ARRAY(0x97c13348)

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa Yost RSS Feed

The Sparkpeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight
The Sparkpeople Cookbook: Love Your Food, Lose the Weight
Price: $13.40

5.0 out of 5 stars spark cookbook an amazing, January 11, 2014
Great cookbook. Front to back. Realistic and easy to handle. Buy this book, you'll never regret it. It's a great book for anyone's collection.

Eat Like You Care: An Examination of the Morality of Eating Animals
Eat Like You Care: An Examination of the Morality of Eating Animals
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Weird and useless, September 3, 2013
I'm a vegan and read everything I can on the subject. This book should have been called " what Michael Vick did should impact what you eat". Seriously it seems like the authors are being passive aggressive by using going vegan as the subject when what they really wanted to do was publicly shame Michael Vick. Now I'm not saying what Vick did is justifiable, but if you wanted to write about your disgust with Vick than just write about Vick. I really didn't like the book. Besides, most if it was common sense. I'm an adult and am smart enough to realize what Vick did was wrong and what I eat is right. And if someone wants to eat meat .....they will. This book shed no knowledge on anything. It teaches nothing that you don't already know. And the use of the "but" word was downright annoying. This but that but....Ugh....don't read this. There are way better books out there on the topic.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 5:58 AM PST

Healthy Eating, Healthy World: Unleashing the Power of Plant-Based Nutrition
Healthy Eating, Healthy World: Unleashing the Power of Plant-Based Nutrition
Price: $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, August 19, 2013
I have read almost every vegan/plant based diet book on the market; and studied every website imaginable. I thought this book was great. It cuts right to the chase. Highlights just what a new plant based eater needs to know. I would recommend this book. It gives just enough of the information you need. If your new to plant based eating or need a little motivation....read this.

The Permanent Weight Loss Program -Tips for Losing Weight without Hunger, Counting Calories or Using Supplements, and Keeping It Off
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new, January 22, 2013
A quick read. It's always good to hear the basics again when you need some motivation. That's what this was for me. But most of this is common knowledge.

Happy Herbivore Abroad: A Travelogue and Over 135 Fat-Free and Low-Fat Vegan Recipes from Around the World
by Lindsay S. Nixon
Price: $14.35
76 used & new from $8.33

5.0 out of 5 stars third times a charm, November 25, 2012
I love the whole Happy Herbivore series. Lindsay has turned me into a vegan! Two years running, and I still use her books at least 4 times/week; for the simplicity she provides. I have many wonderful and useful vegan cookbooks; many can be quite complicated, and fancy with numerous ingredients- yes, they are fabulous and fancy and delectable. But if I may be honest, time-consuming is only acceptable when the opportunity presents itself. On a busy weeknight when I have nothing left over in the fridge; no salad prepared; or simply have no energy left to cook-I pull out a Happy Herbivore, and 30 minutes later I am eating a yummy and healthy meal.
Happy Herbivore Abroad is Lindsay's best yet! First off, it is pleasing enough to the eye to leave out on your coffee table. Second off, it is fun to read and navigate through the beautiful photos and learn about her travels...get to know what she is really all about. As for the recipes and getting down to what matters most....the recipes,so far, are winners! Hands down this book is a keeper, yet another HH book to keep right where I can reach it. I have made the Cuban Black Bean soup; the Tabbouleh; and the Insalata Fantasia-oh and the Cranberry Bread:-) I am being honest when I say they all get 2 thumbs up from me. I can't hardly wait to hit up every recipe is this Abroad book. Just get it! If you are a a vegetarian, a "Meatless Monday" person, a new vegan, a lifetime vegan.....this has it going on! It's great for the collection:) You won't regret it.
Lindsay is the Rachel Ray for vegans! Love her; she has evolved over the years, and this book proves it!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2013 8:58 AM PDT

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers  (Graphite)
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Graphite)
84 used & new from $39.00

1.0 out of 5 stars breaks, December 28, 2011
I am buying a NOOK. This thing is a piece of crap. I have had to replace my Kindle twice in less than a year. It is junk. I hate dealing with this thing. Going to Barnes and Noble to buy a NOOK so if it decides to stop working like the Kindle did, I can easily go to my local B & N and have it fixed instead of having to mail it back over and over....boo-hiss on the kindle. A big fat disappointment.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2011 8:13 AM PST

Hungry Girl 300 Under 300: 300 Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Dishes Under 300 Calories
by Lisa Lillien
Price: $13.19
167 used & new from $5.82

3.0 out of 5 stars not loving it, May 7, 2011
The Hungry Girl has the right idea, but sacrifices real food to get there. Too much Splenda....too much processed food, too much fake stuff. It stresses me out when I read theses great recipes, yet it doesn't sound healthy by the time I finish looking at all the processed food and chemical-laden substitutes involved...makes me sick just thinking of eating it.
Sorry Hungry Girl, I'll stick to a cleaner diet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2011 4:07 PM PDT

Jack Lalanne's JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe Stainless-Steel Electric Juicer
Jack Lalanne's JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe Stainless-Steel Electric Juicer
Offered by Premium Upgrades
Price: $123.52
39 used & new from $59.50

4.0 out of 5 stars great, January 9, 2011
I love this juicer. It is quiet, fast, never gets clogged, easy to clean, and makes alot of juice. I use the pulp in my composte, and it does what it says. I am sure there are even better juicers on the market for hard core juicers, but for my first juicer,this was the perfect one for us. I have no regrets! Love it!