Profile for R. Mckinstry > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Mckinstry "MIR Rad" RSS Feed (Chesterfield, MO)

Page: 1 | 2
David Archy Men's 4 Pack Micro Modal Air Low Rise Trunk (M,White)
David Archy Men's 4 Pack Micro Modal Air Low Rise Trunk (M,White)
Offered by CN-Smashing
Price: $65.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A good value in a form fitting brief., September 10, 2014
Very form fitting. Not as nice as my Calvin Klein Men's Micro Modal Trunk but the price was right a good value.

Black Microfiber With Adjustable Back Klik Klak Sofa Futon Bed Sleeper
Black Microfiber With Adjustable Back Klik Klak Sofa Futon Bed Sleeper
Offered by Superior Importers Company
Price: $85.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits the space perfectly., September 28, 2012
I was looking for a futon that would fit in limited space in a office. I use it mainly to sleep on when I have guests. At 5'10", I have to lay diagonally or my feet hang off (no big deal). It is firm and a little lumpy but it serve the purpose for a weekend. It is not comfortable to sit on but it looks smart in the available space. The other futons I saw were too wide for my office. I wish the construction were a little more durable but it was so affordable that it is a good value.

ASICS Men's Gel-1170 Running Shoe,Titanium/Black/Lime,10.5 M US
ASICS Men's Gel-1170 Running Shoe,Titanium/Black/Lime,10.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars More than enough show from a great maker, April 5, 2012
I ran the Asics 21xx series for 10 years. After a bout of plantar fasciitis (walking barefoot) and after I developed arthritis in my great toe, I thought I needed more shoe and moved up to the Gel Kayano. Another great shoe but I probably don't need that much support. Once the minimalist trend took hold I contemplated slowly transitioning to less support. The first step was to the Gel 1170. This is a fantastic shoe. Fits like a glove. Lighter than the models I had been running but with enough support and cushioning for my 170 lb frame. I now alternate the 1170 with the DS Trainer. I have not had an injury in the last 6 months and my times have dropped. I am one happy customer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2013 6:14 PM PST

Logitech Harmony One Universal Remote with Color Touchscreen (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to its reputation, April 26, 2011
You need to be a techie to set it up, but once you do it is awesome. Works great, looks great, feels great in the hand. Worth every penny.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 6.5 Feet (2 Meters) Supports 3D + Audio Return Channel [OLD MODEL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't overpay for HDMI cables, February 6, 2011
HDMI is digital. You are crazy if you a paying more that $10. They just work. Since I order almost everything from Amazon, this was my go to cable. I only regret not buying 3 more.

Sony HT-CT350 Virtual 5.1 Sound Bar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sony HT-CT350 Virtual 5.1 Sound Bar (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony HT-CT350 Virtual 5.1 Sound Bar FTW., February 6, 2011
We've had two home theaters in the past. Both failed to gain the all important SAF (Spousal Acceptance Factor).

Out of the box, this is no Apple Product. Manual is thick and there is no graphical quick start guide. It is not hard to set up but the manual actually slowed me down. All video sources need to be HDMI. Audio sources can be digital or analog. The subwoofer is also where the guts of the electronics lie. There is a power cord connecting to the subwoofer and a ribbon-type speaker cable that connects the subwoofer to the sound bar. HDMI cables connect your set-top box and video sources to the subwoofer so you can't place the subwoofer in a corner. For me this was a plus as it fits right in the piece of furniture housing the DVD, Apple TV and Roku player. You'll definitely want to think hard about this before you buy but if you are buying a sound bar because you don't have a lot of space, it should not matter. One last HDMI cable connects the subwoofer to the TV. There is passive HDMI pass through so you can watch the TV without having the sound bar turned on. Supposedly there is audio return so that the TV can send audio to the sound bar but I haven't tested this.

Sound is fine. Easily fills our two story, 15x18 family room with sound and plenty of bass. However, this is not a thumping visceral experience in a large room. For that you'll need to get a more powerful home theater in a box or individual components. In the end Sony HT-CT350 Virtual 5.1 Sound Bar does exactly what I asked it to do. It delivers on the promise of simple, attractive home-theater solution that passes the SAF.

Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black)
Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone (Black)
Price: $24.95
18 used & new from $19.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., October 8, 2010
We have two iPod speaker docks that provide power through the Firewire pin of the dock connector. This device allows us to use modern iPods, which draw power from the USB pin not Firewire pine, to charge from the old speaker docks. Works fine. The profile of the passthrough connector is high so the whole set up looks a little janky but it works as advertised.

Apple iPod nano 16 GB Silver (5th Generation)  (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Apple iPod nano 16 GB Silver (5th Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by iPod™ SuperStore
Price: $249.99
17 used & new from $69.90

4.0 out of 5 stars I grabbed one so that I didn't have to buy a Gen 6 nano., October 8, 2010
My only complaint is that the Gen 5 nano would skip through and skip between tracks when I ran with the clickable earbuds. THis happened with Apple and with Sony earbuds. As a result, I had to revert back to the old style earbuds with no controls built in. Voice over was not what I expected. It gets in the way and I ended up turning the feature off. Otherwise, it is a nice upgrade from my Gen 1 nano.

Good to Great CD: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...And Others Don't
Good to Great CD: Why Some Companies Make the Leap...And Others Don't
by Jim Collins
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $23.97
55 used & new from $16.66

5.0 out of 5 stars A Levle 5 Book, December 5, 2009
One of the best business books I've "read". The audio quality is great. Mr. Collins is great at reading his book. The pace was excellent. The concepts can be applied to any organization, family or business. The book left me wanting to know more about Fannie Mae and Circuit City, but otherwise a timeless work.

Seagate FreeAgent Desk Hard Drive
Seagate FreeAgent Desk Hard Drive
2 used & new from $75.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well. Looks great., September 3, 2009
Wanted to "match" the decor of the aluminum iMac with a FireWire 800 Time Machine volume. Works like a charm with no set up. I bought two.

Page: 1 | 2