected to an Apple Airport Extreme to do it all wirelessly. Works seamlessly, just as expected.

AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
AirPort Extreme 802.11n (5th Generation)
49 used & new from $65.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Painless, July 2, 2011
I switched to this router from my old modem/wireless router in one and am very pleased. Installation of this router was simple and painless, with the Mac doing all the work, literally. Plugged it in and OS X recognized it and setup went without a hitch. I've also paired this with an external hard drive, and now I can use Time Machine to wirelessly create backups, which is perfect for any MacBook/MacBook Pro/MacBook Air owners who don't want to continuously plug in a hard drive to allow backups; just set it up and Time Machine takes care of the rest! Very happy customer.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2012 1:30 AM PDT

Sony LCSHF DSC Carrying Case
Sony LCSHF DSC Carrying Case
Offered by Tobo Direct
Price: $4.95
16 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Protection, July 2, 2011
Great looking case that does what it's supposed to do. The Sony DSC-HX5V fits snuggly within. Perfect and much cheaper than buying it at a 'brick-and-mortar' store, which is always a plus!