Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Careful Consumer > Reviews

Browse

Careful Consumer's Profile

Customer Reviews: 83

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Careful Consumer RSS Feed (Edenton, NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Harold Import Company Evo Kitchen Grill Olive and Cooking Oil Trigger Refillable Non-Aerosol 18/8 Stainless Steel Sprayer Bottle, 16 oz
Offered by Bella Dune
Price: $21.71
10 used & new from $21.71

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Solution, November 8, 2015
For several years now I've been buying olive oil already packaged into various sprayers, and I think I have tried just about everything out there. The results were generally O.K., but left something to be desired in terms of control over the delivery and the spray pattern, and also were just a disappointingly expensive way to coat a pan or a food item when I already had perfectly good bottles of oil sitting right there.

So when I tried this Evo Sprayer, I was really, really pleased. The spray pattern(s) are nicely dispersive, strong, and easy to control. I have confidence with this sprayer that I will get the quantity I want where I want it (a little practice goes a long way). And not only can I pick what oil (or mix) I want to put in it from my stock of bottled oils (and vinegars), but it looks great out on the counter as well. Very sleek, very chic, very quality.

I think my next purchase will be the two-pack of Evo 8-oz. sprayers. They're not quite as slick looking, but the smaller size will be very practical for keeping a variety of oil types at hand, and I think I will like the ergonomics of them a little more than the larger stainless steel bottle.

Blossom Manual Flax Seed and Grain Grinder Mill, 5.5", Black
Blossom Manual Flax Seed and Grain Grinder Mill, 5.5", Black
Price: $29.90
14 used & new from $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hello flax seed!, September 1, 2015
I am happy with my new flax seed mill. I have heard for years the benefits of flax seed but just did not take the time to introduce it to my diet. Instead of grabbing for the salt and pepper, I use pepper and flax seed now! It is easy to use and convenient. Cleaning it is a bit time consuming but it does not need cleaning very often. Great product!

Mr.Power Power Supply for Guitar Effect Pedals 9V DC 1A (1000mA) with Free Cable 3 Way Daisy Chain Cord
Offered by GraceBuy Music
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good plug, March 19, 2015
It is exactly what it purports to be. I tested the output at just under 9.4VDC (about the same as a new 9V battery) which made me very happy (I've tested other adaptors that put out 11-13V). Buyers should be aware that the main cord is only about 42" long, which requires a power source nearby. The three-plug extension is a nice bonus, especially at the price. Not particularly versatile, obviously, but works well for its designated task.

Top Collection Miniature Fairy Garden and Terrarium Inspirational Baby Sea Turtle Hatching "Courage" Statue
Price: $11.95
3 used & new from $7.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift for a turtle person, January 12, 2015
I thought the colors would be a little more vibrant, but it's really cute anyway.

Stanley Hardware 80-1710 Chest Latch With Eye
Stanley Hardware 80-1710 Chest Latch With Eye
Offered by Life and Home
Price: $5.89
16 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved the day, January 12, 2015
I couldn't believe how hard it was to find one of these that would fit. I needed it to repair a guitar case for a friend, and it fit perfectly where the old one had been. Good quality part.

uxcell® 4 Pcs AC 125V/15A 250V/10A SPST Red Green Lamp Snap in Rocker Switch
uxcell® 4 Pcs AC 125V/15A 250V/10A SPST Red Green Lamp Snap in Rocker Switch
Offered by uxcell
Price: $4.46
2 used & new from $4.46

4.0 out of 5 stars What I expected/hoped it would be!, January 12, 2015
I really only needed one switch to repair a portable heater, but finding one of these round buggers rated for 15 amps at 125 volts proved to be virtually impossible. So paying five bucks to get 4 of these shipped from China was not too painful. They came reasonably quickly and neatly packaged.

If you look very closely at the photo you will see that the two red switches appear to be rated 15A/125V, 10A/250V and the two green ones rated 10A/125V, 6A/250V. The accompanying description was not particularly clear about that, but, lo and behold, that's exactly what I got! I got one red one for my replacement and one to spare and two green ones I'll find a use for someday. I'm a happy camper!

UPDATE 2/17/15: The switch I installed failed completely after fairly minimal use. I'm going to try the other one that came with the shipment. If I get the same results I will certainly revise my rating again.

UPDATE 2/05/16: After the second switch failed shortly after installing it, the only reasonable conclusion is that the heater has a defect I have not located that is overloading the switch beyond it's rating; so, good reason to toss the heater; so, no reason to think you're not getting what you're paying for. Recommend this product.

John Adams Season 1
John Adams Season 1
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent television, November 17, 2014
This review is from: John Adams Season 1 (Amazon Video)
I enjoyed this mini-series a great deal. Although any re-envisioning of historical events can only be one person's interpretation, I found the effort here enlightening and thought-provoking. The period covered is certainly the most critical one of our country's history: from events leading up to the establishment of the first Continental Congress and the drafting of the Declaration of Independence through the election of the country's first President and the peaceful if not contentious (as always and forever) transition of power through the next several presidencies.

I appreciated the effort to portray the lives, customs and morays of the times, both here and abroad, keeping in mind that the lives portrayed were of the elite segments of society by virtue of the tale being told. I thought the characterizations were excellent and the portrayals of the leading figures of the time: Adams, his wife Abigail, his son John Quincy, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton and so many others fascinating and often unlike anything I had previously envisioned.

Job well done. Worth watching even if history is not your interest.

Zyliss Burger Press, Hamburger Patty Maker, Adjustable 1/4 lb and 1/2 lb
Zyliss Burger Press, Hamburger Patty Maker, Adjustable 1/4 lb and 1/2 lb
Offered by ValueBeast Products
Price: $17.45
10 used & new from $17.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Turkey Burgers with Style!, November 2, 2014
This hot little press produces professional-looking burgers in seconds (and they don't even have to be turkey). The non-stick tray makes the press work efficiently and clean up easily. We like turkey burgers ourselves, but they've always been kind of a pain because the meat is so sticky. With a little oil the burgers went from press to grill to serving platter cleanly and looked like restaurant quality. The only suggestion I would have for Zyliss is to add a setting detent for a 1/3 pound burger, since that is closer to the size we usually like to make.

Eureka Quick Up 2-in-1 Cordless w/Bonus Battery Pack, 96JZ
Eureka Quick Up 2-in-1 Cordless w/Bonus Battery Pack, 96JZ
Price: $53.49
3 used & new from $45.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it!, October 12, 2014
What can I say...I've bought four of these...two for us and two as gifts. The oldest one is about twelve years old, and still working great with a replacement battery. For many years it was basically our only vacuum. Use it with or without the brush revolving...it works great either way depending on the surface. Batteries hold their charge well and recharge fairly quickly (and they can stay on the charger all the time); the vacuum is extremely light weight and comfortable to use (at six feet tall, the handle is plenty long for me), and the company keeps making small refinements to an already excellent product that make it even more pleasant to use! I love that you can use the charger on a table top to charge the battery pack by itself (it just pops out of the vacuum), or you can hang it on a wall and hang the vacuum on the charger without ever removing the battery (or even charge the vac with the battery still in and an extra battery at the same time!). You can vacuum for days without having to clean out the holding box, but when you do, cleaning is quick and easy (if not slightly messy, but then you can't have everything...and what vacuum isn't a bit messy at cleaning time?).

Do yourself a favor and get at least one of these!

OXO Good Grips Dustpan and Brush Set
OXO Good Grips Dustpan and Brush Set
Price: $9.99
81 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars You will definitely want this!, October 12, 2014
Really nice set. I generally like the OXO products, and this is one of my favorites. And a brilliant design...the shape/handle orientation of the hand brush makes it so so much easier and more pleasant to use than the typical hand brush that you have to use sideways. Finally, a better mouse trap! And typical high quality OXO construction.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9