Profile for Julie Makrides > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Julie Makrides "BookCat" RSS Feed (Arlington, MA)

MY LITTLE PONY - Friendship is Magic
MY LITTLE PONY - Friendship is Magic
Offered by Appstore - US - MP - Offer
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, July 1, 2013
Appropriate for all. Simple and open gameplay, though friends are needed to progress, and social menu frequently glitches. Doesn't require money, though it's tempting to get impatient and spend, especialy when they have sales.

Mario Kart Racing Wheel for Wii (2pcs Bundle) (Bulk Packaging), Color May Vary;
Mario Kart Racing Wheel for Wii (2pcs Bundle) (Bulk Packaging), Color May Vary;
Offered by Compton Game Store
Price: $6.76
75 used & new from $3.42

3.0 out of 5 stars Close, Not Perfect., August 6, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
These work just as well as the originals wheels. But I have to force my controller into it, scraping the plastic, and pry so hard to get it out that I feel like I'm about to snap the controller apart, which is exactly why I got rid of my Gamestop brand wheel. They're better than the other wheels I've found, but they're still not a perfect match for the original.

Nightmare Before Christmas, Tim Burton's The
Nightmare Before Christmas, Tim Burton's The
by Tim Burton
48 used & new from $8.89

2.0 out of 5 stars For collector's only, maybe?, December 26, 2008
I adore the Nightmare Before Christmas movie. That being said, I planned a trip to the bookstore to pick this up the day the hardcover came out. After reading it, I dropped it disgustedly back on the shelf and left the store. I understand that it's supposed to be Burton's 'original' version of the story, and in such a way it's a good collector's item and concept in its own right. But without Oogie Boogie, Sally, (and I belive much of Lock/Shock/Barrel) it just wasn't worth it to me. I want to share Nightmare with a girl I babysit who doesn't do TV yet (which I think is great) and I was looking forward to having a picture book to share with her before playing her the music. It ruins it if the story is entirely different or missing most of the elements I found most enchanting. I guess my end result is that it still has good pictures and is a cute story in it's own way, but I much prefer the fuller movie version of the tale. Now I'm off to look for a version of the book that tells the whole story, though it would be nice if they did a similar well-drawn picture book with the movie version of the plot in the future.
My best advice is that if you're a Nightmare fanatic this might be a good collector's item. If you have a younger child unfamiliar with the story (and undisturbed by creepy elements) who you don't plan on immediately sharing the movie or songs with, this would be a fine purchase. But if you're getting it for a kid who likes the movie already or is going to be able to watch or listen to it soon, don't waste your money or even a trip to the library.