Profile for Careful Consumer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 80

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Careful Consumer RSS Feed (Edenton, NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Top Collection Miniature Fairy Garden and Terrarium Inspirational Baby Sea Turtle Hatching "Courage" Statue
Price: $11.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice gift for a turtle person, January 12, 2015
I thought the colors would be a little more vibrant, but it's really cute anyway.

Stanley Hardware 801710 Draw Catch With Eye
Stanley Hardware 801710 Draw Catch With Eye
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $5.73
15 used & new from $0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved the day, January 12, 2015
I couldn't believe how hard it was to find one of these that would fit. I needed it to repair a guitar case for a friend, and it fit perfectly where the old one had been. Good quality part.

4 Pcs AC 125V/15A 250V/10A SPST Red Green Lamp Snap in Rocker Switch
4 Pcs AC 125V/15A 250V/10A SPST Red Green Lamp Snap in Rocker Switch
Offered by uxcell
Price: $4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected/hoped it would be!, January 12, 2015
I really only needed one switch to repair a portable heater, but finding one of these round buggers rated for 15 amps at 125 volts proved to be virtually impossible. So paying five bucks to get 4 of these shipped from China was not too painful. They came reasonably quickly and neatly packaged.

If you look very closely at the photo you will see that the two red switches appear to be rated 15A/125V, 10A/250V and the two green ones rated 10A/125V, 6A/250V. The accompanying description was not particularly clear about that, but, lo and behold, that's exactly what I got! I got one red one for my replacement and one to spare and two green ones I'll find a use for someday. I'm a happy camper!

John Adams Season 1 [HD]
John Adams Season 1 [HD]
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent television, November 17, 2014
I enjoyed this mini-series a great deal. Although any re-envisioning of historical events can only be one person's interpretation, I found the effort here enlightening and thought-provoking. The period covered is certainly the most critical one of our country's history: from events leading up to the establishment of the first Continental Congress and the drafting of the Declaration of Independence through the election of the country's first President and the peaceful if not contentious (as always and forever) transition of power through the next several presidencies.

I appreciated the effort to portray the lives, customs and morays of the times, both here and abroad, keeping in mind that the lives portrayed were of the elite segments of society by virtue of the tale being told. I thought the characterizations were excellent and the portrayals of the leading figures of the time: Adams, his wife Abigail, his son John Quincy, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Ben Franklin, Alexander Hamilton and so many others fascinating and often unlike anything I had previously envisioned.

Job well done. Worth watching even if history is not your interest.

Zyliss Burger Press
Zyliss Burger Press
Price: $25.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Turkey Burgers with Style!, November 2, 2014
This review is from: Zyliss Burger Press (Kitchen)
This hot little press produces professional-looking burgers in seconds (and they don't even have to be turkey). The non-stick tray makes the press work efficiently and clean up easily. We like turkey burgers ourselves, but they've always been kind of a pain because the meat is so sticky. With a little oil the burgers went from press to grill to serving platter cleanly and looked like restaurant quality. The only suggestion I would have for Zyliss is to add a setting detent for a 1/3 pound burger, since that is closer to the size we usually like to make.

Eureka Quick Up 2-in-1 Cordless w/Bonus Battery Pack, 96JZ
Eureka Quick Up 2-in-1 Cordless w/Bonus Battery Pack, 96JZ
Price: $49.99
25 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it!, October 12, 2014
What can I say...I've bought four of these...two for us and two as gifts. The oldest one is about twelve years old, and still working great with a replacement battery. For many years it was basically our only vacuum. Use it with or without the brush revolving...it works great either way depending on the surface. Batteries hold their charge well and recharge fairly quickly (and they can stay on the charger all the time); the vacuum is extremely light weight and comfortable to use (at six feet tall, the handle is plenty long for me), and the company keeps making small refinements to an already excellent product that make it even more pleasant to use! I love that you can use the charger on a table top to charge the battery pack by itself (it just pops out of the vacuum), or you can hang it on a wall and hang the vacuum on the charger without ever removing the battery (or even charge the vac with the battery still in and an extra battery at the same time!). You can vacuum for days without having to clean out the holding box, but when you do, cleaning is quick and easy (if not slightly messy, but then you can't have everything...and what vacuum isn't a bit messy at cleaning time?).

Do yourself a favor and get at least one of these!

OXO Good Grips Dustpan and Brush Set
OXO Good Grips Dustpan and Brush Set
Price: $9.99
14 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars You will definitely want this!, October 12, 2014
Really nice set. I generally like the OXO products, and this is one of my favorites. And a brilliant design...the shape/handle orientation of the hand brush makes it so so much easier and more pleasant to use than the typical hand brush that you have to use sideways. Finally, a better mouse trap! And typical high quality OXO construction.

Factory-Reconditioned Black & Decker NST2118R 18V Cordless 12-in Straight Shaft Electric String Trimmer / Edger
Offered by CPO Outlets
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great deal!, October 12, 2014
If they hadn't told me it was reconditioned I never would have known. Perfectly packaged and presented (as reconditioned), the trimmer and both batteries appeared and have functioned as new (and I'm very familiar with Black and Decker 18-volt tools, including the trimmer). Since I have several of their 18-volt tools, I was going to just buy a couple of extra batteries, as I seem to wear them out every couple of years. But I also wanted to pick up a trimmer similar to my 4-year old one to use at another location. Lo and behold...here's a trimmer and two batteries for the cost of the batteries alone! Couldn't pass up trying it, and I am very satisfied. For supposedly reconditioned batteries, over the last several months of use I've seen no difference in the charge and discharge characteristics of these over the numerous brand new ones I've used before. And I do like these trimmers: weight and balance are good, you can't beat the portability and ease of maintenance, the automatic feed feature works well, and it's tough enough to keep the underbrush cut back in the woods around the house.

Epicurean, Indiana State Shaped Cutting and Serving Board, Natural, 15 by 8-Inches
Offered by MMP Living
Price: Click here to see our price
2 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Functional!, October 12, 2014
Our South Carolina-shaped cutting/serving board is such a great conversation piece! And it's practical to use, too: nice size, heavy-duty but not too heavy and easy to clean. This goes to the top of our list for house-warming gift ideas!

Stanley 84-101, 6 Inch Basic Long Nose Cutting Plier
Stanley 84-101, 6 Inch Basic Long Nose Cutting Plier
Price: $8.21
21 used & new from $6.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tool, July 15, 2014
Excellent Stanley product. Simple, sturdy, built to last. My other two finally wore out after at least 40 years of abuse, so I bought two new ones. Glad I did.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8